Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2018, 09:04 AM   #121
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Michael Jackson built a theme park for children on his property for fuck's sake.

I mean, literally...for fuck's sake.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:04 AM   #122
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonumentsRocks View Post
This forum really is your way of coping with things, isn't it?
Yes.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:22 AM   #123
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 Hour View Post
I don't think I'm going out on a limb here by saying that most people on this board have something of a love/hate relationship with SP. Most of us love the old stuff (like, obsessively), but we generally hate at least some (or maybe most) of the newer material and I think we almost ALL hate the kind of person Billy has become in the last 20 years.
nope, doesn't apply to me, neither with SP nor with any other band. Hate is pretty exhausting, I don't waste it on music. You should try it sometime.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:32 AM   #124
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
nope, doesn't apply to me, neither with SP nor with any other band. Hate is pretty exhausting, I don't waste it on music. You should try it sometime.
I don't understand what you mean
and I could really give a fuck

Old 12-05-2018, 09:41 AM   #125
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Pearl Jam - on board with everything up to Yield; from then on their albums have been pretty bad (with the exception of Backspacer). They need to up their game on their next album, get a better producer, change their drum sound, and get away from those short punk songs and do more grander, Ten-like songs.

U2 - Loved everything up to and including Pop, quite like All that you can't leave behind. Everything from then has been tosh. Willingly trying to make music to fill stadiums, rather than for the music's sake. They were quite inventive in the 90s, would love to see them return to that.

Kozelek - everything has been mentioned here already. I quite like the new stuff but I find I just listen to it the one time. Like reading a book or short story. That's what they are really, rather than just songs. My wish would be for him to start singing proper song lyrics with melodies again.

Evan Dando / Lemonheads - hasn't put out an album of original material since 2006. New album in 2019 is... more covers. I'm sure I'll get it, but I'd rather he released some of his own songs.

Air - Haven't released an album since 2009. And nothing has been that great since Talkie Walkie in 2004. They need to knuckle down and make some great music.

Bjork - I love Bjork, from Debut - Vespertine. Everything after that has been a slog. No memorable music and very difficult to listen to. The latest album sounded great but had no songs on it, nothing to grab on to. Saw her live last year and it was one of the most boring concerts I've ever been to. Just stick some beats on at least! :-)

Stone Roses - just announce the break up already. Or release an album. Do one thing.

Neil Young - too many albums, Neil. Can't keep up. And they aren't that good either.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:19 AM   #126
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale_princess View Post
I don't care that there's "no proof," I believe where there's smoke, there's fire in MJ's case. He was a zillionaire with all the hush money in the world.

Good for you. Not sure what the amount of men she slept with has to do with anything. I believe women.
That is the one lady you shouldn’t.

Her story has changed a dozen times and she keeps adding rockstars to her repertoire like it’s a fucking trophy

Old 12-05-2018, 10:24 AM   #127
fuzzyroes
Banned

Back to Billy Corgan for a moment, it trips me out that he cruises around in a jacked-out Hummer. You really gotta wonder what the guys like in real life to wanna be driving around in something like that.

Then you have a guy like Billie Joe Armstrong who cruises around in this lol:

https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/Lr...-green-day.jpg

Old 12-05-2018, 10:31 AM   #128
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
oh yeah John Lennon for me as well. He was a piece of shit in real life.
Oh look it's the "people are not allowed to redeem themselves" mindset. Cool

I hope you've never done anything shitty in your life.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:51 AM   #129
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I've never really loved any other band the way I love SP, so no.
This .

The only band for me that I've loved even remotely close to SP was Kill Hannah and they broke up before they went downhill to me.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:09 PM   #130
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

man kill hannah had some awesome songs. especially the really early stuff. i used to listen to the beauty in sinking ships when i was stoned during winter. so fucking trippy.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:23 PM   #131
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
Michael Jackson built a theme park for children on his property for fuck's sake.

I mean, literally...for fuck's sake.
IMO that's not evidence of being a pedo. How many other pedos can boast having done this? If anything, NOT having an amusement park/zoo in your back yard gives me more cause for suspicion, if you look at the statistics.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:41 PM   #132
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
man kill hannah had some awesome songs. especially the really early stuff. i used to listen to the beauty in sinking ships when i was stoned during winter. so fucking trippy.
have you heard of this band Boris though

Old 12-05-2018, 12:42 PM   #133
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
IMO that's not evidence of being a pedo. How many other pedos can boast having done this? If anything, NOT having an amusement park/zoo in your back yard gives me more cause for suspicion, if you look at the statistics.
wtf kind of stupid shit my head hurts after reading this

Old 12-05-2018, 12:44 PM   #134
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Angry

Dave Brubeck Quartet, am I right

I don't know if any of them were terrible people, I just find them immensely talented to a degree I cannot countenance

I mean have you heard the sax solo on "These Foolish Things"? Fuck Paul Desmond, that genius diamond man

