Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 08-05-2014, 11:39 PM   #91
Eulogy
huh

Because Obama isn't Bernie sanders.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:40 PM   #92
Eulogy
huh

It's all connected except in the ways that it isn't.

If a republican is elected in 2016, Rowe will be overturned. But we are not allowed to care about that. Because. Um.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:42 PM   #93
Eulogy
huh

Look at these fucking TRAP laws. They will work their way up right around the time we are mourning RBG's death or retirement. But hey. Vote third party!

Old 08-05-2014, 11:48 PM   #94
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

thanks obama

Old 08-06-2014, 02:06 AM   #95
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
A lot of people are conditioned to believe that mainstream medicine is the only thing that exists and anything else beyond that is bunk. I used to be one of those people, until this experience forced me out that bubble. We've been really fortunate, because I know that alternative methods doesn't work for everyone.
no, scientists have done research into alternative medicines and have found that they generally do not work.

if wheat grass cured cancer then we'd all know about it. to think otherwise is to fall into the InfoWars realm of thought. be as insulted as you need to be, but those are the people you sound like. "conditioned to believe" in empirical science, the greatest conspiracy of all. once you throw out the scientific method you might as well say that belief in christ cures cancer. i've listened to enough horror stories from oncology nurses. some people, due to your exact reasoning, use alternative methods on "traditionally" treatable cancer and you know what happens? They die. Of cancer. Horribly, I might add.

And before you talk about dumping on your sister and being inconsiderate and I dunno what it's like...I was very close to my aunt and she DIED of cancer they couldn't treat, or could even identify correctly until the end. It was that rare. Now, I could have made a choice to decide that because of my personal experience watching my aunt die of cancer that the scientific method was bullshit and my aunt should have centered her chakras and ate vegetarian. But that's ridiculous, and we do have proof.

lastly, and I do mean lastly, when i asked you to prove your case re: obama care i wanted you to stop using personal experience. because it is irrelevant. the fact that you think i was asking you to break HIPAA or whatever by telling me your first hand experience was to miss the point.

Last edited by Trotskilicious : 08-06-2014 at 04:06 AM.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:38 AM   #96
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
how can you even argue that the ideological makeup of the supreme court does not matter? how is that even a contention that can be made?
at this point i'm almost to the point of going "practically nothing matters and they're going to kill people no matter what and spy on us and all this shit but at least a couple gay dudes can get hitched if i vote for this guy"

but seriously guys, i'm of the mind that this entire socio-political-economic culture we've created absolutely must be destroyed and it seems to me the only real cure for our ills is an asteroid impact.

we really are a repulsive species that's killing the planet. even day to day, if you are using a computer you are killing the planet.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:22 AM   #97
Elphenor
Braindead

It's weird how some people trust personal experience over scientific evidence.
But I feel most people I meet in my life are like this. They believe in ghosts because one time they saw one. And they believe poverty is a choice because they have this sister in Texas who lives of welfare because she refuses to get a job. And Universal healthcare is the worst thing ever because they have this friend who lives in Canada who had to wait a long time or something.
Etc. Etc.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:22 AM   #98
Elphenor
Braindead

God exists because one time something weird happened

Old 08-06-2014, 06:09 AM   #99
Trotskilicious
Banned

how do you know ghosts DON'T exist? you can't possibly know if ghosts exist or not. you don't know every little thing about ghosts. i've seen a ghost. sounds like you're conditioned to the mainstream, what they don't tell you is that none of the people who don't believe in ghosts have ever seen a ghost.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #100
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
at this point i'm almost to the point of going "practically nothing matters and they're going to kill people no matter what and spy on us and all this shit but at least a couple gay dudes can get hitched if i vote for this guy"

but seriously guys, i'm of the mind that this entire socio-political-economic culture we've created absolutely must be destroyed and it seems to me the only real cure for our ills is an asteroid impact.

we really are a repulsive species that's killing the planet. even day to day, if you are using a computer you are killing the planet.
Why do you insist on minimizing civil and reproductive rights.

Could it have something to do with you being a white male

Also the Supreme Court gave us citizens united and gave the executive branch basically unlimited military related decision making during the bush years, which will continue until the makeup of the court changes.

