margin

Old 07-14-2014, 01:06 AM   #2
redbull
Immortal

expensive

Old 07-14-2014, 01:06 AM   #3
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Know that a few of the other reissues have had problems - how's the TAFH one sound? Any issues across the board that we're aware of, or is it a pretty solid piece?

Just realized that I'd rather have that on vinyl for audio's sake than having that hideous box set of CDs up on my shelf, so I'm gonna eBay the CDs and get the vinyl in their place, pending a reissue fart situation.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:09 AM   #4
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
expensive
Yeah, that's true. The price on Amazon has been oscilatting between like $95 and $85 - which oddly enough for a while there was way more than the CD set, which Amazon was selling at >$100. CD set appears to have calmed down now, though.

Art is just such a turd sandwich inside that really, somehow, I feel like having the CD reissue around makes my original box set look less cool.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:21 AM   #5
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

It's ok

Old 07-14-2014, 11:03 AM   #6
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster

Amazon Canada has it for $60. It sounds fine to me but I only listened to them once and not completely.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:19 AM   #7
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

If only we had a massive thread on here were this was already discussed it could ahve saved you a bunch of time waiting for joke replies.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:54 AM   #8
paranoid
Minion of Satan

The art is just as bad as the cd version. I wish they had used the same covers that they had for the original box.. Would have been beautiful. Oh well!

Sounds is great, IMO. I don't notice the same kind of issues that you hear on the NCOs set. Zero ep sounds especially great, as does 33.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #9
Ram27
dumb

I wish they had the bonus features on vinyl. I'd buy the fuck out of it with those live recordings.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:22 PM   #10
aeroplume
Demi-God

i think it sounds great. i was one of the lucky few who caught the mellon collie vinyl for $28 from amazon canada. when i listened to it, yeah, zero was totally screwed.but everything else was good. zero definitely sounds good on TAFH so the way i look at it, i got mellon collie for $28 and TAFH as a birthday gift for free so i can look past it and just listen to zero on TAFH if i really wanted to. i mean mellon collie and TAFH are kinda muddy recordings anyway. transitions are good, everything sounds pretty balanced in my opinion.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:25 PM   #11
aeroplume
Demi-God

thats listening to it on a tube amp through some basic intro kenwood speakers.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:50 AM   #12
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
So they have reissued TAFH? Are they brickwall remastered or is it a true reissue of the originals?
If only there was a thread where we had already discussed this maybe people find the answers. You would have thought we would have talked about this when it came out.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:03 AM   #13
T&T
Socialphobic

no one actually cared to listen to it.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:08 AM   #14
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

stfu, poots

Old 07-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #15
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I'm sure everything SP related has already been discussed. Why don't we just archive the whole board and let everyone do a search for anything they want to know? Stop everyone from posting new threads since they are so redundant. Or maybe, if it's something you don't care to discuss again, you could just choose not to post in the thread, turn the computer off, and go take the dog for a walk.

Oh you killed me. I'll run and hide now and not post in this massively informative thread.

Man why do I even post here if I hate this band so much.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:16 PM   #16
aeroplume
Demi-God

Quote:
Fuck off Ice Cream Man
lol!

Old 07-23-2014, 09:03 PM   #17
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Mine came today after I got it via Amazon.CA thanks to ol' Pizza Club's recommendation. Got home to see the box fully opened up and clearly half-assedly re-taped up on the porch. So, when it was still in there, I was surprised - then when it was still sealed, I was even more surprised.

Confusion reigned once I started checking it out, though... guess I'll go dig up that old thread and see if anybody else ran into the issue pictured below?!?

http://i60.tinypic.com/akhlrp.jpg

Old 07-24-2014, 12:33 AM   #18
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

1979 was a bad year for canadians.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:20 AM   #19
Cool As Ice Cream

lol
shiiiiiit

Old 07-24-2014, 02:31 AM   #20
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
I'm sure everything SP related has already been discussed. Why don't we just archive the whole board and let everyone do a search for anything they want to know? Stop everyone from posting new threads since they are so redundant. Or maybe, if it's something you don't care to discuss again, you could just choose not to post in the thread, turn the computer off, and go take the dog for a walk.
guy makes a good point

Old 07-29-2014, 02:34 AM   #21
Cool As Ice Cream

they fucked up printing?
huh?

Old 07-29-2014, 03:19 AM   #22
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciGarski View Post
by the way this convinced me that tafh vinyl is the last reissue item i buy. to charge that much and fuck up printing...
Does it contain two copies of the actual Tonight vinyl, or is it just the sleeve?

Old 07-29-2014, 04:02 AM   #23
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

mine doesn't have this

Old 07-29-2014, 04:04 AM   #24
chucklescrotum
Banned

you know that sound of a cat pooping on a piece of sandpaper? yeah, it sounds like that

Old 07-29-2014, 05:18 AM   #25
Cool As Ice Cream

mine also has all the proper records and sleeves.
i guess they just messed up putting that one copy together. it's not a printing issue.

there was a printing issue on the european mellon collie boxes (cd and vinyl). on one page, they had put a sticker over the original text. i checked out what was under the sticker, and apparently, d'arcy's name had somehow disappeared from the band listing. ouch!

another problem with the european mcis boxes is that sometimes, the cd box had the book for the vinyl box and vice versa. this didn't happen all the time, but still fairly often. it was quite the mess.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #26
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah, it's not a printing issue - they just somehow jammed in two copies of Tonight Tonight and no copies of 1979.

Interesting kerfuffel with Amazon.Ca afterwards, too. For the past few returns I've made to Amazon, they've just decided to let me keep the item in question. Was hoping they'd do that with this one, even though the first set was incomplete. Well, they couldn't - and told me to return it. Kicker was that shipping back to Canada was $41 - and when I went back to tell them that, they issued me a refund for the first set, which I then used to buy a second.

So, not quite a buy-one-get-one-free situation... more like a buy-one-get-one-and-four-fifths-free situation, but, whatever. My little bro is stoked to even get 4/5ths of the box for free.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:39 PM   #27
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
Mine came today after I got it via Amazon.CA thanks to ol' Pizza Club's recommendation. Got home to see the box fully opened up and clearly half-assedly re-taped up on the porch. So, when it was still in there, I was surprised - then when it was still sealed, I was even more surprised.

Confusion reigned once I started checking it out, though... guess I'll go dig up that old thread and see if anybody else ran into the issue pictured below?!?

http://i60.tinypic.com/akhlrp.jpg
lol