Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2019, 05:58 PM   #1
Kahlo

Thumbs down Billy Corgan keeps hack Brett Buchanan in a job

If Billy ever stops his Instagram Q&A sessions what is this guy going to write about?

Not one, but 2 articles today. Clearly rock journalism isn't dead.

Billy Corgan Stunned By Heartbreaking Chris Cornell Email

https://www.alternativenation.net/bi...cornell-email/

Billy Corgan Makes Dark Jimi Hendrix Revelation

https://www.alternativenation.net/bi...ix-revelation/

Honestly, just a brief glimpse through your articles - you are the worst kind of journalist there is. Lower than gutter level. The headlines alone to your articles are exploitation of the worst kind, and you make Netphorians look like decent human beings in comparison. You deserve your own thread to acknowledge your 9000+ articles. Congratulations guy.

https://www.alternativenation.net/author/scottsbitch/

Last edited by Kahlo : 07-22-2019 at 07:35 AM.

Old 07-21-2019, 06:17 PM   #2
paranoid
Minion of Satan

I truly think if he didn’t stick his nose in the Darcy situation she might be doing something with SP, at the very least still on good terms with billy. It was a 17 year war that needed to end and that whole ordeal ensured that it’d continue.

It was a private argument between billy and Darcy and he poured gasoline all over that fire.

Twas entertaining af though.

Old 07-21-2019, 07:20 PM   #3
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Thumbs down

Your all just jealous of his semi-celeb status and his roguish good looks.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:04 PM   #4
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Your headline gave away the story. 3/10.

If you don't get the headlines thing, you don't get the internet. I did this for years doing it more of an old school way (though there was gossipy stuff there too), a bunch of editorials, some in-depth interviews, more press release type stories. You can't make a living doing that with a shoestring budget, it has to be the dumb headlines. Most internet media outlets lose a shit load of money.

If readers were interested in different types of headlines it would be different. I still get to write about a lot of stuff that interests me, like recently Robert Plant's new podcast, but then there's a lot of dumb stuff. It's a very competitive market, and I have to follow what the analytics tell me. I'm personally the type of person where I'll just go to a website that covers things I like and go through the stories, regardless of how interesting the headline is, but I understand most people aren't like that unfortunately.

When it comes to the D'arcy thing, she told me the night of the interview if she didn't talk to me it would have been Rolling Stone the following day, and my guess is the interviewer would have been someone who disliked Billy like most writers. Re-read the interview, if anything my tone was trying to get to a place to find what they could do to make peace. My whole mindset was trying to figure out how it went wrong and how to fix it. Billy and D'arcy though both seemed steadfast in their views of how things broke down, it just wasn't going to happen.

Also I had plenty of opportunities to trash Billy when they interviewed me for that Reelz thing and I didn't talk negatively about him one time.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:42 PM   #5
Candy Cane
Demi-God

Location: Where the willows weep and the whirpools sleep you'll find me.

Did the Grunge Report devolve into Alt Nation? Or was The Grunge Report something else entirely? I remember The Grunge Report was a decent site.

Old 07-21-2019, 10:17 PM   #6
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Buttcannon has been here a while and your just now complaining about him? Take this crap back
to sad machines buddy.

Old 07-21-2019, 10:35 PM   #7
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo View Post
If Billy every stops his Instagram Q&A sessions what is this guy going to write about?
he made this post almost word for word the other day, lol. if we're gonna butt-cannon the butt cannon, we can at least give him a li'l credit for being self-aware!

Old 07-21-2019, 11:30 PM   #8
paranoid
Minion of Satan

something tells me she'd have been talked out of talking to rolling stone. she had a lot of people trying to tell her that she was misinterpreting what billy was after, and if anything it was a miscommunication that probably could have been resolved.

wishful thinking though. it's not like it wasn't a great interview.

Old 07-21-2019, 11:37 PM   #9
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Cane View Post
Did the Grunge Report devolve into Alt Nation? Or was The Grunge Report something else entirely? I remember The Grunge Report was a decent site.
I rebranded Grunge Report to Alternative Nation in June 2013. It was Grunge Report from May 2009- June 2013.

