Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2007, 11:03 AM   #841
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySlash
What do you think the farthest a paper airplane that you have made has flown?
You can't quantify such a thing - they are propelled by hopes and dreams.

Old 01-28-2007, 12:40 PM   #842
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

i feel so ignored

Old 01-28-2007, 12:49 PM   #843
???
Minion of Satan

i finally gave in and decided to look in this thread

Old 01-28-2007, 02:31 PM   #844
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

Quote:
Heh. I like that story.

Have you ever done any flaming shots?
is this some sort of gay joke?

yes, i've done flaming shots a few times. nothing like floating some 151 and lighting it up for that last bit of panache

Old 01-28-2007, 03:11 PM   #845
Mo
Immortal

Quote:
What's the funniest picture you've ever seen (and not a photoshop- something "natural")?
Tough question.
Probably some lame fun pic. I don't know.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:25 PM   #846
Effloresce
Banned

ok

Old 01-28-2007, 03:40 PM   #847
ChristHimself!
mental problems angel

Quote:
What the funniest joke you've heard recently?
I haven't heard a really funny straightforward joke for years.. No one I know tells jokes anymore.. A lot of my mates are funny bastards but they don't recite jokes.. I've found the mighty boosh hilarious of late, but it's not so much joke based as character based, surreal gags.

Quote:
Have you ever been to a Broadway (or the equivalent in London) production? If more than one, what was your favorite?
I went to see Rent in new york, as much as I thought I'd hate it, I actually ended up really enjoying it. I think I have that gay musical liking gene and I've just never explored it, there's some sort of cheese filled rush from watching a well produced musical that's almost like watching Rocky, except camp as fuck, and it makes you feel guilty for liking it, because it's so saccharine.

There's not much on in the way of decent musicals or theatre, I saw a couple of good plays at last year's Edinburgh festival though, including an awesome version of the tempest put on by a really small amateur company. I was too late for tickets for Shakespeare On A Bouncy Castle, though

Old 01-28-2007, 03:43 PM   #848
???
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristHimself!
there's some sort of cheese filled rush from watching a well produced musical that's almost like watching Rocky, except camp as fuck

Old 01-28-2007, 05:12 PM   #849
Shapan
Socialphobic

Quote:
You, know, I think I've achieved that, in a sense, already. Some of you may remember the story in 2005 of the fire in my apartment building and me pulling a guy out of his apartment during it. Unfortunatly he ended up passing away a couple weeks later. For awhile I didn't hear anything from anyone about it, and I was completely fine with that. Around Christmas of that year his sister called me up and asked if I'd be willing to sit down with her and her husband and discuss everything. We did and it was cathartic for both parties. In a completely strange coincidence, a few months later I happened to be at the same place her and her husband were at, and they were there specifically to celebrate his birthday. To her, me being there at the same time, purely by coincidence, was a message for her that things are OK. We met again a few months ago and had another nice, long conversation. She writes a bit, and is writing a story loosely based on her brother and her experiences. She read me a passage that night that involved the fire and the aftermath, and of course my part in it and her healing. To say it was moving is an understatement. I cried, even. It was... something else, and I'll probably never experience something like that again.

Now, the whole point of relaying this is, I will be remembered by her and her family for giving them the opportunity to say goodbye. She's even putting this down on paper, where someone, years and years from now, might read it. That one simple action on that day in 2005 meant the world to her, and is something she will not ever forget. For me, that's more than enough.
wow, awesome, i hadnt heard about that. definitely a moment you'd want to be remembered for.

Old 01-29-2007, 04:33 AM   #850
murgle
Shaz doesn't fuck around.

Quote:
:/

He's gold.

What are the best and worst things about being in Texas?

I've never been out of Texas for an extremely significant amount of time (meaning more than 2 weeks, or so) in the past decade, so it's hard to compare... but one of the worst things is probably the stereotyping. Everyone believes that we're all stupid, or country, or cowboys, or whatever. We're not. And when I meet people that fit the stereotype, I cringe. a lot. Oh, Texas Hair is bad too. Damn that Texas Hair.

One of the best things is the vast amount of Dr. Pepper available pretty much anywhere (except certain movie theatres and restaurants), and it's GOOD Dr. Pepper. Another think I like about being in Texas is that we can kind of do what we want. If we misprounce something, and someone corrects us, we can say, "Eh, whatever. I'm Texan- I'll say it how I want" hah.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:12 AM   #851
ammy
yer mom

Quote:
Oh, man, that's terrible! You can't even come up with 5-10 songs you'd want to hear? Married and being a mom has made you boring!

yeah, it is. but i was thinking more along the lines of you wanting songs i was passionate about. i guess as just a list of songs SP played that i want to hear i'd go with...
X.Y.U from the Edge show in.. 2000?
You're All I've Got Tonight
Speed Kills - machina 2 version
Eye

Old 01-29-2007, 02:43 PM   #852
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

Quote:

Have you ever watched any of the Police Academy movies?
No, but that guy who does all the funny noises came to one of the local comedy clubs in my town. He's really funny.

Old 01-29-2007, 03:18 PM   #853
KrazeeStacee

Quote:
You should both do it if he's sitting between you. BELCHES.... IN STEREO!

Was this guy's punishment sufficient? Don't read it if you're in a good mood.
I know it took me a while to get to this one but I was in a good mood last week and haven't been around since then.

I think he should definitely get the 12 months in jail...personally I think it should be more but 12 months in jail would scare me enough if I were him. And I really like the whole not being able to own a pet ever again. This needs to be a bigger deal - this would be a step in the right direction to cut down on some of the dog fighting...obviously if these assholes are going to break the law they're going to break the law - but more and more states are pushing for laws that make animal cruelty a felony and also it'll help put the ones that continue to break the law behind bars, where they belong.

(and yeah, belching in stereo is a good idea, I'll have to run that one by Tina )

Old 01-29-2007, 03:20 PM   #854
jenniferkate
bitch please.

Quote:
Po-tay-to or Po-tah-to?
po-tay-to!

Old 01-29-2007, 03:23 PM   #855
jenniferkate
bitch please.

Quote:
What is your favorite hairstyle you've had?
probably when it was to my shoulders with really short bangs, kinda bettie page style

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Bet...C12105633.jpeg

Old 01-29-2007, 03:24 PM   #856
jenniferkate
bitch please.

Quote:
Did you return any gifts from your Christmas this year?
yup, i've been meaning to return some dvds that i already owned, but i keep forgetting what i did with the receipt

Old 01-29-2007, 03:25 PM   #857
twice
Socialphobic

a girl with those pretty bangs in red hue shared her book with me in my french class once and ever since i can't stop thinking she's like you, jk.

Old 01-29-2007, 04:18 PM   #858
Shapan
Socialphobic

thats not too great a pic of bettie page, but she's a fucking fox.