Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 06-23-2018, 04:03 AM   #1
noyen
Immortal

Default what's the point?

what is your motivation? money, bring relied upon and not wanting to let anyone down .
why do you get up in the morning? because i feel like I have to.
what are you sleeping for? to escape waking thoughts and hopefully make being awake less terrible.
how do you justify the terrible things you do? I think everyone does terrible things, like ignoring homeless people, prioritizing your own pain above others. I think most people are completely unaware of their wrong doings and how they fit in the grander scheme of evil machines. simply believing you do no wrong I find to be horribly self serving.and ignorant. everyone does horrible things in the name of self preservation.
what impact do you think you have on those around you? I like to think I am a reliable friend but am not always. I think I provoke those around me with questioning and generally think I am relate able and show that despite all things, I am resilient and you can be too.
why haven't you ended your own life? practical reasons, cliched reasons. I haven't found the right time. my mother and family as well.
do you plan on it if you haven't yet? I think if I'm being honest, in the back of my mind I have given up on the idea that I'd somehow escape depression. I think eventually I will become weak enough to succumb to it. seems a matter of time.
are you unsure if you want to live or die? I am sure I want to die.

Last edited by noyen : 06-23-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:05 AM   #2
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

what is your motivation? - making music, and making money to buy more instruments, shit etc
why do you get up in the morning? - to go to work
what are you sleeping for? - to be able to wake up
how do you justify the terrible things you do? - I hate myself, like everyone else
what impact do you think you have on those around you? - small
what is fuzzyroes thinking about right now? - woopity, scoop, poop.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:06 AM   #3
noyen
Immortal

I edited

Old 06-23-2018, 04:06 AM   #4
noyen
Immortal

you were too fast damnit!

Old 06-23-2018, 04:08 AM   #5
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
you were too fast damnit!
Shit!

Old 06-23-2018, 04:08 AM   #6
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

I want to live, I want to see crazy shit go down within 10-20 years from now.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:09 AM   #7
noyen
Immortal

I think fuzzyroes is thinking about oatmeal and how great it is right now.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:09 AM   #8
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

Quote:
I think fuzzyroes is thinking about oatmeal and how great it is right now.
Yeah, he's just now realizing why they included the word "oat" in it. What a dumbass.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:10 AM   #9
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

more like crawling though pools of vomit looking for an advil

Old 06-23-2018, 04:10 AM   #10
noyen
Immortal

in a few more minutes he's gonna think about the word "titties" and probably write an essay about them while listening to green day. he might even be thinking about how birds are just not that different than us. I also predict he is jacking off to a picture of doonalld trump.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:26 AM   #11
Shallowed
Braindead

https://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.c...face_1f914.png

Old 06-23-2018, 04:41 AM   #12
FoolofaTook

The Dreadnoughts (w/ Second-rate Rejects), The Balmoral Pub/Hotel, Vancouver, BC
I have never really been a big fan of pirates. This probably has something to do with my kindergarten class, in which, the children who needed special help were known as “The Pirates’ Club.” To this day, I still equate pirates with short buses and blunt-nosed scissors (needless to say, the movie, “The Goonies”, didn’t do much to revert these feelings). Tonight, however, I am looking to change these old prejudices.
Where else would one expect to find a band of pirates but in a charming dive, located firmly in the underbelly of a beautiful port city? I am at The Balmoral Hotel on East Hastings tonight and I am here to see The Dreadnoughts play.
The Dreadnoughts first sailed on to my radar in October of 2007 when I saw their fiddle player, Seamus O’Flanahan, playing with The Town Pants at The Cambie Pub. His skill and style really put the hooks in me that night and I promised myself I’d go see The Dreadnoughts play the first chance I got.
To say that the pub in The Balmoral Hotel is “interesting” isn’t quite sufficient. The bartender had me pegged the second I walked in. Despite my best efforts to not look like I had just come from tutoring in the British Properties, in a bar with 12 customers, it isn’t difficult to pick out someone who isn’t a regular.
“You’re here for the show?” she asks, the owner eyeing me sceptically from his chair behind the bar.
“Um… yeah.” I order “anything that looks and tastes like a beer” and settle in.
The pre-show consists of an overweight girl doing a clothed (I use that term loosely though her clothes were anything but) strip routine on the dancer floor. It is strangely titillating though some people really shouldn’t do cartwheels.
I run into the owner again in the smoking room. He’s an unhappy man. He strikes me as a bachelor, allergic to cats, who has just moved in with his two unmarried aunts. He may have bought this bed but I am fairly certain he doesn’t like to sleep in it.
The first band up is Second-rate Rejects from Maple Ridge. Their music isn’t for everybody, but you won’t catch the Roxy crowd down here anyways. People go to the Roxy to get it in. People listen to bands like Second-rate Rejects to get it out. Besides, angst will never go out of style.

