Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 11-22-2017, 10:33 PM   #91
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
What were the physiological traits found in serial killers, specifically?
You always try and goad me in these long debates. I'm not interested in spending an hour typing a huge essay like Disco King for a few people who will skim through it and still find some reason to ridicule it.

Not gonna happen man. Times too precious.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:36 PM   #92
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
dude. just stop making shit up. this is not true. the only reason this could even seem correct to you is because your education level is so low.
If my education level is so low, why am I living a much more independent life than you? Here I am living life like an adult meanwhile you're living the existence of a child... Unable to flee from the nest, still relying on mommy to provide for you. For someone who's supposedly superior intellectually, I'd sure expect a lot more from you in life than what you're displaying

My guess is you're not nearly as bright as you appear to be in your own mind. You're delusional, pal.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:44 PM   #93
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Manson didn't exhibit the same physiological traits that are found in other serial killers. That is a fact and not me "making shit up". Hell, the situation itself is even completely different from the typical serial killer. Manson had a motive, as twisted and delusional as it may have been.
fuzzy go fuck yourself you dumbshit racist dickmunch. this entire post is literally just spewing more bullshit

Old 11-22-2017, 10:46 PM   #94
redbreegull

Quote:
If my education level is so low, why am I living a much more independent life than you? Here I am living life like an adult meanwhile you're living the existence of a child... Unable to flee from the nest, still relying on mommy to provide for you. For someone who's supposedly superior intellectually, I'd sure expect a lot more from you in life than what you're displaying

My guess is you're not nearly as bright as you appear to be in your own mind. You're delusional, pal.
red herring and flawed reasoning on multiple levels.

I'm doing quite ok for myself atm thanks. have you stopped drinking yet? have you stopped being a racist trump supporter who stumbles and bullshits his way through life like an mentally impaired drunk circus clown?

Old 11-22-2017, 10:52 PM   #95
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
You always try and goad me in these long debates. I'm not interested in spending an hour typing a huge essay like Disco King for a few people who will skim through it and still find some reason to ridicule it.

Not gonna happen man. Times too precious.
I've asked you a simple question in response to a claim you'd repeated in the post immediately prior to it.

The fact that you're unwilling to back your claims with any form of information whatsoever says a lot more about your intellectual integrity than it does your busy schedule. If you're going to assert these so-called facts, please understand that the onus is on you to support them or else your words are meaningless.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:52 PM   #96
fuzzyroes
Banned

I've got my drinking under control. I only drink like twice a week, and when I do I set a limit. I was out of control for a long time, but I had the intelligence to nip it in the bud without having to abstain completely. And I never do drugs anymore. Maybe only like a line or 2 once every 6 months.

How one succeeds in life is a direct reflection of ones intellect and you appear to be struggling mightily. I can certainly emphasize with your struggle, but you should get off your high-horse man.

It's worth noting that I've never taken any mind altering pharmaceuticals and that I've overcome and dealt with all emotional problems with hard-work. That takes a level of intelligence in its own right.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:55 PM   #97
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I've asked you a simple question in response to a claim you'd repeated in the post immediately prior to it.

The fact that you're unwilling to back your claims with any form of information whatsoever says a lot more about your intellectual integrity than it does your busy schedule. If you're going to assert these so-called facts, please understand that the onus is on you to support them or else your words are meaningless.
Manson didn't exhibit any of the same tendencies or characteristics of the very long list of documented serial killers. It's a fact. It's common sense. I'm not gonna spend a shitload of time to vindicate a point that everyone already knows is true as to prove some sort of perceived righteousness.

It's not important to me. It's more effort than I feel it's worth.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:59 PM   #98
fuzzyroes
Banned

I'd also say that there isn't much of a difference from taking a powerful big-pharma issued narcotic to deal with emotional problems than there is drinking to relax. Anti-depressants and other mood altering drugs are an easy way out and once you take em for years you'll never be able to stop. The pharmaceutical industry realizes this. It's like any other drug dealer, once you're hooked, you're a likely customer for life.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:59 PM   #99
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Take, for example, the false dilemma you've presented in implying that you can either spend "an hour typing a huge essay like Disco King for a few people who will skim through it and still find some reason to ridicule it / a shitload of time" or else refuse to respond in any meaningful way at all.

In ignoring the perfectly valid option of quickly summarizing what you're referring to as physiological traits found in serial killers, you have failed to present a valid argument and fail to assert your point.

P.S. I'm not convinced you know what "physiological" means.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:05 PM   #100
fuzzyroes
Banned

What I'm saying is common sense. Why should I waste my time acting like an arm-chair psychologist like Reprise? To achieve some sort of self perceived righteousness? That shit doesn't matter to me.

What you guys don't understand is that I'm a student of Buddhism. I try to live without an ego. I have "no points to gain".

Old 11-22-2017, 11:08 PM   #101
buzzard
Minion of Satan

physiology

1 : a branch of biology that deals with the functions and activities of life or of living matter (such as organs, tissues, or cells) and of the physical and chemical phenomena involved
2 : the organic processes and phenomena of an organism or any of its parts or of a particular bodily process

You're claiming that Manson is biologically distinct from serial killers that have been found to share physical similarities. Is that what you really meant?

