Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2018, 10:41 PM   #61
redbreegull
Immortal
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 28,527
Default

btw he was saying the same thing about TFE when it came out in 2005. "this will be appreciated in 20 years" haha

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:43 PM   #62
johncg
Demi-God
 
johncg's Avatar
 
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
btw he was saying the same thing about TFE when it came out in 2005. "this will be appreciated in 20 years" haha
Exactly?

 
johncg is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:45 PM   #63
DemonUnicorns
Ownz
 
DemonUnicorns's Avatar
 
Posts: 813
Default

Do you honestly think artists don't have personal favorite songs that they wrote?

You're grasping at straws.

 
DemonUnicorns is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:57 PM   #64
houseofglass11
Apocalyptic Poster
 
houseofglass11's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,791
Default

To his credit, Pretty Pretty Star and Strayz are great songs.

 
houseofglass11 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:00 PM   #65
redbreegull
Immortal
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 28,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
To his credit, Pretty Pretty Star and Strayz are great songs.
wow way to literally pick the worst songs on the album

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:02 PM   #66
redbreegull
Immortal
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 28,527
Default

the best ones are Mina Loy, DIA, Camera Eye, A100, Now and Then, Walking Shade, and Sorrows

All Things Change, and To Love Somebody are mediocre

Strayz, I'm Ready, and Pretty Pretty Star are terrible

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:02 PM   #67
johncg
Demi-God
 
johncg's Avatar
 
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonUnicorns View Post
Do you honestly think artists don't have personal favorite songs that they wrote?

You're grasping at straws.
I’m looking at patterns in speech and behavior over a long period of time and how they may or may not have manifested over the course of this Q+A...both in the latent and manifest content of his answers.

So yes, that one comment by itself is no biggie. But looking at the Q+A as a whole in the context of 30 years of Billy’s behavior on the public record, it does seem to fit in well as part of a larger constellation.

I’m sure there’s a chance I’m wrong. I’m just defending my point. The only thing I’ll add is that I do have a background and professional experience in working directly with individuals who have narcissistic pathology and have done a good amount of research on the topic. So I have, to some extent, developed an ability to profile such a personality type by noticing patterns of very subtle verbal and non-verbal clues.

And really...is anyone here going to put forth an argument that Billy is humble and nice and gracious to people?

 
johncg is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:02 PM   #68
slayed23
Demi-God
 
Posts: 380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
It’s subtle. But it’s there. Certainly, he couldn’t go off and say anything overt when his whole “get me outta this wrestling hole” tour is riding on James’ participation.

It’s not an overt attack. It’s just douchey.... like the comment about the production of “Jerry.” Why on earth would you say something like that publicly? Flood is a world renowned producer. Why risk saying something about his
work that could hint at disrespect?

He wonders why Dave Grohl “gets a pass.” It’s cause Dave Grohl doesn’t ever say anything but nice things about anyone. Cause he’s not a jerk.
I am willing to bet that you are the type of guy that gets upset when people say Merry Christmas.

 
slayed23 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:03 PM   #69
johncg
Demi-God
 
johncg's Avatar
 
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 434
Default

TILT for the win lol

 
johncg is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:12 PM   #70
johncg
Demi-God
 
johncg's Avatar
 
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 434
Default

I’ll stop pressing the point...I apologize for being excitable

 
johncg is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:01 AM   #71
T&T
Minion of Satan
 
T&T's Avatar
 
Location: montreal
Posts: 9,698
Default

Billy corgan is a narcissist. pretty sure we've done that thread to death. it's just a fact. we've even had a few professional boarders as psychologists diagnose him too.

 
T&T is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:03 AM   #72
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: in your father
Posts: 22,524
Red face

u mean catharine wheel?

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:26 AM   #73
pavementtune
**************
 
pavementtune's Avatar
 
Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
Posts: 7,957
Default

I find this Q&A pretty funny, for me the least grating written content from Bully I have read in months.

 
pavementtune is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:49 AM   #74
Kahlo
König der Beffen
 
Kahlo's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,960
Default

Amusing Q+A. Not as funny as johncg's bizarre rants in this thread.

JAMES' HAIR!! WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF JAMES'S HAIR?

*Johncg rushes in to protect James' honour*

 
Kahlo is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:54 AM   #75
smashingjj
mother rater
 
smashingjj's Avatar
 
Location: calm boy
Posts: 31,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
u mean catharine wheel?
and hereisnowhy4u/puzzlemuzzle.

I think they went to the same school actually

 
smashingjj is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:55 AM   #76
Kahlo
König der Beffen
 
Kahlo's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,960
Default

took the same shortbus etc.

 
Kahlo is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:18 AM   #77
reprise85
garbage person
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.
Posts: 29,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
I dunno. Am I?

Last I checked 90% of what people have said and written about Billy publicly over the last 30 years amounts to “he’s a self-absorbed prick and obsessed with himself.” And he’s has burned bridges spectacularly with almost everyone he’s ever worked with.

I’m pretty sure he’s not a nice or humble person based on that fact alone.
yes billy is a narcissist and could have said some nicer things but you are really reading into what was probably half-hearted after concert exhaustion answers

you seem to be working on your childhood stuff right now or working with people who are or researching it etc and it's easy to see it everywhere

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:40 AM   #78
johncg
Demi-God
 
johncg's Avatar
 
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 434
Default

Man, you know it’s bad when netphoria straightens you out on your Billy
bashing.

 
johncg is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:58 AM   #79
Oklahoma Sexual
Ownz
 
Oklahoma Sexual's Avatar
 
Posts: 683
Default

I agree johncg w almost everything you say. i see the pattern too. as for the james hair comment, i don't see it. it's a lame response and not funny or clever, but whatever. not sure why anyone would argue against what you're saying. BC is a cerebral narcissist. can't read his pretentious ig posts anymore.

