Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2015, 03:51 AM   #151
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
which coins?
lota of US quarters and pennies but also a ton of yen and old currency from Brazil and Germany. #rare

Old 09-07-2015, 03:53 AM   #152
noyen
Immortal

my goal of happiness is within reach!

Old 09-07-2015, 04:17 AM   #153
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

yesss!

Old 09-07-2015, 10:21 AM   #154
Starla

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
I believe that people who start dating late in life are obviously at a clear disadvantage becaue of the lack of experience.
I disagree. I think at the age of 35, I'm more mature now, have been through some life experiences and know what I want in a partner. I can identify some problems early on, and avoid them better than I used to. I have never really liked dating anyway... I'm not a bar or club person. I don't mind the occasional drink or outing with friends. I'm more of a geek who prefers libraries and coffee houses, alone with my tablet. That's where I feel the most comfortable. I usually meet men through friends... but for now the gate is closed. No entry. lol

Old 09-07-2015, 11:01 AM   #155
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

i think its impossible..or harder anyway...to know what you want or need from a relationship and how to handle being in one until you've had either a few or at least a long lasting one.

Old 09-07-2015, 11:15 AM   #156
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
I disagree. I think at the age of 35, I'm more mature now, have been through some life experiences and know what I want in a partner. I can identify some problems early on, and avoid them better than I used to. I have never really liked dating anyway... I'm not a bar or club person. I don't mind the occasional drink or outing with friends. I'm more of a geek who prefers libraries and coffee houses, alone with my tablet. That's where I feel the most comfortable. I usually meet men through friends... but for now the gate is closed. No entry. lol
I can totally understand this.

If nothing else I have to say - dating in your 20s is exhausting. Last two or three years i've been either dating or in a casual arrangement with someone probably 45% of the time and pretty much only once in that time did it get to the point of being something serious. I feel like i'm kind of a wannabe serial monogamist, mostly because I actually suck at dating because at any given point on a date i'm trying to hold down my anxiety and at the same time avoid saying anything inappropriately dark or politically incorrect cause that shit is kind of second nature to me now, and trying to do both these things in a way where i'm not coming off as stilted and awkward. And then i struggle navigating the cues of like, how these things go from being a series of meals to an actual relationship.

Most of the time once it's all said and done I wind up embarrassed about something I did/said and/or with weird feelings of rejection even if I kinda knew there wasn't much chemistry to begin with. A lot of the time I feel like I would be better off if I could turn off the bit of my brain that feels the need for that validation and just be happy being single until the right person comes along.