Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 12:48 AM   #91
fuzzyroes
Banned

So a whole bunch of fans are giving up on the band just because Billy gives Monte the odd update for his shitty site?

Seems really odd to me... I can think of several more relevant reasons as to why you should give up on the band:

1 The current line up of musicians is 3rd rate... Billy "fired" one of the greatest ever drummers of all time (what a fool!).. The best replacement he could manage to provide was a kid with no experience who was flipping burgers at Mcdonalds.

2. Due to the 3rd rate line up the musicianship and setlists of the live shows has decreased to an astounding level... The sound of the band has never been weaker or more predictable than it is now.

3. The last 2 albums were completely pathetic. Teargardens a joke and Oceania is the blandest safest release WPC's ever released. It reaks of matchbox 20 type stuff. Something everybodys mom surely loves.

I'm done with this band because the band just isn't any good anymore. I love all of the old stuff and still get stoked watching any of the Jimmy era videos... But lets face it. This band just isn't good enough to deserve the SP title... That is a fact...

So it baffles me that people give up on the band due to Monte being slightly involved in promotion and not because the band just sucks.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:58 AM   #92
fuzzyroes
Banned

Don't get me wrong or anything... I realize the new members are just hired hands and have no say at all- I can definitely see why that annoys some people... On the other hand....

Nicole did make her self seem like an incredible dumbass with her statements regarding all of this... But really, what can you expect? It's not like she has any say or pull with what goes on in the band. It's not like she can just make management decisions... She's an employee of Billy Corgans... Billys the boss (ie- shes a hired hand). What can you really expect her to do?

Do you guys honestly think she can just fire Monte? Do you think she'd quit the band and lose out on the big cash flow just because the bands involved with hateful people?

It's the Billy Corgan show, and it shouldn't be of any surprise to anyone that Corgan loves to surround himself with yes men.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:00 AM   #93
fuzzyroes
Banned

In the end though, it really all comes down to the music... And the music sucks.

It shouldn't have anything to do with Monte being a moron.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:09 AM   #94
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah, but when output is going through a rough period other factors such as character and creative as well as personal integrity start to come into play. Shit that in other circumstances perhaps we would be willing to overlook or at least put up with to some degree. Those things can become make or break in people's willingness to stick around.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:13 AM   #95
fuzzyroes
Banned

Yeah you actually make a good point. It's like when you really like a bands music and then you find out that the members are really cool too and you can relate with what they talk about in interviews and that sort of thing...

Jeff, Nicole and Mike have to be the least cool, uninteresting group of people this band has ever featured... Well Jeff would actually probably be a pretty cool guy to talk with. But he doesn't show any personality in the SP setting. Nicole and Mike just seem like air heads.

I guess the Monte thing is just the straw that broke the camels back for the real diehards

Old 04-22-2013, 01:21 AM   #96
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Nicole did make her self seem like an incredible dumbass with her statements regarding all of this... But really, what can you expect? It's not like she has any say or pull with what goes on in the band. It's not like she can just make management decisions... She's an employee of Billy Corgans... Billys the boss (ie- shes a hired hand). What can you really expect her to do?
I guess this says more about Nicole then anyone else...

anyone have screenshots of what she said? (quotes?)

Old 04-22-2013, 02:34 AM   #97
celestials
Oblivious Virgin

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Don't get me wrong or anything... I realize the new members are just hired hands and have no say at all- I can definitely see why that annoys some people... On the other hand....

Do you guys honestly think she can just fire Monte? Do you think she'd quit the band and lose out on the big cash flow just because the bands involved with hateful people?

It's the Billy Corgan show, and it shouldn't be of any surprise to anyone that Corgan loves to surround himself with yes men.
Well, your last few posts were rather depressing x) Yeah, I'm not really sure how this thread got to this point. I think pavement made the assumption earlier that a few of us quit because of the Monte/Billy relationship. Like I've said before, it was a combination of a lot of things over a long period of time. I'm not sure how some fans can expect us to keep archiving if we have lost our passion/belief/interest in the band. I think it's really as simple as that when it comes to reasons for quitting. When I started my site, it was out of pure love for the music and it was my way of saying thanks for getting me through tough times. I never expected the band to visit the site - like ever. Funny enough, I think it was Monte that told the band about my site 1-2 weeks after I launched. I wouldn't quit over small things, bullshit fan politics or a bad PR system. It goes a lot deeper than that.

