Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2014, 12:51 PM   #1
Lysergic
Amish Rake Fighter

Default New Aphex Twin album coming out in about 3 weeks!

surprised no one has posted about this yet on here....then again, i guess i'm not that surprised, as most of you probably don't like AFX...but i do so here is an article! the dude is a sound engineering genius. i'm sorry but that is just my belief.

http://www.nme.com/news/aphex-twin--2/79382

Old 08-26-2014, 01:52 PM   #2
Crystal_Chrome
Pledge

I personally can't wait. It looks like it could be a Tuss continuation but hopefully will incorporate flavors from other styles he has done as well. I am sure it is going to be great stuff nonetheless.
Aphex Twin and The Pumpkins are both in my top-5 acts of all time so there you go. I'm pretty sure I've also seen a dude with the RDJ album cover as avatar around here.
Makes me wonder, has Corgan ever acknowledged Aphex or some other IDM artist like Autechre or something? I somehow doubt it'd be his cup of tea....

Last edited by Crystal_Chrome : 08-26-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:43 PM   #3
Lysergic
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Chrome View Post
I personally can't wait. It looks like it could be a Tuss continuation but hopefully will incorporate flavors from other styles he has done as well. I am sure it is going to be great stuff nonetheless.
Aphex Twin and The Pumpkins are both in my top-5 acts of all time so there you go. I'm pretty sure I've also seen a dude with the RDJ album cover as avatar around here.
Makes me wonder, has Corgan ever acknowledged Aphex or some other IDM artist like Autechre or something? I somehow doubt it'd be his cup of tea....
nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. i'd imagine the album will probably just be another mixture of ambient, breakbeat, etc. Aphex stays consistently good. He is even more weird and secretive about his process then Billy Corgan but i'd imagine he probably works on music literally from when he wakes up until he goes to bed. he is claiming he has enough material for like 10+ albums he has recorded since "Druqs"...but he is also a pathological liar so who knows? either way, i'm excited to hear it.

i dunno...to me Billy seems like someone who might enjoy Aphex Twin's music. i know he does like electronica...but it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. if they every collaborated, though, that would just be fuckin rad.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

aphex twin has put out a whole lot of good stuff and a whole lot of shit.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:55 PM   #5
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysergic View Post
as most of you probably don't like AFX...
there are maybe 10 people posting on this board section, on what are you basing your assumption what "most of us" don't like?

Lysergic Amish Rake Fighter Location: Oklahoma Posts: 13

actually please answer another question first: is that you in your avatar

Old 08-26-2014, 09:11 PM   #6
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Thats danny mcbride in tropic thunder, ffs

Old 08-26-2014, 09:25 PM   #7
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Corgan is a sad old rock pig too obsessed with the outdated notion of "guitar gods" and shit like that to appreciate stuff like Aphex. I bet he heard the James Blake album and punched a kitten.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:45 PM   #8
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
aphex twin has put out a whole lot of good stuff and a whole lot of shit.
came here to say this

Old 08-27-2014, 12:48 AM   #9
TuralyonW3
Immortal

I will certainly check this shit out

Old 08-27-2014, 01:12 AM   #10
Trotskilicious
Banned

i still like how the op is like dudes have you ever heard of one of the most famous producers that has ever been, i mean it's super obscure nobody's ever heard of it except everybody you guys might not be into it

Old 08-27-2014, 02:25 AM   #11
Cool As Ice Cream

nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:41 AM   #12
Trotskilicious
Banned

a certain very special someone

Old 08-27-2014, 03:01 AM   #13
Cool As Ice Cream

"special"

Old 08-27-2014, 03:33 AM   #14
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Does anybody else imagine the board burping after devouring a new poster?
A grimace coming out of netphoria's black background, fading in, smacking its lips, spitting out tiny pieces of lysergic and... no? Okay, just checking.

http://i.imgur.com/1kqSACQ.gif

Old 08-27-2014, 03:37 AM   #15
pavementtune

Old 08-27-2014, 03:38 AM   #16
Trotskilicious
Banned

WELL I MEAN THEY JUST MAKE IT SO EASY

Old 08-27-2014, 03:42 AM   #17
pavementtune

Ah damn, it wasn't rubber johnny, it's come to daaaaaddy
Burp

Old 08-27-2014, 04:31 AM   #18
Cool As Ice Cream

what's with people using this smiley?
it never ends well.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:14 AM   #19
Crystal_Chrome
Pledge

Quote:
i dunno...to me Billy seems like someone who might enjoy Aphex Twin's music. i know he does like electronica...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
BTW, I know Corgan likes Aphex. At a show during the Machina tour he played Aphenx Twin for an hour before the band came out. Stuff from I Care Because You Do and SAWII.
Really? Now that's interesting. For some reason I thought he'd hate most things electronic. Probably because he has said stuff along the lines of "Kids make all this horrible laptop music" or something but maybe he meant more recent stuff and not legends like Aphex Twin. Yet again if you think about it, Adore era production, Stigmata OST and his interest in modular synths/AEGEA reveal he's gotta be into more experimental electronic music which is cool.