Old 11-22-2017, 11:09 PM   #102
fuzzyroes
Banned

Let my clarify that I think psychotropic drugs are a necessary means in people with schizophrenia or psychosis or any other serious mental illness. I simply think it's unproductive route to take for depression.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:13 PM   #103
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
What I'm saying is common sense.
Appeal to Common Sense is a logical fallacy unto itself, fuzzy. You're assuming the very conclusion that's being brought into question.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:16 PM   #104
fuzzyroes
Banned

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...charles-manson

Here man, here' a simple yet informative piece from psychology today. A great publication. It's black and white so it should help you understand the point I've been trying to make.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:17 PM   #105
fuzzyroes
Banned

Reprise, you should read it too.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:18 PM   #106
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Would you please copy and paste the part that refers to physiological traits?

Old 11-22-2017, 11:18 PM   #107
fuzzyroes
Banned

Of all the psychological experts here, I haven't seen anyone emphasize the "cooling down" period which is crucial in determining a serial killer.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:22 PM   #108
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Are we talking about psychology or physiology? Physiological psychology?

It's important to make sure we're on the same page, here.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:29 PM   #109
redbreegull

god damnit fuzzy you are so fucking stupid it's intolerable

Old 11-22-2017, 11:40 PM   #110
fuzzyroes
Banned

Says the guy who doesn't have the intellectual capacity to even live on his own

Old 11-22-2017, 11:41 PM   #111
fuzzyroes
Banned

You're a grown man. What do you do if you meet a woman one night? Bring her on home to mommys house?

Old 11-22-2017, 11:59 PM   #112
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Is living alone really a better indication of intelligence than knowing what words in your native language mean?

Old 11-23-2017, 12:05 AM   #113
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Manson didn't exhibit the same physiological traits that are found in other serial killers. That is a fact and not me "making shit up". Hell, the situation itself is even completely different from the typical serial killer. Manson had a motive, as twisted and delusional as it may have been.
do you mean psychological traits? that may or may not be true but you saying 'physiological' is ridiculous because i am absolutely sure you do not know this because no one does

Quote:
Evil is anyone who enjoys causing harm to a living thing for no or irrational reasons.

A lot of humans are just shitty people. It doesn't have to be a result of some scientific explanation.
the reason scientific explanations are important is to be able to identify this behavior before it escalates and/or change it once it's begun. calling them just evil/shitty without explanation is assigning them some kind of different/outsider persona that guarantees we will never be able to fix/help them. they are humans just like you and me.

Old 11-23-2017, 12:09 AM   #114
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
I'd also say that there isn't much of a difference from taking a powerful big-pharma issued narcotic to deal with emotional problems than there is drinking to relax. Anti-depressants and other mood altering drugs are an easy way out and once you take em for years you'll never be able to stop. The pharmaceutical industry realizes this. It's like any other drug dealer, once you're hooked, you're a likely customer for life.
this is insulting and ridiculous. antidepressants are not narcotics. i'm glad your life has become a shining ray despite earlier severe depression but you should consider that plenty of people take their SSRI and live a normal life and it is not different than taking something for asthma or an autoimmune disease or any other problem

Old 11-23-2017, 12:10 AM   #115
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...charles-manson

Here man, here' a simple yet informative piece from psychology today. A great publication. It's black and white so it should help you understand the point I've been trying to make.
Quote:
Reprise, you should read it too.
I never said and don't believe Manson was a serial killer. He was a murderer, because he ordered and was directly responsible for murders. Also kindly stop condescending to me.

Last edited by reprise85 : 11-23-2017 at 12:17 AM.

Old 11-23-2017, 12:13 AM   #116
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Are we talking about psychology or physiology? Physiological psychology?

It's important to make sure we're on the same page, here.
clearly he doesn't know the difference between psychological and physiological, just like he didnt know the difference between 'charged with' and 'committed with his own hands'

Old 11-23-2017, 12:21 AM   #117
redbreegull

Quote:
You're a grown man. What do you do if you meet a woman one night? Bring her on home to mommys house?
my dating life is pretty active recently, thanks for asking hbu

Old 11-23-2017, 12:34 AM   #118
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
this is insulting and ridiculous. antidepressants are not narcotics. i'm glad your life has become a shining ray despite earlier severe depression but you should consider that plenty of people take their SSRI and live a normal life and it is not different than taking something for asthma or an autoimmune disease or any other problem
It's addictive and habit forming. Most of the people who start popping anti-depressants will never be able to stop in life. It's heavy duty shit. But these doctors are idiots. Just look at the opiate epidemic. Most of that is a result of these quack doctors.

Trust me, I'd do anything I possibly could before having to rely on anti-depressants. Avoid big-pharma at all costs unless it's a matter of life or death.

Old 11-23-2017, 12:35 AM   #119
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
my dating life is pretty active recently, thanks for asking hbu
Had a rad one night stand a few months ago. Felt pretty good to break my dry-spell. Mostly just working on myself before I form a committed relationship though

Old 11-23-2017, 12:39 AM   #120
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
clearly he doesn't know the difference between psychological and physiological, just like he didnt know the difference between 'charged with' and 'committed with his own hands'
I have this spell correct app thing on my web browser. It was simply a typo Reprise. But thanks for coming out