Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 01-23-2017, 02:48 AM   #121
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
honestly if you think this you don't know shit about race relations in the US and shouldn't be commenting. tone policing is awful and throughout our history has been used to discredit women and minorities

I mean jesusneedsahit does need to calm down but he's acting out of control and letting the alt righters bait him into acting nuts. protesters afraid of their healthcare disappearing and their world being consumed by the fires of climate change do not need to be told to calm down
Well I didn't tell anyone but Jesus needs a shit to calm down, in my defence.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:49 AM   #122
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

The others you mentioned didn't seem to need it - the protests were welcoming and peaceful as you said.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:51 AM   #123
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Well I didn't tell anyone but Jesus needs a shit to calm down, in my defence.
again fair enough, but you were the one who sided with goose stepper fuzzyroes against him when fuzzyroes is a reprehensible individual and despite his unbalanced posting, jesusneedsashit is on the right side. It just sounds too familiar. So I can't blame him for then flipping a shit at you.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:59 AM   #124
vixnix
Socialphobic

Actually, fuzzy has sided with me on occasion, not the other way round. I have my own fucked up views about everything in existence that are all my own and very rarely side with anyone.

As you may or may not have noticed.

The fact that some of my opinions or ideas are things that fuzzy agrees with doesn't make us a team. He's just another guy at netpho. I do think his comments about Melania being a hot First Lady were groce but otherwise I find his ideas interesting rather than infuriating even if he is wrong about everything. I don't have a wide enough or detailed enough understanding of all the stuff he mentions to say without a shadow of a doubt that he is wrong, though my own personal upbringing biases me toward the position that he probably is.

I just have different things that infuriate me. Entitled private school boys standing in my way at the shopping centre and not getting out of my way until I ask them, or not giving up their seats on public transport. My kids saying "sunthing" rather than "something". That kind of thing.

Old 01-23-2017, 03:01 AM   #125
vixnix
Socialphobic

Actually I should have said entitled teenage boys. The fact that they're from a private school doesn't matter. I had the same experiences in Harlem with guys in low hanging jeans and puffer jackets.

Old 01-23-2017, 03:12 AM   #126
redbreegull

New York Times – How Marches in Washington Have Shaped America

an article shared by Southern Poverty Law Center, one of the United States' most respected and preeminent anti-hate and minority rights groups.

Old 01-23-2017, 03:27 AM   #127
vixnix
Socialphobic

Did I ever tell you guys about the time two black guys in Harlem told me and my white friend from NZ that they could show us Spike Lee's childhood home and we followed them into an abandoned brownstone where they were squatting and where one guy groped me and tried to pull me onto a dirty old bed, before I called out to my friend that we should go? When we walked downstairs, there were two other guys standing next to the front door. They looked up at the guys at the top of the stairs, and then opened the door. We've only mentioned that to each other a few times and never really think too much about the two guys at the door and what could have happened. We were so innocent and naive. So trusting. I don't know why. We'd had our trust abused so many times, both of us. But I guess it was just who we were. Daddy issues.

It was a really beautiful brownstone. When I was in Harlem, there were a lot of beautiful houses like that, that had fallen into disrepair and had been abandoned. A guy from equador that I was staying with, said they were being bought up by companies affiliated with Columbia University and being left vacant, to drive undesirables out of Harlem so that it could be made into safe student accommodation.

The basements were amazing. One had a full bar in it, covered in dust. By the time we were there the second time, my friend was pregnant with an Irish backpacker's baby. She had the abortion in London. Brixton. It cost hundreds of pounds because she wasn't entitled to care through the NHS.

We visited him in Ireland and he drove us down to the Ring of Kerry and Killarney. We listened to Nina Simone and Belle and Sebastian in the car. It was 1999, so I hadn't heard B&S before. We walked in the rolling hills and she couldn't walk very fast because she'd get stomach pain.

