Since Apart is still here...
ohhh an ugly blamo cunt. how adorable. still getting fucked over? lol

Old 10-17-2002, 05:13 PM   #32
mirrar
Braindead

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Apart

until now you showed only mild stupidity, and were simply known as just another ugly bitch here.

but now that you've proven yourself royally stupid and ignorant, you are worthy of one thread of sad..yet truthful insults from me. congratulations.
*high five*

Old 10-17-2002, 05:16 PM   #33
BlueStar
Newly independent

Quote:
Originally posted by Graveflower
I figure it's as selfish to want to "keep" someone who is obviously in a lot of pain as it is for that person to kill themselves. Yeah, it's a real easy way out, too. What a load of crap. People don't just go "gee I think I'll shoot myself in the head" and do it, it's not an easy decision.
Exactly.

Generally the most common thing heard regarding someone who has committed suicide is "I had no clue, never saw it coming." By telling you she is thinking about committing suicide, she is reaching out to you and seeking help. The best thing is probably to try and convince her to see a psychiatrist.

Has she ever been depressed before? Is she a "cutter" or was that time on the phone the first time she has done that? (If she is a "cutter", cutting oneself usually has nothing to do with suicide/there is no intent for it to lead to suicide.)

Threats of suicide don't come out of nowhere...something has been going on with her and it has been going on for awhile.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-17-2002, 05:20 PM   #34
spa ced
Braindead

Quote:

ohhh an ugly blamo cunt. how adorable. still getting fucked over? lol
I don't go to Siva you dumbfuck.

Old 10-17-2002, 05:26 PM   #35
Apart
Apocalyptic Poster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by sp_aced

I'm a dumbfuck.

Old 10-17-2002, 05:30 PM   #36
spa ced
Braindead

Quote:
I feel sorry for you.
I really do.

Old 10-17-2002, 06:27 PM   #37
Apart
Apocalyptic Poster

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by sp_aced

I feel sorry for you.
I really do.
wow, you must care then! fuckin loser. heh.

whatever helps your ego!

Old 10-17-2002, 09:39 PM   #38
cozmic
Pledge

Quote:
Originally posted by killtheyouth

you're obviously completely ignorant of the suicidal mind. not only that, but it's retarded to suggest that suicidal people not tell anyone. do you have any idea how many suicidal people HAVE told someone and gotten help? the actual percentage of suicidal people that make a real attempt isnt that high, and the success rate of attempts isnt that high. so maybe they should just ALL shut up and off themselves? i bet some of your friends have gotten help by telling someone and you dont even know it.

go take a psych course.
I don't believe I am ignorant of the suicidal mind. I spent many of my adolescent years becoming personally acquainted with it. I form my opinions from experience. And I did not suggest that someone who is suicidal should not talk with anyone. I was referring to the manner in which his friend has burdened him with her possible suicide. She should be directed to confide in a professional counselor/psychiatrist... someone who is trained to deal with an issue that sensitive in nature. If you were to counsel a suicidal friend alone without involving a professional and she killed herself, you would have to feel rather nescient.

And I suppose I tend to ground my feelings from an existentialist's point of view... I feel that we are responsibile for the consequences of our own actions. If someone wishes to end their life that badly... that is their wish. It seems rather selfish that, in most cases, our only reason for interjection is to prevent our own loss and sadness.

Also, I don't believe someone is ignorant simply because they have feelings that conflict with the views of others... yet that tends to be a belief that has always been rampantly common on netphoria...

(By the way, I have taken several psychology courses while in college. I performed quite well in them.)

Old 10-18-2002, 01:38 AM   #39
gish1991
Amish Rake Fighter

Smile Thank You

Thank You so much all who responded to the original subject. Your posts are geratly appreciated and exactly what I was hopin for, especially from people that actually work(ed) in a situation like that.

A little update : things are slightly better. The wrist wounds weren't that bad and are healing and she has some family support, mostly her little sister. But the bad news is that her pet died earlier today throw some more needles on that camel's back already!!! Jeez! Her only in-house companion is now gone so it won't be easier, but at least she is somewhat stable at the moment and I think I am making a difference, but I think I will still call one of those hotlines for any additional advice.

Again, I thank those of you who offered up some great advice, I really needed it.