Richard D. James is known to hate alternative rock, he doesn't even like Radiohead who have been influenced by him during their "Kid A/Amnesiac" era so I guess it's pretty safe to assume he doesn't own a Siamese Dream copy.
Although I think I've read he appreciates Deep Purple (I think he said Deep Purple) because "he likes breakbeats" and Pink Floyd because "he likes ambience" so maybe they do share some common ground with Corgan after all. Yet again he is a master troll so nobody can be sure. Oh well.

Maybe Kid606 can relate better:

http://endlessballs.com/wordpress/wp...11/10/cave.jpg

Old 08-27-2014, 01:35 PM   #20
Lysergic
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
what's with people using this smiley?
it never ends well.
:

c'mon motherfucker. i used to use this board as raindrops+sunshowers. my hair used to look like a big, dumb hot-air balloon. i also looked like a chick and wore sweaters for girls.

....but those storms have died, now. i'm still annoying, though.

anyway, i just assumed no one here would like aphex twin because the kids of netphoria don't like anything! (but at least this is the surviving pumpkins bbs...not BLAMO.ORG

Old 08-27-2014, 01:50 PM   #21
Lysergic
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
Does anybody else imagine the board burping after devouring a new poster?
A grimace coming out of netphoria's black background, fading in, smacking its lips, spitting out tiny pieces of lysergic and... no? Okay, just checking.

http://i.imgur.com/1kqSACQ.gif
anyone who spits out lysergic is no friend of mine.

i could give a rats ass, on that tip. this is a fucking message board. i will probably get banned at some point for not having enough time in my life to post 40,000 times.

before i do get banned, i'm gonna recommend you fuckers change the "amish rake fighter" to "N00b. Fire at will." or just "Target."

(at least i will still be able to come here to read all the extremely useful shit you motherfuckers talk about)

Last edited by Lysergic : 08-27-2014 at 02:00 PM.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:56 PM   #22
Lysergic
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
i still like how the op is like dudes have you ever heard of one of the most famous producers that has ever been, i mean it's super obscure nobody's ever heard of it except everybody you guys might not be into it
and i didn't say people hadn't heard of fucking aphex twin. i'm pretty sure most people know who he is...

Old 08-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #23
Lysergic
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Chrome View Post
Really? Now that's interesting. For some reason I thought he'd hate most things electronic. Probably because he has said stuff along the lines of "Kids make all this horrible laptop music" or something but maybe he meant more recent stuff and not legends like Aphex Twin. Yet again if you think about it, Adore era production, Stigmata OST and his interest in modular synths/AEGEA reveal he's gotta be into more experimental electronic music which is cool.

this is more my sentiment about Corgan's feelings toward electronica.

i'm pretty sure the "kids making music on laptops" statement was more about people like Skrillex.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:36 PM   #24
Elphenor
Braindead

I always thought Corgan loved and had an interest in creating music with heavy electronic elements just as much as he loved big guitars but the times were demanding grungey rock.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:19 PM   #25
noyen
Immortal

adore. his stupid solo stuff. the drum machines. rabbit in the moon remixes. etc. he's an asshole but not oblivious to "hip underground" stuff the kids will like.

richard james is awesome but this could all also all be a big trick and it might be a really shitty un-listenable album why he laughs all the way to the bank. people are already skeptical about him using digital samples and software synths on this one thinking a bunch of sheep will sell all their analog gear and start eating up software synths. hopefully i can find some cheap moog and other classic keyboards after it is released on the cheap.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:23 PM   #26
Trotskilicious
Banned

This shit is pretty mild, unsure from whence the butthurt came

Old 08-28-2014, 12:51 AM   #27
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
Is it even possible to program those unbelievably fast rushes on analog gear? Holy shit what a headache.
it's kinda what squarepusher did, inspired by remarc and plug and such...
probably tedious but it seems his work got even more tedious when he switched to digital.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:59 AM   #28
myosis
Minion of Satan

Old 08-28-2014, 01:10 AM   #29
myosis
Minion of Satan

Old 08-28-2014, 02:56 AM   #30
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
before i do get banned, i'm gonna recommend you fuckers change the "amish rake fighter" to "N00b. Fire at will." or just "Target."
Thanks for the tip. Fixing the margin problem was extremely mentally draining, but I'll get on to it as soon as I can.