Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2018, 12:37 AM   #151
thomas_bland
Ownz
 
thomas_bland's Avatar
 
Location: the diaspora
Posts: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
Darcy seems to have real problems. Her interviews were weird..bill wouldnt risk to take a wreck like darcy on tour. Healthy? Blablabla- milk a cow and then milk your hardcore wannabe marine. Drink some mate tea and watch mickey rourke movies, darcy.

1.she wasnt contributing much in the sp.
2. Her singing(on adore tour was weird)
3. Her bassplaying was mediocre
4. Drug abuse
5. Accusing billy for her fucked up lsdt 18 years.
6.the tour will suck anyway- the 4th tour where you hear the same worn out hits
Shut the fuck up or fuck the fuck off please. Littering the thread.

 
thomas_bland is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 12:57 AM   #152
buzzard
Minion of Satan
 
buzzard's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Erlandson: I had lots of offers from people who wanted to start some super groups with me. And many thought: He will become a second Dave Grohl and who knows what.

But my reaction was: I do not want to be like Dave.
Seems like a reasonable guy.

 
buzzard is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 01:15 AM   #153
jakobtheliar
Pledge
 
jakobtheliar's Avatar
 
Location: las vegas
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
Darcy seems to have real problems. Her interviews were weird..bill wouldnt risk to take a wreck like darcy on tour. Healthy? Blablabla- milk a cow and then milk your hardcore wannabe marine. Drink some mate tea and watch mickey rourke movies, darcy.

1.she wasnt contributing much in the sp.
2. Her singing(on adore tour was weird)
3. Her bassplaying was mediocre
4. Drug abuse
5. Accusing billy for her fucked up lsdt 18 years.
6.the tour will suck anyway- the 4th tour where you hear the same worn out hits
Yeah fuck you you fucking troll

 
jakobtheliar is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:56 AM   #154
brothahi4L
Demi-God
 
Posts: 344
Default

You guys seem to have problems with free opinions? Do what you wanna do....say what you gotta say...

 
brothahi4L is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:19 AM   #155
MyKeyZ
Ownz
 
MyKeyZ's Avatar
 
Location: Freak U.S.A.
Posts: 638
Default

If her bass playing was so mediocre, why is the original line up loved and adored and raved about when they performed live. Even Flood praised the four of them together as a unit. You're just some Billy taint licker passing off the BS he spouts as your own opinion like you know what you're even talking about. Piss off. The band were known for their live performances and each member was integral in that sound.

She was either A) a great bass player or B) a great bass player who had to play Billy's shitty basslines because, you know, Billy wrote EVERYTHING. She either brought her own or played exactly what Billy told her to play. If you believe the latter, then it's really Billy who is the shitty bass player.

 
MyKeyZ is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:43 AM   #156
Rider
Minion of Satan
 
Rider's Avatar
 
Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler
Posts: 9,435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyZ View Post
If her bass playing was so mediocre, why is the original line up loved and adored and raved about when they performed live. Even Flood praised the four of them together as a unit. You're just some Billy taint licker passing off the BS he spouts as your own opinion like you know what you're even talking about. Piss off. The band were known for their live performances and each member was integral in that sound.

She was either A) a great bass player or B) a great bass player who had to play Billy's shitty basslines because, you know, Billy wrote EVERYTHING. She either brought her own or played exactly what Billy told her to play. If you believe the latter, then it's really Billy who is the shitty bass player.
I've always thought they were a terrible live band. I never traded Pumpkins shows and never listen to them. I only started trading live shows when Zwan came around.

 
Rider is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 12:29 PM   #157
pinetree
Demi-God
 
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
You guys seem to have problems with free opinions? Do what you wanna do....say what you gotta say...
I pretty much agreed with what you said. Lots of h8rs here, Just ignore em. I like darcy and I kinda hate Billy. ..but that doesn't mean Billy is always wrong

 
pinetree is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:11 AM   #158
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 2,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
You guys seem to have problems with free opinions? Do what you wanna do....say what you gotta say...

I'm only worrying why you waste your time here at all with your complete negative opinion.

Why not better go and bug your neighbours instead...?

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:31 AM   #159
RenewRevive
Apocalyptic Poster
 
RenewRevive's Avatar
 
Location: Welcome to the real world jackass
Posts: 4,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I'd like to think that Billys intentions are pure, but it's clear with this venture that he's just interested in cashing in... The focus isn't on new music like with Deal.

If Billy was smart he would have rolled the dice with D'arcy while having Jack Bates on retainer in case she couldn't handle the workload. That way it's win-win. It's not like it would cost that much to pay Bates.
I agree with you to an extent. the Breeders are kind of a bad example though. I saw them on the Mountain Battles tour, playing a small University hall and it was a great, intimate show. But it's been 10 years between albums. Say what you want about the quality and direction of Corgan's "SP" output since 2007 but he's always touring with new music. This new tour is a different direction playing 1991-2000 material but it's hardly uncharted territory for a band and not necessary an indicator of the future, if SP has one.

Oh, bought a Breeders shirt outside the venue, stripy long-sleeve, still in the packaging, got home it was a girls. Gave it to my mum

Last edited by RenewRevive : 03-04-2018 at 05:50 AM.

