Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 05-23-2007, 03:02 PM   #121
the mahatma
Demi-God

to op:

thanks for taking the time to post my exact thoughts.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:07 PM   #122
wpc33
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: Cheating on my wife with Kurt Cobain's wife. He'll live.

Nobody acted lame when Jimmy was gone
And when D'arcy quit?

Nobody said Adore was NOT AN SP ALBUM!!!1!
Just like they didn't criticize Gish & SD for being just Billy & Jimmy.
James QUIT the fuckin band in 2000. Billy broke up the band out of respect, but he didn't have to.
James & D'arcy don't wanna be in theband, so let them have their choice and stop speaking for them.
Some people don't know shit, are hypocritical, and love to feel superior to the musicians who moved them so, out of insecurity

This is technically the FOURTH time the "ineup" has changed. As soon as someone complains about that, they're a red flag fool

Old 05-23-2007, 03:09 PM   #123
A100
Demi-God

Old 05-23-2007, 03:13 PM   #124
Nate the Grate
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3
I've interacted with a lot of different fans, but SP fans (maybe just Netphorians in particular) have to be the worst. And this is really saying something, since Tool and NIN fans are pretty stupid.

I'm not talking about having to constantly suck Billy's cock. There's plenty I don't like about SP: songs, albums, tours, etc. Yeah, it's easy to see how people can think the robes are stupid and be disappointed about not having old members.

However, stuff like all this posting of old band pictures and moaning over times past in the PARIS show discussion thread is sickening. It reeks of an obsession with IMAGE over MUSIC. This is how emo kids and mainstream pop fans act.

We get a HUGE fucking rock show, and an ensuing tour where millions of people will get to hear songs that might not have EVER even been played live again. PLUS, Billy is even allowing all this open bootlegging! How many mainstream rock bands do that?!

I don't give a fuck about how the current situation compares with your idealized nostalgia. I've been a huge fan since 1995, I remember Billy with hair and cute D'arcy and all that shit. YOU GET TO SEE SP AGAIN, you get to hear Cherub Rock and Silverfuck and Tonight, Tonight, etc. slamming you in the face from huge speakerss and Billy ripping out solos on stage. You get a whole new album of hard rocking songs.

If you can't enjoy this without James standing a certain way or making the occasional wisecrack, or without thinking about beating off to D'arcy later that night, then you're really not into the music at all, you're into an idealized memory.

I hate censorship, and think people should be able to post whatever they want, but I'm just sharing my reaction to what I see. Feel free to flame away.
I haven't read the rest of the thread, but I approve of this post. Every single word of it.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:14 PM   #125
Zucchini_Duke
Oblivious Virgin

I hate Dave Matthew's fans. they are a bunch of cock suckers

Old 05-23-2007, 03:23 PM   #126
drhouse
Banned

You guys are nerds.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:30 PM   #127
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

page after page after page of this shit is really improving the board let me tell you

i guess at this point i'm bitching about people bitching about bitchers, maybe someone could bitch about this post too

Old 05-23-2007, 03:34 PM   #128
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
Maybe some of us would rather hear the pumpkins with james in it then some dumbfuck that bill wouldn't even bother introducing to the audience. Its not that it I must see james there, its that I would rather listen to the pumpkins with him, if possible. Billy took that option from us. We had no say so in the band makeup of the band, and after 10+ years of buying his bullshit, I wasn't going to buy it anymore. I could care less if I get to hear the songs again, its not the best representation of the band. I won't even mention darcy since no one even knows where the hell the bitch is, or what condition she is in.

Also, if you have the balls to just leave the past behind, and not even bother asking an original and integral part of the band back, then have the balls to introduce the new yesmen you brought into the band.
Why don't you just shut the fuck up already? Could you be any more lame and predictable? The sad truth is that you probably could.

The new music kicks ass and it appears nobody gives a real big fuck about whether or not James is around. So, why don't you get over yourself already?

Personally, I'm sick of hearing about your endless crusades to point out the attrocities that BC has committed against you , Esty, from fucking Netphoria. Quit crying about Billy and get a friggin life.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:39 PM   #129
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by A100
Esty kind of personifies netphoria, in that there's never really a valid point, just a lot of irrational anger.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:46 PM   #130
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsp77
The new music kicks ass and it appears nobody gives a real big fuck about whether or not James is around.
Actually, it's pretty clear from this thread that a lot of people give a fuck.

I guess discounting someone's opinion based on the popularity of said opinion is a classic mouth-breathing fanboy technique, but really, I guess I shouldn't expect any better from 90% of the retards who have invaded this board.

I guess if things were really so bad people would stop posting here, and yet the popularity of Netphoria seems to grow and grow almost as much as the popularity of drama-filled hand wringing threads like these.

I hope retards like you keep going, pretty soon there won't be anything but this shit on the entire board.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:53 PM   #131
A100
Demi-God

awww do you need a hug?

Old 05-23-2007, 03:59 PM   #132
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedo
I say if you hate Billy Corgan, go and spend your time on something other than a web forum devoted to Billy Corgan.
there is more on this forum to talk about than bolly corrigan

Old 05-23-2007, 04:13 PM   #133
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3
I've interacted with a lot of different fans, but SP fans (maybe just Netphorians in particular) have to be the worst. And this is really saying something, since Tool and NIN fans are pretty stupid.

I'm not talking about having to constantly suck Billy's cock. There's plenty I don't like about SP: songs, albums, tours, etc. Yeah, it's easy to see how people can think the robes are stupid and be disappointed about not having old members.

