Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2020, 09:23 PM   #31
BurtSampson
Apocalyptic Poster

According to the Adore Liner Notes, Apples and Oranjes was the first song for Adore

"Appels + Oranjes" has the distinction of being the first song written for Adore, demoed out during a session with Matt Walker, as other music was being put together for what became the Ransom Soundtrack."

But that doesn't seem right. The Streeterville demo which is what I assume he's referring to is in 1997 and Blissed and Gone and To Shiela were before that.

Last edited by BurtSampson : 06-24-2020 at 09:30 PM.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:26 AM   #32
myosis
Minion of Satan

so apparently they recorded a bunch of adore songs in July 96, but as a trio, so without Matt Walker. but I don't think anyone has heard that demo? Surely they also used that time to actually rehearse with Matt Walker for the tour...

then Corgan says he wrote Appels first and demoed it during Ransom soundtrack sessions. Were those in July as well? It could not have been prior, but could have been in August.

So I guess it should be understood, if we take the word from the mouth of the horse, that it might have been written some time before it was demoed out. It's simply not specified when.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:36 AM   #33
myosis
Minion of Satan

i'm also not sure when he had time to stop in Poland during April 96... even though he was touring in adjacent countries, the tour schedule seems pretty busy. but he was in Poland in July 97.

what is the source on that 10-demo Chicago studio thing in July 96? It is on spfc but I had never heard of it.

Old 06-25-2020, 11:26 AM   #34
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtSampson View Post
According to the Adore Liner Notes, Apples and Oranjes was the first song for Adore

"Appels + Oranjes" has the distinction of being the first song written for Adore, demoed out during a session with Matt Walker, as other music was being put together for what became the Ransom Soundtrack."

But that doesn't seem right. The Streeterville demo which is what I assume he's referring to is in 1997 and Blissed and Gone and To Shiela were before that.
https://smashing-pumpkins-recording-...%93_Chung_King

Old 06-25-2020, 11:30 AM   #35
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
i'm also not sure when he had time to stop in Poland during April 96... even though he was touring in adjacent countries, the tour schedule seems pretty busy. but he was in Poland in July 97.

what is the source on that 10-demo Chicago studio thing in July 96? It is on spfc but I had never heard of it.
https://smashing-pumpkins-recording-...Chicago_studio

Why is this July? Because Jimmy's final show was 7/10/96 and Matt Walker's first show was 8/23/96. So that's the only period of time this sessions could have taken place.