pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

soma, you moron.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:52 PM   #62
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppy Nono
They wouldn't continue without billy because they couldn't, are you having a bit of a retard moment today or something esty? How do you keep a band going without the man who wrote all the songs and the voice that sold them all to the world? it's not like billy corgan's voice is that of any dime-a-dozen vocalist or something. Some of your arguments against billy are pretty good but come on guy, you have to admit that last one is laughable.
I have never even mentioned it, but the shithead above me made a stupid comment and I replied. Why would they ever kick bill out? Seriously, come on. Bringing that up in the discussion is stupid.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:52 PM   #63
Axis of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrocus
Fuck you, bitch. What I said was the truth.
I don't think I've ever seen someone be more wrong.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:53 PM   #64
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

I think i'm fallin in love with pale princess.

Hey shuanna, did you get my pm?

Old 05-23-2007, 12:55 PM   #65
pyrocus
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Action
I don't think I've ever seen someone be more wrong.
LOL, are you actually telling me that you think James' songs were the most powerful and memorable Smashing Pumpkins songs recorded? Give me a fucking break...

Old 05-23-2007, 12:55 PM   #66
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
I have never even mentioned it, but the shithead above me made a stupid comment and I replied. Why would they ever kick bill out? Seriously, come on. Bringing that up in the discussion is stupid.
Good thing! I thought maybe you'd crossed into billykicker/corgan rules logic.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:57 PM   #67
candycane
Demi-God

Quote:
The thing is James/darcy wouldn't continue without billy. Not that they couldn't get another singer, there are plenty of shit singers out there, they just wouldn't.
Oh, and you're a stupid fuck.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:58 PM   #68
GlasgowKiss
Quaid Hates You

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by candycane
Oh, and you're a stupid fuck.
No, you're a stupid fuck. You stupid fuck!

Old 05-23-2007, 12:59 PM   #69
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Quote:
LOL, are you actually telling me that you think James' songs were the most powerful and memorable Smashing Pumpkins songs recorded? Give me a fucking break...

so dense.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:00 PM   #70
Axis of Action

Quote:
Yes, actually, that's exactly what I'm saying. If I had to pick my 10 favorite songs by the pumpkins, Mayonaise would certainly be on there.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:01 PM   #71
pyrocus
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale_princess
so dense.
You're deluding yourself, Kiki.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:01 PM   #72
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Thumbs down

Quote:
What a stupid fuck.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:02 PM   #73
pyrocus
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Action
Yes, actually, that's exactly what I'm saying. If I had to pick my 10 favorite songs by the pumpkins, Mayonaise would certainly be on there.
Well, then that's just your opinion now, isn't it? I'm not saying that Mayonaise isn't a good song, but it's not in my top ten. The top ten is reserved for Billy's songs only.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:04 PM   #74
pyrocus
Demi-God

Quote:
What a stupid fuck.
Don't get mad because I'm telling the truth. I know it hurts. You've been hurt a lot on here, haven't you?

Old 05-23-2007, 01:04 PM   #75
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Quote:
Well, then that's just your opinion now, isn't it? I'm not saying that Mayonaise isn't a good song, but it's not in my top ten. The top ten is reserved for Billy's songs only.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:04 PM   #76
GlasgowKiss
Quaid Hates You

Quote:
The top ten is reserved for Billy's songs only.
Well shit, you could have just mentioned you were closed minded.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:04 PM   #77
StrikeEagle
Pledge

Netphoria + No mods = Fuck Monkeys throwing shit at each other.

Whoever shits the most wins.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:06 PM   #78
A100
Demi-God

if you really think the pumpkins are going to stop playing soma and mayonaise just because james isn't in the band, youre daft.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:07 PM   #79
pyrocus
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeEagle
Netphoria + No mods = Fuck Monkeys throwing shit at each other.

Whoever shits the most wins.
Yeah, it seems to be the name of the game, doesn't it?