After their set, I talk to Fuzzy Roes, the lead guitarist, in the smoking room. We chat about bands that need to be seen (Athica, Ninja Spy, Likely Rads, and Alien Nation) and about 30 seconds into our conversation, I am guessing that “Fuzzy” might just be a gig-night, neurological statement as opposed to a physical one.

The Dreadnoughts climb up on stage (literally) and kick into their set. Their MySpace profile describes them as “Rancid’s tour bus […] hijacked by a horde of drunken gypsies” and it’s a description not far from the mark. After a couple of songs, their lead singer, Nicky Dread, proclaims that “Celtic music is okay but I sure love this punk stuff.” The crowd loves it too. They bounce in front of the stage like they’re standing on a seizure-wracked trampoline, complete with the Mohawk sporting members roaming the mass with elbows and knees uplifted in that “walk” common to all mosh pit veterans.
The music is a tight hybrid of classic punk and Celtic seafaring songs. And, like many bands of their genre, the music and stage show are imbued with a real sense of humour and honest fun. Despite the fact that some of the saddest songs ever penned can be played on a fiddle and mandolin, their inclusion in a punk band seems to quell any nihilism that may be lurking. Any band that titles a song “Mary, the One-Eyed Prostitute, Who Fought the Colossal Squid and Saved Us from Certain Death on the High Seas, God Rest Her One-Eyed Soul” doesn’t take themselves too seriously and are, therefore, a joy to watch on stage.
Though many of their fans admitted to missing the show due to its location, The Dreadnoughts and The Balmoral have a certain zeitgeist when combined. Graffiti above the urinal in The Balmoral’s washroom reads: Laugh now – pay later. Sounds like a pirate motto if I ever heard one…yar!

Old 06-23-2018, 05:11 AM   #13
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

titties

Old 06-23-2018, 05:12 AM   #14
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

nothing fucking "matters", and we're all less than a speck of dust on an infinite timeline in a dying universe we cannot understand.

it's about making meaning for yourself and trying your best to find the things that you enjoy during your short time here. the rest is bullshit

Old 06-23-2018, 05:13 AM   #15
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Everyone except for me is less than a speck of dust

Old 06-23-2018, 05:20 AM   #16
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
what is your motivation?
why do you get up in the morning?
what are you sleeping for?
how do you justify the terrible things you do?
what impact do you think you have on those around you?
why haven't you ended your own life?
do you plan on it if you haven't yet?
are you unsure if you want to live or die?
Try and make people laugh
Gotta go to work
Respite
I don't and I tend to try and curb them.
Largely they seem to enjoy me but i'm sure a bunch of them wish I would get my shit together
My mother, in her sole act of comprehensively effective parenting, hardcoded me not to by making sure I understand how badly it would devastate her. Would rather suffer until she's gone than do that to her even if I don't have to live with the consequences.
I don't plan on it but it's not off the table
Absolutely

Old 06-23-2018, 08:31 AM   #17
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

What is love?

Old 06-23-2018, 08:52 AM   #18
FoolofaTook

What is love?
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me
No more
What is love?
Yeah
I don't know why you're not fair
I give you my love, but you don't care
So what is right and what is wrong?
Gimme a sign
What is love?
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
What is love?
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
Oh, I don't know, what can I do?
What else can I say, it's up to you
I know we're one, just me and you
I can't go on
What is love?
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
What is love?
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
What is love?
What is love?
What is love?
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
Don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
I want no other, no other lover
This is our life, our time
We are together I need you forever
Is it love?
What is love?
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
What is love?
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
Yeah, yeah, (woah-woah-woah, oh, oh)
(Woah-woah-woah, oh, oh)
What is love?
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
What is love?
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
What is love?

Old 06-23-2018, 09:35 AM   #19
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
what is your motivation? to matter
why do you get up in the morning? because i've reached the point of being fully awake and can't stand to lie there another second
what are you sleeping for? some shut-eye
how do you justify the terrible things you do? see sonjon
what impact do you think you have on those around you? very little. i'm still waiting for the right time
why haven't you ended your own life? didn't have the courage a few times, got lucky once or twice, i just can't/won't
do you plan on it if you haven't yet? no, but i can't rule it out
are you unsure if you want to live or die? no, i am not unsure

