Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2018, 08:37 PM   #31
fuzzyroes
Banned

Lol I think it speaks volumes that the only other communities out there have to consistently sensor content. It's not like Netphoria is some corner in the wall that rips on a band for no reason, the artist at hand has just had a decline much larger than any of his other contemporaries.... Everyone fucking knows it... It's no secret to the world... But if you point it out "you're negative".

What I don't get is why the Facebook groups and Reddit forums constantly delete content... It's like they're trauma victims that just can't tolerate the truth.... It's either that or they're just nut-jobs that are so ecstatic that Billy wore their tee-shirt and they're just imagining that Billy is hanging on every word featured on their platform... Either way, it's totally irrational.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:14 PM   #32
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthurt View Post
lol

Old 03-17-2018, 09:16 PM   #33
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

it's rational in the sense that every one of these facebook groups and subreddits has known xy damage control folk(ers) as admins. each one.
when it became rather ridiculous (like deleting links to pitchfork articles because they didn't asskiss Bully enough) I looked around, every single one has one if not two admins who were around for a while and are kept as lapdogs by either - wearing their fan shirts, thanking them publicly, supporting their site directly (like spfreaks) etc.

you think it's a coincidence that some people who fall in the personal cult admiration camp (like Monte did) are kept close, or that Linda joins 4 different facebook groups?

plus honestly, if you are somewhat sane and don't enjoy the sport of talking shit about sp camp (which is enjoyable), most people would simply stop paying attention or participating at all in online convos, no?
I for one am not posting on any other sites associated with certain musicians to give them shit, as deserved as it might be, instead I just stopped going to gigs and stopped to buy their albums.

Last edited by pavementtune : 03-17-2018 at 09:22 PM.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:21 PM   #34
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Lol I think it speaks volumes that the only other communities out there have to consistently sensor content. It's not like Netphoria is some corner in the wall that rips on a band for no reason, the artist at hand has just had a decline much larger than any of his other contemporaries.... Everyone fucking knows it... It's no secret to the world... But if you point it out "you're negative".
I don't get to say this below I fuzzy post very often, but that's absolutely correct

Old 03-17-2018, 10:18 PM   #35
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
it's rational in the sense that every one of these facebook groups and subreddits has known xy damage control folk(ers) as admins. each one.
when it became rather ridiculous (like deleting links to pitchfork articles because they didn't asskiss Bully enough) I looked around, every single one has one if not two admins who were around for a while and are kept as lapdogs by either - wearing their fan shirts, thanking them publicly, supporting their site directly (like spfreaks) etc.

you think it's a coincidence that some people who fall in the personal cult admiration camp (like Monte did) are kept close, or that Linda joins 4 different facebook groups?

plus honestly, if you are somewhat sane and don't enjoy the sport of talking shit about sp camp (which is enjoyable), most people would simply stop paying attention or participating at all in online convos, no?
I for one am not posting on any other sites associated with certain musicians to give them shit, as deserved as it might be, instead I just stopped going to gigs and stopped to buy their albums.
Pave, I think you hit the nail on the head. Fans like us are just kicking it and giving our honest opinions, not giving a shit who might be offended... But folks on Sad Machines/Crestfallen realize that Billy is small enough now that there is a real possibility that he might be reading their content... So in reality, they're just pretending to be a critical community when in reality all they're doing is colluding with their false opinions in hopes that Billy will reach out to them in happiness about the overwhelming positivity that their "community" displays....

(yes, I know that conclusion sounds bat-shit crazy... But I honestly think it's true)

Old 03-17-2018, 10:20 PM   #36
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I don't get to say this below I fuzzy post very often, but that's absolutely correct
Thanks man

Old 03-17-2018, 10:44 PM   #37
T&T
Socialphobic

Billy is small enough now that there is a real possibility that he might be reading my content.
i hope billy reads what I have to say about him.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...40/283/350.png

Old 03-17-2018, 11:24 PM   #38
slayed23
Ownz

Everyone is free to have their own opinions. You are free to have a negative opinion on someone. But what I don't understand is why anyone that has such a negative opinion on someone would spend so much time following that very person's every last post on instagram. Why would you waste your time? It's one thing to listen to the music if you like it. Talk to people on here that you like talking to. But why focus on reading his personal thoughts and opinions when you hate them so much? You are only putting salt on your own wounds.

Old 03-17-2018, 11:38 PM   #39
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
If you don't like it in America, get the fuck out.
http://i63.tinypic.com/2vl3yo1.jpg

Old 03-17-2018, 11:43 PM   #40
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
Everyone is free to have their own opinions. You are free to have a negative opinion on someone. But what I don't understand is why anyone that has such a negative opinion on someone would spend so much time following that very person's every last post on instagram. Why would you waste your time? It's one thing to listen to the music if you like it. Talk to people on here that you like talking to. But why focus on reading his personal thoughts and opinions when you hate them so much? You are only putting salt on your own wounds.
true, only I doubt people who have that opinion actually follow their accounts on instagram and co to read whatever it is Corgan types that day. I for one don't for exactly that reason, just as it is rare that I read an interview in the past 10 years. I still see it on here now, at least parts of it, yes, which is something where I don't really understand why I don't avoid seeing it altogether. (which I did before, and sometimes for years at that, only the last gig I saw I actually really loved and that was only months ago, then the positive excitement of seeing them maybe as band again got me more interested, and well now I guess it's the phasing-out phase again.)

