Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 01-02-2016, 11:29 AM   #151
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

what about buckethead?

Old 01-02-2016, 11:31 AM   #152
fuzzyroes
Banned

A combination of the lineups is kind of a downer to me as I was really hoping to see the Appetite 5 reunite, but you gotta understand that the general public/casual fans only really cares about seeing Axl and Duff taking the stage together again (and to a lesser extent Duff)

Some hardcore GNR fans are a little peeved cause Duff actually partook in a full tour a year back, so in essence they're just adding Slash to the roster while subtracting the former guitarists (DJ Ashba and Bumblefoot Thal)

Old 01-02-2016, 11:31 AM   #153
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
what about buckethead?
He left years ago, but yes, Buckethead kicks ass. He was responsible for a lot of great moments on Chinese Democracy.

Old 01-02-2016, 03:19 PM   #154
FoolofaTook

i actually liked that album when i listened to it. and i like appetite for destruction to.

i am ready for the crucifixion.

Old 01-02-2016, 07:42 PM   #155
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

I really wanted Matt Sorum on the drums. I rather him over Adler. The Use Your Illusion band in my definitive line up.

Old 01-02-2016, 10:36 PM   #156
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
i actually liked that album when i listened to it. and i like appetite for destruction to.

i am ready for the crucifixion.
Me too. Aside from a few clunkers; it really is a great album. The musicianship is top notch. The album was just clouded with so much controversy so no matter what it sounded like people would find a reason to shit all over it. If Axl and his team just went about making this in a low-key way and dropped it the reaction would be a total 180

Fucking love this track, my favorite on the album:

Really nice upbeat kinda ballad with great musicianship. It's funny cause the guitar work here really Outslashes Slash (and I mean that in the best way possible, the outro parts kick ass)

This songs awesome and a more "typical" GnR type rocker aside from the horribly ridiculous Axl intro

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 01-02-2016 at 10:56 PM.

Old 01-02-2016, 10:44 PM   #157
fuzzyroes
Banned

It would be funny if Axl had Slash play Sorry live haha

Old 01-02-2016, 11:04 PM   #158
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyZ View Post
I really wanted Matt Sorum on the drums. I rather him over Adler. The Use Your Illusion band in my definitive line up.
Yeah, Sorum is really the reliable option while still giving the "reunion" idea more legitimacy. I mean, I understand if Izzy just won't do it, but Sorums said many times that he'd be on board, so if you can get the real deal it's stupid not to.

Only problem is Axl has a lot of loyalty for "his boys"

Old 01-03-2016, 06:15 AM   #159
SOUL PWR
Banned

wait, is Sorry about Slash?

I never liked Sorry. Always just came off like a butt-hurt, one-sided bitch-fest of a song.

But over-all I think Chinese Democracy is a really enjoyable album.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:16 AM   #160
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUL PWR View Post
wait, is Sorry about Slash?

I never liked Sorry. Always just came off like a butt-hurt, one-sided bitch-fest of a song.

But over-all I think Chinese Democracy is a really enjoyable album.
Yeah man, that's what everyone figures. Axl never really explains his song meanings, but I think if you read between the lines it's fairly obvious- or I suppose it could be about the situation of the old GnR legacy in general.

It kinda sucks in a way that Axls gonna go back and just play only the old material again. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love vintage GnR but he supposedly has a shitload of songs in the vault that he was supposedly eventually going to release- a reunion stops any hope of that music comin' out.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:47 PM   #161
fuzzyroes
Banned

Well it's official! GnR are headlining Coachella!- Still no word on the lineup of the band though.

The other bands on the lineup are super lame though. Rancids the only other act I'd be interested in seeing

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CX7GKROUMAAuSTe.jpg

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 01-04-2016 at 10:53 PM.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:50 PM   #162
fuzzyroes
Banned

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...c0&oe=574A2DB0

Old 01-05-2016, 04:25 AM   #163
Elphenor
Braindead

What a shit Coachella

Old 01-05-2016, 10:43 AM   #164
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Just read it's Duff, Slash and Axl. Not even the full, classic lineup.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:19 AM   #165
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
What a shit Coachella
Yeah man. LCD Soundsystem and Calvin Hariss are the best acts they could get to headline?

I guess they're really trying to pound home the hipster angle though. Usually theres a nice mix for everyone, now it's like STRAIGHT hipster

Old 01-05-2016, 11:23 AM   #166
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
Just read it's Duff, Slash and Axl. Not even the full, classic lineup.
Yeah, that's the rumor. Kinda shitty. I mean, I can understand that Izzy has no interest and theres really no reason to go get Gilby Clarke back as he was just a hired hand who never played on a release (aside from maybe some rhythm on Spaghetti Incident) but you have 2 legit classic GnR drummers itching to take part and they're gonna roll with fucking Frank Ferrer?

This fucking guys gonna be in the GnR Reunion

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/469...Ns56cTRw%3D%3D

But Axl loves him to death, and he's been loyal to the Nu-Gnr lineup the whole time so I guess that's the way it goes

Old 01-05-2016, 11:27 AM   #167
fuzzyroes
Banned

So far, the confirmed lineup is

Axl
Slash
Duff
Dizzy Reed- keyboards/piano
Chris Pitman- keyboards/multi-instrumentalist

And Franks been hinting at it with friends on facebook about needing a "going away party" to go on his "top secret mission"- So he's pretty much a lock, but not confirmed as of yet.

