Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2018, 01:20 PM   #91
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
You can think Billy's an asshole from reading his interviews/social media postings over the years or think his political views are stupid, but there is zero evidence to back up that he is a racist or bigot. Again, some of you are letting your hatred of him and his political views blind you, and this is coming from someone who published an interview with D'arcy where she was very critical of him, not some Billy sycophant.

He compared "social justice warriors" to the KKK. He's racist af.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...s-kkk-20160419

Old 03-23-2018, 01:21 PM   #92
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
...even in the introduction they already try to go with the guilt by association tactic.

This is the first subliminal message to their liberal readers >>> Billy is bad!!!

...from the middle of the article:

Here they are at it again...subtly telling their readers 'remember what we told you about Billy in the introduction? Don't forget about it! He's guilty! He got interviewed by Alex Jones! And Billy is also a conspiracy theorist!'.

In the end of the article they are going full throttle...the readers mustn't forget what we told them in the introduction and the middle of the interview!!!

Guilt by association is activated to the max:

But they are not done yet >>>

We can't allow anyone having a different opinion, can we?

They hate any musician who's not a liberal. Who gives a shit who he voted for or who he supports? 62,984,825 people voted for Trump. Stop trying to make it controversial to support the President of the USA.

Again...they just can't allow a musician to not have liberal views.
"defied any opportunity to coddle conflicted fans"???...who cares about some conflicted pussies who need a safe space?

In the end of their article they tell their readers that the tour isn't selling well.

The NYT had a clear agenda to write the article the way they did.

They just can't STFU about politics. They could have used that space to ask interesting questions related to music.
Why are you on Netphoria? Go back to Sad Machines.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:27 PM   #93
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Just when I thought that I couldn't lose any more respect for Billy Corgan, he says some stupid shit like this...

“I’m not anti-anything except establishment. I find institutions and systems suspicious.”

This is really his fucking excuse for Trump? Trump IS the establishment. Man, Billy is a moron. Honestly, with the Alex Jones and shapeshifters, I really must come to the conclusion that Billy is not all that well in the head. I can't believe the guy behind these albums that I love is able to defend someone like Trump. Then again, Trump and Billy are both egomaniacal assholes, so Billy liking him kinda makes sense. These whackos love to stick together.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/billy-...mments-2271885

Old 03-23-2018, 01:34 PM   #94
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale_princess View Post

That could be criticized as a stupid statement, but not a racist one. The connotation he is making is that the KKK is terrible, and he thinks SJW's are also terrible. That's an easy statement to disagree with and think is ridiculous, but to say it's racist isn't accurate.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:47 PM   #95
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

am i the only one who watched his interview on alex jones and thought it was pretty good? alex kept trying to go down these crazy paths, and BC kept walking alex back down a path of sanity, asking alex to draw from deeper wells of knowledge. in my estimation, he put pressure on alex to step up his game and operate on a level higher than fear and fury. alex AND billy are both guano crazy, but nothing in that interview, from BC, was out of line. he was discussing free speech, as i recall. i found it enjoyable and admirable he'd walk into that audience and spout some rationality and sanity for a change.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:01 PM   #96
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
am i the only one who watched his interview on alex jones and thought it was pretty good?
Yes.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:05 PM   #97
jakobtheliar
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
petition to ban
Seconded. Fucking clown shoes.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:21 PM   #98
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
That could be criticized as a stupid statement, but not a racist one. The connotation he is making is that the KKK is terrible, and he thinks SJW's are also terrible. That's an easy statement to disagree with and think is ridiculous, but to say it's racist isn't accurate.
you're smarter than that. It's racist whether it was intentionally racist or not. Comparing a white supremacist terrorist group to people fighting for equal rights for racial minorities is both ridiculous and racist.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:23 PM   #99
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
...even in the introduction they already try to go with the guilt by association tactic.

This is the first subliminal message to their liberal readers >>> Billy is bad!!!

...from the middle of the article:

Here they are at it again...subtly telling their readers 'remember what we told you about Billy in the introduction? Don't forget about it! He's guilty! He got interviewed by Alex Jones! And Billy is also a conspiracy theorist!'.

In the end of the article they are going full throttle...the readers mustn't forget what we told them in the introduction and the middle of the interview!!!