Old 03-18-2018, 12:56 AM   #41
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Not everyone here does it with the intent of taking massive steaming dumps on the band or Bill with every post.

I give the guy a little more leeway than most because I believe his psychological condition has severely hampered his ability to interact with other people in a meaningful way, and I don't think he can help but to overinflate his ego whenever he can. More than anything else, I feel sorry for him. And I can find a fair amount of tracks to like post-2000.

But even with those factors in consideration, it's been album after album of disappointments to varying degrees from inoffensive to outright terrible so I don't begrudge anyone their cynicism. There's not a lot of reason to expect anything good, much less something good that isn't botched by bad production decisions.

I'd rather be here where I can partake of or read interesting objective discussion about the band or its history rather than sift through the type of sycophantic crap BC needs to read to enforce his own opinion that he's still relevant. Every band has fans like that, but they're poison to someone with a brain wired like Bill's, and it strikes me as sad that we're well beyond the point where he'll ever accept criticism.

I do like to follow his instagram though because I do get the sense at times he does appreciate his audience (as much as he hates it) in his own weird way out of his own odd headspace.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:29 AM   #42
slunken
Virgo

this always happens when there's a flux of new members who think their opinion actually matters and we don't believe they will be gone in 3 months or less.

we're here letting the waves crash upon our bodies.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:07 AM   #43
lemonscure
Pledge

Negativity? I'd say more like reality-not sugar coated ass kissing bullshit that was on the Oboard back in the day

Old 03-18-2018, 09:11 AM   #44
T&T
Socialphobic

rubbernecker: "A driver who slows down at accident to have a look"

Old 03-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #45
FoolofaTook

me i have a picnic

Old 03-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #46
pavementtune

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
rubbernecker: "A driver who slows down at accident to have a look"
that is putting it nicely. we have our own picnic chairs and keep sitting at the side of the road, waiting for more blood.

dangit took haha.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:56 AM   #47
DaveKShape
Ownz

I think it's very interesting that all the "officially" modded sites involved with the band literally erase any sort of negativity about the band. The D'arcy "Billy demands 100% loyalty from everyone and never gives it back..." (paraphrased quote) is very striking when it comes to the identity of this place.

Sometimes (mostly for a goof) people who post here are overtly negative. A good deal of us are just old fans that have matured enough to use independent/analytical thought to address what's actually going on - a good deal of us are just calling it like it is, unmodded.

It was exciting for me too when I delved into the good SP albums. They're really fucking good albums. That doesn't mean that the mastermind of those albums is beyond reproach.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:01 AM   #48
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Default True that

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
that is Sp "fandom" in a nutshell though, isn't it.

took me only 20 years to actually stop defending that person altogether. to myself, for the most part. as in I was very reluctant to accept that someone who made music that meant too much to me is actually a garbage person. some are slower than others...

I must admit that billy is an idiotic sociopath that once wrote some good songs

Old 03-18-2018, 10:51 AM   #49
HerVelvetSpleen
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
. But folks on Sad Machines/Crestfallen realize that Billy is small enough now that there is a real possibility that he might be reading their content... So in reality, they're just pretending to be a critical community when in reality all they're doing is colluding with their false opinions in hopes that Billy will reach out to them in happiness about the overwhelming positivity that their "community" displays....

(yes, I know that conclusion sounds bat-shit crazy... But I honestly think it's true)
I don't think it sounds bat-shit crazy and have drawn the same conclusion.

As for the question in the op - being a fan of the band doesn't mean you have to love and worship everything that comes out of Billy's mouth. You can say It's wasting time being negative and I'll say it's people finally being honest.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:09 AM   #50
FoolofaTook

for some of us this is a fond pastime.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:10 AM   #51
FoolofaTook

like frolicking in the flowered meadows of the shire while listening to this:

Old 03-18-2018, 11:51 AM   #52
slunken
Virgo

https://i.imgur.com/SD6gJm3l.jpg

Old 03-18-2018, 12:21 PM   #53
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
I must admit that billy is an idiotic sociopath that once wrote some good songs
you're a weird one