Old 12-05-2018, 01:12 PM   #135
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
Pearl Jam - on board with everything up to Yield; from then on their albums have been pretty bad (with the exception of Backspacer). They need to up their game on their next album, get a better producer, change their drum sound, and get away from those short punk songs and do more grander, Ten-like songs.
I was thinking about Pearl Jam too, but it's not even so much that their new music is Eddie Vedder pretending that Pearl Jam was a successful 80's punk band, it's their overall pretentiousness. Eddie Vedder claiming he had trouble recording their second album because the weather in California was too nice. Eddie Vedder scrawling "pro choice" on his arm while performing a song. The righteous indignation over Ticketmaster not letting them sell $20 tickets. Eddie Vedder using the word "fuck" in place of commas. Being too good for music videos. Eddie Vedder's recent tendency to engage is incoherent, long winded banter with crowds. Speeding up the tempo of their songs, just so they can bust forty of them out in a single show. Jeff Ament only "trusting" certain producers with their precious music. Mike McCready's ability to play guitar somehow getting worse with each passing year. Matt Cameron, aka the demo button on a drum machine. Stone Gossard trying his hardest to look like a dad rocker since 1993. I was a crazed Pearl Jam fanatic back in the day, but now later one, they annoy me in more ways that I can count.

Old 12-05-2018, 01:16 PM   #136
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
wtf kind of stupid shit my head hurts after reading this
You know who else foregoes punctuation? Pedophiles.

Old 12-05-2018, 01:22 PM   #137
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

forego

Old 12-05-2018, 01:23 PM   #138
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
That is the one lady you shouldn’t.
cool, thanks for telling me who i should and shouldn't believe! I stand with women and victims always.

Old 12-05-2018, 01:31 PM   #139
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
forego
yes

also paedophiles

Old 12-05-2018, 01:32 PM   #140
FoolofaTook

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
have you heard of this band Boris though
no. why are they post-punk?

Old 12-05-2018, 02:20 PM   #141
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
cool, thanks for telling me who i should and shouldn't believe! I stand with women and victims always.
Pale Princess raped my wife.

She told me just now.

Fuck, man. Think you know a person.

Old 12-05-2018, 02:30 PM   #142
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Well I can speak as someone who works in the mental health field here. There are several categories of child sex offender one of which is a “fixated pedophile.” This would be someone who is exclusively attracted to children and developmentally seems to perceive themselves as being on the same level as a child. These offenders often work with children or have a strong interest in activities that children typically engage in. MJ kind of fits the profile of that category of offender to a T.

Old 12-05-2018, 02:32 PM   #143
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
Pale Princess raped my wife.

She told me just now.

Fuck, man. Think you know a person.
charming

Old 12-05-2018, 02:58 PM   #144
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Good for them. Wade Robson, however, did admit Jackson molested him years after defending him in the big trial.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...sed/108772406/
Yeah, I've always believed the allegations against Jackson. His relationships with children always seemed TOO close, and his quickie marriages to divert attention away from the accusations always seemed suspicious. I also don't understand why, in the age of Me Too, people just conveniently ignore the allegations against Jackson, because he's a legend or he's dead or whatever. I get that people don't want to believe that their heroes can be terrible people but it's much more important to believe survivors. On that note, I also want to know why Tupac (who was convicted of gang rape and served time for it) gets a pass from damn near everyone and why people seemed to just conveniently forget about all the allegations against director Bryan Singer.

Old 12-05-2018, 03:07 PM   #145
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
When I said "hate the kind of person Billy has become" what I meant what that I hate the way Billy behaves, treats others, etc. I don't mean that I literally hate him, if that makes sense.

Old 12-05-2018, 04:15 PM   #146
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
Oh look it's the "people are not allowed to redeem themselves" mindset. Cool

I hope you've never done anything shitty in your life.
I've never beat the shit out of my romantic partners, and psychologically tortured my wife and son tho

Old 12-05-2018, 04:21 PM   #147
redbreegull

Having said that, John Lennon is one of my favorite songwriters and his music has been important to me since I was about 3 years old. Like I said, I do believe he really tried to make amends and change in his later life. That doesn't mean his narrative gets totally rewritten. He behaved monstrously towards people. That doesn't go away because you sought redemption or whatever. But like the thread title says, love/hate relationship

I also personally don't totally buy McCartney's take on the band breaking up. Lennon had his own side to the story, and both of them have a scheming, tale-spinning element to their personalities. Bottom line is they both had huge egos and didn't want to work together anymore, and the band had already essentially folded anyway by the time they recorded Abbey Road

Old 12-05-2018, 04:24 PM   #148
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
charming
Well, almost as charming as calling Bowie, who did an absurd amount of good in his life a pedophile because a notorious roadie with a story that changes by the day and has no record of her even being a roadie of Bowie or even meeting him

Old 12-05-2018, 04:27 PM   #149
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

So you stand with women resolutely even in the instance that the allegations are false and they just made some shit up to destroy someones life and reputation? Just wondering

Old 12-05-2018, 04:31 PM   #150
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
So you stand with women resolutely even in the instance that the allegations are false and they just made some shit up to destroy someones life and reputation? Just wondering
ladies and gentlemen, Brett Kavanaugh