Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2019, 08:30 AM   #31
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate
Talking

Butch Vig should produce the next 3eb album.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:43 AM   #32
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Talking

Old 01-09-2019, 08:50 AM   #33
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Well, that and the return of D'arcy but I'm not betting on that happening.
You guys really still think that that would change anything about the sp in the world of music?

Please accept it that they are still here but neither the music industry, radio stations nor fans give a shit about them.

U guys dont have any arguments ha? Cause jim or jamez were disappointing in shiny?
It s all bolzi- and i bet thatvol2 will never see the light of day or contains more dry metallic guitars with synths and belly up front.

I lost all hope after shiny and sold zeitgeist oceania and monuments on ebay.

Let it go. I give a shit about them and it feels good

Old 01-09-2019, 08:55 AM   #34
FoolofaTook

is dat u monty?

Old 01-09-2019, 10:17 AM   #35
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Giving shits sure does feel good.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:17 AM   #36
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Also, super shocked that people are buying Zeitgeist on eBay in 2019.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:24 AM   #37
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

He should just continue to play nostalgia tours and release shit new music nobody cares about IMO

Old 01-09-2019, 10:30 AM   #38
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 01-09-2019, 11:25 AM   #39
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Both Billy and Butch talked about a working together again. Burch says it would be great, and he's up for it. Billy says the same, but believes Butch is afraid of the intensity that it is to produce a pumpkins album.

Flood was supposed to come back to work on the Machina reissue, but, even though he would like to be involved, he doesn't want to change the original production, which seems to be what Billy is going for.

Old 01-09-2019, 12:10 PM   #40
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Maybe Billy should just go do some WPC shit & let Gaz Coombes join the Pumpkins instead

Old 01-09-2019, 12:10 PM   #41
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

this is my DREAM tell me yours

Old 01-09-2019, 01:39 PM   #42
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
Both Billy and Butch talked about a working together again. Burch says it would be great, and he's up for it.
I assume this is the same sort of bullshit actors graciously say on the red carpet about working with x director or actor again, and that, faced with an actual contract for working on a new SP album, Butch would dive headfirst into the closest meat grinder

Mals this counts as my dream, too

Old 01-09-2019, 01:43 PM   #43
FoolofaTook

burch lol

Old 01-09-2019, 03:35 PM   #44
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
I assume this is the same sort of bullshit actors graciously say on the red carpet about working with x director or actor again, and that, faced with an actual contract for working on a new SP album, Butch would dive headfirst into the closest meat grinder

Mals this counts as my dream, too
what, Gaz Pumpkins or the meat grinder fiasco? if it's the second one, i'd truly like (& fear) to know why you wish such horrors on Butchard!

Old 01-09-2019, 03:36 PM   #45
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
D'Arcy is never coming back. Give it up, people.
I agree except....with Billy never say never. It wasn’t too long ago that James was an unhealthy horrible person Billy never wanted to speak with again. And it wasn’t too long ago that Jimmy was banished to life in a white van by the b0llster.

Billy just isn’t a very reliable, consistent reporter on his life and career and future and relationships. He’s a nutbar.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:37 PM   #46
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
I agree except....with Billy never say never. It wasn’t too long ago that James was an unhealthy horrible person Billy never wanted to speak with again. And it wasn’t too long ago that Jimmy was banished to life in a white van by the b0llster.
eggs

act

a lee

Old 01-09-2019, 03:40 PM   #47
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
D'Arcy is never coming back. Give it up, people.
I mean I agree with you, but Billy's been saying that shit since 1996.

Jimmy will never come back. We're not even in contact with him. - paraphrase from MTV interview before the 96 VMAs.

James is a piece of shit.

Go ride around in a white van...

etc

Old 01-10-2019, 03:30 PM   #48
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
He's 63 (I'm guessing that was a joke).

BC going back to Vig would essentially be BC admitting the failure of everything he's tried to do since the band came back together. The Shiny tour was the first step, so it would be interesting to see if a) Vig would ever do an album with him again and b) he'd get D'arcy back to really hammer it home.