Old 03-18-2018, 05:42 PM   #54
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAeroplane View Post
Everywhere you look there's really mean comments about the band, especially towards Billy, and there's very little constructive criticism, by very few people. I understand that we can't be happy about everything that has happened with this band but what I'm referring to is the really mean nasty destructive comments. That says more about you than it does about Billy and the rest of the people who have been part of the band. How does this particularly help you become a better person? Seriously, what's the point of all this negativity?
ugly piece of shit...if i ever run into you, anywhere, at anytime, for as long as i live, i will knock your fucking lights out. don't ever come near me, and if i hear even one more peep out of you in public about me, or the band, or the members of the band, i am gonna sue you for so much you'll never be able to afford so much as to even make a fucking guitar cable. i know plenty about copyright law, so before you run your trap anymore about what you think you know, or your delusional constructs of reality, know that to fight a lawsuit is at least a 30 to 40 thousand dollar endeavor. if you still got enough balls to go there, try me. nice to know you thought so little of me, and of us, but we're still willing to try to take advantage of a generous offer because you are a piece of shit and that is what fake pieces of shit do. at least i am real. unlike you, who is a sad creation. don't you say another word, or you'll be fighting something you can't afford and you'll lose everything. this will be the cost of you running your mouth on me ever again.

you do what you have to do you pig. but i'm telling you, you think you know what you are doing here with me, but you don't. if you just want to go to war, keep running your mouth. i;d like to see you try to sue me for libel. you don't have two nickels to rub together.you are a fake, a phony, a liar, and now a proven idiot. what artist will ever work with a manufacturer who disses her clients out? you are so fucking stupid. and you didn't even have the courage to deal with it in private. you run to a greek chorus of idiots to ape you on. like i said, one more word out of you in public and i will be suing you for ten times more than you'll make in the next ten years. and don't think i am one to make hollow threats. i've been in many lawsuits through the years, and haven's lost one yet. enjoy your 15 seconds of negative attention. you fucked up, you know it, so eat shit, shut the fuck up and accept you've attacked someone who tried to HELP YOU. but addicts and self-destructive people like you who HATE THEMSELVES must turn their hate out. if this is what you have to do to not kill your unhappy self, well then i'd say it was a wise decision. beyond that, you are fucking lame, dumb, and so so ugly.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:01 PM   #55
FoolofaTook

it's ok tho cos he posts pics of the child he fathered on a childbride

Old 03-18-2018, 07:12 PM   #56
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

http://www.femmezuigiri.com/wp-conte...1.49.45-PM.png

Old 03-18-2018, 08:10 PM   #57
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

i wonder why there's all this negativity about bills?

Old 03-18-2018, 08:17 PM   #58
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

How the fuck are you supposed to be positive about what this band became? I have never heard any music as good as the stuff I heard in their prime. Never. Admittedly I have lot more music to listen to but the point is that this was a truly special band. What I heard from the “new SP” bored me to tears and I never thought I’d say that about music Corgan wrote. And this was a band fans were led to believe was caring and wanted to create positive change (Tibet freedom concert, giving tour money to kids in need), and now look at Corgan. Friends with Alex Jones ffs

And Billy needs to be held accountable, especially for emotionally abusing someone he called a friend for over a decade.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:26 PM   #59
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
How the fuck are you supposed to be positive about what this band became? I have never heard any music as good as the stuff I heard in their prime. Never. Admittedly I have lot more music to listen to but the point is that this was a truly special band. What I heard from the “new SP” bored me to tears and I never thought I’d say that about music Corgan wrote. And this was a band fans were led to believe was caring and wanted to create positive change (Tibet freedom concert, giving tour money to kids in need), and now look at Corgan. Friends with Alex Jones ffs

And Billy needs to be held accountable, especially for emotionally abusing someone he called a friend for over a decade.
yeah I mean that's another thing. The band was sold to us under a certain set of values that at one time aligned at least roughly with our own, and now Billy thinks BLM is the same thing as the KKK and he is friends with Alex Jones, one of the most morally repugnant dickhead fakers of all time. How are we supposed to take anyone seriously who goes back on everything he ever stood for like that?

Old 03-18-2018, 08:37 PM   #60
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
yeah I mean that's another thing. The band was sold to us under a certain set of values that at one time aligned at least roughly with our own, and now Billy thinks BLM is the same thing as the KKK and he is friends with Alex Jones, one of the most morally repugnant dickhead fakers of all time. How are we supposed to take anyone seriously who goes back on everything he ever stood for like that?
There’s an interview from 1995 where BC talks about how people (including himself) aren’t sensitive enough and that if we all were sensitive enough we’d be out ending poverty and shit. Probably paraphrased that poorly but I think I got the point across. Now he rants about the “emasculation of America” or whatever the fuck he said. It is incredibly bizarre for me, as someone who has had both GNR (in the past) and SP (now) as their favorite band, that Axl Rose and not Billy Corgan is the one protesting Trump. Axl has always been anti authority but he’s also said some racist and homophobic ass shit too (always wondered how Slash dealt with that), although obviously people do change and he seems to have gotten better. I didn’t expect Axl to support Trump but I was worried he might. I would never have been worried about Corgan before I learned more.
If you watch old SP interviews you’d come away thinking of course BC would protest Trump, but....

It’s crazy how amazing his legacy would be if he had died in 2000. I’m sure we’d all be saying “if Billy were still here he’d protest all this shit!”