Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 01-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #151
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
Nah you were just baby raging about something awesome as usual because you think it gives you credibility. Be a tough guy and try to pick on something other people like. God you're cool. Man you must have such a following. My statements were entirely valid - Don't even try to bring that trash in here. Moreover my statements were corroborated by others. You just do the same dance - take something people enjoy and hyperbolize its few faults.

And Eulogy is forever a child among men so let him stick to name calling and curse words as a form of debate. It's cute.
It's a better form when it's backed up by, you know, actual points. Avoiding swear words while talking in circles and ignoring questions is a way shittier way to debate. Dumbass.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #152
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
And Eulogy that analogy with Target (as CLEARLY stated earlier) was intentionally bad to demonstrate your horrendous straw man analogies. Robble hard at you using that a some sort of evidence. My sarcasm is now to be taken srsly?
I didn't make any analogies.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #153
Eulogy
huh

But ok.

Man you're bad at this.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #154
Eulogy
huh

Sparring with trots or charmbag usually at least makes me think about something.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #155
Eulogy
huh

i think it's almost time for a mic drop.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #156
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

No you can never walk away.

Also you make plenty of disgusting senseless analogies which are always 100% absurd straw man points.

Look at what you are doing in this very argument! What point am I making? That there are some benefits to the system of an electoral college. But of course what do you think I am saying? That rural people are noble? Who here ever said that? What's that have to do with anything? I told you I don't think it's perfect but that you are blinded to its values - which you then go and grant the Senate. And the trump card you think you hold is a point you never ever care to address - the notion that the president can't affect these people specifically enough to matter MEANWHILE arguing that it's important the job not be tainted by entertaining moderates. My, my, my, what a crusher you dropped in that one, sir.

Back to Trots:

>>bitching about the graphics of an old video game to detract from it

The biggest robble.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #157
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
We had this talk before. We'll not be doing it again. Disproportionate power is not in and of itself bad like you suggest it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
yes it is.
End of thread.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #158
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Sparring with trots or charmbag usually at least makes me think about something.
thanks, sorry to be so cruel sometimes

Old 01-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #159
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
You just do the same dance - take something people enjoy and hyperbolize its few faults.
well everybody enjoys something

Old 01-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #160
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
well everybody enjoys something
Quote:
thanks, sorry to be so cruel sometimes
That he gets a brain exercise from Charmbag is hilarious. I'd be insulted by that association.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #161
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:

Back to Trots:

The biggest robble.
actually, like eulogy pointed out, you ignore things that are inconvenient from your line of argumentation. I singled out several games that are older and less "graphically advanced" as FF7 still looking good to this day, but since this is your only retort you're going to stick with it.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #162
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
That he gets a brain exercise from Charmbag is hilarious. I'd be insulted by that association.
just because charmbag is delusional, pretentious and baffilingly inconsistent, doesn't mean she isn't thought provoking when she argues

Old 01-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #163
Trotskilicious
Banned

i mean i'm not sure if inconsistent is the right word, she just seems rather unaware of herself? I dunno, i'm thinking of times when she says hate isn't useful just to be hateful in another thread, you know. or like she backpedaled hard after saying niceness isn't a virtue and then says she "uses empathy" every day after me and DF basically said she was a phony self-centered jerk off

Old 01-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #164
Order 66
Socialphobic

more like white knight provoking amirite

Old 01-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #165
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
just because charmbag is delusional, pretentious and baffilingly inconsistent, doesn't mean she isn't thought provoking when she argues
No, like I said before she's a dumb person who got a hold of a good idea she borrowed from someone else. She's right a lot of the time but just absolutely lacks the wherewithal to defend her points and gets tripped up because of it.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #166
Trotskilicious
Banned

i think that's just her age, not stupidity

Old 01-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #167
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
actually, like eulogy pointed out, you ignore things that are inconvenient from your line of argumentation. I singled out several games that are older and less "graphically advanced" as FF7 still looking good to this day, but since this is your only retort you're going to stick with it.
I will not be doing the point-by-point thing on my cell phone in any Internet debate ever. You and Eulogy will run with that as admission of wrong, but I'll make myself available for a phone conversation if you actually want to hear me dismantle an argument line after line, word after word.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #168
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
i think that's just her age, not stupidity
She never attacks from a pragmatic standpoint. Ever. Also slippery slopes elude her completely.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #169
Trotskilicious
Banned

i'm not wrong for thinking final fantasy 7 sucks and that nostalgic filters creates the safe idea that it's somehow better than final fantasy x to legitimize our adolescence as being somehow superior than any other generation. Every generation does this. It's the DAMN KIDS AND THEIR ROCK MUSIC syndrome. I'm not wrong, it's just like my opinion man and that general attitude extends to a lot of shitty things from the 90s that our generation thinks are "so much better" than what's happening these days and I think they are delusional.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #170
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
No you can never walk away.

