Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2006, 09:56 PM   #1
pink_ribbon_scars
At the beginning

Default help needed with a hypothetical dating question

okay, imagine this:

i have this friend i've known forever who i talked to recently and there was a situation that he brought up that i want imput on. thanks in advance for any thought that you put into this.

my friend is asleep in his apartment where he lives alone. at 2:30AM he wakes up because he thinks he hears someone knocking on his door. but he doesn't hear any more knocks, so he doesn't get up. the next day he visits his neighbors to see if they knocked on his door, i don't really know why, maybe just because he's a gentleman or maybe he wanted to see if he could talk to some cute neighborladies. anyway, none of them admit to knocking, and he tells them all that if there ever is a situation where they do need help, they are more than welcome to come knocking, but to keep knocking until he answers. anyway, during this visiting of the neighbors, he meets a cute lady who is only in the building because she is apartment-watching for a week for his neighbor. they have a good 10 minute conversation about this and that, and he goes home.

what's the best way to take this to the next level? do you just get some fucking balls and knock again and say you've been wondering if she wants to go get a drink or some coffee, or something? i guess you could wait for the real neighbor to get home, and then mention that you met his cute friend and see how he reacts, and if it's good, get her # through him.

i'm curious because i don't even know as a woman what i would want. this guy is cute and is a gentleman but is a little awkward around the ladies. have you ever been in a similar situation where someone actually acted on a chance encounter like this, and did it result in a date?

thanks, yo.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:00 PM   #2
Travis Meeks
Rambling on

you're a lesbian

Old 03-22-2006, 10:01 PM   #3
bardy
Immortal

he could stalk her and see when she leaves her apartment. then he could casually bump into her and say "oh! you should come up to my apartment some time for some coffee!" or mention this great movie he rented and tell her that she should come watch it with him.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:03 PM   #4
souvenir
Apocalyptic Poster

I'd go back and ask her, if I was a cute gentleman.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:05 PM   #5
bardy
Immortal

yeah maybe thats better than the stalking thing

Old 03-22-2006, 10:09 PM   #6
Karl Connor
ADMlNISTRATOR

i would go up to her, take off my shirt and be like "yah girl. what it do"

nah ... i dunno. i've been in that situation alot. most of the time i'll just let it go. the only way i can come around to asking a girl to go out with me is if i see her on a semi regular basis, like at work or at school. he should've just asked her out during the convo. he could purposefully 'run into her' again if he musters the courage to ask her out.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:21 PM   #7
BlueStar
Newly independent

He should go to the apartment where she is playing apartment-watcher, knock on the door, and ask her for a cup of sugar or milk or something. Then causally mention that he needs it for these brownies or cupcakes or whatever and then, as if he just thought of it, invite her over to help him make them and eat them.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:22 PM   #8
Karl Connor
ADMlNISTRATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStar
He should go to the apartment where she is playing apartment-watcher, knock on the door, and ask her for a cup of sugar or milk or something. Then causally mention that he needs it for these brownies or cupcakes or whatever and then, as if he just thought of it, invite her over to help him make them and eat them.
lol.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:23 PM   #9
Travis Meeks
Rambling on

he should go rape the bitch and then slam her face into a nearby pile of shit

Old 03-22-2006, 10:23 PM   #10
benjamin619
Apocalyptic Poster

Arrow Oh God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_ribbon_scars
have you ever been in a similar situation where someone actually acted on a chance encounter like this, and did it result in a date?
I've been in that situation. It's how I operate. I was walking up a flight of stairs once, and I saw the most gorgeous woman. It was otherwordly; her eyes were green, her hair was flowing back behind her, she was descending towards me, and best yet... she was looking at me, too. So I said to myself, "Bauer, you S.O.B., go for it." And it worked. Yeah.

Another time I used this great pick up line on a woman I'd never met before. I was talking to her, for I can't remember why because I did not know her - and hadn't been introduced. And I asked her about her necklace, and she smiled and said her mother picked it out. It was the Evil Eye.
"The Evil Eye?" I said.
"To protect me from evil!"
"Baby, I'm allll good." I said. And it fucking worked. Oh God.

So, yes, the correct thing for him to do is get some balls and knock again. If it doesn't work, no matter.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:25 PM   #11
beef curtains
Immortal

i hate to be a cunt about this - but after some time i've come to realize that it doesn't really matter how a guy approaches a girl. if she likes him or thinks he's cute, he can do the most retarded thing and she'll still be interested .. if she's not interested, it probably doesn't matter what the guy does.
that being said, i think your friend should just ask for her # . be upfront about it - if he waits, the neighbor might not give him the info or he might lose the opportunity

Old 03-22-2006, 10:25 PM   #12
dean moriaty
lion of saloons

knock on her door at 2am and run off then hope she comes round the next day to see if it was him that knocked

Old 03-22-2006, 10:28 PM   #13
RopeyLopey
Braindead

Talking

In other news, Liz, I met this girl I considered a good target for testing your 'approaching' method you were suggesting the other day, letting the lady know I think she's alright and apparently the sympathies were not returned.

just that you know.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:34 PM   #14
benjamin619
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RopeyLopey
letting the lady know I think she's alright

you pinch her ass, or what?

Old 03-22-2006, 10:37 PM   #15
Karl Connor
ADMlNISTRATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef curtains
if she likes him or thinks he's cute, he can do the most retarded thing and she'll still be interested
pretty much

i can confirm this for reasons i will not say

Old 03-22-2006, 10:40 PM   #16
RopeyLopey
Braindead

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin619
you pinch her ass, or what?
I don't think that's what PRS meant. I may try it next time.

Old 03-22-2006, 11:01 PM   #17
pink_ribbon_scars
At the beginning

Quote:
Originally Posted by RopeyLopey
I don't think that's what PRS meant. I may try it next time.

when did i give this advice? my memory is fucked.

thanks for the advice guys. i am gonna call him tomorrow and tell him to get some courage up and go ask for her # before his opportunity passes. if she is open to it, she'll give the # to him.

Old 03-22-2006, 11:03 PM   #18
pink_ribbon_scars
At the beginning

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean moriaty
knock on her door at 2am and run off then hope she comes round the next day to see if it was him that knocked

he'll appreciate your idea the most.

Old 03-22-2006, 11:12 PM   #19
ziggy gaydust
Apocalyptic Poster

how come girls are always into this dumbass bullshit? Get a life or at least a romance novel bitch.

Old 03-22-2006, 11:22 PM   #20
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef curtains
i think your friend should just ask for her # .
yes.. ask her for her tic tac toe strategy.