Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2014, 06:46 AM   #31
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

jimmy page is overrated

i stopped reading there

shut the fuck up, exploding boy

well i read the last sentence, i think morrissey would be exactly the same as he is now. he's fucking huge don't you know and he doesn't nearly come close to the smarmy charity colonialism of fucking bono mostly because he's witty and a hilarious troll

Old 06-26-2014, 06:49 AM   #32
Elphenor
Braindead

Morrissey is pure win.

Old 06-26-2014, 06:54 AM   #33
Elphenor
Braindead

There's something just liberating about watching any live Smiths performance. The way this scrawny guy took is shirt off and danced around like he was in his house alone and yet he was on stage in front of a thousand cheering fans...

Old 06-26-2014, 06:58 AM   #34
Elphenor
Braindead

Like how can the video for "This Charming Man" not put a smile on your face?

Bono is just lame and boring.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #35
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Yes Morrissey is hilarious. That's why he keeps on refusing Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce any royalties. haha i sure screwed them then with a bad contract now fuck off. Morrissey never had any fucking say in the music and would have went NOWHERE (how telling he spent his solo career looking for a band that sounds like the smiths) without those guys (Rourke and Marr wrote the music) but lets keep on depriving them because really, i made that band. You know what credit ill AT LEAST give Bono, of actually being self aware and saying he is in fact a megalomaniac that is in love with the attention he gets. that doesn't stop him from acting like a twat or his band from being a complete embarrassment and radio pollution for the past like 25 years but at least he knows that much. I don't think Morrissey knows he's a twat. he thinks really hes right and everyone else is wrong.

(hmm........well i guess i know why i don't like him now..........)

Old 06-27-2014, 03:14 AM   #36
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
honestly I appreciate your presence here because you always have unusual opinions and you never get hostile that others disagree with you

but really I don't understand how you can think echo and the bunnymen laid the groundwork for interpol more than joy division. I had never even heard chameleons before this thread and the guitar interplay sounds JUST like Interpol in some of those songs
exactly. as always, catherine wheel, you don't make any sense and you're completely wrong.

Old 06-27-2014, 03:24 AM   #37
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
Yes Morrissey is hilarious. That's why he keeps on refusing Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce any royalties. haha i sure screwed them then with a bad contract now fuck off. Morrissey never had any fucking say in the music and would have went NOWHERE (how telling he spent his solo career looking for a band that sounds like the smiths) without those guys (Rourke and Marr wrote the music) but lets keep on depriving them because really, i made that band. You know what credit ill AT LEAST give Bono, of actually being self aware and saying he is in fact a megalomaniac that is in love with the attention he gets. that doesn't stop him from acting like a twat or his band from being a complete embarrassment and radio pollution for the past like 25 years but at least he knows that much. I don't think Morrissey knows he's a twat. he thinks really hes right and everyone else is wrong.
marr is complicit in screwing those two guys out of royalties also

to be honest, if they have that power they probably played it like that because those two DIDN'T really contribute

they obviously weren't paying attention, though i could see moz being a bully and marr just being completely aloof about all of it

Old 06-27-2014, 03:25 AM   #38
Trotskilicious
Banned

screw this place i'm gonna post on a smiths board

Old 06-27-2014, 03:32 AM   #39
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

trotskilicious quit netphoria

Old 06-27-2014, 10:35 AM   #40
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
marr is complicit in screwing those two guys out of royalties also

to be honest, if they have that power they probably played it like that because those two DIDN'T really contribute

they obviously weren't paying attention, though i could see moz being a bully and marr just being completely aloof about all of it
Marr is quoted as saying he would do it but Morrissey is in the way.

And that's bullshit that the other two didn't contribute, it was Marr and Rourke writing the music, anyone who says Rourke's parts aren't integral to the songs should have his ears washed. As great as the guitar part to This Charming Man is, it wouldn't be half the song it is without the bassline that's on it. I mean unfortunately i can see how a drummer is often treated as you know... "just" a drummer and in this case it might very well be the case, but Rourke was certainly no hired gun and regardless, it would be the goddam decent thing to do

I don't know, i just don't understand the love for Morrissey. His irony is boring, his mannerisms both vocal or otherwise are annoying and he's a dick to boot. I'll never get the cult of Morrissey.