Just to clarify, I don't expect Nicole to do anything. Monte's role in the community is entirely up to Billy. I have only been in contact with Nicole to better understand how that post came about - nothing more. It was ultimately the "straw that broke the camel's back" for me. It's a bit of a relief to know that there were misunderstandings on both sides.

In 2 years of observation, I can say that Monte is really good at finding news. He is also extremely loyal to Billy and never questions or doubts anything that he says or does. Is he a good yes-man to have around? Absolutely. Is he a good fan representative/liaison person? Absolutely not - and to his own admission. Ultimately, things in the SP community would be a lot more enjoyable if there was more equality and cooperation between the prominent fan sites. That is ultimately how a community strives. I would prefer to get news from the band's official media sources so it reaches both hardcore and casual fans.

I think what has been revealed in this thread about Monte is a very PG version. I do not think tbat the people here can think any lower of him than they already do. At the end of the day, he has to live with what he has done (and will probably continue to do). I'm not sure why it's so hard for him to be a decent and honest person. I don't like the feeling of being mean to a fellow human being, and that is why I haven't said more on the issue. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad character trait to have, but I think I'm ok with it.

Anyway, I just wanted to elaborate more because I felt that some assumptions being made were not entirely applicable to my situation. If I am sticking around, it's because I have been very fortunate to meet life-long friends during my time in the SP community. I also have no fucking clue what to do with my archive right now x) I used to be an active Netphorian between 1998-2001. It's really neat that this place is still around. I always enjoy the frankness, intelligence and sense of humor

Old 04-22-2013, 02:54 AM   #98
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestials View Post
I'm not sure why it's so hard for him to be a decent and honest person.
he's ethically underdeveloped. i think he's stuck somewhere around the age of four.

here's an example of how he deals with right and wrong.
http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=162886
Quote:
MonteLDS says (4:40 PM):
So u think your all that b/c u know how many ppl are in the usa
MonteLDS says (4:41 PM):
Give me a break
MonteLDS says (4:42 PM):
That's just arrogance on your part
Andrew says (4:42 PM):
The point is 6.3 billion people in the world, roughly 96% of the whole worlds population uses the metric system, why is your country still using out dated inefficent system
MonteLDS says (4:43 PM):
Yes and everyone thought the world was flat too
Andrew says (4:44 PM):
a lot of people in your country still do
MonteLDS says (4:44 PM):
Here do u get this arrogant idea frok
MonteLDS says (4:44 PM):
From*
MonteLDS says (4:45 PM):
I am possibly going lose cell signal as I go thru the backroads

Andrew says (4:45 PM):
you are the one coming off as arrogant trying to defend Americas non-use of the metric system
MonteLDS says (4:45 PM):
Just as a fair warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenguy2000 View Post
Also, Monte mentions he's about to lose signal...is he typing all of this while driving?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammy View Post
this was what bothered me most about the conversation.
not to put less emphasis on the other terrible things going on
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteLDS View Post
Also, I want to note for anyone with a none bias point of view on me.
The conversation I was having with Andrew was while I was on my blackberry going to work
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammy View Post
Goddamnit Monte, you type and drive?
Fuck you. Really, wtf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardy View Post
that is illegal monte
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteLDS View Post
it will be in a few months, but it is not now

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BAQT134GFB.DTL
there. monty's problem solved. it wasn't illegal yet.

or check out this one. it's even better: http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=17416

Old 04-22-2013, 04:23 AM   #99
Cool As Ice Cream

was monty really at that concert though? and is his birthday on 22 april?
also, do you think he'd refer to himself as monty? his name is jonathan.
i think this might be someone else they're singing to.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:25 AM   #100
Cool As Ice Cream

in this thread, his birthday is one week earlier: http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=138402

or does that recording prove he really is a compulsive liar? (omg! he lied about his birthday.)

Old 04-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #101
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

if he has any friends they call him jonathan. Monte is his stage name.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #102
Shallowed
Braindead

Mister Monte

Old 04-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #103
Cool As Ice Cream

shut the fuck up, scotty. i wish you had fallen off that boat and died.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #104
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
he's ethically underdeveloped. i think he's stuck somewhere around the age of four.

here's an example of how he deals with right and wrong.
http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=162886
God bless u for linking this. Haven't read it in years, I need a good laugh.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #105
Eulogy
huh

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
God bless u for linking this. Haven't read it in years, I need a good laugh.
mhmm

Old 04-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #106
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
Did you read through all her posts in the fb link celestials already posted here?
I can't imagine what Nicole's deleted posts said to be considered worse than that pile of bs.
naw, i didn't read it. it's been deleted.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #107
Venom
Ownz

Hey Monte, where's that Pisces Iscariot reissue fix you mentioned was coming? Yeah, I thought so.

