Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2007, 07:25 PM   #301
if there is a llama
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcm
i don't buy that. everything Billy was saying in interviews even before Jimmy was fired indicated that the next album would be a departure.
I'm sure it would've been a departure, but I don't think it would have been as drastic if Jimmy was around and the overdose never happened.

For the record, I agree Adore was made exactly the way it should have been. It seems like it captured the feeling and essence of the band perfectly.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:26 PM   #302
tcm
Braindead

Arrow

right, i agree with that. just saying it sure wouldn't have been Zeitgeist.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:30 PM   #303
firewoman
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by if there is a llama
For the record, I agree Adore was made exactly the way it should have been. It seems like it captured the feeling and essence of the band perfectly.
I agree. Adore is beautiful as it is. and it did reflect the bands emotional state during that time, especially Billy's. No other album i've heard captures loss more than this one does.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:31 PM   #304
firewoman
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcm
is gender really such a necessity around here. many people still do not know if i am male or female.
so tcm, for the record, are you male or female?

Old 06-28-2007, 10:49 PM   #305
theeggofhope
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Couch Ass
So I went to the show tonight and it rocked.. blah blah blah

The interesting part was afterwards. I went outside and saw a couple of vans coned off. I wasn't above hanging out so I did. A goateed fella came out (band bodyguard) and said the band would be out and requested we stand on the other side of the street and not "rush them." NO AUTOGRAPHS, NO SHAKING HANDS ( I understand that, getting sick would ruin the rest of the residencies and shaking hands is the worst thing you can do) The crowd of 50 or so including me hung out to see what would happen.

Jeff came out first and nodded to the fans before getting into a jeep and driving off. Ginger came out next and was really cool and gracious. I asked her what she though of netphoria and she said she heard it was "scary." She is a midget and super hot in real life. A really cool girl. The keyboard player garnered minimal attention but seemed nice.

Next Jimmy came out and nodded to the fans but didn't come over.

So, Billy comes out next and saunters over to the crowd. He walks right up on me and I couldn't help but ask "So Billy, what do you think of netphoria?" His response: "*snarl* I don't read that bullshit"

Godddamn. Seems Billy knows what kind of hatred goes on around here. Several people were filming but the only name I got was "Jimmypop97." he said he was going to post it on youtube. It felt funny being talked down to and verbally dissed by a childhood hero but I was glad to represent Netphoria. Hopefully this tape emerges as it could netphoria gold and indisputable proof of what Billy thinks about this place.

Was anyone else there for this?
We're all happy to know that you're the fucking idiot who got to talk to your childhood hero and all you could think to talk to him about was Netphoria, wow, good job shithead...
don't be pissed because you're a fucking idiot...

Last edited by theeggofhope : 06-28-2007 at 11:36 PM.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:34 PM   #306
SiameseCream
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingeroGuitaro
Which song is this? Sounds pretty good.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:59 PM   #307
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewoman
so tcm, for the record, are you male or female?
the poster responsible for the monster cock mayhem phenomenon?

Old 06-29-2007, 12:09 AM   #308
tcm
Braindead

Arrow

credit/blame for that really belongs to the wise and charmless duovamp more than myself.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:10 AM   #309
thurston
Demi-God

so did the video of this ever get posted? (i dont feel like going through all the pages searching for it just to find out its not there).

Old 06-29-2007, 12:27 AM   #310
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteLDS
somebody change the screen to lemonpaty and change what the billster says to something witty

Old 06-29-2007, 12:27 AM   #311
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster

"this isn't a fucking Zeitgeist leak"

Old 06-29-2007, 12:28 AM   #312
paranoid
Minion of Satan

perfect.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:49 AM   #313
Ramdust
Apocalyptic Poster

Default old?

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3...8072043mh0.jpg

Old 06-29-2007, 12:50 AM   #314
ben94gt
Pledge

Im not going to read 8 pages worth of comments on this, but I was standing right next to the original poster, I came here and registered because I knew this kid was going to post something on here about it since he asked ginger and billy about netphoria.

He said to billy "Billy, do you ever go to netphoria, netphorians love you"
to which he said
"thats bullshit"
the poster said something else like "no, we really do"
BC said "bullshit" and moved on to a question about Set the Ray to Jerry.

