Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2015, 08:31 AM   #151
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Maybe the people of Deliverance were just pissed because their land was being flooded against their will. Did anyone think of that?

Yeah I think having a car might be more expensive in the long run, but I consider it worth it because I can go to a million more places. I actually dreamt about cars and you, Emma. I think you recently wrote that you guys got a corolla? Well I was visiting Australia and I went to see you and you had to drop off your kids' lunches and said get in the car. It was like a station wagon made of wood painted yellow and green. There was some sort of peeling large contraption in the front, which made it extra dangerous. You also went from one gear to the next by pressing lit buttons where the radio would be, yet there was no clutch. You drove through the school and that pissed off the administration there and you were like "whuuuuups".

Old 11-21-2015, 09:24 AM   #152
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

It's all so tragically close to the truth hahaha

I was thinking about you today! How when you looked after Linus he showed you his CD player. I was actually driving when I thought about it, and was cringing as I drove....

Old 11-21-2015, 09:24 AM   #153
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

We can't get by without a car now, not without cancelling cricket, trombone & swimming... :/

Old 11-21-2015, 09:25 AM   #154
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Hello saturday, I would welcome you if I didn't have to work.

Le sigh

Old 11-21-2015, 09:36 AM   #155
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I just wanted to get in before this comment made me look incredibly dumb...I have long been interested in the folk music produced in the area and I know the population is incredibly diverse, and now that it's been pointed out how close we'd be I think it would be an awesome place to visit and I definitely wouldn't use Deliverance as a reason not to visit...it's just been an incredibly long day and I still have organ practice to do, and it will be another long day tomorrow...so my brain is just fried.
lol plenty of Americans feel this way about Appalachia too. Very rural areas can be creepy for sure and there's sort of a trope in the American psyche of the dark, twisted side of people living in rural isolation. My friend from Sweden expressed to me a fear of traveling across the central US because of a picture she has in her mind of inbred serial killer hitchhikers on every dark corner in the countryside, so I guess America has broadcast this anxiety to the whole world via fiction and media.

Old 11-21-2015, 02:03 PM   #156
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
i just had a vag. ultrasound while severely bleeding. so gross and embarrassing. the technologist also left the measurements on the screen when she left and i took some pics to look online. its out of context but google says i either have super large ovarian cyst(s) or cancer. one of my ovaries has 3.3ml of fluid and the other has 57.4ml and is about 3x the size of the smaller one. and there is fluid in my uterus which i dont think is supposed to be there unless you're ovulating but my cycle is fucked up anyway so who knows

anyway im not gonna sweat it
Don't yeah because excessive and/or irregular bleeding, as i'm sure you know anyway, can be caused by perfectly functional cysts.

The truth is if you took any 30+ woman and had her scanned there are more odds a cyst would be found on an ovary then not and most likely she wouldn't even have had any symptoms to indicate she may have one. And of course in 99.9% of cases, these will be non cancerous cysts, even the non functional kind. Ovarian cancer anyway is super rare in women under 45 (he average age being 63).

(and ya i now it may sound weird this here guy is talking about this shit like he knows shit about it but i believe i do because miya has a pathological fear of ovarian cancer so i've read hundred pages worth of shit about it in the past 8 years because she won't, but rather ask me to read about it and tell her if such and such symptom is indicative of...my mom also had a very big cyst removed two years ago which yes was cancerous but she waited forever to have something done about it, like two years, and it still hadn't spread anywhere, removing the cyst was all she needed to do to be deemed cancer free...she was also 60)

Old 11-21-2015, 02:08 PM   #157
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Hello saturday, I would welcome you if I didn't have to work.

Le sigh
BUT YET YOU DO

SUCK IT UP LASMELLE

Old 11-21-2015, 03:00 PM   #158
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Fucking buuuurned.

Old 11-21-2015, 03:22 PM   #159
D.
Consume my pants.

LABURNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-21-2015, 03:31 PM   #160
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

it's saturday and i haven't even got out of my jammies

yay, Netflix!

Old 11-21-2015, 03:31 PM   #161
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

also it's snowing and wet outside

yuk

Old 11-21-2015, 04:53 PM   #162
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
You're in really bad shape and reading all that makes my palms sweaty. Please don't die on us, reprise.
my body is really starting to revolt against me but i dont think im in imminent danger or anything. i do have this feeling of doom all the time like im about to die and actual signs and symptoms of potentially serious conditions don't help.

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear about all of this. Have you made an appointment to get the lump checked out?
i literally found it a couple hours before i posted about it. its making me all paranoid though. i also have this little patch of skin on the outside of my left ankle that looks like a bruise (but it's not, been there for months) and has a slightly crusty texture. i looked all over the internet and could not find one picture of skin cancer that looks like it, so that's good. i meant to show it to my doc last time i was there but forgot. i have an appointment in a few months.

i have this fear of becoming a hypochondriac but i just have the misfortune of often having things wrong with me. so in an attempt to regulate my "hypochondria" i let things go too long

Old 11-21-2015, 05:17 PM   #163
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
Don't yeah because excessive and/or irregular bleeding, as i'm sure you know anyway, can be caused by perfectly functional cysts.

