Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2006, 11:30 AM   #31
Starla

or.....

as an alternative.....

tell them you are pregnant with a black man's child and that your s/o is going to be the baby daddy to it........it nearly killed one of my relatives but the shock value of it was incredible

Old 09-24-2006, 11:39 AM   #32
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

I wish I could have been there, To Starla.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:43 AM   #33
Rockin' Cherub
Braindead

krazeestacee doesn't have a medical condition

Old 09-24-2006, 11:54 AM   #34
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead
I wish I could have been there, To Starla.

It's not something I'm proud of. She ended up leaving in an ambulance because it caused her chest pains. She is so mean though.

Old 09-24-2006, 01:32 PM   #35
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Id slap the bitch for telling other people my business.

Old 09-24-2006, 02:59 PM   #36
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

Eh, you can find ways to avoid it if you want to. I tend to mention my food allergies if food is involved because it's common sense but the other stuff I sort of gloss over because they don't really need to know everything about me as soon as we meet. And isn't your back thing pretty much a done deal? I mean, I know you had surgery but don't you just have a lot of pain from time to time? I just never got the impression it was a current medical condition. And whatever happened with your kidney thing? Sorry, just curious.

Old 09-24-2006, 06:08 PM   #37
kristin xp

the back thing is obvious. it's funny meeting someone i know who doesn't know a thing about scoliosis and mentions something about how i have great posture, but that doesnt' happen a lot.
it was the kidney thing that happened at dinner, and it's kind of a downer because it's a major surgery. i just really didn't think it would be brought up and i was shocked. i didn't want to think about how i could have a potentially (semi)fatal operation in the near future, but whatever. the parents were both in the medical field, but it still sucks to say yeah it's pretty much dead.

Old 09-24-2006, 06:11 PM   #38
kristin xp

yeah and even if i go for a sinus infection at a hospital/clinic they ask my medical allergies, and when i say 'morphine' i get a funny look. then have to explain the surgery i had 6 years ago, no biggie. i kinda have a lot of practice explaining how fucked up i am. heh

the other medical shit i'm going through sucks because it's ruined getting wasted for me~! hah i never get trashed now, and sometimes just get all anxious about everything that i can't really hold my liqor well. OH well! gotta get a new hobby!

Old 09-24-2006, 07:38 PM   #39
Travis Meeks
Rambling on

ugh

Old 09-24-2006, 07:49 PM   #40
Lollipop
Demi-God

Kristin, Do you have AIDS or something? You talk like you're very ill and dieing.

Old 09-24-2006, 08:20 PM   #41
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

I thought the same thing but she was actually talking about something else.

Old 09-24-2006, 08:24 PM   #42
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

she's going to claim she really wanted everyone's opinion on what you do in situations where the person you are dating and his/her parents go to dinner with you and ask you about your own medical conditions, amd how that affects you and how you cope with it and that this thread is not at all about her and her need to bitch and moan about her medical conditions

Old 09-24-2006, 09:31 PM   #43
Orenthal James
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' Cherub
krazeestacee doesn't have a medical condition
didn't you hear. she's bipolar.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:07 PM   #44
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********
lol yeah tell me about it
so you have some scoliosis, big deal

1. why is it any concern of your significant other's parents?
2. if they are interested in hearing about it, why fret over what to tell them? just tell them 'i have scoliosis'.
3. apparently you can't even tell you have anything wrong with you if ignorant passerbys compliment you on your posture.

i was born with a birth defect that can't really be seen unless i take off my shirt, i've had surgery/have a giant scar, i have breathing problems and chest pains regularly....but no one asks me about it and if they do i tell them 'yes i do have this problem' and thats pretty much the end of it.

sounds like you are making a mountain out of a molehill kristinxp
You tard, she just said she had a dead kidney or something.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:21 PM   #45
shattering fast
Ownz

semi-fatal?

Old 09-24-2006, 10:26 PM   #46
benjamin619
Apocalyptic Poster

Lightbulb

"Oh, my medical condition isn't all that distressing. At least, not as distressing as my raging herpes."