Old 07-21-2019, 11:41 PM   #10
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
something tells me she'd have been talked out of talking to rolling stone. she had a lot of people trying to tell her that she was misinterpreting what billy was after, and if anything it was a miscommunication that probably could have been resolved.

wishful thinking though. it's not like it wasn't a great interview.
Nobody will talk D'arcy out of or into anything. If she wants to do or say something, she will.

I don't think she misinterpreted Billy's offer, maybe the intentions behind it, but I do think there was bad miscommunication between them that led to there being a shitty offer. But the ultimate offer was what it was, a Steven Adler guest role.

Old 07-21-2019, 11:43 PM   #11
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
also

he made this post almost word for word the other day, lol. if we're gonna butt-cannon the butt cannon, we can at least give him a li'l credit for being self-aware!
If Billy ever stops his Instagram Q&A's, I'll be offering handjobs under Southern California bridges for $20.

Old 07-22-2019, 12:04 AM   #12
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Question

I'm astonished D'arcy told to have had the opportunity to give the Rolling Stone the interview and chose Alternative Nation instead.
It looked to me that she would do a longer interview with Blast Echo again, which would have been the worst after the two terrible articles they wrote on earlier conversations with her. That's why I gave the hint that she might be doing comments on articles about her on the Alternative Nation site under her nickname „Fey Wutt“.

Her interview with Alternative Nation still had a lot of weaknesses. To publish the original text messages with Corgan was one of them. Most people still didn't understand of it the tactics he chosed upon her to make her realize very late how little he wanted her to be involved in the band reunion. Therefore it might have been better to describe it out of the conversation than to give him the opportunity to be upset that she had been so disrespectful to even publish his private messages.

There are also a lot of logical questions upon the statements she did where it would have been necessary to continue to ask her to be more understandable.
Like her health situation compared to her bandmates: She claims to have always been the healthiest of them. Though she suffered under panic attacks, pneumonias, had a cocaine addiction and might have been had a decades long alcohol addiction. Which even led -in her own words- to a suicide attempt by heavy drinking. Anthony Kiedis already told in his biography about her alcohol abuse, describing just their early tour life together in 1991.

Then the story about her well doing horse farm she says to have made her also live an unhealthy 24 hours working life, under coffee and cigarettes. Followed by a spontanious decision to live in Austin -for being a beautiful town. Though she somehow had to keep her farm running.
And why do you live the most suicidal phase of your life in a town you first described as a wonderful place for living?
D'arcy's curriculum vitae still remains unclear after her departure from the band.

And why did she only be in contact with Billy at the short phase of reconnecting?
Why did James refuse to talk with her?
Did she ever talk with Jimmy the last twenty years?

There are still a lot of holes to fill in the plot to ask for...

Old 07-22-2019, 12:42 AM   #13
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
If Billy every stops his Instagram Q&A sessions what is this guy going to write about?

Not one, but 2 articles today. Clearly rock journalism isn't dead.

Billy Corgan Stunned By Heartbreaking Chris Cornell Email

https://www.alternativenation.net/bi...cornell-email/

Billy Corgan Makes Dark Jimi Hendrix Revelation

https://www.alternativenation.net/bi...ix-revelation/

Honestly, just a brief glimpse through your articles - you are the worst kind of journalist there is. Lower than gutter level. The headlines alone to your articles are exploitation of the worst kind, and you make Netphorians look like decent human beings in comparison. You deserve your own thread to acknowledge your 9000+ articles. Congratulations guy.

https://www.alternativenation.net/author/scottsbitch/

woahh... the headline is "Billy Corgan Stunned By Heartbreaking Chris Cornell Email"
and the substance of the article is "billy liked a photo on instagram"

that's pretty f'd up dude

Old 07-22-2019, 12:49 AM   #14
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

logically, we all understand the argument that you need to construct a certain type of headline in order to get attention and generate advertising revenue. the counter argument of course is that standards for quality or integrity might be more important than competing in a race to the lowest common denominator for the attention span of internet-faring humans

i mean, i guess on the one hand it's not really fair to judge the way someone makes a living. but on the other hand... billy liked a photo. that's objectively not the same thing as being stunned by an email.

right?

i don't know, what do i know.