Also you make plenty of disgusting senseless analogies which are always 100% absurd straw man points.

Look at what you are doing in this very argument! What point am I making? That there are some benefits to the system of an electoral college. But of course what do you think I am saying? That rural people are noble? Who here ever said that? What's that have to do with anything? I told you I don't think it's perfect but that you are blinded to its values - which you then go and grant the Senate. And the trump card you think you hold is a point you never ever care to address - the notion that the president can't affect these people specifically enough to matter MEANWHILE arguing that it's important the job not be tainted by entertaining moderates. My, my, my, what a crusher you dropped in that one, sir.

Back to Trots:

The biggest robble.
Find an analogy in my posts here, please.

I was just giving you shit because these arguments remind me of "noble savage" type shit.

I understand that people in rural areas shouldn't be trampled. So I'm ok with the Senate existing, although I would reform it and give bigger states maybe an extra one. or something.

It's perfectly reasonable to think that MORE DISPROPORTIONATE REPRESENTATION is worse than less. This is a point you have not fucking addressed because you're apparently a goddamn imbecile who has no business having a serious conversation about anything. This is almost as asinine as your desire for legally mandated "productivity." Almost.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:44 PM   #171
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
You still haven't given an example of how abolishing the electoral college would allow the majority to bowl over the minority.

Because it wouldn't.

edit: except for, you know... electing the president based on who more people want to be president. which... seems pretty fine?

and how would every presidential election upend the country's rules? do you have any idea at all what you are talking about?
Quote:
not directed at you.

what would the president do that would trample on the rights of people in small states? without help from congress? can you give me one example? no, you cannot.

i think the president of the entire country should be elected by the entire country and not by arbitrarily constructed pieces of land. i'm not demanding complete control. i'm demanding the same amount of control as an individual in wyoming. the same. not more. right now i have less, and that is fucking dumb.
Quote:
wouldn't it just be fucking CRAZY if everyone's vote in a presidential election actually mattered?

WHAT AN INSANE IDEA
Quote:
lol

demanding equal control. equal control. the presidency is important for some things like supreme court justices, which is immensely important, and which, yes, at times will affect states. like when they told states they couldn't outlaw things like interracial marriage or abortion. those are rights of individuals, not of states (and hey, states like the Dakotas, Kansas, and Mississippi are basically telling the Court to fuck off anyway with the abortion thing so it might not affect our precious tiny backward states all that much anyway).

states would remain free to do a lot of the backward shit they love to do, and the president can't now and would not be able to do a damn thing about it.

you genuinely have no clue about what a president can do to affect things in states and i think it's because you're just not very bright.
ONE MORE TIME

Old 01-27-2013, 05:44 PM   #172
cocksure
Apocalyptic Poster

i played ff7 around the time 9 or x came out and i thought it was much much better. the world just appealed to me more.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #173
Eulogy
huh

robble

Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 PM   #174
Shawn Osmond
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
what the fuck... that was not necessary
You're right, I take back what I said.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #175
Shawn Osmond
Banned

Quote:
They have more power than people in populous states. It is dumb and anti-democratic. And my point was that your comment about DC is useless and fucking dumb because part of the reason I think the electoral college is dumb is that small states already hold us fucking hostage with the Senate.

Also I'd like to see one fucking presidential candidate campaign on issues that affect urban areas. Just fucking once.
Why not propose getting rid of states altogether, and eliminating the big vs. small state problem. Then you could just have the centralized federal government create districts having equal representation in Congress, you could have direct election of the President, etc.

Or is that too liberal of a stance for you, if that's even possible?

Old 01-27-2013, 10:22 PM   #176
Shawn Osmond
Banned

Quote:
I will not be doing the point-by-point thing on my cell phone in any Internet debate ever. You and Eulogy will run with that as admission of wrong, but I'll make myself available for a phone conversation if you actually want to hear me dismantle an argument line after line, word after word.
So has anyone called you yet?

Old 01-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #177
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Osmond View Post
Why not propose getting rid of states altogether, and eliminating the big vs. small state problem. Then you could just have the centralized federal government create districts having equal representation in Congress, you could have direct election of the President, etc.

Or is that too liberal of a stance for you, if that's even possible?
I think that would probably be for the best.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #178
Trotskilicious
Banned

i saw a thing online somewhere where someone was proposing new state lines drawn with concern to watersheds and drainage

Old 01-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #179
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Also slippery slopes elude her completely.
What does this even mean

Old 01-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #180
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Google it.