The Supreme Court affects everything. How do you not get that

Old 08-06-2014, 01:51 PM   #101
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

the extreme level of suck that we're living under is due almost entirely to 5 men sitting on the Supreme court and many other Republican appointees to the federal bench. The money in campaign financing lack of access to health care clinics for women, etc etc etc

If there was one more woman and one fewer of those right wing men on the court it would impact the lives of a lot of people.

it does matter.

when people say it doesn't matter who you vote for they're usually expressing social/political nihilism, which is a hell of a lot easier than dealing with shit. it lets them off the hook for making decisions and having to live with them.

I hear this a lot with otherwise liberal leaning voters. Then I look at the primaries yesterday in my own state and only 13% of the population voted. I'm guessing the 87% that didn't vote includes everyone in the nihilist camp. the same people that will spend the rest of the election cycle bitching about how the candidates suck. Or complaining about how our state's infrastructure is deteriorating or the schools are broke. But where were they when only 13% of voters approved another $1billion dollar tax break to businesses?

Last edited by MyOneAndOnly : 08-06-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Old 08-06-2014, 04:36 PM   #102
FutureBoy
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
how can you even argue that the ideological makeup of the supreme court does not matter? how is that even a contention that can be made?
it wasn't, but eulogy likes arguing bs points nobody is making when he can't see the bigger picture.

Old 08-06-2014, 04:52 PM   #103
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

del

Old 08-06-2014, 04:54 PM   #104
Eulogy
huh

What have I said about the Supreme Court and/or it's importance that is wrong

Old 08-06-2014, 04:55 PM   #105
Eulogy
huh

Or what is your point about it that I am somehow missing

Lemme guess

YOU'RE NOT GONNA SAY

Old 08-06-2014, 05:20 PM   #106
FutureBoy
Ownz

I've already said and all you do is twist it into something stupid like you just did. there is just no incentive in tryin to explain it to you. you do not get it. you cannot see beyond short term political gains.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:22 PM   #107
FutureBoy
Ownz

I'm sorry I just made you say all that stuff to starla, trots. I should learn to stay out of it.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:59 PM   #108
redbreegull

wow futureboy again somehow managed to argue something without saying a damn fucking thing what a shocker

Old 08-06-2014, 07:05 PM   #109
FutureBoy
Ownz

I didn't argue our even attempt to, are you stupid

Old 08-06-2014, 07:06 PM   #110
FutureBoy
Ownz

like, what

I think youre stuck in that other thread

Old 08-06-2014, 07:07 PM   #111
redbreegull

HEY MAN I EXPLAINED MY OPINION SIX YEARS AGO DONT FUCKING ASK ME AGAIN

Old 08-06-2014, 07:08 PM   #112
FutureBoy
Ownz

it was the entire point of that post

Old 08-06-2014, 07:09 PM   #113
FutureBoy
Ownz

work how unworthy you guys are into the next one, thanks

Old 08-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #114
FutureBoy
Ownz

trots is better at this than you.

no more accurate, but def better

Old 08-06-2014, 07:27 PM   #115
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBoy View Post
I've already said and all you do is twist it into something stupid like you just did. there is just no incentive in tryin to explain it to you. you do not get it. you cannot see beyond short term political gains.
Planning ahead so Rowe doesn't get overturned is short sighted?

Pretty much every political argument that can have a practical consequence is more short sighted than the makeup of the Supreme Court. You referenced a dumb Supreme Court argument. I have no idea what you're talking about and if you can't give me anything specific I'm just going to assume you made that up.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:27 PM   #116
Order 66
Socialphobic

where are these apocryphal "other threads" he keeps talking about

Old 08-06-2014, 07:28 PM   #117
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBoy View Post
I've already said
When

Old 08-06-2014, 07:29 PM   #118
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
where are these apocryphal "other threads" he keeps talking about
I honestly don't think they exist. He's never actually shared an opinion or made an argument.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #119
FutureBoy
Ownz

Talking

first it was couple of years, then 4 to6, 6 to 8, and now never

Old 08-06-2014, 07:58 PM   #120
FutureBoy
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
When
back when I said it, I should know I was there