Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2007, 03:52 AM   #601
Mouths of Babes
Ownz

Yes, I'm very familiar with all those bands. I asked you for examples of "emotionless" lyrics from the album because I didn't think you actually listened to and knew of any. Of course, you could now always look up lyrics to the album in an effort to search for what you consider the worst line but that you were "playing Worms" and can't give any examples was telling enough for me. I just thought you brought it into a level of absurdism when your counter to show great lyricism was the Mars Volta and Flaming Lips. Mars Volta lyrics are a pretty well accepted joke and I love the Lips but that's top 3 in emotional lyric-driven music to you?

Old 10-19-2007, 03:53 AM   #602
Boseph
Ownz

Not saying that these are the holy grail of lyrics, but they are certainly not bad. Infact they are really quite lovely:

"Jumped in the river, what did I see?
Black-eyed angels swam with me
A moon full of stars and astral cars
And all the figures I used to see
All my lovers were there with me
All my past and futures
And we all went to heaven in a little row boat
There was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt"

Dissect away. Sure as hell beats "Her orifice icicles hemorrhaged by combing her torso to pile". I mean what the fuck is that?

Old 10-19-2007, 03:56 AM   #603
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayfuck
he's mostly been under the radar so i've been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but this thread is definitely a heel turn moment for him. i really ought to knock him down a tier or two.
you should trust me more on this. i seem to pick these bitches up on my offshore moron radar platform before anyone even notices. I was on to Effloresce being a major tool before anyone else here.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:58 AM   #604
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosEffect
Half the time his voice is so low I can't make out what he says.
that's what i kind of think is the brilliance of Kid A. there's no printed lyrics so it's kind of up to the listener to hear what they think they hear. to this day i refuse to read lyrics for any song on that album.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:04 AM   #605
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Location: Well, if it isn't my old friend, Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouths of Babes
Yes, I'm very familiar with all those bands. I asked you for examples of "emotionless" lyrics from the album because I didn't think you actually listened to and knew of any. Of course, you could now always look up lyrics to the album in an effort to search for what you consider the worst line but that you were "playing Worms" and can't give any examples was telling enough for me. I just thought you brought it into a level of absurdism when your counter to show great lyricism was the Mars Volta and Flaming Lips. Mars Volta lyrics are a pretty well accepted to joke and I love the Lips but that's top 3 in emotional lyric-driven music to you?
No, I didn't rank the bands I mentioned in terms of lyrics, mars volta would probably be last, but they produce some great lyrics amidst the random ones, writing them off as 'accepted as a joke' has nothing to do with your rationale for how you view them. And yes, I paid full attention to the music while worming. It's not on me to bring up examples, because I was talking about how the lyrics are boring (if there were any truly bad ones, I would point them out), I was inviting anyone to bring up some examples of lyrics in the album they thought were emotional.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:19 AM   #606
Mouths of Babes
Ownz

No, the point was to see whether you heard any lyrics or whether you're just being an ass. No one cares for you to critique presented lyrics. I only wondered whether you had any credibility or if it was all nonsense. Then, your tops in lyrics more or less answered that question.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:28 AM   #607
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Location: Well, if it isn't my old friend, Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouths of Babes
No, the point was to see whether you heard any lyrics or whether you're just being an ass. No one cares for you to critique presented lyrics. I only wondered whether you had any credibility or if it was all nonsense. Then, your tops in lyrics more or less answered that question.
If no one cares, I'm not going to go into it, didn't really expect anyone to. I wasn't trying to be an ass at all though. But come on, what lyrics do you like that are so superior?

Old 10-19-2007, 04:30 AM   #608
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious
you should trust me more on this. i seem to pick these bitches up on my offshore moron radar platform before anyone even notices. I was on to Effloresce being a major tool before anyone else here.
Funny enough Trotsky, the number of times you've completely misinterpreted the meaning of my posts is staggering. Literally every time I feign ignorance or use sarcasm, it passes right by you and you make a painfully idiotic comment, even though my posting is transparent to everyone else. It's like you have to be told when someone is speaking in a non-literal manner. I'm fairly sure it's intentional on your part, but it's hard to tell, since your trolling is so advanced.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:30 AM   #609
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mablak
Haha, it's possible that radiohead fans are even more defensive than pumpkins fans. I don't really see anyone defending radiohead lyrics though. I think I'll avoid criticizing this boring album further, no one is ever interested in discussing lyrics.
i'm going to listen to in rainbows again tonight and shit on you in the morning

oh that's right it's threat central and you're about to get owned brother malfkdblak

Old 10-19-2007, 10:10 AM   #610
Trotskilicious
Banned

The thing is that Radiohead doesn't really need to be defended.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #611
Anvil Hands
Ownz

This album gets better with repeated listens. I don't understand how people can say it's boring, there is some great shit happening here.

I listened to Pablo Honey this morning all the way through and it's just amazing how this band has evolved. Yes it rocks a little more but you have to apreciate where they have taken their playing. Thom is Writing waaay better lyrics as compared to songs like Vegtable or Ripchord. And lets not forget how much better his vocals sound.Some of the core aspects still present on In Rainbows can be heard in songs like creep, Prove yourself, Blow out etc. They just do it in more Mature way.

I can't really explain it properly but i can feel it when listening.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:04 PM   #612
tcm
Braindead

Arrow

In Rainbows = Pablo Honey

Full Circle

Old 10-19-2007, 05:43 PM   #613
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

in rainbows = gish

discuss.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:11 PM   #614
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

in rainbows = out rainbows

discuss.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:12 PM   #615
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfritters
in rainbows = out rainbows

discuss.
this easily makes it into the top 15,000 stupidest things ever said on this board.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:12 PM   #616
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

Quote:
this easily makes it into the top 15,000 stupidest things ever said on this board.
so does this.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:19 PM   #617
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you

i didn't listen to it. i went to sleep.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:42 PM   #618
Väinämöinen
Pledge

the whole music geek scene is balls deep in the tar-baby that is admiring radiohead... they will never escape overrating it, despite feeble efforts here and there such as saying that one album(following a perfectly random distribution) or another blows

Old 10-20-2007, 01:26 PM   #619
Trotskilicious
Banned

hello alex. please leave again.

Old 10-20-2007, 02:10 PM   #620
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

yesterday i woke up sucking a lemonparty

Old 10-22-2007, 06:59 PM   #621
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Talking

Quote:
yesterday i woke up sucking a lemonparty
i dont know if it was intentional or not, but you ripped off my joke from about 6 months ago

down to the last letter!

Old 10-22-2007, 07:01 PM   #622
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

on a side note, i would like to let netphoria know that the album's really starting to click for me.
all i need-faust arp-the reckoner-house of cards is fucking brilliant.
four crushingly beautiful songs in a row, feels like the old days
its definitely a good record that could have been just a bit better, but what the hey

Old 10-22-2007, 07:03 PM   #623
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

haha, nah i just thought that up after those bitches at mt banned me for linking to lemonparty.