That's one of the recent things that's discouraged me to the point of not caring anymore about the band. The lack of acknowledgement officially about the problems all the reissues have had. With the PI reissue, things got progressively worse it seems. The various errors/problems in PI, the lack of 24/96, the brickwalled bonus disc, wrong Plume vocal take, etc. I even wrote up a report (with help from several other individuals) that was submitted to the band on deaf ears. Seems the only "fix" made was taking the original mix of Plume, making it louder in an editor and posting it as 'remastered' to the iTunes store. The worst problem yet, in my opinion, was the MCIS reissue vinyl issues in the US/Canada markets. Was any fix ever attempted since? I don't believe so. Billy could insist that the manufacturer to correct that issue for future pressings, but I don't believe he has. Is he even aware of that, nearly 6 months later? Talk about a lack of communication...

Old 04-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #108
Eulogy
huh

lol @ Dead defending him

Old 04-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #109
Eulogy
huh

oh shit 14-year-old eulogy posted in that thread!

still not clear on the principle behind not distributing things, tbh. but monte is a total ass.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #110
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

So has Nicole officially come out as a lesbian. I think the fact that, as far as I know, she has not publicly stated this makes a profound statement. She's a yes-person to Billy.

And Monte is a piece of shit and blemish to the community.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #111
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

I am glad, however, to see things finally turning on Monte. Even on the o-board, people see through his shit and more or less ignore him unless he is the ONLY person with available information.

There used to be people like Scotty who licked his sack, but now that we're getting more and more people exposing their feelings about him, at least the community will know what a fraud he is. Sad how Axl Rose like this has all become.

On a lighter note, it's just music. And when Billy drops a pedestrian album next year, everyone here will listen. It's just like how all those people who vowed to never support Billy after he verbally assaulted that transgendered woman all bought Oceania and are seeing the band on tour.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #112
Cool As Ice Cream

people are still seeing the band on tour?

Old 04-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #113
Cool As Ice Cream

people listen to oceania?

Old 04-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #114
Cool As Ice Cream

lol! good one.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #115
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
mhmm

Old 04-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #116
D.
Consume my pants.

Also, in that thread where Monte steals, he says he's 21. You mean Monte is 32?! I don't know why but I thought he was still in his 20's. This is a little unsettling.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #117
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
i was just agreeing with you!

Old 04-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #118
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Also in regards to what Julianna said, I think her position is just as bad and extreme as Monte's; just on the opposite end of the spectrum. I hate Monte's presence in the Smashing Pumpkins community with a passion, but the fact that he is Morman or that he does not support gay marraige has no bearing on me. If Smashing Pumpkins claim they'yre a band the promotes equality, that is the truth. It is not their fault that Monte holds the views he does. By your logic, anyone who likes Smashing Pumpkins but does not support gay marraige, but posts about in on Facebook or social media, should be stripped of their status of a Smashing Pumpkins fan.

I do not like Monte because he steals, lies, has a pompous attitude even though he is functionally reatrded, brown noses, stalks the band, writes an unreadable blog, and on the occasion he has the opportunity to make the voices of SP fans hear on a particualr issue (i.e. Pisces Iscariot reissue problems, MCIS vinyl fuck ups, or Lucky 13) he claims just to be a "regular fan" even though he usually brandishes his "I'm the unofficial 5th member of the band" stick all the time.

Whether he approves of one dude sticking it in another dude's ass is of little importance to me.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #119
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
I am glad, however, to see things finally turning on Monte. Even on the o-board, people see through his shit and more or less ignore him unless he is the ONLY person with available information.

There used to be people like Scotty who licked his sack, but now that we're getting more and more people exposing their feelings about him, at least the community will know what a fraud he is. Sad how Axl Rose like this has all become.

On a lighter note, it's just music. And when Billy drops a pedestrian album next year, everyone here will listen. It's just like how all those people who vowed to never support Billy after he verbally assaulted that transgendered woman all bought Oceania and are seeing the band on tour.
I have licked a lot of people in my life but I have never licked Monte's sack.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #120
jimmy drevpile
Apocalyptic Poster

He ran the Lucky13 project, it was a pile of shite; he's in large accountable as far as I see it. That is all.