Guilt by association is activated to the max:

But they are not done yet >>>

We can't allow anyone having a different opinion, can we?

They hate any musician who's not a liberal. Who gives a shit who he voted for or who he supports? 62,984,825 people voted for Trump. Stop trying to make it controversial to support the President of the USA.

Again...they just can't allow a musician to not have liberal views.
"defied any opportunity to coddle conflicted fans"???...who cares about some conflicted pussies who need a safe space?

In the end of their article they tell their readers that the tour isn't selling well.

The NYT had a clear agenda to write the article the way they did.

They just can't STFU about politics. They could have used that space to ask interesting questions related to music.
wtf are you talking about. journalists doing their fuckin jobs does not mean there is some underlying political agenda. they were pretty easy on billy corgan given the number of prejudiced and just generally politically dipshitted fuckheaded things he has been saying the last few years.

also everything is political and any attempt to make a safe space where politics can't bother you is just privilege

Old 03-23-2018, 02:28 PM   #100
just1dood
Amish Rake Fighter

https://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/wp...eath-Whale.jpg

Old 03-23-2018, 02:30 PM   #101
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
am i the only one who watched his interview on alex jones and thought it was pretty good? alex kept trying to go down these crazy paths, and BC kept walking alex back down a path of sanity, asking alex to draw from deeper wells of knowledge. in my estimation, he put pressure on alex to step up his game and operate on a level higher than fear and fury. alex AND billy are both guano crazy, but nothing in that interview, from BC, was out of line. he was discussing free speech, as i recall. i found it enjoyable and admirable he'd walk into that audience and spout some rationality and sanity for a change.
I actually thought the same. I didn't even know who Alex Jones was before I saw the Corgan interview. I caught the slant that Corgan appearing there was this big controversial thing, I watched it and didn't understand the slant because I had never heard anything else Alex Jones had ever said before.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:33 PM   #102
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
wtf are you talking about. journalists doing their fuckin jobs does not mean there is some underlying political agenda. they were pretty easy on billy corgan given the number of prejudiced and just generally politically dipshitted fuckheaded things he has been saying the last few years.

also everything is political and any attempt to make a safe space where politics can't bother you is just privilege
Everything is political but a journalist doing their job, especially for the new york times, doesn't mean there is an underlying political agenda? I'm confused.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:44 PM   #103
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvase View Post
I actually thought the same. I didn't even know who Alex Jones was before I saw the Corgan interview. I caught the slant that Corgan appearing there was this big controversial thing, I watched it and didn't understand the slant because I had never heard anything else Alex Jones had ever said before.
cool

Old 03-23-2018, 02:47 PM   #104
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:

In that same discussion he talked about the KKK trying to march in a Jewish neighborhood near him and how stupid they were

Old 03-23-2018, 02:51 PM   #105
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY_GZn5VQAAdBQO.jpg

Old 03-23-2018, 03:10 PM   #106
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

He should post the full transcript or more of it.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:14 PM   #107
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Trump was elected President and plenty of people who listen to rock music voted for him, just like plenty of them voted for Hillary, and plenty didn't vote for either or vote at all. Many artists express their political views and appear on political shows, most just happen to be Democrats. Corgan actually has expressed his political views far less than someone like Eddie Vedder, who actually does it during concerts. Corgan has never discussed politics at shows, outside of a couple of comments in 2008 about Obama and Sarah Palin. The only time he really talked in-depth about the current political climate was the 2016 Alex Jones appearance.

The way the political part of this article was put in was meant to try to take a shot at Corgan, and he probably sensed it during the interview. You are never going to get someone like Corgan to open up about other things like D'arcy if it's clear you're trying to mock him with his political views. If I was interviewing Eddie Vedder or Billy Corgan for an in-depth thing I would not pose any political subjects in a way that would deride their views.
I think he did sense it. Did you see this?https://twitter.com/joecoscarelli/st...868686848?s=21

