Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2018, 05:18 AM   #211
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

That's surprisingly well done, so much so for a split second (even though I've seen the original shot) my brain registered it as being real. It could be real. If you squint.

See the Bill Sr post got 11k likes? That must be a WPC record.

Love the pic of the two SD girls, but it wouldn't be an album cover unless the album was "SD 2" (which it won't be). Personally, I do prefer the brighter coloured album artwork rather than the black background type; I've always heard SP music as bright and sunny rather than dark (except for Adore, where the artwork is perfectly matched to the music).

Old 02-16-2018, 05:30 AM   #212
Glopaiswe
Pledge

The reaction on Facebook is honestly scary. 3/4 of the band's fanbase consist of Trump supporters and people who like making fun of D'arcy's old mugshot and calling her a crack whore

Old 02-16-2018, 06:03 AM   #213
Skradgee
Boardcaster

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
This forum is so full of hatred and envy. Its obvious that your president is trump. Whats wrong with u americans. When i was in the states 15 years ago i loved the people. They were relaxed and friendly. But, it seems that americans have changed into embittered people. Whats going on here is pure negativity, hatred and schadenfreude.
HEY!

I'm Spider-Man. You might not be an expert on Americans, but you do need to relax.

KA CHhhhhhhh.

Old 02-16-2018, 06:16 AM   #214
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
This forum is so full of hatred and envy. Its obvious that your president is trump. Whats wrong with u americans. When i was in the states 15 years ago i loved the people. They were relaxed and friendly. But, it seems that americans have changed into embittered people. Whats going on here is pure negativity, hatred and schadenfreude.
Heil Comrade!

Old 02-16-2018, 06:23 AM   #215
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Go to the comment section of fucking Huffington Post (or anywhere else) if you want to discuss politics and share your boring outrage.

This is Netphoria.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:49 AM   #216
slayed23
Ownz

Bernie Sanders guy here -

You would be surprised at the number of Trump POLICY supporters in the corporate setting. And then all those people that got refund checks that work at a corporate company...

Just because you support him doesn't make you racist. But if you are racist, you probably support him, lol.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:58 AM   #217
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Go to the comment section of fucking Huffington Post (or anywhere else) if you want to discuss politics and share your boring outrage.

This is Netphoria.
Yes, Netphoria, home of reasoned conversation and zero outrage...!

Seriously, absolutely fuck Corgan’s descent into boggle eyed conspiracy theories and praise of Cheetos Hitler, it’s vomit inducing

Old 02-16-2018, 10:10 AM   #218
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

I think the pictures based off The Simpsons should become the "Billy PLS" of this tour.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:21 AM   #219
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
https://instagram.com/p/BfPiyDLDE5d/

Would make a great album album cover if the music was half-way decent.
Yeah! It'd be good for a SD special edition...like an acoustic version of the album with James on it

Old 02-16-2018, 11:42 AM   #220
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
Yeah! It'd be good for a SD special edition...like an acoustic version of the album with James on it
That'd be a great idea and would sell well, with both versions of the record.

So of course... it won't happen.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:35 PM   #221
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

http://i67.tinypic.com/209pl6f.png

Old 02-16-2018, 12:48 PM   #222
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
this forums is pretty chilled out compared to 15 years ago
There were some insane trolls on Netphoria back then... people stalking me if I disagreed with them... lots of bullies and basement dwellers.

Trying to remember some of the trolls' handles. Creatures More Than Torn was one, right?

Old 02-16-2018, 12:52 PM   #223
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
I think putting James and Jeff together creates a great, past-meets-present kind of mix that MIGHT mean good things for the future
You see, I want the opposite. I don't want to see the "shredder" doing what he's been doing since 07'. I want to see the original 3. Not Jeff. He does nothing for me. If they can't have D'arcy then bring in a good notable bassist.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:52 PM   #224
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpee View Post
There were some insane trolls on Netphoria back then... people stalking me if I disagreed with them... lots of bullies and basement dwellers.

Trying to remember some of the trolls' handles. Creatures More Than Torn was one, right?
I remember that. that' shit was fucked up. I know I'm a jackass here but I'd never bother outside of this space... some people are animals with no self control// take things too far.

Old 02-16-2018, 01:02 PM   #225
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
Bernie Sanders guy here -

You would be surprised at the number of Trump POLICY supporters in the corporate setting. And then all those people that got refund checks that work at a corporate company...

