Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
No she didn't play on machina 2.

Machina II/The Friends & Enemies of Modern Music
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machin...f_Modern_Music

"Near the conclusion of the Machina sessions, it was Billy Corgan's wish to release a double album of material, but Virgin Records was unwilling to do that following the disappointing sales of Adore. After the release and poor sales of the single-disc Machina/The Machines of God, Corgan then wanted to release the second Machina album separately, but Virgin declined to do this as well. The band nonetheless returned to the Chicago Recording Company in July 2000 to finish what would become Machina II/The Friends & Enemies of Modern Music, which was subsequently released on Corgan's own label Constantinople Records."

As most of the recordings for Machina -part 2 of the double album- had been done already in 1999, you can be sure that D'arcy is on some of the tracks.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:42 PM   #152
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Exactly.

Corgan laid down a few bass tracks for songs that were not completed before D'arcy left, or were written afterwards, but D'arcy plays on the majority of the album.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:56 PM   #153
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Flood:

Quote:
Sadly Darcy's presence on Machina declined over the first 3 months of recording. This meant we had to completely rethink and redo everything. James did play some of the bass tracks
Quote:
Machina sounds so different for the pumpkins because we basically had to record it twice

Old 05-29-2018, 04:58 PM   #154
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

"James did play some of the bass tracks"

Old 05-29-2018, 05:03 PM   #155
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Cause Billy plays some of the bass as well.

Only a few songs survived from the first recordings while Darcy was still around. Slow Dawn is one of them.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:18 PM   #156
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Amazing how much influence D'arcy had at least in the end...

According to Wikipedia:

Machina I:
Billy Corgan – vocals, guitar, bass guitar, keyboards, piano
James Iha – guitar, bass guitar
D'arcy Wretzky – bass guitar
Jimmy Chamberlin – drums

Machina II:
Billy Corgan – vocals, guitars, bass, keyboards, piano
James Iha – guitars, vocals on "Go"
D'Arcy Wretzky – bass guitar
Jimmy Chamberlin – drums, percussion

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...3/Spgatmog.jpg

Old 05-29-2018, 05:24 PM   #157
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Oh, Wikipedia. Right.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:34 PM   #158
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

They had 18 years to develop their description...

Old 05-29-2018, 05:35 PM   #159
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

"They"

Old 05-29-2018, 10:20 PM   #160
jakobtheliar
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
Let's debate about this forever!
Lol I agree.....
But....
Forgotten Corgan or whatever his name is, is truly forgetting a gigantic thing.
The massive tour was already booked without her involved and live Nation probably knew that she would be onboard in the Adler way.
Tour was booked. You do not, cannot just book a massive arena tour in a few days or so.
Billy and Jimmy were recording in LA. D'Arcy got pissed like the rest of us did when the pictures came out via social media. When it was obvious it wasn't going to be a family like crogan said. The relationships are not as important as $$$$ to him.

He's desperate. He wants to be somewhere between a Kardashian and a mega rock star. Fame ruined him. Or maybe he's always been this way but the guy has chased the dragon of Fame over and over.

He reeks of desperation when he constantly talks of never getting enough credit. I played the bass on today. The way they handled the D'Arcy thing was abhorrent. Linda pukeberrys fucking fake concern.

Seriously fuck this band. I've been a fan since 1993. I saw the 2015 tour just to see Jimmy and now I'm like fuck him and James. Sell out douchebags.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:34 PM   #161
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
"They"
Probably better than one knowing the ultimate truth...

Old 05-29-2018, 11:39 PM   #162
bright_doom
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobtheliar View Post
Seriously fuck this band. I've been a fan since 1993. I saw the 2015 tour just to see Jimmy and now I'm like fuck him and James. Sell out douchebags.
We understand your enthusiasm.

Old 05-30-2018, 02:18 AM   #163
jakobtheliar
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright_doom View Post
We understand your enthusiasm.
Having said that.... can't wait for whatever this solara car is

Old 05-30-2018, 03:43 AM   #164
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobtheliar View Post
The relationships are not as important as $$$$ to him.

Fame ruined him. Or maybe he's always been this way but the guy has chased the dragon of Fame over and over.

