Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2017, 10:36 PM   #2371
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

argh cars always have the most magnificently spiteful sense of timing don't they

Old 07-10-2017, 10:38 PM   #2372
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
argh cars always have the most magnificently spiteful sense of timing don't they
seriously and I can't fuck around with it cause if the car dies I am F U C K E D. it's a 12 year old Ford with almost 150k on it

Old 07-10-2017, 10:39 PM   #2373
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i have no idea why but i ended up watching a 40 minute video of some guy laying out in detail his experiences of making his dream come true and going to work and live in Japan as a teacher, and getting completely stomped on mentally and financially. now he lives in China.

if i had tons of money tho that's still probably where i'd live. man, Japan.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:39 PM   #2374
redbreegull

also another guy at the shop quit today because of my boss. this is the third person who has been hired and has then quit because of her in the 1.5 years I have been there. and this place employs 5 people at a time.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:40 PM   #2375
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

rbg not that this would help at all, but what needs to be fixed?

Old 07-10-2017, 10:41 PM   #2376
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
rbg not that this would help at all, but what needs to be fixed?
I let my brake pads get worn all the way down because I just didn't have money to get them replaced a few months ago when the mechanic told me they were at the end of their time. I might need new front rotors too we will see

there is also another $800 worth of shit that needs to be done but it's not AS imperative and it is going to have to wait I guess

Old 07-10-2017, 10:42 PM   #2377
redbreegull

btw this guy's last words to me before he went upstairs and cursed my boss out and left were, "get out while you can"

Old 07-10-2017, 11:01 PM   #2378
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

she honestly sounds like the fucking worst

that's right i called her out

and so should you

Old 07-10-2017, 11:09 PM   #2379
redbreegull

yeah I've never had such a bad boss. she seriously has some significant mental issues which she takes out on the business and her employees and I'm pretty sure she is actually completely oblivious to it.

the business is a disaster, I'm not even sure how she has managed to keep it open this long... and all the problems are pretty much 100% of her own making. She is less able to take responsibility for anything than pretty much anyone I have ever met. Like if she is trying to tape something and she messes the tape up, she'll blame it on a "bad batch of tape from the factory."

Old 07-10-2017, 11:16 PM   #2380
Shallowed
Braindead

where do you work, rbg?

Old 07-10-2017, 11:32 PM   #2381
redbreegull

I work at a custom framing business and art gallery that caters to rich assholes.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:40 PM   #2382
fuzzyroes
Banned

How much do you get paid an hour man?

Old 07-10-2017, 11:45 PM   #2383
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
How much do you get paid an hour man?
$16

another thing that kills me about this job is that when I was first hired it was under the pretense of me being trained to do the complicated shit as well as the shit that only takes a few weeks to learn and get good at. And every few months, my boss will tell me she wants me to learn to do the higher level framing tasks so I can make more money and this and that, and she'll let me practice for a few days, and then just not let me continue, instead relegating me to impossibly stupid tasks like organizing and reorganizing the same shit over and over, or more often than not these days just running around her and all the other stupid dick douches who work there, cleaning up after them because everyone that works there is FUCKING RETARDED. and this has just gotten worse over time, like she seems to think she hired a servant

Old 07-10-2017, 11:49 PM   #2384
fuzzyroes
Banned

That's pretty solid man, more than me at least.

That does sound kinda lame though. Is your boss there most of the time with you?

That's the one dope thing about graveyards, there's literally no one breathing down my neck at all

Old 07-10-2017, 11:49 PM   #2385
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I get paid $20 an hour

Old 07-10-2017, 11:50 PM   #2386
redbreegull

I mean has anyone else ever had a boss who literally throws garbage on the ground all day? she left her trash from lunch in the stairwell a few weeks ago and I just left it there to see how long it would take her to clean up her own fucking mess. After like 8 days she was like who is leaving trash in the stairwell

there is a trash can right next to where she sits at the front counter, about 3 feet away from her. She throws paper balls at it all day and never gets them in, and then never picks them up. once a day I take the trash out because no one else will do it. So I take all the trashcans downstairs and empty them into the big garbage and take it to the dumpster. The whole process takes 5 minutes tops and I do this literally every day. Yesterday she freaked the fuck out at me because I took the trashcan away from the counter, the same as I have the last 600 god damn days. the rage burning inside was indescribable like WHY DONT YOU JUST THROW YOUR TRASH ON THE GROUND LIKE USUAL YOU STUPID FUCKING SHITSTAIN

Old 07-10-2017, 11:50 PM   #2387
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I'm just sharing. Not comparing

Old 07-10-2017, 11:51 PM   #2388
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

All bosses r insane. The power changes them

Old 07-10-2017, 11:51 PM   #2389
redbreegull

Quote:
That's pretty solid man, more than me at least.

That does sound kinda lame though. Is your boss there most of the time with you?

