Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2021, 01:11 AM   #1
deadlecturer
Pledge

Default Will WPC comment on MM?

Hey you guys, so much Manson news lately. I know folks are busy these days but have you read about the accusations? MM's wife is really James's wife's sister??? Should WPC release a statement? Kindly discuss thanks.

Old 02-08-2021, 03:38 AM   #2
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

B'arcy will release a statement that either a) somehow makes him or MM a victim or b) somehow makes himself seem intelligent. He won't make a statement unless he gains something.

Under these conditions, who cares what he says

Old 02-08-2021, 06:11 AM   #3
slippedonshoe
Pledge

In our metoo culture, he's gonna have to speak up. Either be for MM or against MM.
https://youtu.be/WUtPTTHpOec

Old 02-08-2021, 06:28 AM   #4
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

It would be appropriate for him to do so.

It would be good PR for him to do so.

And yet past behavior suggests he won't.

Make of that what you will.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:51 AM   #5
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
But let's not forget the very real and important point that these accusations are part of a wider cultural awakening that I - whether in song, through my work in wrestling or speaking as a cultural icon - have been talking about for years.

My heart goes out to these women, obviously, and you know this raises an extremely important point about how do we confront tragedy and how we confront abuse. We, you know, we're working on a rock opera album. A sequel to both Mellon Collie - which we've just had a big anniversary on - and Machina - we're putting the finishing touches to a big deluxe remastered, reimagined SKU on that - and I think if you go out and buy Mellon Collie and the new Machina and the new record you'll be surprised about how much they have to say about tragedy and abuse.
prob

Old 02-08-2021, 07:08 AM   #6
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

The fact a guy like MM is the subject of such unsubstantiated allegations really looks messy and has neopuritanism written all over it.

I mean, have you ever read The Long Hard Road Out of Hell? The so called Deaf Groupie story?

These guys were savages and today they are the easiest targets.

Old 02-08-2021, 07:12 AM   #7
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
The fact a guy like MM is the subject of such unsubstantiated allegations really looks messy and has neopuritanism written all over it.

I mean, have you ever read The Long Hard Road Out of Hell? The so called Deaf Groupie story?

EEEEEeeerrrrrrrrr

Old 02-08-2021, 07:47 AM   #8
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

I don't know where to start with this take.

Unless it's an impression of a statement Billy might make, in which case 10/10 well done.

Old 02-08-2021, 08:14 AM   #9
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxUpDoc View Post

Unless it's an impression of a statement Billy might make, in which case 10/10 well done.

Unless it's an impression of a statement Corey Feldman might make, in which case 10/10 well done.

Old 02-08-2021, 08:35 AM   #10
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

Unless it's an impression of a statement Corey Feldman might make, in which case 10/10 well done.
You are a class act.

Sorry, a clown act.

Old 02-08-2021, 08:53 AM   #11
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
You are a class act.

Sorry, a clown act.
That's emotional abuse.

Old 02-08-2021, 07:47 AM   #12
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

He won't comment, it's far too messy considering they played together & were pals in 2015, the James connection, etc. It's more likely he's hoping it will pass without getting dragged into it. Some of the women involved are also linked to the Pumpkins, Billy has liked some of their posts detailing what happened on Instagram which I suspect is as much as we'll get from him at the moment.

It's also probably a thread he wouldn't want to pull at. I doubt there's anything on this scale but god knows what he got up to in the 90s at the height of the money/power, I'm sure there were some ridiculous groupie situations/girls he treated badly at some point. The Devi Ever/transphobia stuff doesn't exactly paint him in a great light alongside Darcy essentially calling him abusive

Last edited by New Art Rioter : 02-08-2021 at 08:11 AM.

Old 02-08-2021, 08:34 AM   #13
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Art Rioter View Post
He won't comment, it's far too messy considering they played together & were pals in 2015, the James connection, etc. It's more likely he's hoping it will pass without getting dragged into it

It's also probably a thread he wouldn't want to pull at. I doubt there's anything on this scale but god knows what he got up to in the 90s at the height of the money/power, I'm sure there were some ridiculous groupie situations/girls he treated badly at some point
I agree, but it's also something he could head-off, if there is anything that could come out.

Not saying he's done anything as bad as MM, though it's easy to imagine he was a huge asshole.

Removed the rest of post as not relevant.

Last edited by VoxUpDoc : 02-09-2021 at 04:34 AM.

Old 02-08-2021, 08:55 AM   #14
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I agree, but it's also something he could head-off by apologizing for past behavior and speaking out about how he'd changed as a family man, the culture of being rock star has changed etc - it's better he owned it.

The suspicion is not that he's done stuff as bad as MM, though it's easy to imagine he was a huge asshole, but that he still doesn't see what's wrong with acting that way. He's pals with misogynista Neil Strauss and married someone young enough to be his daughter. There was a time the media and newspapers would celebrate that as though it were a perk of the profession - that an ageing millionaire rocker was desirable to young women... but the culture has shifted and it is almost always viewed as unhealthy or exploitative. Does super wealth change that? To a degree, maybe. I doubt many people would consider their early 20's as being a time they were equipped to make sensible long-term life choices - but it doesn't mean it can't work and all parties are consenting adults, it's ultimately none of our business.