 
RenewRevive is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:44 AM   #160
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Posts: 23,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
I pretty much agreed with what you said. Lots of h8rs here, Just ignore em. I like darcy and I kinda hate Billy. ..but that doesn't mean Billy is always wrong
no, true. BUT U ARE!!!


AHAHAHAHAHA

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:18 AM   #161
pinetree
Demi-God
 
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
no, true. BUT U ARE!!!


AHAHAHAHAHA
You're a very uninteresting character

 
pinetree is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:28 AM   #162
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Posts: 23,261
Default

its your

imbecile swine

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:29 AM   #163
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 2,683
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
You're a very uninteresting character
https://www.amazon.com/DWARF-MUGO-PI...&s=lawn-garden


 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:08 AM   #164
pinetree
Demi-God
 
Posts: 258
Default

There are so many varieties of pine. All beautiful and staying green all year long

 
pinetree is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:13 AM   #165
reprise85
garbage person
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.
Posts: 29,967
Default

I bet Darcy will laugh her ass off if/when nickelback is confirmed

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:14 AM   #166
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Posts: 23,261
Default

i like pines. they look like gigantor buds

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:29 AM   #167
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 2,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
There are so many varieties of pine. All beautiful and staying green all year long
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S89006796/


 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:40 AM   #168
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 2,683
Default

I dreamed last night the new feud between D'arcy and Billy was just a lack of communication and they all met at D'arcy's barn to play together for the first time again.

"Keep me searchin' for a heart of gold...", like in the movie "The Princess Bride".


 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:41 AM   #169
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 39,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
I've always loved this photo

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:32 AM   #170
TuralyonW3
Immortal
 
TuralyonW3's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,222
Default

getting that piano up there must have been a feat

 
TuralyonW3 is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:52 AM   #171
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 2,683
Default

Worth for the unique recording acoustic.


 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:31 AM   #172
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 2,683
Default

Alternative Nation's Buttcannon has made three articles now of my translation:

https://www.alternativenation.net/ho...p-kurt-cobain/

https://www.alternativenation.net/ho...estroyed-band/

https://www.alternativenation.net/ho...p-kurt-cobain/


Eric Erlandson - From grunge guitarist to Buddhist monk 2018/01/08

In the 90s, the band Hole was one of the pioneers of grunge and their guitarist was Eric Erlandson. When the band broke up, Erlandson left the music world - and became a monk. Shortly before his 55th birthday, he speaks in the “Deutschlandfunk” about his "Letters To Kurt", self-destruction and spiritual lifeline.
Eric Erlandson in a corso with Marcel Anders

http://www.deutschlandfunk.de/eric-e...icle_id=407696


 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:57 AM   #173
srt4b
Ownz
 
srt4b's Avatar
 
Posts: 781
Default

I still think she is going to show up on this tour.

 
srt4b is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:02 AM   #174
Run To Me
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Run To Me's Avatar
 
Location: Where the frog spoils the leaf
Posts: 4,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Alternative Nation's Buttcannon has made three articles now of my translation:

https://www.alternativenation.net/ho...p-kurt-cobain/

https://www.alternativenation.net/ho...estroyed-band/

https://www.alternativenation.net/ho...p-kurt-cobain/


Eric Erlandson - From grunge guitarist to Buddhist monk 2018/01/08

In the 90s, the band Hole was one of the pioneers of grunge and their guitarist was Eric Erlandson. When the band broke up, Erlandson left the music world - and became a monk. Shortly before his 55th birthday, he speaks in the “Deutschlandfunk” about his "Letters To Kurt", self-destruction and spiritual lifeline.
Eric Erlandson in a corso with Marcel Anders

http://www.deutschlandfunk.de/eric-e...icle_id=407696

Dude, it’s not his fault, blame Zuckerburg and Google. If you’re not ripping off the hard work of others, copy/pasting their original research to your piece of shit pariahsite, there’s literally no chance the Twitter algorithymicals will allow your site to even get past Snapchat or Instagrammed

It’s just how the internet WORKS now, sadly

 
Run To Me is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:21 AM   #175
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Funbags's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,971
Red face

Algos are the new gatekeepers

 
Funbags is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:24 AM   #176
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Posts: 23,261
Default

LEAVE BRETT ALONE

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:38 AM   #177
T&T
Minion of Satan
 
T&T's Avatar
 
Location: montreal
Posts: 9,744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4b View Post
I still think she is going to show up on this tour.
madm? keep dreaming.
courtney... she might show up to yell at billy from the 15th row.

 
T&T is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:41 AM   #178
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 2,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
Calling him a psycho based on his FB posts not that pic.
Is Patrick still on Facebook? He got blocked for a while from them for posting ethical forbidden material. Couldn't see him now at all anymore...

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:13 AM   #179
stripes
Apocalyptic Poster
 
stripes's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,174
Default

Sounds like ole Mancow is out of a job

 
stripes is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Echo & the Bunnymen singer is good friends with Chris Martin Catherine Wheel Music News and Discussion 76 04-14-2015 11:15 AM
netphorian haikus Dogfighter28 General Chat Archive 93 08-04-2013 10:53 AM
Questions and/or Answer You want to know but probably will know ScrotumSprite Music Board Archive 10 03-17-2011 09:29 AM
Attn: Bill wHATcOLOR Pumpkins Archive 45 01-09-2007 03:19 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:31 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2014