Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2009, 04:54 PM   #61
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnibos View Post
i never promised to like zeitgeist and im sure jimmy didnt promise he'll do anything billy says
I didn't say you promised to like Zeitgeist, I said many people assumed it was gonna suck before it came out (which they did,) and as far as Jimmy goes, I have no love for the guy. He should have stuck with Billy in my opinion, because I still relish in the new music from the Zeitgeist era, thought it was fantasic and I'm thankfull they put together such a raw, creative collection of tunes. Jimmy was obviously a large part of the new material, and I don't understand why he would cast all of that aside over a Hyaundai commercial and attempts to inventively promote the band. Sure, some of Billy's ideas rubbed us the wrong way in the sense of profiteering, but it's hard for me to blame the man for coming up with new ideas when people are bashing his album as it's released and a great portion of the music community doesn't take the time to discover the many gems that lie within the Zeitgeist body of work.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:05 PM   #62
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristJesus View Post
"That is enough," the LORD said. "Do not speak to me anymore about this matter."

Deuteronomy 3:26
I guess it is only you, "the great imposter," who can impart your opinions onto the others of the flock. Once again, the irony is heavy in this room, as the album Zeitgeist, which was surely created in YOUR own image, is met with your disapproval. LOL!!

Old 05-30-2009, 10:48 PM   #63
asdfkly
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsp77 View Post
raw, creative collection of tunes...
??

Old 05-30-2009, 11:31 PM   #64
suncrashesdown
Apocalyptic Poster

I just don't get why Corgan wants to talk about the business side of things all the time. It seems vulgar. Just record some music. I really don't care how he gets it to us at this point. It seems desperate to constantly go on and on about "business models" and shit when really all we wanted to begin with was to hear him rock out again.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:46 PM   #65
rolmos
Apocalyptic Poster

WIthin the context of what we know Corgan is capable of writing: Zeitgeist is a big fat turd.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:23 AM   #66
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by suncrashesdown View Post
I just don't get why Corgan wants to talk about the business side of things all the time. It seems vulgar. Just record some music. I really don't care how he gets it to us at this point. It seems desperate to constantly go on and on about "business models" and shit when really all we wanted to begin with was to hear him rock out again.

I guess that's a good point. It's not like he's asking us for our opinions or ideas anymore. He's just constantly telling us a business model, and then two weeks later, telling us he decided to give up on it. The posts really don't have much value.

It'd be nice if he told us more about what he was recording.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:45 AM   #67
trev
charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
Does anyone know what he means by the term "concept album" btw?
with billy it usually means "i want to include more songs than can fit on one CD"

oh and:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC
So why am I getting involved? Because it's my life's work and I want this stuff purchasable. It's that simple.
fixed.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:31 AM   #68
Springbridge
Ownz

A Boxset would be so awesome.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:00 AM   #69
Shallowed
Braindead

Once someone decides to sue Billy, this whole thing will come full circle.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:56 AM   #70
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
"Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward which have murmured against me."

Numbers 14:29
You do realize you're not Jesus right, or God for that matter? You sir, will have to answer for your prostitution of the Lord for your own trivial gains at some juncture.

I can't believe I'm arguing with a guy that thinks he's the Lord.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:59 AM   #71
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

But doesn't every webstite/message board have to have the prototypical fucker with a God complex?

Old 05-31-2009, 12:51 PM   #72
asdfkly
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by
suncrashesdown

agreed

Last edited by asdfkly : 05-31-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:43 PM   #73
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
"From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!"

He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths."

2 Kings 2:23-24
Man, you've got that bible memorized don't you!! I think Billy does too, from the looks of his Twitter tweets!!