Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #31
slunken
Virgo

hypothetical question: if monte was a regular poster do you think he would have been/would be banned?

Old 12-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #32
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Fuck you, too, Trots.

Old 12-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #33
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

you're a freak bernard, you know that

Old 12-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #34
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
hypothetical question: if monte was a regular poster do you think he would have been/would be banned?
nah, he was more regular in the past. the entertainment value is much, much too high

banana never contributed much of anything in the realm of u think your all that or the dates

the best banana ever did was post pics of his shitty flophouse and we made fun

Old 12-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #35
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
you're a freak bernard, you know that
Of course I know that. But I refuse to be a German woman. Up with this I will not put!

Old 12-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #36
Trotskilicious
Banned

I HAVE RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #37
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
I think jeff is also a better guitar player than billy and that's why Billy wanted him.
Hahahaha, Jeff better than Billy? Billy is a million times better. Jeff is so bland and boring both stage presence-wise and his playing is just generic "look at me I can shred" rock-isms. Billy can shred too but does so in a much more interesting way. Sorry but Billy belongs up there with Hendrix, Gilmour, etc. in the list of all-time greats. Jeff is just some faceless sideman.

When I saw SP earlier this year it was really disappointing that Jeff's guitar was much louder than Billy.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #38
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
You like the Smashing Pumpkins but you don't even know anything by the Pixies? LMAO
i don't know nothing about them, i just don't care for their catalog. I've been quick to dismiss bands with punky shouty vocals, which is common in pixies songs. no hate, just not a band i've dived into - there's a ton more to enjoy instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
get the fuck out of here

Old 12-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #39
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Hahahaha, Jeff better than Billy? Billy is a million times better. Jeff is so bland and boring both stage presence-wise and his playing is just generic "look at me I can shred" rock-isms. Billy can shred too but does so in a much more interesting way. Sorry but Billy belongs up there with Hendrix, Gilmour, etc. in the list of all-time greats. Jeff is just some faceless sideman.

When I saw SP earlier this year it was really disappointing that Jeff's guitar was much louder than Billy.
Both Corgan and I agree jeff is a better guitar player. Didn't say he was more creative. There is a big diff. James is more creative than jeff as well.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #40
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
I miss monte. Too bad he is on hiatus.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #41
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Both Corgan and I agree jeff is a better guitar player. Didn't say he was more creative. There is a big diff. James is more creative than jeff as well.
Billy used to be a great guitarist. I think he's lazy with his axe now. the passion & phrasing in his shredding is really meh. I can understand how he delegates these parts to jeff. the kind of awesome corgan guitaring doesn't fit in with the new "proper song writing" approach. It's really too bad because I thought what he used to do was excellent and he balanced the elements really well - but billy is now stuck with the idea that the old songwriting format doesn't get radio play and doesn't pay (like he's made more money with the new material

Old 12-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #42
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
but billy is now stuck with the idea that the old songwriting format doesn't get radio play and doesn't pay (like he's made more money with the new material
Joy Formidable and Silversun Pickups get plenty of radio play with the classic Pumpkin's sound so Billy obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #43
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
Billy used to be a great guitarist. I think he's lazy with his axe now. the passion & phrasing in his shredding is really meh. I can understand how he delegates these parts to jeff. the kind of awesome corgan guitaring doesn't fit in with the new "proper song writing" approach. It's really too bad because I thought what he used to do was excellent and he balanced the elements really well - but billy is now stuck with the idea that the old songwriting format doesn't get radio play and doesn't pay (like he's made more money with the new material
It's true, he doesn't play the same at all. Though he blames his age. But jeff is still good, he is jimmy approved too remember

Old 12-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #44
Trotskilicious
Banned

catherine wheel makes a spot on point

Old 12-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #45
pavementtune

Quote:
Shattuck was relieved of her duties as bass player in the band in November after joining in the summer as replacement for founding member, Kim Deal […] Shattuck reveals that she was not expecting to leave the band, having agreed verbally to tour with them into 2014.

"I was surprised. Everything had gone well, the reviews were all good and the fans were super-nice about everything. They were like, 'We love you, New Kim!'," she says. "We said goodbye at the airport and the following morning the manager called me and said: 'The band has made the decision to go with another bass player.' I was shocked."

Speculating as to why she may have been replaced, Shattuck says: "I get the feeling they're more introverted people than I am. Nobody really talked about deep issues, at least out loud. There was a show at the Mayan in Los Angeles where I got overly enthusiastic and jumped into the crowd, and I know they weren't thrilled about that. When I got offstage the manager told me not to do that again. I said, 'Really, for my own safety?' And he said, 'No, because the Pixies don't do that.'"

However, Shattuck does not bear a grudge toward Frank Black and his band mates: "I would have preferred it if they told me face to face as a group, but they're nice people. I'm still a fan of the Pixies!"

Earlier this week it was confirmed that Paz Lenchatin will replace Shattuck for Pixies live dates in 2014, including headline slots at Primavera and Field Day.
http://www.nme.com/news/pixies/74353

Old 12-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #46
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

wow.
weird.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #47
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

so basically she got fired for having fun.

Old 12-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #48
T&T
Socialphobic

and if they expect Paz to be less extroverted they're going to be disappointed.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #49
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

It is probably not as simple as she says. They might have liked her as a person but didn't like working with her.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #50
MusicMan4

UM, PEZ
PIXIES DON'T DO THAT

Old 12-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #51
Cowlishaw
Pledge

Haha. Love the band, but I can't imagine joining would be any fun.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #52
noyen
Immortal

i think paz has a smile that cures a million ghosts roaming in my head. i think i'll actually make effort to see them at the salt palace here in slc because it like inspired a song and that's like cool and shit. but i really wish kim deal would just keep singing good stuff i don't even care if she stays in the pixies. she seemed real unhappy in the pixies as does everyone. thought they even made it clear they're doing it for the money, not because they like each other or like what they are doing. the new pixies songs just seem like someone told them to put out something. i wish a journalist would just right out and ask them if that's what they're doing and their real interests are elsewhere and their new songs don't mean anything other than to cash in more.

i think about paz a lot. when i'm alone. she's so mysterious. she rocks in entrance band i thinks too.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #53
Bread Regal
Banned

that documentary was a little depressing. the deal twins riding around in their own bus. lovering hitting the wall with his dad and the pills. and even without that, being in that band looks like legitimate work. like, barely worth it to tolerate the presence of your coworkers type work.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #54
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Paz is a fantastic bassist. I really want to play like her one day (more entrance band style though cause I don't use a pick )
I just checked out TEB and Paz is sounding better than ever

Old 04-23-2014, 11:14 AM   #55
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

... >>>

Quote:
“Gigantic”, the classic Pixies song about big black cocks and having sex in an alley, is appropriately being used to sell Apple iPhones. The tagline of the new marketing campaign is “You’re more powerful than you think”.

Source:
http://www.alternativenation.net/?p=46515

Old 04-23-2014, 11:29 AM   #56
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Old 04-23-2014, 01:08 PM   #57
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

If you think billy is aging....

these guys really make me feel old.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:22 PM   #58
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Billy in the middle. Jimmy to the left. James to the right.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:31 PM   #59
Trotskilicious
Banned

at least frank lost some weight

Old 04-23-2014, 06:37 PM   #60
Catherine Wheel
Banned

James looks weird with facial hair.