The truth is if you took any 30+ woman and had her scanned there are more odds a cyst would be found on an ovary then not and most likely she wouldn't even have had any symptoms to indicate she may have one. And of course in 99.9% of cases, these will be non cancerous cysts, even the non functional kind. Ovarian cancer anyway is super rare in women under 45 (he average age being 63).

(and ya i now it may sound weird this here guy is talking about this shit like he knows shit about it but i believe i do because miya has a pathological fear of ovarian cancer so i've read hundred pages worth of shit about it in the past 8 years because she won't, but rather ask me to read about it and tell her if such and such symptom is indicative of...my mom also had a very big cyst removed two years ago which yes was cancerous but she waited forever to have something done about it, like two years, and it still hadn't spread anywhere, removing the cyst was all she needed to do to be deemed cancer free...she was also 60)
thanks. i know we create a cyst every month that takes care of itself and ive had one that got big and painful where i went to the hospital. i know they are potentially annoying and painful but not usually dangerous.

my aunt on my father's side had ovarian cancer in her early 40s i know it is very unlikely i have it and im already scheduled for a biopsy anyway. i just wish things would work right. but i mostly do this shit to myself because of my weight.

Old 11-21-2015, 05:46 PM   #164
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
BUT YET YOU DO

SUCK IT UP LASMELLE
What a D.!

Last edited by LaBelle : 11-21-2015 at 05:54 PM.

Old 11-21-2015, 06:33 PM   #165
redbreegull

The extremely swollen lymph nodes thing happens to me sometimes when I get real sick. They feel like very tender, swollen little balls of tissue. It has always gone away by itself.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:12 PM   #166
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

thanks rbg. it happens to me too ive just never actually felt it like a ball before. im sure it'll be fine

just busted out the nebulizer

Old 11-21-2015, 10:21 PM   #167
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

oh man i did two treatments and i was hacking like i've never hacked before. i sound worse breathing but i'm actually much better. i guess i was so constricted that i stopped even wheezing much

today when i was walking around i found myself out of breath constantly and i just contributed it to being a fat ass even though that doesnt happen to me normally. see i like to ignore signs, like i said

doing two more treatments right now without the hacking drama this time.

Last edited by reprise85 : 11-21-2015 at 10:46 PM.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:50 PM   #168
D.
Consume my pants.

I raked leaves which i love. then we went to target for food and snacks and xmas lights. kid is making a fort and we're about to eat dinner and watch home alone and drink hot cocoa

Old 11-21-2015, 11:03 PM   #169
yo soy el mejor

my fav part of raking leaves is jumping into the pile. at least it used to be. i haven't raked leaves in a hot hot minute.

Old 11-22-2015, 02:29 AM   #170
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
I raked leaves which i love. then we went to target for food and snacks and xmas lights. kid is making a fort and we're about to eat dinner and watch home alone and drink hot cocoa

Old 11-22-2015, 02:36 AM   #171
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i have to get up in 3 hours and i cant fucking sleep

Old 11-22-2015, 02:37 AM   #172
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I hate when that happens

Old 11-22-2015, 04:19 AM   #173
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i've given up. im going to go into work and open because they are fucked without me but as soon as i can im getting out of there and going into a walk in clinic to get some more albuterol, prednisone, and hopefully some codeine cough syrup to stop this fucking cough. i really dont even feel that bad it just hurts and happens every 5 mins or so which is preventing me from sleeping

Old 11-22-2015, 08:21 AM   #174
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Uber has just started being available in my city.
The traffic monitoring department (EPTC) deemed it an illegal operation and Uber announced they'd pay any fine given to their drivers.
And taxi drivers have been doing all kinds of shitty things against Uber drivers, like blocking them on the streets and threatening them verbally.

Chaos has returned

Old 11-22-2015, 09:40 AM   #175
Mo
Immortal

Thumbs up

Quote:
That sounds sickenly pleasant. Good job, David.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:20 AM   #176
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

What do you jokers know about Wales?

Old 11-22-2015, 11:48 AM   #177
Mo
Immortal

I've spent five hours on the toilet this morning with diarrhoea and stomach cramps, only a cup of coffee made it finally stop.

At least I had a lot of time to read.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:08 PM   #178
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah Moon View Post
What do you jokers know about Wales?
The Wales flag has a cool dragon in it.

That's all

Old 11-22-2015, 12:38 PM   #179
strokous
Pledge

It's been 5 months today since my cat died and i still feel guilty as hell for not being there with him/ not being able to make him more comfortable in his last days/ not asking for more exams in his usual checkups even though his condition was rare, incurable and he never showed any symptoms until it was too late.

Old 11-22-2015, 02:41 PM   #180
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
The Wales flag has a cool dragon in it.
Yes, I'll grant you that.

Anyone else?