Bill may not want to address these things out of protecting his family's privacy, fear of being misunderstood or accused - but it would do a lot of good for his image if he could own up to past shittiness and embrace progressive values - he might find a more profitable audience out there than Alex Jones and Howard Stern.
Wow what a fucking puritan! The figure of the family man as the reformed, respectful individual. Dude really, fuck you.

Old 02-08-2021, 09:36 AM   #15
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Wow what a fucking puritan! The figure of the family man as the reformed, respectful individual. Dude really, fuck you.
Are you still doing a bit?

In one sentence you say "unsubstantiated" allegations, and yet 3 sentences later have him owned up as a "savage" who documented abusive behavior.

The line of consensual vs non-consensual can be abused, even the deaf groupie story is literally about escalating the boundaries of consent post-act in an increasingly degrading way. And the allegations of those coming forward are clearly non-consensual and believable.

So really, fuck you.

Old 02-08-2021, 09:53 AM   #16
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
In one sentence you say "unsubstantiated" allegations, and yet 3 sentences later have him owned up as a "savage" who documented abusive behavior.

The line of consensual vs non-consensual can be abused, even the deaf groupie story is literally about escalating the boundaries of consent post-act in an increasingly degrading way. And the allegations of those coming forward are clearly non-consensual and believable.
LMAO the fact that savage practices can exist in a context of consensual adults doesn't even cross your mind, does it?

Again, the thing is it's not up to you to decide what's degrading or not when adults are involved. Your morals are just that. Yours.

And btw Corey Haim was THE shit.

Old 02-08-2021, 11:29 AM   #17
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

The suspicion is not that he's done stuff as bad as MM, though it's easy to imagine he was a huge asshole, but that he still doesn't see what's wrong with acting that way. He's pals with misogynista Neil Strauss and married someone young enough to be his daughter.
He never married airplane mode.

Old 02-08-2021, 08:24 AM   #18
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Marilyn Manson, by his own admission, treats women badly. Which makes him a perfect target for false accusations of abuse by women that he's publicly spoke about or hinted at abusing.

Old 02-08-2021, 09:02 AM   #19
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubator View Post
Marilyn Manson, by his own admission, treats women badly. Which makes him a perfect target for false accusations of abuse by women that he's publicly spoke about or hinted at abusing.
Totally agree. The line must be consensual Vs nonconsensual.

Old 02-08-2021, 09:26 AM   #20
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Totally agree. The line must be consensual Vs nonconsensual.
Exactly. And how do you even define "consent"? The guy lives in a 1 party consent state (for recording telephone calls)! But the libs never mention THAT!

Old 02-08-2021, 08:24 AM   #21
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

It's the perfect crime.

Old 02-08-2021, 09:20 AM   #22
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

LOL@WPCs "past behavior". LOL just LOL if you think he's ever done ANYTHING with a fan/groupie. He used to make them wait outside or ignore them while he masturbated because "I know how I want it done and it's better / easier if I do it myself"

Old 02-08-2021, 09:39 AM   #23
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
LOL@WPCs "past behavior". LOL just LOL if you think he's ever done ANYTHING with a fan/groupie. He used to make them wait outside or ignore them while he masturbated because "I know how I want it done and it's better / easier if I do it myself"
You know the guy so well.

Old 02-08-2021, 09:43 AM   #24
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Guys, you got me! I'm one of these puritans that doesn't rape my girlfriend with an electric cattle prod, doesn't shove a GoPro up the skirt of female acquaintances or doesn't piss in a deaf girls mouth. I'm just that much of a square LOL!

Old 02-08-2021, 10:07 AM   #25
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

I don't think it's any shocking revelation he's an abusive dick

The question more relevant to this board should be that Corgan has enough links/insider info to have heard these stories himself way before we did, so why did he associate with him so much in 2014/2015?

Old 02-08-2021, 10:15 AM   #26
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

WPC wouldn’t necessarily know. They’re real people not a soap opera.

Old 02-08-2021, 10:22 AM   #27
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Some people probably think rockstars high five each other while banging girls in the dressing room.

Old 02-08-2021, 10:26 AM   #28
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Ashley Walters is one of the women claiming abuse. She worked for Manson around 2010 and is friends with Linda and was in the Run 2 Me video. It would be naive to think that stories would not be shared

Old 02-08-2021, 11:47 AM   #29
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Art Rioter View Post
Ashley Walters is one of the women claiming abuse. She worked for Manson around 2010 and is friends with Linda and was in the Run 2 Me video. It would be naive to think that stories would not be shared
How often do people share stories of domestic violence and sexual assault in your workplace

Old 02-08-2021, 11:54 AM   #30
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
How often do people share stories of domestic violence and sexual assault in your workplace
Earlier when you said this:

Quote:
It was so absurd I assumed you were ripping the piss out of TheAlter.

But based on your subsequent replies I'm beginning to think you were sincere and oblivious to how batshit and victim-blaming this logic is.