Just because you support him doesn't make you racist. But if you are racist, you probably support him, lol.
Nah, they are still racist. No such thing as "socially liberal/fiscally conservative". If you support policies that increase inequality and disproportionately affect minorities, you are still a bigot, even if you get along with your minority coworkers.

Anyway, it's pretty telling how divided this fan community is, and how so many of the pro-pumpkin camp voices come from the alt-right, anti-PC brigade. It makes perfect sense too.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:58 PM   #226
vajohna
Ownz

I'd forgotten that Billy was on Alex Jones. Oh god.

Old 02-17-2018, 02:54 PM   #227
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Little Augie looking creepy with his grandpa. Little Bill feeling like Orpheus.

AJC with my father, Billy Dale Corgan. Though my Father and I have had our bumps and downs through the years, and as he pointed out to me yesterday, 'think of the stories I haven't told you', he remains the original inspiration for my life in music. And it's a shame that I don't have any evidence to demonstrate to you what an incredible musician he was in his prime, and how to this day his talent inspires awe and a sense of dignity in my heart; for music being a noble art, his respect for greatness in others made me want to live up to his high standards. Which might explain my long-standing scrum with the critical intelligentsia, for believe it or not, and their various condemnations aside, my Father's standards were always much higher than theirs. So it wasn't they in whom I wanted ultimate validation from, it was his. Which is why Bill Sr's blessing on the Orpheus-like return of the band means so much to little Bill.

Ein Beitrag geteilt von WilliamPatrickCorgan (@williampcorgan) am

williampcorgan
AJC with my father, Billy Dale Corgan. Though my Father and I have had our bumps and downs through the years, and as he pointed out to me yesterday, 'think of the stories I haven't told you', he remains the original inspiration for my life in music. And it's a shame that I don't have any evidence to demonstrate to you what an incredible musician he was in his prime, and how to this day his talent inspires awe and a sense of dignity in my heart; for music being a noble art, his respect for greatness in others made me want to live up to his high standards. Which might explain my long-standing scrum with the critical intelligentsia, for believe it or not, and their various condemnations aside, my Father's standards were always much higher than theirs. So it wasn't they in whom I wanted ultimate validation from, it was his. Which is why Bill Sr's blessing on the Orpheus-like return of the band means so much to little Bill.

Old 02-17-2018, 02:59 PM   #228
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Return of the groupies for Bill y and James too.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/86/83/97/8...7d16bacdce.jpg

Old 02-17-2018, 03:21 PM   #229
ilikeplanets
Braindead

"bumps and downs"

Old 02-17-2018, 03:22 PM   #230
ilikeplanets
Braindead

never any ups in a relationship with WPC, i guess

Old 02-17-2018, 03:25 PM   #231
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
williampcorgan
For music being a noble art.

For believe it or not.

NOT.

Also the critical intelligensia have way higher standards than his drug-dealing dad, who has no fucking musical legacy to speak of. D’arcy and Mike Byrne have achieved more. And critics didn’t condemn SP’s output when it was good, and they were supportive of Zwan and Oceania. The 3/5 MTAE reviews weren’t some sort of critical stand-off.

Corgan destroyed his own fanbase and pissed on critics when he turned on them for not liking his unpleasant production decisions and ‘trained’ singing voice. I mean if your music sounds shitty to your core, adoring fanbase, that’s a major fucking problem for a supposed arena touring AAA rock band.

He really is like Trump.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:02 PM   #232
slunken
Virgo

You have a Rick and Morty avatar

Old 02-17-2018, 04:06 PM   #233
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
You say that like it's a bad thing

Last edited by MarquisInSpades : 02-17-2018 at 04:22 PM.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:15 PM   #234
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

get to fuck marquisinspades

Old 02-17-2018, 04:25 PM   #235
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
I do. So fuck.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:26 PM   #236
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
get to fuck marquisinspades
what

Old 02-17-2018, 04:35 PM   #237
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I'd hit it.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:36 PM   #238
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

(Only after he turns 18 tho)

Old 02-17-2018, 09:05 PM   #239
Laundro
Pledge

B0lly is out of his fucking rocker if he thinks he'll manage to get some big sized crowds on those arenas. At best, he can hope for some ZG tour crowds, and even then that's unlikely to happen.

I'll be waiting for the eventual Craigslist postings searching for attractive models to fill some seats, like the Oceania dvd

Old 02-17-2018, 09:18 PM   #240
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

I dont understand why they didnt choose smaller venues like 4000 maximum. Thats going to be a disaster and billy spitting around on stage as usual