Originally Posted by thedeadofnight View Post
song blows
"You're wrong about Solara." - Billy Corgan

Old 08-09-2018, 12:20 PM   #965
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 Hour View Post
Dude, the ticket for Mason was $23. And seeing the Pumpkins isn't embarrassing. They sounded great. I only said that some of Billy's self-indulgent antics (the Billy Christ, the costumes, that stupid fucking Dumbo song, Mark McGrath, the Solara video) are embarrassing. You could say that Manson's antics are embarrassing too, but that was always his thing. And if he came out now and just played a normal set with no makeup or theatrics, no one would want to see that. Billy and the Pumpkins could play a great set without all that other BS and I don't think anyone would give them shit.
Thing is, you lucked out in seeing a good Manson show. 50% of the time nowadays he's too drunk to perform properly. Don't forget, he cancelled Toronto due to "being sick" and he and Rob Zombie were laughing at it at Heavy MTL the next day.

Fucker came here two years ago, I told my girlfriend he wasn't worth attending anymore but she'd never seen him so I took the chance. Setlist was 10 or 12 songs, he slurred his way through four before disappearing backstage for ten minutes while the whole darkened arena started booing and chanting for Slipknot to come out. He showed back up, did Sweet Dreams, let the crowd Karaoke Beautiful people and fucked off. 8 songs total. Slipknot blew him away.

Manson was always about theatrics, yeah, but when he was actually relevant he had energy to spare even when he had to huff from an oxygen tank. I would be embarrassed to see him now because I can recall when his stage shows were worth a damn. Now he's just going through the motions - when he can.

I've been saying it for years; Manson should retire the whole shock rock shtick and change his approach to some form of doomy blues artist. I wouldn't give two shits if he ditched all the makeup, and I was a fan for fifteen years.

I wish the theatrics in SP's show were dialed down a bit too, but at least there's a kind of cynical vibe Billy's going for by making it all over the top on purpose. It's all spite because he's got to be a greatest hits act now, and I can appreciate that, and the arena audiences are eating it up, in addition to the fact that they're playing better than they have in years. Maybe next time they'll dial it down.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:52 PM   #966
spguitar0
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Lol fun fact. None of those guys are me and the guy on the right is playing drums in stadiums now with country band Brothers Osborne.

Old 08-09-2018, 02:12 PM   #967
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

maybe one of these guys then?

https://www.punkbandpromotions.com/p.../_v=1393797093

Old 08-09-2018, 02:15 PM   #968
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
Thing is, you lucked out in seeing a good Manson show. 50% of the time nowadays he's too drunk to perform properly. Don't forget, he cancelled Toronto due to "being sick" and he and Rob Zombie were laughing at it at Heavy MTL the next day.

Fucker came here two years ago, I told my girlfriend he wasn't worth attending anymore but she'd never seen him so I took the chance. Setlist was 10 or 12 songs, he slurred his way through four before disappearing backstage for ten minutes while the whole darkened arena started booing and chanting for Slipknot to come out. He showed back up, did Sweet Dreams, let the crowd Karaoke Beautiful people and fucked off. 8 songs total. Slipknot blew him away.

Manson was always about theatrics, yeah, but when he was actually relevant he had energy to spare even when he had to huff from an oxygen tank. I would be embarrassed to see him now because I can recall when his stage shows were worth a damn. Now he's just going through the motions - when he can.

I've been saying it for years; Manson should retire the whole shock rock shtick and change his approach to some form of doomy blues artist. I wouldn't give two shits if he ditched all the makeup, and I was a fan for fifteen years.

I wish the theatrics in SP's show were dialed down a bit too, but at least there's a kind of cynical vibe Billy's going for by making it all over the top on purpose. It's all spite because he's got to be a greatest hits act now, and I can appreciate that, and the arena audiences are eating it up, in addition to the fact that they're playing better than they have in years. Maybe next time they'll dial it down.
Yeah, I heard about the Toronto show. Me and another guy in the audience were taking bets on whether he would cancel again when the opening act came out about 10 minutes after they were supposed to, lol.

I probably did luck out with Manson; I have no doubt that many of his shows have been like the one you experienced. He did come off like a total dick when he got these three girls and one dumbass guy to all come up on stage and take their shirts off. Once of these girls looked WAYYYY to young to be doing that.

As for Billy, yeah, I see your point there, but I'm not sure that the fans have all been eating up all of the weird Bill-centric art and videos. People sitting around me were all like, "What the fuck is this?" and I've seen a lot of criticism about it online. I don't think it ruins the show by any means but it does seem to be too much. He can certainly do away with the Mark McGrath shit. For fuck sake, NO ONE but him thinks that's a good idea.