Old 06-23-2018, 09:59 AM   #20
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

what is your motivation? - curiosity

why do you get up in the morning? - a) my back hurts - b) view is boring - c) I am hungry - d) work

what are you sleeping for? - dreams. also I go nuts if I don't

how do you justify the terrible things you do? - I don't justify them

what impact do you think you have on those around you? - puh. varies strongly between work and private

why haven't you ended your own life? - I take what I can get

do you plan on it if you haven't yet? - no, I don't plan to unless something like cancer hits me

are you unsure if you want to live or die? - no, I am sure I do want to live

Old 06-23-2018, 10:54 AM   #21
LaBelle
Socialphobic

what is your motivation?
to be the best, the very best like no one ever was

why do you get up in the morning?
because I go running early

what are you sleeping for?
to dream

how do you justify the terrible things you do?
I don't do terrible things

what impact do you think you have on those around you?
I change their lives forever in meaningful and irreversible ways.

why haven't you ended your own life?
that would be egoistic

do you plan on it if you haven't yet?
no, not any time soon

are you unsure if you want to live or die?
i'm very sure I want to live, I want to at least get to crazy cat lady age.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:07 PM   #22
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

what is your motivation? providing my kids with everything they need - love, a listening ear, food, encouragement

why do you get up in the morning? Because I have to get breakfast, packed lunches, uniforms, PE equipment, musical instruments, homework etc. ready. Kids leave at 7:50am, 3 days a week, and 7:00am 2 days a week.

what are you sleeping for? Because if I don't, I get migraines and heart palpitations, also, my temper gets shorter which is unpleasant for everyone. I don't sleep much. Five nights a week I get to sleep by 12:30 and then get back up at either 6:00am or 6:30am.

how do you justify the terrible things you do? that I'm not capable of doing any better, so doing terrible things is just part of my life. If I'm going to do anything, terrible things will be wrapped up in there.

what impact do you think you have on those around you? I'm an expat parent, so for better or worse, I have a disproportionately large impact on my children.

why haven't you ended your own life? First time, an off duty police car drove under the motorway overpass, where I had climbed over the railing. He called for backup and they hauled me back over. Second time, I chickened out and called my friend. She drove me to the hospital and I had my stomach pumped. Third time, I guess I didn't have enough sleeping pills, because I just woke up again.

do you plan on it if you haven't yet? I would consider going through a legal end of life centre in a progressive European country, if I was older and beginning to succumb to dementia.

are you unsure if you want to live or die? I want to live. My kids need me right now, and will for the next 30 years, if I can hang on. It doesn't feel that great, to live, a lot of the time. But I still want to live.

Old 06-23-2018, 01:21 PM   #23
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

Life would be bullshit if it was "easy" to live. You're supposed to face demons and conquer them, it builds character and makes you stronger. If everything was handed to you on a plate, you'd kill yourself out of simple boredom.

Old 06-23-2018, 01:22 PM   #24
FoolofaTook

http://forums.netphoria.org/customav...tar34597_5.gif

Old 06-23-2018, 01:27 PM   #25
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

noyen, popping in the cesspool to say hi. Hope you’re doing alright.

:backs out slowly:

Old 06-23-2018, 01:55 PM   #26
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuzzledMuzzle View Post
Life would be bullshit if it was "easy" to live. You're supposed to face demons and conquer them, it builds character and makes you stronger. If everything was handed to you on a plate, you'd kill yourself out of simple boredom.
Fuck you.

Old 06-23-2018, 03:43 PM   #27
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sppunk View Post
noyen, popping in the cesspool to say hi. Hope you’re doing alright.

:backs out slowly:
hey pal hope you and family are doing well too. just hanging in there keeping it precarious.

Old 06-23-2018, 03:58 PM   #28
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

what is your motivation? i got asked this on my last job interview. basically, i like to learn, so it's curiosity i suppose. and i like to help other people. i also lied and said something about my family to not seem like a psychopath. but really, the answer is i'm not very motivated. i guess i have hope that things will get better.
why do you get up in the morning? work, chores.
what are you sleeping for? i have no choice.
how do you justify the terrible things you do? i try not to justify them and to keep them to the absolute minimum i can. but that is still a great deal and i won't forget that
what impact do you think you have on those around you? minimal
why haven't you ended your own life? psych medications making me care just enough to not want to hurt other people/leave my cat without me
do you plan on it if you haven't yet? i have fantasies about it and would if it got as bad as it used to be
are you unsure if you want to live or die? it fluctuates. i am probably going to die relatively young anyway and that sucks. but i also do want to die a lot of the time

Old 06-23-2018, 04:31 PM   #29
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
Fuck you.
Nah fuck you.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:33 PM   #30
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

smashingjj is mad cuz his life didn't go as expected and he keeps blaming others for his own failures. Oh no, my boss is rude to me and work is hard. They're bullying me. So? That sounds like every workplace ever. But no, fuck me for actually giving advice. Fuck you, man.