Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2017, 10:06 PM   #151
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
rbg the south was fighting for states rights.
absolutely false, protection of slavery was the stated reason for the war by Confederate leaders at the outset

Quote:
lincoln didn't commit to banishing slavery until later on.
The entire war began because Lincoln was elected. His party, the upstart Republicans, had a platform of abolishing slavery. This is literally why the South seceded.

Quote:
and sherman committed genocide. you heard of his march to the sea? burning everything in his army's way.
that's total war, not genocide. I don't think Sherman was necessarily a model of moral behavior either but admiring Robert E. Lee is fucking stupid.

Old 01-18-2017, 12:43 AM   #152
redbreegull

I know it must be very hard for you to think about responding to six whole sentences, I'll give you some time and check back in a few days.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:08 AM   #153
FoolofaTook

Sorry rbg but that is not what they taught me at my college. I'm not trolling. i was taught that the states rights issue goes way back to revolutionary times. But I know nothibng about us history and i was smoking hella treez too (surprise!) so who knows.

anyway i agree that slavery is bad and that it was a good thing that the civil war got rid of it. and by bad i mean one pf the worst thing man has ever inflicted on man. so at least we agree on the thing that matters most unlike poots that poots.

oh and fuck total war. just read this from ursula le guin: "Almost anything carried to its logical extreme becomes depressing, if not carcinogenic."

Old 01-18-2017, 01:18 AM   #154
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Sorry rbg but that is not what they taught me at my college. I'm not trolling. i was taught that the states rights issue goes way back to revolutionary times. But I know nothibng about us history and i was smoking hella treez too (surprise!) so who knows.
that is a really common myth, it is what i was taught in grade school and many peopke in the US are taught this also

but it is not true. the north won the battles but in the long term the south won propaganda war. the south completely undid reconstruction effort and implemented segregation. after the war there was actually a number of black men elected to state legislatures and even some in house of representatives I think, but in a few decades all the progress had been undone and black people were almost back where they started in some ways. even today many liberal americans have weird sympathetic views of the south but i promise if you really read the history, it was always about slavery.

rbg is right, the republicans began as an anti-slavery party and when lincoln was elected south carolina did the nullification thing to try and leave the country. that is, in literal terms, how the war started. and there are writing from SC confederate leaders that blatantly say this is all about slavery

slavery was a state right so it's true in a general way but the whole war was predicated on SLAVERY ISSUE specifically, it was totally about slavery. it's like if I say Iraq war was about oil and you say lol no it was about resources.

Old 01-18-2017, 02:11 AM   #155
FoolofaTook

I see. I stand corrected. I do remeber that before the war there was hella tension in the border states and that it was a big deal for new states. to decide whether they would be pro or anti slavery.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:54 PM   #156
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade View Post

Also, just in case anyone didn't know- states like Mississippi didn't ratify the 13th amendment until 2013!

Here's a few more interesting Lincoln quotes,

There is a natural disgust in the minds of nearly all white people to the idea of indiscriminate amalgamation of the white and black races ... A separation of the races is the only perfect preventive of amalgamation, but as an immediate separation is impossible, the next best thing is to keep them apart where they are not already together. If white and black people never get together in Kansas, they will never mix blood in Kansas ...

I have no purpose to introduce political and social equality between the white and black races. There is physical difference between the two which, in my judgment, will probably forever forbid their living together upon the footing of perfect equality, and inasmuch as it becomes a necessity that there must be a difference, I, as well as Judge Douglas, am in favor of the race to which I belong having the superior position.

Our republican system was meant for a homogeneous people. As long as blacks continue to live with the whites they constitute a threat to the national life. Family life may also collapse and the increase of mixed breed bastards may some day challenge the supremacy of the white man.

What a swell guy, he loved 'the blacks'
These are not Lincoln quotes
http://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/alajourn...ew=text&seq=40

Old 01-18-2017, 05:06 PM   #157
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Those quotes belong to two guys mentioned in the text I posted. I could only find that white supremacist sites had attributed the quote to lincoln. All you people shouting that no, lincoln was actually racist WHICH MAKES RACISM OK!!! Gotta stop right now. And even if he was, well,
Welcome to the 1860s. You are now in 2017, where progress means something completely different.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:09 PM   #158
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

and I repeat it here, that if there be a man amongst us who does not think that the institution of slavery is wrong in any one of the aspects of which I have spoken, he is misplaced, and ought not to be with us

Old 01-18-2017, 05:10 PM   #159
redbreegull

Lincoln was definitely racist, but relative to his time he was a raging liberal. He believed strongly in abolition (again for the third time this was the fundamental issue the Republican party was built on) but he struggled to personally view black people as equal.

