Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 07-15-2002, 05:14 PM   #31
RumoredToTheS&N

Talking

i'll be glad to pitch in $20 or so if it'll help. if the video is dark or whatever, i can do color correction to make it more viewable.

Old 07-15-2002, 05:16 PM   #32
thestreetsarehot2night

-Everyone might as well start mailing me with EXACTLY how much they will be willing to chip in for these videos. Example: "I will contribute $10 for video 1 and $15 for video 2." I would like to get a tally of what we are up to. I don't think these will be a problem if we pull together.
[/b][/quote]

We should agree a set amount it is the fairest way to do it.

Old 07-15-2002, 05:25 PM   #33
Jeroen (Aagje)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard D. James:
Hmmm...I guess trust is something you have to earn, and that's fine.
FWIW, I'll say that I know and trust Greg http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif
(People with the power of deduction might want to check out the 891031 NSPAA SHN thing info file http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif )

Unfortunately, due to severe lack of funds, that's all I'm able to chip in for now http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif

Be blissed
Jeroen
np: Portishead - Pedestal

------------------
They pound pumpkins not out of malice or recreation, but because they savor the gourds' slippery, seedy innards, their gold-orange skins and their firm yellow flesh as well. And they are happily ignorant of all wordplay about pumpkins and rock bands.

Smashing Pumpkins into Small Piles of Putrid Debris: All the pumpkins of the world cower in fear again, as another Halloween approaches. As always, they are destined to be culinarily transformed into grotesque icons of a pagan tradition. Their only hope was to steal all of Earth's candles and take them away to the distant pumpkin planet, Pumpkinia.

[This message has been edited by Jeroen (Aagje) (edited 07-15-2002).]

Old 07-15-2002, 05:30 PM   #34
Halteh

Greg's a great guy and very trustworthy. None of you have any reason to doubt him and I assure you that you are all in good hands if you just trust him. He's been around for a long time now and know what he's doing. He's not some 15 year old wanker using his mothers computer. You guys have nothing to worry about. He's leeter than all of our combined forces, Hell all of you should take a minute and thank god that he's blessed us with his presence.

In response to what you said Glued on Wings, Yes I can organize, but why make things more confusing when he'a already agreed? It looks like these vids my go high so I strongly suggest you just email him sayig how much you'd be "willing" to chip in. Once the auction closes and he wins, he will simply take the total of amount of interested people and divide it by the cost of the videos and BAM!! we have our grand total. It really shouldn't end up costing any one person to much money if we have enough interest. Once Greg has the videos he will simply ship them off to the appropriate people who can make copies on whatever media (i can do shns) and people can just b+p to one another.

I'd be easily willing to put in 10-20 bux. Imagine if there were 20-40 ppl like me? we can easily sum up a large amount and not have anyone end up paying a ton. And if turner is willing to compete with say 50 people who are willing to pay some money, well he better put more auctions up on ebay cos it will probably end up costing him a pretty penny.

------------------
"the guy's probably got a chart of leetness sitting by his computer where he keeps track of who's better than who" - bk
Fares Halteh - Halteh3 AT rogers DOT com L33+ Trading Page

[This message has been edited by Halteh (edited 07-15-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Halteh (edited 07-17-2002).]

Old 07-15-2002, 05:31 PM   #35
Halteh

Quote:
Originally posted by thestreetsarehot2night:

-Everyone might as well start mailing me with EXACTLY how much they will be willing to chip in for these videos. Example: "I will contribute $10 for video 1 and $15 for video 2." I would like to get a tally of what we are up to. I don't think these will be a problem if we pull together.
We should agree a set amount it is the fairest way to do it.

[/b][/quote]

We can't set an amount till we know what the vids go for. For now, just email him and tell him what the most you'd be willing to put in is. That doesn't mean you will be required to put that much up in (refer to previous post)

------------------
"the guy's probably got a chart of leetness sitting by his computer where he keeps track of who's better than who" - bk

Old 07-15-2002, 05:36 PM   #36
darcy_is_sexy

I'm in for $5 on each video. Sorry, I don't have anything more. These sound like a great find and it would be a damn shame to let them fall into the h0arding circle.

Old 07-15-2002, 05:38 PM   #37
Halteh

Quote:
Originally posted by darcy_is_sexy:
I'm in for $5 on each video. Sorry, I don't have anything more. These sound like a great find and it would be a damn shame to let them fall into the h0arding circle.
Excellent, but hey don't tell us here, tell it to Gregs inbox http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

------------------

Old 07-15-2002, 05:47 PM   #38
thestreetsarehot2night

Quote:
Originally posted by Halteh:
We can't set an amount till we know what the vids go for. For now, just email him and tell him what the most you'd be willing to put in is. That doesn't mean you will be required to put that much up in (refer to previous post)

K
i get you

------------------
If you're feeling sinister

Old 07-15-2002, 05:51 PM   #39
Richard D. James

First off, JVB, Fares, thanks for the support. I am not trying to screw with people here, just remember that, and I am not nearly as "leet" as Fares or JVB, but I can only hope. (No Fares, it has not come) I have gotten a couple of mails already which is fantastic. Please email me the exact amount willing like Fares said to [email protected] and if you have a Paypal or any other type account like that available. Let's just try this for now and tackle the next large issue of distribution, originals, trees?, etc...when/if we win. So for now, flood the hell out of my inbox and if I am online, then AIM me at GKAVCHAK. Who knows, if we have a bunch of extra cash, it could pry something else loose, we will just have to see.