The original poster seemed to be a bit too obsessed with netphoria, but anyway, BC didnt neccessarily call netphoria bullshit, just the quote of "everyone at netphoria loves you" to be bullshit

Old 06-29-2007, 12:52 AM   #315
thurston
Demi-God

did someone tape it or is that bullshit too?

i'd kinda like to see that

Old 06-29-2007, 12:56 AM   #316
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben94gt
Im not going to read 8 pages worth of comments on this, but I was standing right next to the original poster, I came here and registered because I knew this kid was going to post something on here about it since he asked ginger and billy about netphoria.

to which he said
"thats bullshit"

The original poster seemed to be a bit too obsessed with netphoria, but anyway, BC didnt neccessarily call netphoria bullshit, just the quote of "everyone at netphoria loves you" to be bullshit
you need to post this as a new topic.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:57 AM   #317
buttercup
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Couch Ass
So, Billy comes out next and saunters over to the crowd. He walks right up on me and I couldn't help but ask "So Billy, what do you think of netphoria?" His response: "*snarl* I don't read that bullshit"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_Pakula
After reading through most of this thread I also have to recommend most of the people who posted in here to re-read this thread.

The truth is:

1. Despite whatever Billy thinks of this message board he still reads the board here on a fairly regular basis. (There is ample evidence to support this.) He may hate it here publicly but he doesn't ignore or dismiss this site at all.

2. Netphoria has been mentioned to Billy many times in the past, in most cases he either ignores it or doesn't directly address it.

3. After talking with Pumpkins management earlier it was clear that Billy and the band recognize the importance of this message board, there simply isn't any other Pumpkins message board that is as large or creates as much buzz as Netphoria does. The longevity of this board also cannot be ignored either.
How does Billy know it's bullshit if he doesn't read it? Or have someone else read and report back to him.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:57 AM   #318
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

this thread is starting to smell like bullshit

Old 06-29-2007, 12:58 AM   #319
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:

to which he said
"thats bullshit"

Quote:

to which he said
"thats bullshit"

Quote:

to which he said
"thats bullshit"

Quote:

to which he said
"thats bullshit"

Quote:

to which he said
"thats bullshit"

Quote:

to which he said
"thats bullshit"

Quote:

to which he said
"thats bullshit"

Quote:

to which he said
"thats bullshit"

Quote:

to which he said
"thats bullshit"

Quote:

to which he said
"thats bullshit"

Quote:

to which he said
"thats bullshit"

video.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:58 AM   #320
ben94gt
Pledge

why a new topic?

Old 06-29-2007, 01:00 AM   #321
Stratocaster_13
Amish Rake Fighter

Yeah I was right across from that kid when he said that shameless promo and Billy turned to me rolled his eyes, and I responded by saying "Fuck Netphoria", which billy then nodded and pointed in my direction for saying. Billy was really cool with us up till that kid opened his mouth, then he just kind of left and lost interest.

Prior to the kid talking however- I did take the opportunity to call bullshit on Billy and let him know he lied during the show when he said he never played "Rotten Apples" live before. {KROQ Acoustic X-Mas} He laughed and said, "Really, oh well," and shrugged his shoulders. He also said in response to me telling him know the shows kept getting better each night that he thought it was "because of the sound", which I assume means because of them tweaking everything during soundchecks. He did seem to agree though about them getting better. I was going to ask more questions- but then the kid namedropped this place.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:00 AM   #322
paranoid
Minion of Satan

because this was posted as this big glorious topic on this board about how billy said ''netphoria is bullshit'' when all along he was being misquoted.

fuck, netphoria IS bullshit. thanks old couch cunt fart.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:00 AM   #323
ben94gt
Pledge

I did not have a video camera, the best I can offer is my poor quality cell shot to prove I was out there. http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...illycorgan.jpg

Old 06-29-2007, 01:02 AM   #324
paranoid
Minion of Satan

I want to know what he said about set the ray to jerry..

Old 06-29-2007, 01:03 AM   #325
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

wow, that picture is creepy as hell

Old 06-29-2007, 01:04 AM   #326
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid
because this was posted as this big glorious topic on this board about how billy said ''netphoria is bullshit'' when all along he was being misquoted.

fuck, netphoria IS bullshit. thanks old couch cunt fart.
It was pretty clear he said "I don't read that bullshit."

I honestly wasn't trying to be a dick about it.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:05 AM   #327
dbol21
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet CD
I really hope it was set up like this

What, from the way Billy sings on Doomsday Clock. He probably would love clicking on that fag shit.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:07 AM   #328
ben94gt
Pledge

he said something about it being a joke between him and a friend about his mind being decrepit like Jerry (?) and I couldnt hear the rest before someone else asked another question.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:08 AM   #329
ben94gt
Pledge

wrong sir, he said "thats bullshit" to when you said something along the lines of netphoria loving him.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:09 AM   #330
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbol21
What, from the way Billy sings on Doomsday Clock. He probably would love clicking on that fag shit.
LMAO!!!