Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 01-30-2015, 02:07 PM   #31
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
Not unlike Buffy the Vampire slayer, I don't see any way of rebooting this show without ruining it. Any more X Files projects would have to have the original leads involved.
Well i thought for a long time they should have new people but maybe with cameos by the original actors once in a while. Not like, here's Mulder and Scully but with new younger actors. Of course i have no confidence at all that they can find good leads in this day and age... to be fair Duchovny and Anderson are far from being the best actors or anything but somehow they worked. I certainly cant watch Anderson in anything else (i thoroughly hate her as person...well what she shows of herself publicly anyway) and i like Duchovny in X-files almost reluctantly but the character was just too good no to like.

But truly I'd be more concerned with how they can find ideas for good episodes that AREN'T ripoffs or slight variations on original episodes. I mean there's only so many paranormal shit you can tackle and the original series really covered most of what is interesting.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:14 PM   #32
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Do you realize that what you're talking about is the last season of the show.

Old 01-31-2015, 03:54 AM   #33
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post

But truly I'd be more concerned with how they can find ideas for good episodes that AREN'T ripoffs or slight variations on original episodes. I mean there's only so many paranormal shit you can tackle and the original series really covered most of what is interesting.

The nature of the internet has allowed a conditioning on people to expand the awareness of "paranormal shit", as you say. They got more grist for the mill these days.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:08 AM   #34
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Do you realize that what you're talking about is the last season of the show.
Yeah i was told it was like this a lot. I never watched it though. The last two or three seasons. But i feel this is different. Back then it was the original series, people EXPECTED it would still be about Mulder and Scully. If you present a new series that isn't meant to be about them...not to mention the series was "tired" then.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:20 AM   #35
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Not unlike Buffy the Vampire slayer, I don't see any way of rebooting this show without ruining it. Any more X Files projects would have to have the original leads involved.
it's pretty naive to think anybody cares about the artistic merits involved in the decision of resurrecting a (probably) highly profitable franchise

they want to do it to feel young again because they remember that time as being a good and successful one, to hopefully launch themselves back into household conciousness, whatever you like

the story? eh we'll make something up and get on with it

Old 01-31-2015, 06:07 AM   #36
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

what does it matter to have the same leads, lets not even have mulder and skully fuck it

Old 01-31-2015, 06:15 AM   #37
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

how convincing can a mystery show be in the age of transparent, immediate and endless information anyway

Old 01-31-2015, 06:25 AM   #38
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

lol

Old 01-31-2015, 10:16 AM   #39
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

omega concern to thread!!!