My guess is that he wouldn't.
Nah, Butch lives the rock n' roll lifestyle so hard that he ages a decade in one year.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:22 PM   #49
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I mean I agree with you, but Billy's been saying that shit since 1996.

Jimmy will never come back. We're not even in contact with him. - paraphrase from MTV interview before the 96 VMAs.

James is a piece of shit.

Go ride around in a white van...

etc
But James was still a professional recording and touring musician when BC re-hired him. The thing that gets ignored in the D'arcy narrative is that she has been out of the game for too long and isn't in the best shape mentally blah blah blah.

I realize there's other elements to this, but I believe that even if Billy wanted to hire her back, she wouldn't be able to cut it. And with all that's happened, there's no way they'll ever try again. I don't think this reunion has been much of a comeback, but more like a half-hearted, modestly successful cash-in. James and Jimmy gotta boost those 401ks. The days of this band actually functioning in any meaningful way are long behind us.

Old 01-20-2019, 01:04 AM   #50
aztec litany service
Apocalyptic Poster

Supergrass were (are?) awesome
Eh tried to quote post and it didn’t work
Fuckin cell phones I’m too old

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:57 AM   #51
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

damn dude

get well soon

and no, the grass are no more, unfortunately

Old 01-21-2019, 10:17 AM   #52
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Sp can hire any producer. As long as the mix and the effects are chosen like in the past, besides billy writing dadrock songs, they wont be successful or get radio rotation

Old 01-21-2019, 10:21 AM   #53
fuzzyroes
Banned

I dunno. It's weird. I wonder where the group goes next. They had this massive successful reunion tour and had regained a bunch of momentum and then they put out a new record and it flops miserably. It's gotta put the guys in a weird position.

I bet they were hoping that they could parlay the renewed interest in the group in order to get people on board with the new music, but it just didn't work. I assume the next card they'll play is an album themed tour, cause they can't just return to the same markets doing the same hits thing. They'll have to have a different angle. I imagine something like this: 2020! The 25th anniversary of Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, The Tour!

Old 01-21-2019, 10:24 AM   #54
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Billy needs to either just give in entirely to his "pop urges" and make a full-on pop record like Beck's new one, or cut the crap & RAWK/actually do his thing for an album. no more of this one foot in one foot out M.O.R. shit resulting from him wanting the best of both worlds

Old 01-21-2019, 10:25 AM   #55
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

and for the love of god get anyone but Rick Rubin on board. hey, maybe even someone who'll do more than just suck old bill-balls off for the entirety of the sessions!

Old 01-21-2019, 10:28 AM   #56
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
and for the love of god get anyone but Rick Rubin on board. hey, maybe even someone who'll do more than just suck old bill-balls off for the entirety of the sessions!
I'm telling ya brother, working with Butch Vig would garner a ton of buzz online. I can't believe it hasn't happened already, makes too much sense... Unless Vig simply won't work with him again which is certainly a possibility.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:37 AM   #57
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

The dynamic they talked about having on those first two records would be interesting to hear again, though I'm not sure even Vig would tell Bill to "cut the crap" vocally and just sort of do his thing

also, i remember reading somewhere that in those days, Billy was the one telling Butch to make the guitars louder than the vocals

so, you know. times have changed

Old 01-21-2019, 10:38 AM   #58
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

with the combined powers of modern bill & old-school butch we may damn-well get an acapella record out of that!

Old 01-21-2019, 11:25 AM   #59
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

[quote=fuzzyroes;4495083]I dunno. It's weird. I wonder where the group goes next. They had this massive successful reunion tour and had regained a bunch of momentum and then they put out a new record and it flops miserably. It's gotta put the guys in a weird position.

Reunion was a success maybe in Usa.
Nobody gave a fuck anywhere else in the world.

Putting out some monuments outtakes and hoping that it would blow people's mind is stupid.

Whatever he will do he is gonna fail. Even the hardcore fanbase ran away partly.
Who else if not fans should support them?
I am out. No hope no future for me. Had hoped for too long. But one disappointment after another

Old 01-21-2019, 12:03 PM   #60
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Funny how billzi attacked and treated deerhunter like they are nada.

But deerhunter make solid albums that get praised by listeners and critics. More than 80/10 almost everywhere

Poor billy