Old 08-09-2018, 02:24 PM   #969
spguitar0
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post

Woah throwback to the punk band. I'm the 2nd from right. I think that was 2012-ish? I don't even remember.

Old 08-09-2018, 02:42 PM   #970
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Punk as fuck

Old 08-09-2018, 02:45 PM   #971
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
He would really suit a Nick Cave style

Old 08-09-2018, 04:30 PM   #972
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Exclamation

Official YouTube-Release now of SOLARA live at the Troubadour:

This video is WAY BETTER done...

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 08-09-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:45 PM   #973
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Manson pretty much did adopt a doomy blues style on Pale Emperor. Great album, too bad the last one wasn't very good.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:40 PM   #974
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Remember when this band didn't make you feel embarassed to be a fan? 1989-2000 does.
I dunno, I'd say it started to feel embarrassing by the time of Machina, if not Adore. Corgans personality and the bands image at the time played a major role in that.

I was well over SP as a teenager by the time Machina came out. I remember sitting behind this flamboyantly gay guy in math class and he had this SP shirt and on the back was a giant S and a cross and a P. It literally looked like STP. I thought forever that it was a Stone Temple Pilots shirt.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/5xYAA...2Uz/s-l300.jpg

What a shitty looking logo

Old 08-09-2018, 10:46 PM   #975
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

billy sounds like shit but the band sounds good

Old 08-09-2018, 10:57 PM   #976
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I dunno, I'd say it started to feel embarrassing by the time of Machina, if not Adore. Corgans personality and the bands image at the time played a major role in that.

I was well over SP as a teenager by the time Machina came out. I remember sitting behind this flamboyantly gay guy in math class and he had this SP shirt and on the back was a giant S and a cross and a P. It literally looked like STP. I thought forever that it was a Stone Temple Pilots shirt.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/5xYAA...2Uz/s-l300.jpg

What a shitty looking logo
Yeah I remember the first time I saw that logo I thought it was for STP.

Old 08-12-2018, 10:42 AM   #977
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I remember sitting behind this flamboyantly gay guy in math class
Fuck's this supposed to indicate? Jesus.

Anyway, was at a barbecue with some old friends yesterday and one of them mentioned to me that she really liked the new 'burn down the sun' song and that it was apparently in heavy rotation on the local rock station. Said she absolutely loved the drumming and that it was the first SP song in a long time she thought was fun.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:13 AM   #978
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Fuck's this supposed to indicate? Jesus.
It indicates a fuzzyroes post

It's basically a disclaimer

Old 08-12-2018, 12:52 PM   #979
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Manson pretty much did adopt a doomy blues style on Pale Emperor. Great album, too bad the last one wasn't very good.
I just can't get into Manson at all.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:09 PM   #980
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i prefer xasthur tbh

Old 08-12-2018, 01:11 PM   #981
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Thank Tyler Bates for that, he wrote the album. Shame he didn't continue that amgle with the next one.

Old 08-12-2018, 04:58 PM   #982
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
He would really suit a Nick Cave style
I agree but don't forget he has very limited musical ability combined with poor taste and a terrible work ethic

Old 08-12-2018, 06:30 PM   #983
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Hasn't seem to hurt him in the past

Old 08-12-2018, 06:31 PM   #984
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

No more than a certain bald workaholic with plenty of musical ability that we all know and love, at least!

Old 08-14-2018, 05:36 PM   #985
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Looks like they won't release a second single from the album that once should be two EP's...

https://scontent-frt3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...38&oe=5C074351

Old 08-14-2018, 06:09 PM   #986
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Official YouTube-Release now of SOLARA live at the Troubadour:

This video is WAY BETTER done...
The studio version is a fucking travesty

I *like* the song live

Old 08-14-2018, 09:20 PM   #987
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
billy sounds like shit but the band sounds good
That's exactly my thought too.

Billy sounds fucking terrible.. like ruining the song with his singing and these stupid lyrics. But Jimmy and James do sound pretty fucking amazing rocking out to a sub-par song.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:20 PM   #988
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeadofnight View Post
song blows
+ 1

Old 08-14-2018, 09:22 PM   #989
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
The studio version is a fucking travesty

I *like* the song live
it's still a totally trash shitty song.. certainly one of the worst and definitely worst single ever in Pumpkins' catelog.. but yeah it sounds bearable and better live.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:27 PM   #990
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthusaroo View Post
it's still a totally trash shitty song.. certainly one of the worst and definitely worst single ever in Pumpkins' catelog.. but yeah it sounds bearable and better live.
Worse than Widow?

Retard