Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 04-17-2017, 09:25 PM   #2611
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Also watched Rogue One for a second time and liked it even better than the first time around. Nudged it from an 8/10 to a 9/10. Way more satisfying than The Force Awakens, by my measurement.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #2612
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Straight Outta Compton - 4/10

Managed to make the origin story of one of popular musics most incendiary groups boring AF, great job

Old 04-19-2017, 12:10 AM   #2613
LaBelle
Socialphobic

So I was reading more about blue is the warmest color and found out there's a scene they decided to delete from the film in which adèle's parents figure out emma is her gf and they throw her out!

Who decided to cut this from the film... wth.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:29 AM   #2614
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Taika Waititi has cast himself in his upcoming Marvel film, Thor: Ragnarok – and his character will have a Māori accent.

In other words, Waititi plans to work esoteric stereotypes into a movie that'll mostly be seen by people that'd struggle to point to New Zealand on a desk globe.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:39 AM   #2615
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Watch out for the Handmaiden labelle. that movie will fuck your mind! All sorts of twists and turns and retellings . its awesome!

Old 04-20-2017, 06:14 PM   #2616
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Taika Waititi has cast himself in his upcoming Marvel film, Thor: Ragnarok – and his character will have a Māori accent.

In other words, Waititi plans to work esoteric stereotypes into a movie that'll mostly be seen by people that'd struggle to point to New Zealand on a desk globe.
The fuck's a globe? lololol

Old 04-20-2017, 08:41 PM   #2617
buzzard
Minion of Satan

A mildly interactive ornament that went with liquid timers and pinscreens as every child's idea of solid interior design.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:58 PM   #2618
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 3/5
All told, it was an OK film. They kept trying too hard to make it funny, and it fell mostly flat.
Also, it's hard to get invested in anything since it seemingly doesn't connect to any other Marvel film, which is probably my favorite thing about them.

Old 04-29-2017, 01:11 PM   #2619
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

just watched Underworld: Blood Wars

i would do almost anything to look at Kate Beckinsale, especially dressed in leather and vinyl.

But this pushed it for me. Fight scenes are probably the worst of the 5 films in the series. CGI is maybe worse than the original film, which is 14 years old now.

The first film in the series was not bad. The problem with each subsequent installment is that they give Beckinsale less and less opportunity to act. She's on screen to pout and pose now. in this one all her motivation and emotion is show as flashback scenes from the previous films. And I suspect that they wasted some CGI budget on digitally de-aging her face. Lots of scenes where her face looks like a cartoon. Also, the male lead in the film is that guy from the last movie who's in the Insergent series, which he also ruins. He's not a believable "Underworld" style vampire.

this one is truly disappoint

Old 04-29-2017, 01:15 PM   #2620
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Yeah the Underworld movies turned into a trash fire.
I remember kinda enjoying Awakening for just how ridiculously over the top it was.

Old 04-29-2017, 01:22 PM   #2621
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Yeah the Underworld movies turned into a trash fire.
I remember kinda enjoying Awakening for just how ridiculously over the top it was.
true

Spoilers:

this last one constantly references her daughter. at one point someone says that "many wars will be fought over her..." That and the last shot of the film leaves the blatant impression that they're going to reboot the series with a younger Death Dealer female lead.

My guess is that the next Underworld Does just that and Selene's character is going to be completely off screen (like eve is in this one) or will make some kind of guest appearance, since the end of the film also sets up a situation where Selene becomes one of the 3 Vampire Elders who rule all vampires.

Also, Selene gains a new power that would basically make her almost unstoppable against anybody. She is able to teleport herself through space at will. IMO it's stupid and it's choreographed badly in the climax of the film.

There's also some issues with this one that are even worse than previous films. Vampires and Lycans want Selene's blood because it makes them powerful. So powerful that they can beat the shit out of her. So why doesn't it make her powerful enough so that she's able to just beat down these stupid fucks in the first scene. And why is it that she gets the shit kicked out of her by younger, less experienced vampires in scene after scene, then she's so fucking bad ass at the end that she just annihilates the toughest adversary in the film.