I had my abortion later. It was my husband's child but we had only known each other a month back then. My (Samoan) mum told me to have an abortion. I was so sad afterwards, which is apparently normal because of the hormone changes. I was 24. I remember it starting to get cold, and coming home still having gushes of clotted blood and tissue coming out of me. I took the oven apart and cleaned it, leaning over the racks and scrubbing them while little gushes of tissue spilled out of my vagina onto the maternity pad I had stuck on to my knickers, to absorb the blood. I never wore pads, and it felt like a diaper.

When we fell pregnant again later on that year and I had my first scan, and saw my first born son's heartbeat, I cried for the baby I terminated.

I really don't like abortion. It sucks. But I hate telling people what they should do. People should make their own choices, like we were able to. But I still don't like abortion. I'm interested in what anti-abortionists have to say.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:04 AM   #128
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Just FYI, it's a lwayer's job to represent their client. Plead their client's side of the story and present evidence that corroborates the client's claims. All within ethical and moral parameters of course, which as we all know from these very boards mean different things to different people.

It's the Judge's job to be impartial and reach a fair decision with knowledge of and basing it on the appropriate governing set of laws in the respective country/state where the trial takes place.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:35 PM   #129
myosis
Minion of Satan

harlem is now SoHa, transition complete.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:42 PM   #130
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

https://img.ifcdn.com/images/91c798f...f9364c97_1.jpg

Old 01-23-2017, 07:20 PM   #131
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Have you considered becoming a lawyer, DK?
Good call! He's got all the cliches and rhetoric down to a tee

Old 01-23-2017, 07:21 PM   #132
fuzzyroes
Banned

Reading DK half the time just reeks of "lawyer speak".

Ahh fucking lawyers, half of them are opportunist scum-bags.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:27 PM   #133
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
It's less about the quantity of the criticism, than it is about the quality.

"Haha holding signs is dumb" isn't really a quality critique.
It's a perfectly legitimate critique. People moseying about, carousing around the streets with immature signs does absolutely nothing for the cause and only makes intelligent people sigh and roll their eyes at the lazy, futile attempt at effecting political discourse.

But hey, it makes the social-media millennials feel united and important. I guess that's worth something.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:56 PM   #134
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Did you sigh and roll your eyes, too?

Old 01-23-2017, 08:41 PM   #135
fuzzyroes
Banned

Yeah.

Cause to me, if you wanted to send a message and protest Trump: all of these millennials should have mobilized and protested at the DNC headquarters on the inauguration night. That would have actually sent a focused message that could have actually made a difference within the party that all these people subscribe to.

If the DNC put ONE IOTA of the effort they made for trying to drag Hillary across the finish line to the oval office for Bernie Sanders, he likely would have steam-rolled over Trump in a general election. But the DNC did everything they could to collude with Hillary Clinton: thus putting in an incredibly flawed corrupt candidate up against a populist candidate. They were completely off-base and couldn't see the movement that was taking place. And It's not just collusion, the DNC literally RIGGED things against the candidate people loved in Sanders.

So if you wanted to make a difference, mobilizing and getting 100-200K people to march outside of the DNC headquarters on the inauguration day would have been world-wide news and could have brought real revolution. Having signs protesting Debrah Wasserman Schultz and Hillarys corruption would have been focused and gold BUT.... of course that isn't trendy enough or enough of a SJW issue to flaunt on ones Instagram page, so for everyone: it simply wasn't worth it

Not to mention: It was like a World Series Parade for the Republicans. For the Republicans to see all these geeky kids with their stupid signs simply energizes their base and makes them gloat. It was the cherry on top for the winning Republicans.

I commend the fighting spirit, but seriously: You oughtta plan it out a little better than that

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 01-23-2017 at 08:46 PM.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:01 PM   #136
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Fuzzy: "If you don't like Trump attack the people who oppose Trump."

cause fuzzy is a boarder line retard who is easily manipulated by bad people.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:31 PM   #137
fuzzyroes
Banned

You're taking such a simple minded approach to what I said, again.

The Democrats themselves were the ones who rigged things against the "break-out sensation" Bernie Sanders.

And in the 2nd to last day before the election wikileaks revealed that there was a DNC pact between Bernie and Hillary not to hit below the belt.... Yeah... That's really gonna benefit Bernie alright....