Old 07-22-2019, 02:52 AM   #15
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

You also Metalheadzone, right. Because if not, they stole your shtick big time.

Old 07-22-2019, 02:52 AM   #16
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
If Billy ever stops his Instagram Q&A's, I'll be offering handjobs under Southern California bridges for $20.
Under the bridge downtown
Is where i drew some cum.

Old 07-22-2019, 03:44 AM   #17
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
- you are the worst kind of journalist there is.
Hey now, no reason to drag journalists into whatever you call Buttcanon's job of generating clicks.

Quote:
If you don't get the headlines thing, you don't get the internet.

Most internet media outlets lose a shit load of money.

It's a very competitive market, and I have to follow what the analytics tell me.
Just stop. Do you believe your own crap at this point because you've been telling that to yourself so you don't cry yourself to sleep at night?

TERROR IN SPACE: BLOW-UP EXPECTED WITHIN DAYS
--Last Friday, people in Europe were able to witness a lunar eclipse.

Buttcanon, "if you don't get the headlines thing, you don't get the internet."

You show a good level of self-awareness, so what's keeping you from saying "look, I don't fancy getting a job, I like the income I am making by generating word puzzles as click-bait, content be damned, I don't care about reality, facts, or how misleading my written diarrhea is, as long as it pays my bills."

Not that hard, is it?

P.S. You slipped, if you can reveal a remark, you also reveal tickets! But don't worry, give it a year and AI will be able to do a better job than you in generating headlines.

Last edited by pavementtune : 07-22-2019 at 04:27 AM.

Old 07-22-2019, 04:30 AM   #18
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
took has started saving up for a bus ticket and an extra $20.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:37 AM   #19
Kahlo

Well, this is one story which might have a happy ending.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:49 AM   #20
Cool As Ice Cream

bert buttcannon

Old 07-22-2019, 08:16 AM   #21
FoolofaTook

will $40 in food stamps work?

Old 07-22-2019, 10:16 AM   #22
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Red face

Quote:
Honestly, just a brief glimpse through your articles - you are the worst kind of journalist there is. Lower than gutter level.

Old 07-22-2019, 11:17 AM   #23
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

the Frances Bean one was particularly hilarious since [spoiler] it wasn't even her dress

Old 07-22-2019, 11:55 AM   #24
myosis
Minion of Satan

Buttcannon Reveals He's a Hack

Old 07-22-2019, 01:12 PM   #25
Skradgee
Boardcaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
What happens next will shock you!

Old 07-22-2019, 01:29 PM   #26
Shallowed
Braindead

Old 07-22-2019, 01:32 PM   #27
Shallowed
Braindead

ladies and gentlemen mister burp buttcrack

Old 07-22-2019, 01:47 PM   #28
Candy Cane
Demi-God

Location: Where the willows weep and the whirpools sleep you'll find me.

Quote:
I rebranded Grunge Report to Alternative Nation in June 2013. It was Grunge Report from May 2009- June 2013.

Quote:
Underneath the bridge
a tart stands every week
and his headlines are all crap
and his reveals simply stink
And he's living off of ass
And the handjobs he's been giving
But it's okay to write crap
'Cause he's a big fan of Scott Weiland

Corgan's Q and A
mmmm mmmm
he has bills to pay
mmmm mmmm

twenty dollars pay
mmmmm mmmm
handjobs every day
mmmm mmmm

Old 07-22-2019, 01:47 PM   #29
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
bert buttcannon
Connie Kontkanonnie

Old 07-22-2019, 02:11 PM   #30
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
You also Metalheadzone, right. Because if not, they stole your shtick big time.
He's my son.