The Republicans were an abolitionist party. They ran Lincoln, who won, and when that happened the slave states started seceding, specifically citing slavery as the reason for their split. I can post the declarations of independence of some confederate states if you nazis need some primary sources. I'm always happy to educate.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:27 PM   #160
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

From the sounds of it Lincoln opposed slavery but didn't quite make it to 2017. Which is pretty normal. Relative to 1860, this very was progressive. How was the civil war not about slavery? Why does everything gotta be all or nothing to you guys

Old 01-18-2017, 05:28 PM   #161
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
Lincoln was definitely racist, but relative to his time he was a raging liberal. He believed strongly in abolition (again for the third time this was the fundamental issue the Republican party was built on) but he struggled to personally view black people as equal.

The Republicans were an abolitionist party. They ran Lincoln, who won, and when that happened the slave states started seceding, specifically citing slavery as the reason for their split. I can post the declarations of independence of some confederate states if you nazis need some primary sources. I'm always happy to educate.
I wrote what rbg wrote here and this post is meant to emphasize this point

Old 01-18-2017, 05:34 PM   #162
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
you aren't even capable of emphasizing a point, you just troll everyone's reputation profiles because you're a fat cunt face with nothing else to do
Good adult conversation here guys

Old 01-18-2017, 05:35 PM   #163
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
oh ffs, WELCOME TO AN ADULT CONVERSATION- your link doesn't even show anything substantial towards this discussion..i didn't post those quotes to imply that racism was OK by any means, we were just having a pissing contest on who got the "right" story in history class you ignorant fish mouth.

nice to hear you have a good plug on the white supremacy sites and was able to find the same quotes repeated there i think?

it's also impossible not to laugh when people like you complain about the meaning of what "progress" is in america..make your own path, blaze your own trail- lead by example instead of opinion!

you people waiting and hoping for this guy to fail only to validate your own bias and irrational suspicions is basically like hoping that the pilot from a huge airplane we're ALL riding in to fuck up and crash into a mountain.
I don't understand the last sentence considering the conversation topic is abraham lincoln

Old 01-18-2017, 05:36 PM   #164
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Oh ffs (for fuck's sake)

Old 01-18-2017, 06:39 PM   #165
FoolofaTook

Damn I'm staring to think that I might not be the worst poster here after all.

Dade could really benefit from a sabbath sundown service singalong (featuring acoustic guitars ovations in all likelihood)

Old 01-18-2017, 06:51 PM   #166
redbreegull

Quote:

if only poots and myself could understand more than 6 sentences at a time maybe we might learn something here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots
There is so much misinformation in the above post that it's hard to know where to begin
my post was 6 sentences long. If I was able to put so much "misinformation" into those 6 sentences that the idea of responding is overwhelming, I must be either be the shit or you guys must be really really dumb

Old 01-18-2017, 07:43 PM   #167
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Trump's new slogan:

"Keep America Great"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0cf0ae8810f52

Quote:
Yeah, Trump’s new slogan is literally the same exact one used in the fittingly titled horror movie “The Purge: Election Year.”

(You really can’t make this stuff up.)

Actually, the movie basically made the slogan as a way to troll Trump. While discussing the film, star Frank Grillo told Comicbook.com:

“In the beginning when we shot the movie it wasn’t called Purge: Election Year,” Grillo reveals. “Oddly enough, the guy who plays the President in the movie, he plays him like Trump - totally by accident. There’s a lot of parallels between the GOP race and the movie and the messages that are being put forward and then Universal got this great idea to call it Purge: Election Year.”
And now, the president-elect wants to use the slogan from the film as his own:

Old 01-18-2017, 07:55 PM   #168
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Damn I'm staring to think that I might not be the worst poster here after all.

Dade could really benefit from a sabbath sundown service singalong (featuring acoustic guitars ovations in all likelihood)
You are a decent enough and alright human bean on the mend. We are all rooting for you

Old 01-18-2017, 07:56 PM   #169
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
yeah.. good thing you were the first to point that out

if only poots and myself could understand more than 6 sentences at a time maybe we might learn something here?
Poots' trolling style is to aay racist shit and see who expounds on it. Comgrats. You took the bait. Wake up

Old 01-18-2017, 08:07 PM   #170
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I vacationed in the south central applalachians this past summer and near the cabin we rented there was what stood a home, that, unfortunately is most accurately described as a shed. They had a hound dog on a tether with a now heeled very broken foot (bent 90* all the way back). They asked for (metal) cans and such so I would put them in a bag and then drop them off but dang it was hard to watch that old guy hobble and see the tv going off inside this mildew crusted habitat. My contribution to #thirtydays and real america.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:00 PM   #171
FoolofaTook

You must have missed a splinter when you extracted the bamboo shoots from your rectum.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:55 PM   #172
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
Only a handful (no more than three) of the seceding slave states even mention slavery in their orders of secession (and then they do so in passing).