He reeks of desperation when he constantly talks of never getting enough credit. I played the bass on today.
Yes

Yes

Yes

Old 06-12-2018, 02:40 PM   #165
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Default Billy talks to Lars Ulrich/Howard Stern about D'arcy

D'arcy (Alternative Nation interview):

Quote:
He says that he’s invited me to come out and play for all of these things, which is a complete lie. He’s never invited me to anything.
Quote:
He would never invite me, but he told me that it didn’t happen. He said that I was invited to do all of this stuff, and that I said later, later, later. There was only one thing that was later, later, later, that I had invited him to come out to my farm. He never invited me to his house ever to meet his girlfriend or his son, nothing.
https://www.alternativenation.net/sm...w-in-20-years/

vs

Billy (Howard Stern interview):

Quote:
And then when I would try get in a room with her...cause she only lives about an hour and a half from where I live...I'd say 'I'll come up and visit you'...it never would happen.
Quote:
The concerns that I had...because I couldn't get her in a room...I didn't know the state of her mind...I didn't know the state of her body...I didn't know the state of her ability to play...

Old 06-12-2018, 02:41 PM   #166
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Billys wording is actually quite clever here...

Old 06-12-2018, 02:41 PM   #167
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Very politician..

Old 06-12-2018, 02:43 PM   #168
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

he's nothing but a body in his mind, but she's a body and a mind in his mind

Old 06-12-2018, 02:49 PM   #169
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

They're both saying the same thing.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:59 PM   #170
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

I was actually surprised to hear Billy hint that maybe someday they could work it out, though he thought it was doubtful. Much more hopeful than 'the bridge is burned forever.'

When it comes to the invites, it's tough to say. Either one of them could have interpreted a text or something as not being a concrete invitation, especially since on D'arcy's end it seemed like she never fully got over her issues with Billy and maybe didn't fully trust him.

I still stand by the fact that they never should have had contract discussions without meeting face to face, that should have been something they both made sure happened before Live Nation came into the picture. I still think it's stupid that the Live Nation offer was the ultimate catalyst for playing together, it should have been, 'Let's play a show at the Metro and see how it goes.'

Old 06-12-2018, 03:06 PM   #171
Hummer17
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
he's nothing but a body in his mind, but she's a body and a mind in his mind

Old 06-12-2018, 03:20 PM   #172
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Angry

It's insanely good that we're going to be talking about this exclusively until the end of fucking time

Old 06-12-2018, 03:34 PM   #173
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
It's insanely good that we're going to be talking about this exclusively until the end of fucking time
Until the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame force them to perform together in 5 years, and they get a big enough tour offer to tolerate each other again for a summer!

Old 06-12-2018, 05:04 PM   #174
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

The stuff Darcy said in the interview unrelated to the actual alleged invitations confirms everything I suspected about Billy, and seriously damages his credibility as far as his side of the story goes. We are talking about a guy who felt like he needed to validate Mozart because he had a hit album here.

Also let’s not forget the extremely compromising photo of Darcy that surfaced shorty after Darcy blew the whistle on SP, and Linda Strawberry’s tacit approval of that leak being used to throw her under the bus.

Even Jimmys oddly diplomatic comment to Billy about the ordeal (“this whole thing just shows it was never gonna work anyway”) is very telling in what information he leaves out of the statement. Doesn’t that sound like what you say to your divorced friend when you know he fucked but you still want to be supportive?

There are just so many things pointing to “Billy is a prick” here and literally nothing pointing to “Darcy is a liar.”

Old 06-12-2018, 05:11 PM   #175
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

I am with Billy here. It makes way more sense.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:04 PM   #176
paranoid
Minion of Satan

We can endlessly argue about who to believe, but even when billy was speaking about how good things were going between them (which I felt was genuine on his part), I had always had a gut feeling she was indeed not coming back.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:21 PM   #177
swagmunch
Amish Rake Fighter

I believe Billy on this one. D'arcy was the one that came out to all the press to talk shit about Billy. Billy kept his head out of it for a bit until he had to. Also I am even more on Billy's side after she did a little Reddit AMA on the Smashing Pumpkins Reddit. She was talking all this shit like "Willy hasn't made a good song in 20 years" but then she would say "I haven't heard any of his new music". She just kept bad mouthing him and the tour, just trying to ruin it for everyone.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:27 PM   #178
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagmunch View Post
I believe Billy on this one. D'arcy was the one that came out to all the press to talk shit about Billy. Billy kept his head out of it for a bit until he had to. Also I am even more on Billy's side after she did a little Reddit AMA on the Smashing Pumpkins Reddit. She was talking all this shit like "Willy hasn't made a good song in 20 years" but then she would say "I haven't heard any of his new music". She just kept bad mouthing him and the tour, just trying to ruin it for everyone.
That was not the real D'arcy on Reddit.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:37 PM   #179
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagmunch View Post
Nothing Billy would ever do.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:38 PM   #180
swagmunch
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
That was not the real D'arcy on Reddit.
Maybe, but she did post about horses on some other reddit before the AMA and she was on the reddit a few times before the AMA. Also the name was one she used on the old chat boards.

Last edited by swagmunch : 06-12-2018 at 06:43 PM.