Hell you could have had Marco Rubio or even Ted Cruz win out against Hillary. She was a down-right SHIT candidate that the DNC forced upon the people. They sabotaged themselves.

So if these simpletons protesting are mad about the outcome, the may wanna protest the party in which they subscribe to cause the party doesn't wanna lose them and might actually do something about their crookedness

Old 01-23-2017, 09:33 PM   #138
fuzzyroes
Banned

a bunch of democratic hipsters protesting the Republican party... YEAH!!!!! That's really gonna inflict change!!!!

I'm not siding with the Republicans because for the most part I don't associate as one, but even I know that's about the most brain-dead tactic you could take

Old 01-23-2017, 09:35 PM   #139
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
a bunch of democratic hipsters protesting the Republican party... YEAH!!!!! That's really gonna inflict change!!!!

I'm not siding with the Republicans because for the most part I don't associate as one, but even I know that's about the most brain-dead tactic you could take
You should look up what inflict means

Old 01-23-2017, 09:39 PM   #140
fuzzyroes
Banned

You think change is welcomed by the political establishment?

God, some of you guys are so snarky when you're clearly not the brightest stars in the sky yourselves.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:09 PM   #141
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
anti-nazi fascist bigots
You don't have to agree with Nazi fascists, but it does seem a little bigoted to be explicitly anti-them.

Say what you will about them, but at least they are being positive by standing for something instead of against something, and framing themselves as "pro-White supremacy" instead of "anti-racial-equality." The "AntiFa" movement could learn a lot from these ambitious young skinheads, who are at least making an effort to effect change.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:14 PM   #142
fuzzyroes
Banned

*shakes head in disgust*

honestly, what's he even babbling about? "pro-white supremacy"

What planet are these people even living on? Because they're certainly witnessing some huge headlines that I've seemingly missed.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:33 PM   #143
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Instead of being anti-snark, try being pro-anti-snark. Build up rather than tear down.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:34 PM   #144
redbreegull

this thread is a microcosm of racists learning to mimic identity politics

Old 01-23-2017, 10:35 PM   #145
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Racism is identity politics.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:37 PM   #146
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Nobody, not even intersectional progressives, feel as threatened about their identities as the straight white masculine males afraid that they are losing their grip on the world because somebody put out a shitty movie with chicks in it instead of a shitty movie with dudes in it.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:38 PM   #147
redbreegull

Quote:
this thread is a microcosm of racists learning to mimic identity politics
or as Jebusneedstoshit so eloquently put it, "watching a monkey try to use a screwdriver"

Old 01-23-2017, 10:38 PM   #148
fuzzyroes
Banned

You guys are really belittling the importance of racism by screaming these accusations at Trump.

Sure, he's a crude man in many, many ways but I've never once seen him be racist.

He did propose a sensational Muslim ban from high-risk territories after hundreds of innocent people were annihilated from sociopaths in that region within a handful of months. But how the fuck is he racist?

Get real sheep

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 01-23-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:41 PM   #149
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
He did propose a sensational Muslim band
Yeah, I read about that on Pitchfork. Trump definitely knows talent. I think these guys are going to make it big time.

http://cdn.aquila-style.com/wp-conte...-page-copy.jpg

Old 01-23-2017, 10:42 PM   #150
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
It's a perfectly legitimate critique. People moseying about, carousing around the streets with immature signs does absolutely nothing for the cause and only makes intelligent people sigh and roll their eyes at the lazy, futile attempt at effecting political discourse.

But hey, it makes the social-media millennials feel united and important. I guess that's worth something.
Obviously, the protests are being watched and noted by powerful folks other than the POTUS. Who have constituents or customer bases or employees or student populations, etc

This is not all to make trump whimper and moan (although lord knows he will--guys got the thinnest skin of any purportedly "tough guy" I've ever seen) nor is it solely an emotional release for those of us (most of us!) who don't want him

Marching, gathering, hollering, getting together en masse, whether we do it obnoxiously or respectfully, is a powerful show of force and of what we expect from our leaders

Right of assembly is right there in the 1st amdt for just this very reason ffs