However, stuff like all this posting of old band pictures and moaning over times past in the PARIS show discussion thread is sickening. It reeks of an obsession with IMAGE over MUSIC. This is how emo kids and mainstream pop fans act.

We get a HUGE fucking rock show, and an ensuing tour where millions of people will get to hear songs that might not have EVER even been played live again. PLUS, Billy is even allowing all this open bootlegging! How many mainstream rock bands do that?!

I don't give a fuck about how the current situation compares with your idealized nostalgia. I've been a huge fan since 1995, I remember Billy with hair and cute D'arcy and all that shit. YOU GET TO SEE SP AGAIN, you get to hear Cherub Rock and Silverfuck and Tonight, Tonight, etc. slamming you in the face from huge speakerss and Billy ripping out solos on stage. You get a whole new album of hard rocking songs.

If you can't enjoy this without James standing a certain way or making the occasional wisecrack, or without thinking about beating off to D'arcy later that night, then you're really not into the music at all, you're into an idealized memory.

I hate censorship, and think people should be able to post whatever they want, but I'm just sharing my reaction to what I see. Feel free to flame away.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:20 PM   #134
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipgo
but seriously no one ever answers the question; why are you still here if you're so disenchanted with everything billy's done in the past 7 years? There are plenty of bands I don't like, even some I used to like and don't like now, and I don't spend any time on message boards for those bands whining about how much i don't like them. What's the point?
um...because there are people here you like to talk with?????

Old 05-23-2007, 04:23 PM   #135
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

By the same token if you have such a problem with the state of Netphoria why do you continue to post here? It's not like there aren't other boards where you can talk about SP.

In other words - if you don't like it go the fuck away.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:30 PM   #136
myosis
Minion of Satan

SP was more than just music, it was a dysfunctional family.
now it's two great friends with two puppets.

we should at least recognize that their chaotic nature had a lot to do with what they became.

'as long as it rocks' ? god, the reason they were my favorite band is not because they 'rock'.

if i were billy corgan, i would at least have changed the name a bit... simply called it "the pumpkins".

Old 05-23-2007, 04:31 PM   #137
Trotskilicious
Banned

this board has always been hateful that is why it's fun

Old 05-23-2007, 04:32 PM   #138
wpc33
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: Cheating on my wife with Kurt Cobain's wife. He'll live.
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenguy2000
I'm not rallying here, I made my point above, but the negativity comes from about 5 people who post all the fuckin time. End of story

More people oughta take your advice ravenguy. 'It' being Smashing Pumpkins

I personally, don't care if people diss, but when it's incessant and baseless, it's flooding like the Corganrules, billykicker and esty who are 2-dimentional cards on this board

Old 05-23-2007, 04:34 PM   #139
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

I don't mean to be a douche, but b0lly totally played 'Hummer' because of netphoria.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:34 PM   #140
SpFission
Apocalyptic Poster

I think Billy can do whatever the fuck he wants, and you can bitch about it as much as you want. I still think you are all douchebags though.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:38 PM   #141
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpc33
I'm not rallying here, I made my point above, but the negativity comes from about 5 people who post all the fuckin time. End of story

More people oughta take your advice ravenguy. 'It' being Smashing Pumpkins
You can put people on ignore you stupid fuck. If it's really just 5 people then it shouldn't be too much a problem, yah know?

Oh but wait, maybe it would be considering these 5 people have pages and pages of this bullshit dedicated to them on a daily basis.

Again, why is Netphoria the only option for talking about the Smashing Pumpkins? It's one thing to have a lot of negative things to say about a band. It's another to clog up a board with endless bitching about it when there are plenty of ways you can avoid it.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:40 PM   #142
Axis of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious
this board has always been hateful that is why it's fun
that's exactly right. it's refreshing to not be completely surrounded by fresh-faced fanboys.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:45 PM   #143
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis
if i were billy corgan, i would at least have changed the name a bit... simply called it "the pumpkins".
yeah...that'd be a wise financial decision...as well as not alienating any fans.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:38 PM   #144
A100
Demi-God

there is no way to justify the idiots around here that hang out just to bash BC/SP. if its really not about that, if its about continuing to hang out around a website just because you know people, then go to one of the other netphoria boards.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:45 PM   #145
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

You're not required to like the Smashing Pumpkins or Billy Corgan to register or post here.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:51 PM   #146
A100
Demi-God

http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Old 05-23-2007, 05:58 PM   #147
garbanzo
Demi-God

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
this.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:59 PM   #148
Mayfuck
Banned

Maybe it's because the new songs are terrible, maybe it's because wearing shopping bags on stage gives the already terrible songs an aura of cheesiness, maybe its because the old songs aren't played with genuine soul and anger as they were in the 90s but rather with cheap nostalgia or maybe cause i've discovered tons of new and groundbreaking music since 1995 that makes everything Billy's written since 98 seem watered down and uninteresting. But the overall affect is clear and people have legitimate reason for pissing on this band.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:04 PM   #149
paranoid
Minion of Satan

this whole james thing is going to become the most tired argument of this whole SP era.

Whose fault is that? Can't say we'll ever know for sure but maybe some people need to move on. Either quit giving the band so much attention or just accept the newbies.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:13 PM   #150
possiblynotmayb
Oblivious Virgin

its music you fucking idiots. and as long as the pumpkins make music, i'm happy. i'm happy that i'll get to hear pumpkins songs live again, with or without james. and darcy? who gives a shit, billy wrote most of her parts anyway. i'll give ginger and jeff a chance; maybe they will bring something better to the pumpkins.

unless billy just put them up there on stage to fill an empty void. and in that case, the pumpkins are a sham. but i really think that these two new guys were part of the studio process...