Regards,

Greg

Old 07-15-2002, 05:57 PM   #40
klon21

I'm glad to see what is happening.
I cant contribute because i am lack of funds due to imminent holiday travel.
I discovered the videos and started the topic so Fares, Greg, Glued on Wings and all involved... please, dont forget me. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif
I will be interested in CDR and VCD.
Thanks everybody!!

------------------
Bootlist: www.iespana.es/bystarlight/misdiscos.htm

Old 07-15-2002, 06:02 PM   #41
RumoredToTheS&N

i replied to a post on the oboard regarding these videos letting them know what's going on here, so hopefully we won't all be outbidding each other. maybe we can lure some folks over to pitch in a few extra bucks.

Old 07-15-2002, 06:03 PM   #42
Halteh

Quote:
Originally posted by RumoredToTheS&N:
i replied to a post on the oboard regarding these videos letting them know what's going on here, so hopefully we won't all be outbidding each other. maybe we can lure some folks over to pitch in a few extra bucks.

Excellent, just point them to this thread http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

------------------

Old 07-15-2002, 06:06 PM   #43
RumoredToTheS&N

thread is pointed.

Old 07-15-2002, 06:14 PM   #44
thestreetsarehot2night

Mmm i am going to swoop in a bid for a milion dollars -=#== *damn* *it* cant find a Dr evil pic with pinkie in mouth.

Na that is something i worry about though if he wants it to run to the end. some arse wipe putting a stupid bid on five seconds before the end

------------------
If you're feeling sinister

Old 07-15-2002, 06:19 PM   #45
Snail*

I'm in, as always.

Old 07-15-2002, 06:45 PM   #46
theman1343

I'm in...

Old 07-15-2002, 07:01 PM   #47
Zero?

I'm in,...

ps adam,..I'll try and send those cdrs soon.

------------------
http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/char...rancetaunt.gif You fight great, but I'm a great fighter!!!!

Old 07-15-2002, 07:13 PM   #48
jlo

Arrow

I`m in..

------------------
My bootpage: http://jlo.paginas.sapo.pt/

Old 07-15-2002, 07:23 PM   #49
The Gaddrow

Cool

*e-mails Greg*

Old 07-15-2002, 07:28 PM   #50
Fish

Thumbs up

I'm in

Old 07-15-2002, 07:43 PM   #51
starlightvideoproductions

I think the easiest thing to do is to do is start another thread. Each person states how much they want to contribute, and what format/s they want it on. remember, on a dvd, I can put the audio in it, so if you want a dvd, you automatically get a cdr of it if you have a dvd drive on your comp. And whoever asked the best dvd format, it is DVD-r, NOT dvd+r, that has more expensive media and is less compatable. BTW, I can also make vcds/svcds in real time.

Old 07-15-2002, 07:56 PM   #52
Fish

Quote:
Originally posted by starlightvideoproductions:
I think the easiest thing to do is to do is start another thread. Each person states how much they want to contribute, and what format/s they want it on. remember, on a dvd, I can put the audio in it, so if you want a dvd, you automatically get a cdr of it if you have a dvd drive on your comp. And whoever asked the best dvd format, it is DVD-r, NOT dvd+r, that has more expensive media and is less compatable. BTW, I can also make vcds/svcds in real time.
People might want their privacy.. Also, it would allow someone bidding against to estimate how much we are putting in.. Email is the way forward. If Jeroen and Fares say we can trust Greg, we can. For the record though i'd like CDR or VCD.

Old 07-15-2002, 08:24 PM   #53

Also for the record, DVD is 10x better than vcd http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif If you don't have a dvd player, than go ahead for the vcd, but if you have a dvd player, there is no reason not to want a dvd over a dvd.

Old 07-15-2002, 08:27 PM   #54
Halteh

Quote:
Originally posted by starlightvideoproductions:

No, lets not do this now. Lets not even worry about distribution right now, just worry about buying the video from the seller. Once we have the video we can deal with the distribution method. I assume it will go like this:

1. Greg wings, pays the seller with all the money we put in.
2. Receives the videos, sends them to starlightvideoproductions (or someone who can transfer them)
3. That person will press a copy on dvd and vcd. and if you can, make audio copies to cdr (if not i can do this)
4. mail the vids back to Greg and send a dvd/vcd copy to 4-5 other branhces who have ability to reproduce these on dvd/vcd and leaves can simply b+p. Audio copy will get out on shn fast and then can be easily obtained by anyone.

------------------

Old 07-15-2002, 08:48 PM   #55
RumoredToTheS&N

Red face

well, we'd better get crackin'. has anyone else checked the highest bids lately? yikes!

Old 07-15-2002, 09:10 PM   #56

Haltek, thats probably what will happen. It turns out Greg lives about an hour from me http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif So, that is good, because then the videos will not have to go in the mail, to avoid damage from heat, mail people stepping on them, etc.

Old 07-15-2002, 09:13 PM   #57

Holy shit, I just saw who was selling them. I know him! I've traded with him! He is the shit, he has so much good stuff. He never said he has Pumpkins stuff however. Well, small world after all http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

Old 07-15-2002, 09:34 PM   #58
Snail*

Hmm, the current high bidder may just be in there to try to kill the auction...his only (negative) feedback is for an auction that was never paid for.

Old 07-15-2002, 09:44 PM   #59
Fish

Can't the seller do something about that, like cancel his bids or ignore them? If he wins and doesn't pay can he choose to sell to us?

Old 07-15-2002, 09:57 PM   #60
Fish

Red face

Looks like they have.. This is getting even more intresting.. Check Zwanagogo's auctions.. A she? And the hoody. And Shawn has the other one..