Old 05-23-2007, 01:07 PM   #80
paranoid
Minion of Satan

thats the other thing about this.. i would rather hear james. I did like some of the songs he wrote with the pumpkins, and if the band is doing a setlist made up mostly of oldies, it wold be nice to have james tune thrown in there.. but that's not going to happen now because james is not in the group.

I need to hear a damn boot of this show though to see how jeff fairs on some of the tunes. I am going to miss james though. He did bring an energy to that band sound wise that did make part of the picture of what the smashing pumpkins were/are. Those types of energies can not be replaced, same goes for darcy (this has nothing to do with concerning the image/look of the band).

Old 05-23-2007, 01:08 PM   #81
candycane
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by esty
I wanted you to understand Esty.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:12 PM   #82
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Understand what? That you're an stupid fuck?

Old 05-23-2007, 01:13 PM   #83
pyrocus
Demi-God

I don't see why they wouldn't play the songs that James helped to write. Billy wrote most of those songs anyway.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:15 PM   #84
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

everyones just assuming that's why they didn't play them. for all we know, the rest of the band doesn't know them yet. billy has to train a whole new set of monkeys to play these tunes, don't forget. the old set of monkeys had more time to perfect them.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:16 PM   #85
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Quote:
I don't see why they wouldn't play the songs that James helped to write. Billy wrote most of those songs anyway.
Well, since this is the billy corgan Ego tour, billy would never share the spotlight with anyone else, especially someone not in the band anymore. Someone who he has avoided talking about, and someone lots of fans would like back.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:21 PM   #86
danarchy
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3
I've interacted with a lot of different fans, but SP fans (maybe just Netphorians in particular) have to be the worst. And this is really saying something, since Tool and NIN fans are pretty stupid.

I'm not talking about having to constantly suck Billy's cock. There's plenty I don't like about SP: songs, albums, tours, etc. Yeah, it's easy to see how people can think the robes are stupid and be disappointed about not having old members.

However, stuff like all this posting of old band pictures and moaning over times past in the PARIS show discussion thread is sickening. It reeks of an obsession with IMAGE over MUSIC. This is how emo kids and mainstream pop fans act.

We get a HUGE fucking rock show, and an ensuing tour where millions of people will get to hear songs that might not have EVER even been played live again. PLUS, Billy is even allowing all this open bootlegging! How many mainstream rock bands do that?!

I don't give a fuck about how the current situation compares with your idealized nostalgia. I've been a huge fan since 1995, I remember Billy with hair and cute D'arcy and all that shit. YOU GET TO SEE SP AGAIN, you get to hear Cherub Rock and Silverfuck and Tonight, Tonight, etc. slamming you in the face from huge speakerss and Billy ripping out solos on stage. You get a whole new album of hard rocking songs.

If you can't enjoy this without James standing a certain way or making the occasional wisecrack, or without thinking about beating off to D'arcy later that night, then you're really not into the music at all, you're into an idealized memory.

I hate censorship, and think people should be able to post whatever they want, but I'm just sharing my reaction to what I see. Feel free to flame away.

You took the thought right out of my brain. Anyone who doesn't like the new SP line-up can go drink some gasoline and swallow a lit cigarette.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:21 PM   #87
pyrocus
Demi-God

Quote:
Well, since this is the billy corgan Ego tour, billy would never share the spotlight with anyone else, especially someone not in the band anymore. Someone who he has avoided talking about, and someone lots of fans would like back.
That's probably true given their history and all, but would it be that weird hearing the new SP play songs like Soma?

Old 05-23-2007, 01:23 PM   #88
A100
Demi-God

Quote:
That's probably true given their history and all, but would it be that weird hearing the new SP play songs like Soma?
anyone that is not a complete fucking retard will answer that question, "no, it is not going to be weird at all when SP plays Soma."

Old 05-23-2007, 01:24 PM   #89
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

it would be weird if they played soma because it's a song that fans actually want to hear.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:25 PM   #90
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Quote:
Yeah, pretty much. Although, when it happens, and I think it will, I expect plenty of dumbfucks who never saw james live with sp to come running here saying that he played it better than james.

Plenty of them will.