And you are completely wrong about the Republican Party being one of abolitionism. They only pledged to outlaw slavery in the western territories. Furthermore, after secession, Republicans were practically begging the South to re-enter the Union, guaranteeing the protection of slavery in the form of a constitutional amendment (Corwin Amendment), but the South refused. Lincoln supported it as well. So "progressive" and "abolitionist" were the Republicans that they left the offer out there until 1864, when Union victory was almost assured.
ladies and gentlemen, John Wilkes Boothe

Old 01-18-2017, 09:56 PM   #173
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Apocalyptic Poster

clearly it is total coincidence that every slave state fought on one side and every free state fought on the other. lol i mean this level of bullshit is kind if unreal

Old 01-18-2017, 09:59 PM   #174
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Apocalyptic Poster

the single biggest factor behind the formation of republican party was the repeal of the Missouri compromise. they are literally named republicans in homage of Jefferson's party which got the slave trade banned

Old 01-18-2017, 10:05 PM   #175
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Apocalyptic Poster

oh hey what was the first republican slogan from the 1850s?

"free labor, free land, free men"

direct reference to the basis of their whole party, the dismantling of the plantation and slavery system. yeah so lincoln said whatever he needed to say to get elected why exactly is that surprising? he was on the campaign trail saying blacks are inferior in one town and blacks are our brothers in the next town depending on what the audience wanted to hear. welcome to politics

Old 01-18-2017, 11:02 PM   #176
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
We've really started some intelligent dialogue here guys!

scotty using fake news to bitch about fake news, rgb perpetuating his moral high ground and supreme education, and then libtards like elph naming "the biggest smackdown of 2016" a bald Muslim man shaking the constitution in Trump's face?

In case you didn't leave your house or access the internet in November of 2016 then no- the biggest "smackdown" of 2016 was 304 electoral votes, and the pendulum swinging back the other direction. Fuck this "popular vote" argument, it means absolutely shit nothing.

scotty if you need a safe space to go cry about racism and Trump with online strangers then you're probably the safest staying in the comments section of HuffPo.com.

I swear it's like your heads just pop off the pillows in the mornings asking yourselves "how can I be the best professional victim today?"

The real issue between you boneheads is that you'd rather be condescending inside a few sentences than actually even attempt to articulate your own point of view. Is this because you haven't fully developed your own thoughts outside of what the media feeds you? Or is it that you just enjoy the conflict? (similar to that of a low budget soap opera)

I mean look at all the REAL SUBSTANCE in the opposing comments above! It sure is attractive when you condescend those with different views/understandings of things. Must be nice inside your echo chamber where you can pigeon hole everyone else as a bigot or racist who doesn't agree with you. The best part of course is that you have no real ability to debate ANY of these things with statistics, or much less any factual information.

Sad truth here is that none of us really know how this Trump presidency is about to pan out, but I am certain he isn't going to destroy the country nor is Russia going to make us their "puppet". It's easy to cast blame that they "manipulated our democratic system"- but in reality they didn't manipulate anything, they simply uncovered all the corruption in the very "system" that you fucktards are whining was messed with in the first place!

It's really not a crazy thing to assume that if Hilary had won, NONE of you would be complaining about other countries interfering- because surely the millions of dollars that's been filtered through the Clinton foundation has never interfered or influenced anything in this country right?
dude just destroyed you all. RBG, Scotty and Bonnie are speechless and it's a beautiful thing

Old 01-19-2017, 12:42 AM   #177
FoolofaTook

Still no update on the rectal bamboo splinter?

Old 01-19-2017, 12:42 AM   #178
FoolofaTook

Old 01-19-2017, 12:43 AM   #179
FoolofaTook

(and to think some ppl have me on ignore! poor beggars)

Old 01-19-2017, 12:47 AM   #180
redbreegull

Quote:
(and to think some ppl have me on ignore! poor beggars)
I don't know why anyone would bothering ignoring you when we have users like poots and fuzzyroes