Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > Music News and Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2020, 10:02 PM   #421
houseofglass11
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatvegetable View Post
Why are you laughing out loud loud loud loud loud loud, you thick as pigshit moron?

Do you remember on that facebook group several people chiming in and saying gimme TMD over any pumpkins from the last 10 years?

There's 10% wet, two second reverb on my vocals, you utter cunt.

What are these fonts youre talking about, you abject little shit?

P. S,
I love you.
Please use more expletives it really gets your point across. Those people must be fucking deaf. Lolllllll

Itís funny how totally risible -you- are. I would never listen to your band based on artwork alone. Just dreadful. I know this will really get under your skin too. Youíre really gonna stew about this for a while. My work is done here.

Old 10-06-2020, 11:37 PM   #422
MyKeyZ
Ownz

I wouldn't call White Pony nu-metal. Their earlier stuff, yes. The label forced them to make Back To School, a track that forces a nu metal sound that was missing from WP, after the album was released. The real White Pony album is the un-label molested version sans Back To School. It was a slimy label move to make the album seem nu metal when it really wasn't. There is no rap rock on the real White Pony. White Pony is where Deftones perfected their own sound and no other band has matched it. I'm sure the hardcore rap rock nu metal kids who first heard Back To School would've been disappointed thinking that's the style of the album. It's kinda the Ava Adore of White Pony, but tacked on after the fact.

Old 10-07-2020, 07:00 AM   #423
smashingjj
that person

Old 10-07-2020, 08:41 AM   #424
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Please use more expletives it really gets your point across. Those people must be fucking deaf. Lolllllll

Itís funny how totally risible -you- are. I would never listen to your band based on artwork alone. Just dreadful. I know this will really get under your skin too. Youíre really gonna stew about this for a while. My work is done here.
I think you've mistaken me for someone else.

Old 10-09-2020, 02:16 PM   #425
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyZ View Post
These things predate Adore and go back to Mellon Collie/AFH era with tracks like Beautiful, We Only Come Out At Night, Love, 1979, Isolation, Destination Unknown where they pushed programmed beats/samples, synths, etc. There's even a synth version of Zero. Adore is just the continuation of the lighter, mellower side of Mellon Collie. Each album felt like a progression from the last up until Machina. Machina tries to take two steps back. Kinda like Ohms.
There's synth work, yes, but the presence of a synth alone isn't indicative of a cohesive direction. You don't get to something like Home without going through stuff like Tear or Pug first. It's about the way that they put them together, and yes, you can trace the journey to Adore from the elements introduced in MCIS. That's obvious.

Put it this way: Could you picture 'Home' or 'The Sacred + Profane' on MCIS? Answer is nope.

Old 10-09-2020, 02:20 PM   #426
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Question

What if I answer yes? What then?

Old 10-09-2020, 08:17 PM   #427
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 10-09-2020, 08:40 PM   #428
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
There's synth work, yes, but the presence of a synth alone isn't indicative of a cohesive direction. You don't get to something like Home without going through stuff like Tear or Pug first. It's about the way that they put them together, and yes, you can trace the journey to Adore from the elements introduced in MCIS. That's obvious.

Put it this way: Could you picture 'Home' or 'The Sacred + Profane' on MCIS? Answer is nope.
If We Only Come Out at Night wasn't on Mellon Collie, people would be saying the same thing. That album is so sprawling and all over the place (in a good way) that pretty much all of their songs could've been on it.

I mean compare WOCOAT night to Tales of a Scorched Earth then that to 1979 and so on.

Old 10-10-2020, 11:33 PM   #429
Joey Goldberg
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: in the line for drinks (or is it just tickets to buy the drinks?)

can't we just randomly compare it to Deftones like y'all have for some reason been doin' over the last 4-5 pages in this thread? seems like a good time

Old 10-29-2020, 02:11 PM   #430
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatvegetable View Post
WOCOAT
We Only Come Out At Tights?

Anyway, I'm really looking at this more in terms of like production. Yeah, MCIS is such a sprawling album that any of their songs could have been on it in theory, but my point was about how things sound and feel as opposed to the song structure - even if they were, they would have sounded different.

Anyway I finally fucking got my LP of ohms in the mail yesterday with the zine whooo

Old 11-03-2020, 07:06 PM   #431
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: Iíve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Hot take:

Ohms sucked.

Come. At. Me.

Old 11-03-2020, 07:07 PM   #432
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: Iíve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Took, pls.

Old 11-03-2020, 07:07 PM   #433
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

No, I mean, Took pls come at me.

Old 11-03-2020, 07:07 PM   #434
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Come at me.

Old 11-03-2020, 07:08 PM   #435
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Old 11-03-2020, 07:44 PM   #436
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Ok sucked is a bit of hyperb0lly but this thing did not rock me like I needed it to.

I would compare it to Fargo S4. It's fine on its own merits, but I waited so long for this?

Old 11-03-2020, 08:16 PM   #437
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Ok sucked is a bit of hyperb0lly but this thing did not rock me like I needed it to.

I would compare it to Fargo S4. It's fine on its own merits, but I waited so long for this?
Totally with you. Although I have not a clue what Fargo S4 is.

Old 11-03-2020, 08:20 PM   #438
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Season 4

Old 11-03-2020, 08:20 PM   #439
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

of Fargo

Old 11-03-2020, 08:20 PM   #440
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Feat. Chris Rock

Old 11-03-2020, 08:20 PM   #441
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

and the old drummer from Phantom Planet

Old 11-04-2020, 02:20 AM   #442
Joey Goldberg
Apocalyptic Poster

your first post alone in this series of bullshit makes me not miss you one BIT, llama man

FUCK YOU

Old 11-04-2020, 02:26 AM   #443
Joey Goldberg
Apocalyptic Poster

go think about your transgressions & generally feel bad about yourself in that corner over there for at least a week, then we can discuss the meaning of life, the current US presidential election and, most importantly, the artist VALOUR of newest Deftones album OHMS youabsolutesonofabitch

Old 11-04-2020, 08:23 AM   #444
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Sorry bro, I have standers. It's not that it's bad music. It's well produced, but it sounds like the band recorded whatever came to mind during a weeklong jam sesh and had Terry Date step up to the plate and work his magic. The songs, the hooks just aren't there. And Chino honestly sounds annoying in some of the tunes. Don't know what happened, but this ain't muh Deftones!

Old 11-04-2020, 08:23 AM   #445
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

I'm going to blame Fargo S4 on coronavirus run amok.

Old 11-04-2020, 08:24 AM   #446
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

And also maybe that Jack Black looking motherfuck.

Old 11-08-2020, 06:11 PM   #447
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

the more i listen to ohms the more i like it

fuckin thing rules /billoreilly

Old 11-08-2020, 10:16 PM   #448
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

I can’t stop listening to Ohms
This is probably my favorite Deftones album

Old 11-09-2020, 02:31 PM   #449
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

really?

Old 11-09-2020, 02:31 PM   #450
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Not me, not with White Pony, Diamond Eyes and Around the Fur still on the shelf. Glad everyone else is enjoying it though.