That's the one dope thing about graveyards, there's literally no one breathing down my neck at all
In a lot of places $16 isn't bad, but it's pretty shitty here in the DC area where cost of living is very high. a 1 bedroom in my area goes for about $1300. I'm just paying my mom for 1 room right now and it is still too much.

also my hours have just been whittled down over my time there and a few weeks ago she cut them way back so I am fucked

Old 07-11-2017, 12:01 AM   #2390
fuzzyroes
Banned

Hows many hours do you get on week on average?

Old 07-11-2017, 12:02 AM   #2391
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
I get paid $20 an hour
Man you guys are ballers. I only make 15. But I have been netting a consistent profit with sports betting which helps too.

I've actually been slaying MLS and CFL to start both of those leagues seasons.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:05 AM   #2392
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I don't work many hours to be fair

Old 07-11-2017, 12:07 AM   #2393
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
All bosses r insane. The power changes them
I've had some bad bosses, but never any horrible ones like this before. I figure all bosses are kind of assholes and incompetent, but working for this person is like slowly being psychologically tortured and degraded and ruined as a human over time. I don't even know how to really explain how horrible her behavior is, and she really doesn't see herself as the problem at all, which makes it worse. She'll treat you like shit and degrade you in a Professor Umbridge-like way, except it's not an act, she really sees herself as a sweet quirky old lady. Whenever I try to explain this place to people, they kind of shrug and are like well can't you just ignore it/all bosses suck or whatever. This is different. She is truly an abomination.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:07 AM   #2394
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I already spent about 8-9 total years working in and around public education and it totally burned me out
what jobs did you do in and around public education, and what burned you out?

Beginning teachers in TX get paid $53K

Old 07-11-2017, 12:10 AM   #2395
redbreegull

Quote:
Hows many hours do you get on week on average?
holy fuck dude the last 3 weeks she has been giving me 21 hours a week. my paycheck was 350 bucks, not even enough to cover rent or the work on my car (not enough for either I mean, both are more than that).

my anxiety has been in absolute overdrive so I sit and try to work on job shit for hours and hours and get nothing done. I'm going to see a psychiatrist next Monday but I feel like I'm just losing it.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:15 AM   #2396
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
what jobs did you do in and around public education, and what burned you out?

Beginning teachers in TX get paid $53K
wow that is a lot of money, I am surprised. beginning teachers in MD get paid something like 32k without master's degree and 40k with. But I can't even be a teacher because I don't have any kind of education degree. I put in a buttload of years at a before/aftercare/summer camp/tutoring place in high school and college which was run out of an elementary school and allowed me to get pretty familiar with the curriculum and shit. After college I was a paraprofessional/special ed "teacher" for 3 years which meant I was basically a teacher but got abused and paid like shit. I was saving to go back to school and get a higher degree in education, but after 3 years I was psychologically burned out, which I guess happens to a lot of people who work in schools. The truth is the job is 75% discipline and fighting combative students and parents.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:18 AM   #2397
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
wow that is a lot of money, I am surprised. beginning teachers in MD get paid something like 32k without master's degree and 40k with. But I can't even be a teacher because I don't have any kind of education degree. I put in a buttload of years at a before/aftercare/summer camp/tutoring place in high school and college which was run out of an elementary school and allowed me to get pretty familiar with the curriculum and shit. After college I was a paraprofessional/special ed "teacher" for 3 years which meant I was basically a teacher but got abused and paid like shit. I was saving to go back to school and get a higher degree in education, but after 3 years I was psychologically burned out, which I guess happens to a lot of people who work in schools. The truth is the job is 75% discipline and fighting combative students and parents.
You can easily get certified as a teacher through a quick alternative certification program. Having your own class would be a lot different than being a para.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:19 AM   #2398
redbreegull

sorry for the meltdown guys

I'm just melting down

Old 07-11-2017, 12:23 AM   #2399
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
You can easily get certified as a teacher through a quick alternative certification program. Having your own class would be a lot different than being a para.
The program I wanted to do was 1 year. I'm not sure what kind of money I could make as a student teacher in that year, but I would have to take out a 25k loan cause I killed my entire savings the year I went abroad and went crazy. It's not undoable but it's hard for me to commit to that after having an overall pretty negative experience actually working for the school system. I saw a lot of insane shit and I saw a whole bunch of 1st year teachers fail and leave teaching after spending all that money on a degree. So it does worry me.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:24 AM   #2400
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
sorry for the meltdown guys

I'm just melting down
you don't have to apologize, jobs are stressful. but you need to think really hard and honestly with yourself about what you want your career to be. doesn't sound like you know even what field you want to work in. You say you applied for some non-profits, that's cool, but is it something that could be long term? Also, I'd avoid marketing. Do a real job that interacts with people. Also avoid fundraising.