Izzy will likely play a few songs on a date here and there like he did with the nuguns.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:32 AM   #168
fuzzyroes
Banned

I really hope they involve Steven Adler in some way. Maybe have him on for the tour to play the encore or something.

The guys been itching for a reunion for years. He was on Eddie Trunks "That Metal Show" about a year ago and Trunk was like "but Steven, I don't think this would happen, but godforbid- what if they decided to do a reunion and went with Sorum instead of you?" And Adler all sadly started rambling on about how Slash promised him that the only way a reunion is ever going to take place is if it's the original 5. Trunk was telling him that he was scared that if that did happen it would be what sends him over the edge but Adler was sure it would never happen and that he'd definitely be included.

The guys made it pretty clear over the years that he's tied all his hopes and happiness on the premise that GnR would someday get back together. He really oughta be on suicide watch

Old 01-08-2016, 02:47 PM   #169
FoolofaTook

sounds like some loser who deserves to die

the sooner the better i say. the weak should die before they have the chance to breed and corrupt the gene pool.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:48 PM   #170
FoolofaTook

http://s.fixquotes.com/files/author/...dler_XG4DB.jpg

yeah he deserves to die for that hairdo alone

Old 01-09-2016, 10:01 AM   #171
fuzzyroes
Banned

Lmao, Steven Adlers awesome. If you guys wanna read the best interview ever, check this out:

http://metalsludge.tv/classic/?p=30882

Took, you'll like it, he talks about having sex with Steven Tyler

Old 01-09-2016, 10:08 AM   #172
fuzzyroes
Banned

***Teaser for the interview***

MS: Name the 3 high points and the 3 lowest points of your career to date?

SA: Okay, I’ll tell you the best, the best moment in my life, and the worst moments of my life. The best moment of my life was having sex with Stephen Tyler in the back of a tour bus. The worst moment of my life, was when the second time I did heroin was on the last show of the Aerosmith tour, and you know you had those meet n’ greet rooms. And, you know I opened up the door and I’m standing there in my rock star pose, all looking all cool and Stephan Tyler is like, 5, 10, 8 feet in front of me, talking with this girl laughing, and he looks up cause he noticed my presence. And he has the biggest smile on his face, and then he could just see in my eyes, that I did heroin, and he made the saddest face and umm… my heart just dropped, and I wanted to die right there.

Because Stephen Tyler is the greatest person in this whole world, and I love him, and there is nobody in the world like him, and I (pauses) hurt his feelings, and it just hurt me so bad. The best and the worst times were with Stephen Tyler. Greatest person in the world, there is nobody cooler, it, there is nobody cooler in any and every way, that person could be in this whole universe.

Old 01-09-2016, 10:10 AM   #173
fuzzyroes
Banned

Part 2 of the interview:

http://metalsludge.tv/classic/?p=30912

Part 3 of the interview:

http://metalsludge.tv/classic/?p=30914

Old 01-09-2016, 10:27 AM   #174
fuzzyroes
Banned

Steven Adler on blow-jobs:

SA: So, you know Slash, I lived on Hayworth, North Hayworth, and Slash lived on Sweetzer. So there was a couple times I’d walk down the street and I got a blow job from some guy. I was thirteen years old, I use to walk around with a fucking hard-on, and you know 24 hours a day. And I, was, you know you’re a teenager, and you’re not getting girls doing it. And so I was partying with somebody, and I got a blow job. I was thirteen years old, I was, WHAT! I’m

the only one?

(Steven now becomes a little bit defensive)

MS: No, but we’re just asking because you’ve been pretty open about it?

SA: No, I know, but for the people reading this, that, if, people say, oh well that never happened to me or I never thought that, or blah, blah, blah, you know they’re fucking full of SHIT! Cause I’m not the only person who ever walked down the street and smoked a joint at 12, 13 years old, smoked a joint with someone and all of a sudden I’m getting a blow job from the guy. Okay, it’s not something I was looking for, it just happened – I was a teenager growing up. There’s nothing wrong with it. You know, and I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who’s ever had that happen to.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6D-Kj4KCiFY/maxresdefault.jpg

Old 01-09-2016, 10:33 AM   #175
fuzzyroes
Banned

I like it that Adler stuck with the same image that he thought was cool. So many musicians are always chasing trends and pathetically trying to stay with the times, but Adler still rocks it

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...c4kv2DEqkN5yyg

Old 01-13-2016, 03:04 PM   #176
FoolofaTook

well

Old 01-13-2016, 03:11 PM   #177
FoolofaTook

well well well

oh well

well well well

oh well

Old 01-13-2016, 03:11 PM   #178
FoolofaTook

that's a song by lenin

Old 01-13-2016, 04:27 PM   #179
FoolofaTook

do you think his beard is perfumed, scented with pungent, sweet-smelling oils?

Old 01-13-2016, 10:53 PM   #180
fuzzyroes
Banned

I concur. Look how shiny and smooth that shit looks!