Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2014, 03:59 PM   #31
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

why are you even in this thread, go away. you just want to argue about nothing for no reason other than you can't stop yourself

Old 03-27-2014, 04:03 PM   #32
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
also I have been to Mark Kozelek shows, they usually attract a few hundred people at most and the ratio of men to women is maybe 10:1, plus they are all 40 years old because unlike Smashing Pumpkins, he has consistently put out amazing music for 25 years and not been a raging shit to his original fans.

nevertheless, no one fucking knows who this guy is. we do because we are into like SERIOUS INDIE MUSIC or whatever, but most people who like 90s music and alternative rock still don't know who the fuck he is. my estimate of .0000001% of the population being those individuals who would have sex with someone because they listened to mark kozelek is probably way too high.
10:1 ratio men to women? mkoz is fucking smooth with the ladies because he's vulnerable. i've met LOTS of women that are into him, were into RHP in high school. maybe people who "don't know who he is" haven't heard him yet. he doesn't do promo shit or tons of interviews or try to break into radio or sell out any stadiums. just listening to the guy has led into dozens of friendships and relationships. i mean, you just sound sad dude. something you shouldn't do and listen to mkoz. it's straight suicidal. nothing to be bitter about that whoeverthefuck doesn't know about the power of the mkoz. the dude is not lying when he says he's been around. his music makes DUDES cry. GUYS WITH BALLS. MEN. bawling their eyes out. i'd have to say that kind of raw makes men open their buttholes for other men and women. i mean, pegging your dude is a thing now. mkoz makes that happen.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #33
noyen
Immortal

dr. bongwater prescribes no mkoz for 2 weeks and weed all day erryday until 2 unlimited makes ya wanna dance on the ceiling.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:41 PM   #34
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

Benji turned out to be my favorite album of his. I like - but not love - some of the others, but I was never completely sold on him. This one is brilliant, though. The rambly style suits him.

Also, I've seen him a couple of times, and I didn't notice a huge gender imbalance. The most dude-centric shows I've been to were probably by bands like My Bloody Valentine and Slint.