 
Oklahoma Sexual is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:01 AM   #80
Oklahoma Sexual
Ownz
 
Oklahoma Sexual's Avatar
 
Posts: 683
Default

and slayed23 especially seems incapable of objectivity when discussing anything BC does. has this person ever critiqued BC or is BC some sort of infallible human to them?

 
Oklahoma Sexual is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:09 AM   #81
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Pizza Club's Avatar
 
Location: you sound like a casual fan.
Posts: 3,410
Default

Sometimes when I read these I think he's more of a dick than he needs to be to people and then sometimes people ask "Do you like David Bowie?" and understand completely.

 
Pizza Club is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:02 AM   #82
slayed23
Demi-God
 
Posts: 380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
and slayed23 especially seems incapable of objectivity when discussing anything BC does. has this person ever critiqued BC or is BC some sort of infallible human to them?
Saying Billy Corgan is a narcissist is a subjective statement. Not an objective one. Unless you are a doctor that has medically examined him in person, you are basically making a subjective statement.

It's cool if you feel that way. I have just as much right to think the opposite. I am not claiming my statement is objective however.

 
slayed23 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:16 AM   #83
amoergosum
Minion of Satan
 
amoergosum's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,098
Default

Does anyone know how to submit questions on Billy's Instagram channel?

 
amoergosum is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:45 AM   #84
Oklahoma Sexual
Ownz
 
Oklahoma Sexual's Avatar
 
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
Saying Billy Corgan is a narcissist is a subjective statement. Not an objective one. Unless you are a doctor that has medically examined him in person, you are basically making a subjective statement.

It's cool if you feel that way. I have just as much right to think the opposite. I am not claiming my statement is objective however.
at this point, it's objective. that's like arguing i can't call trump a narcissist because i'm not a doctor. we're beyond that.

my statement about you did not involve narcissism, you put that in. and if you think the opposite, and only support it because you have the right to think it, then you're worse off than i thought.

i questioned if you ever saw something BC did as a mistake, wrong, cruel, fallible, etc, because all I've ever seen from your account is blind faith and support.

 
Oklahoma Sexual is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:52 AM   #85
johncg
Demi-God
 
johncg's Avatar
 
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Does anyone know how to submit questions on Billy's Instagram channel?
You have to follow him on Instagram and watch his account. People now have the option to post an “ask me anything” dialogue box on their 24-hour stories.

 
johncg is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:58 AM   #86
amoergosum
Minion of Satan
 
amoergosum's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
You have to follow him on Instagram and watch his account. People now have the option to post an “ask me anything” dialogue box on their 24-hour stories.

I follow him on Instagram but haven't seen the dialogue box (on his stories).

 
amoergosum is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:45 PM   #87
slayed23
Demi-God
 
Posts: 380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
at this point, it's objective. that's like arguing i can't call trump a narcissist because i'm not a doctor. we're beyond that.

my statement about you did not involve narcissism, you put that in. and if you think the opposite, and only support it because you have the right to think it, then you're worse off than i thought.

i questioned if you ever saw something BC did as a mistake, wrong, cruel, fallible, etc, because all I've ever seen from your account is blind faith and support.
Just the other day, I said he made a mistake by not promoting the 30th anniversary show hard enough.

What you are saying is not objective, but you think it is... so I will not argue with you about it anymore. I guess I don't understand though why you feel the need to follow his instagram account so closely if what he says upsets you so much.

 
slayed23 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:05 PM   #88
Oklahoma Sexual
Ownz
 
Oklahoma Sexual's Avatar
 
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
Just the other day, I said he made a mistake by not promoting the 30th anniversary show hard enough.

What you are saying is not objective, but you think it is... so I will not argue with you about it anymore. I guess I don't understand though why you feel the need to follow his instagram account so closely if what he says upsets you so much.
what i'm saying is objective. there are facts to support b'arcy having NPD. these facts are not influenced by personal feelings. that's the definition of objectivity, so you are wrong. you can let it go all you want, but because i'm not being objective is not the reason.

as for his ig account, i don't follow it. the shit is posted here. and like i said, I DON'T READ IT.

what is wrong with you? seriously?

 
Oklahoma Sexual is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:05 PM   #89
Oklahoma Sexual
Ownz
 
Oklahoma Sexual's Avatar
 
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
Just the other day, I said he made a mistake by not promoting the 30th anniversary show hard enough.
mighty big of you, geo

 
Oklahoma Sexual is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:17 PM   #90
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
Cool As Ice Cream's Avatar
 
Location: František! How's the foot of your turtle?
Posts: 30,331
Default

children, children, stop the fighting. you're making baby juppi cry.

 
Cool As Ice Cream is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Billy's weight gain ohnoitsbonnie Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion 55 05-09-2018 07:38 AM
So when is Jimmy coming back? Elphenor Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion 36 03-08-2018 11:35 PM
There should be magnet linked torrents on spfc.org to demos, etc. CrabbMan Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion 551 03-05-2018 06:21 PM
An album between Siamese Dream and MCIS with the Gravity songs would've been amazing. BurtSampson Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion 41 09-17-2016 12:31 PM
Billy Corgan should unite with Buckethead morespsoon Pumpkins Archive 16 02-28-2007 02:51 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2014