Old 09-25-2006, 01:31 AM   #47
kristin xp

no nimrod was pretty much right except for those last two sentences

it's really not about my back, and it's really weird how that's the least of my concerns....now.
i really have no need to bitch and moan. i'm not in pain or disabled other than the occasional drinking binge, but that's not really painful either. it's the future and what COULD happen that i dont want to talk about. for fucks sake when they found it they thought it was a tumor, and if it was i'd pretty much be dead in a couple years if it was cancerous. SO YEAH

just wondering. no biggie

Old 09-25-2006, 01:35 AM   #48
kristin xp

p.s. they ask because they care, and i know that and am thankful for it. i just didnt know what to say. it just caught me off guard. and yeah, my scoliosis is pretty much a big deal. it won't ever be just something people comment on. for fucks sake my BONEs are fucked up!!! come on!
anyway, that was fun and pointless yay.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:35 AM   #49
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

I would say "I'm doing quite well, thank you," then I'd calmly take a drink. After that I'd comment on the positive qualities of the food.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:38 AM   #50
kristin xp

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp
I would say "I'm doing quite well, thank you," then I'd calmly take a drink. After that I'd comment on the positive qualities of the food.
well yeah i did that too, but the point is....it's only getting worse and you can't bring back a kidney really. his mom just said 'you can go a while with that level functioning, and most people live their lives with only one kidney' and i just said "apparently! i'm doing fine" in some hey-that-wasn't-personal-and-awkward voice. i just hate feeling like a patient

Old 09-25-2006, 01:41 AM   #51
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

I imagine he told them about it and they are genuinely concerned with your health. It probably wasn't meant to be too too personal.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:48 AM   #52
kristin xp

i know, but at dinner!

atleast there was a blatant transvestite there to distract from my miserable medical conditions.
do you KNOW what its like to have people sympathize for you so much that it's almost unbearable?!?! probably not. i'm such a bitch. i just hate that feeling.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:51 AM   #53
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Who was the transvestite? And was he/she bad-ass?

Old 09-25-2006, 02:10 AM   #54
kristin xp

this man woman....dressed in feminine clothing and a nice glossy taken-care-of wig (which was why i noticed...seriously) then secondly i noticed the walk. the blocky man walk. WENT INTO THE WOMENS BATHROOM
we had a table RIGHT by the bathrooms, and THEN a woman and her child wouldn't go into the bathroom because they saw him/her/it walk in there and lock the door. it was SO HILARIOUS! then we watched him walk out while i was trying to divert attention to the menu, and my boy goes "WHYYYY just why!" and i couldn't stop laughing.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:15 AM   #55
Starla

Kristin on the serious side here -

I have a heart condition - restrictive cardiomyopathy. When I met my in -laws they never brought it up at first. My ex mother in law waited until later on to write me an email asking me not to marry her son because she didn't want him with someone who could possibly have congestive heart failure. Not only was the email sent to me, she fwded it to a few of her friends and family members to read. It really did hurt my feelings.

You should tell them how you feel about their bringing up your medical condition. After that, it's up to them whether or not they want to appear rude if they continue doing so.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:16 AM   #56
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

major party foul there, ex mother in law.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:20 AM   #57
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin xp
do you KNOW what its like to have people sympathize for you so much that it's almost unbearable?!?! probably not. i'm such a bitch. i just hate that feeling.

Yes I do, especially when I have to stop and take my medication when I'm out doing something with friends or family. It has to be taken on time -
I hate having to stop and get the pills out and do it right away. Then I get these looks.
I try to just avoid it by joking around or not making a big deal out of it - change the subject or some diversion tactic. I don't want sympathy.....when it's my time to go it will happen....and up till that point I want to have fun and enjoy my life without thinking about it every day.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:22 AM   #58
kristin xp

Should i feel like it was rude?
i know they were concerned, and i don't see them as much, but i doubt i'm close enough to really pull them aside on my own and tell them how uncomfortable i was. maybe i was overreacting about it. i dunno. i'm really good at playing off things in person and carrying on, but later when i think about it i get all bothered again.
i'm just too sensitive about being 'the patient' again. i dont want people to worry about me, but i have NO idea how to politely decline. it would be ridiculous for me to say 'i'm fine' when it wont ever be fine. it's either going to be removed or dead or whatever.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:29 AM   #59
cork_soaker
full of longing

luckily my gf's mom hasn't noticed the syphillis i gave to her husband. give it time...give it time...

Old 09-25-2006, 02:35 AM   #60
kristin xp

boy am i glad i take care of my shit

guys medical conditions concern more than what the whore down the street gave you.

pm me when you have something of substance to talk about. i'll be in the library looking up behaviorism in relevance to the nurture vs nature debate.

Last edited by kristin xp : 09-25-2006 at 02:42 AM.