Last edited by MyOneAndOnly : 04-29-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Old 04-29-2017, 01:31 PM   #2622
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I would like to see an underworld TV series that is set up more like a Whedonesque tv show with Selene being a Buffy or Echo type character. There's a huge potential to depict Selene as a strong, wise hero with a burden of responsibility and a horrible set of personal conflicts.

Old 04-29-2017, 01:32 PM   #2623
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Joss Whedon is making a Bat Girl movie for DC so we'll have to settle for that, eh

Old 04-29-2017, 03:48 PM   #2624
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

I watched the first two Underworlds and then, about halfway through the prequel, it dawned on me that I didn't give a shit about any of it.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:39 PM   #2625
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Watched Prometheus for the 1st time in anticipation alien covenant

Didn't hate it

Old 04-30-2017, 12:24 PM   #2626
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

That's kind of my take on Prometheus as well.

Whatever it was lacking in plot and characters, it more than made up in the visuals department.

Old 04-30-2017, 12:24 PM   #2627
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Re-watched 2001: A Space Odyssey last night. God, what a perfect film.

Old 04-30-2017, 01:35 PM   #2628
TuralyonW3
Immortal

2 problems with Prometheus:

-the "running along the path of the circle instead of sideways" part everyone justifiably hates

-the main scientist dude just comes off as BRO to me (and I thought the same actor was great in THE INVITATION).

There are some incredible parts of the movie. It's very good and was almost great.

Old 04-30-2017, 03:27 PM   #2629
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

underworld was always just a flimsy excuse for a hot girl action flick i thought everyone knew that

Old 04-30-2017, 03:28 PM   #2630
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

i'm going to write expendables but for kate beckinsale & mila jovovich & scarjo

and charlizus is their leader

Old 04-30-2017, 06:02 PM   #2631
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

I always thought an Expendabelles with Jamie Lee Curtis, Sigourney Weaver, Daryl Hannah, Linda Hamilton etc. would be pretty badass. Hollywood, give me a call.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:05 PM   #2632
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

I watched the Christopher Reeve/made-for-TV version of Rear Window today. I knew it was going to be bad but I just had to. Super cringey.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:06 PM   #2633
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

4/10

Reeve earns points for being able to out-perform the other actors despite being paralyzed and barely able to speak.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:28 PM   #2634
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
2 problems with Prometheus:

-the "running along the path of the circle instead of sideways" part everyone justifiably hates

-the main scientist dude just comes off as BRO to me (and I thought the same actor was great in THE INVITATION).

There are some incredible parts of the movie. It's very good and was almost great.
i thought it was a good film. but other than some more info on the engineers, it didn't really do much. the new film looks like it's more of the same.

Old 05-06-2017, 05:15 AM   #2635
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

Eyes wide shut

Fan-fucking-Tastic

10/10

Old 05-06-2017, 06:20 AM   #2636
LaBelle
Socialphobic

The Nice Guys - 3/5

It was alright, unfortunately they really play up how dumb the characters are supposed to be and at a point it stops being funny and becomes annoying. Still it has it's good moments in spots.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:27 AM   #2637
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty sp View Post
Eyes wide shut

Fan-fucking-Tastic

10/10
Gets my vote for Kubrick's best.

Later today I will watch Princess Mononoke for the bazzillionth time. praise him!

Old 05-06-2017, 09:37 AM   #2638
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Wait, are you guys really that into Eyes Wide Shut? It's one of the few Kubrick films I've yet to see as it has a pretty dodgy rep. I actually have a copy of it. Maybe I'll finally take the plunge.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:45 AM   #2639
TuralyonW3
Immortal

It's great but "Kubrick's Best" is silly

Old 05-06-2017, 09:47 AM   #2640
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

I thought as much.

Like, I can see it being under-rated in a "Hey, this is nowhere near as bad as they say it is" but his "best"? Silly.