I completely agree with you. He may have political views that are odd but he is not alt right or even a Trump supporter. He just called bullshit on the hooker story and he turned out to be right. That's the pro-Trump message everyone is latching on to. I don't see that as an endorsement. The message he was trying to communicate wasn't that Trump is great but that the media has an agenda and can't be trusted. Most of us know that. Alex Jones used to appeal to libertarians and people skeptical of the government. He built Infowars on bashing the Bush administration, the military-industrial complex, the Fed and big banks, big pharma and other interest groups that have wrested the political process from the people. He gave a voice to libertarians (and crazy conspiracy theorists) That's how I knew about him. I'm positive that's why Billy liked him. There is still a thread of that present, but overall Alex sold out to capitalize on the polarization in the current political climate. His site is clearly pro-Trump, but because of that his following has grown and he's received more coverage in the last 2.5 years than he has his whole career. You can see in Billy's appearance that he is trying to downplay the new Jones and the alt-right angle to honestly discuss things he sees as troubling. Some people take offense to the things he said because it conflicts with their views, some people are a little more shallow and have the knee-jerk reaction to the contrived headlines that followed (which was premeditated), while others hate Jones for something like the Sandy Hook conspiracy. All of which is understandable. I think where I'm going with this is I agree with you that the political angle should have been left out. It's covered ad nauseam anyway. Maybe he would have spoken more about D'arcy.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:20 PM   #108
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
Perfectly fits with D'arcy's statement:
"I thought he wasn’t reading my texts, then he said, ‘Blah blah blah, I wish you well.’ I was like, ‘You don’t wish me well, you don’t love me, you don’t love anybody, you don’t care about anybody.’ Then he’s like, ‘Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you!’ I’m like there he is! There is the real Billy Corgan, I finally got through to you! He’s a like a dog with a bone, you just can’t get through to him."

Old 03-23-2018, 03:21 PM   #109
redbreegull

Quote:
Everything is political but a journalist doing their job, especially for the new york times, doesn't mean there is an underlying political agenda? I'm confused.
yeah well you had never heard of alex jones so maybe you aren't the most informed guy around

Old 03-23-2018, 03:22 PM   #110
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissesandNoise View Post
In that same discussion he talked about the KKK trying to march in a Jewish neighborhood near him and how stupid they were
well that completely excuses him of everything stupid he ever said

Old 03-23-2018, 03:24 PM   #111
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissesandNoise View Post
yeah... and comparing a black rights group to a white terrorist group... is fucking racist. no one is saying he endorsed the kkk. what are you even saying

Old 03-23-2018, 03:30 PM   #112
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
well that completely excuses him of everything stupid he ever said
I'm taking that as an example that he isn't a racist

Quote:
yeah... and comparing a black rights group to a white terrorist group... is fucking racist. no one is saying he endorsed the kkk. what are you even saying
You keep saying that, but I cite that he compared SJWs to the KKK. He never said the BLM movement was like the KKK. Is there a place other than that Jones' interview where he made a KKK reference but about BLM? I'm assuming the black rights group is BLM.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:31 PM   #113
KissesandNoise
Banned

Petition to remove Kisses and Noise!

I beat you to it

Old 03-23-2018, 03:39 PM   #114
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
yeah well you had never heard of alex jones so maybe you aren't the most informed guy around
Does having never heard of Alex Jones imply that one is uninformed? I didn't realize Alex Jones was such a shining beacon of relevant American culture.

I've never been friends with nor been acquainted with anyone who paid attention to Alex Jones.

I get my news from the most unbiased print sources I can find. I look at the events and facts of the world. What else do you need?

Old 03-23-2018, 03:44 PM   #115
myosis
Minion of Satan

you need to listen to alex jones once in a while, man

Old 03-23-2018, 03:45 PM   #116
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
you need to listen to alex jones once in a while, man
Apparently it matters. Oh, woe be my ignorance.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:50 PM   #117
redbreegull

Quote:
Does having never heard of Alex Jones imply that one is uninformed? I didn't realize Alex Jones was such a shining beacon of relevant American culture.

I've never been friends with nor been acquainted with anyone who paid attention to Alex Jones.

I get my news from the most unbiased print sources I can find. I look at the events and facts of the world. What else do you need?
you're not strengthening your case by reasserting your ignorance of what powerful media players are doing and saying.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:56 PM   #118
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
you're not strengthening your case by reasserting your ignorance of what powerful media players are doing and saying.
I'm aware that they're full of shit.

You're not strengthening your case by continuing to not have a case.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:56 PM   #119
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

I prefer to concentrate on some highlights from my location outside the new world order.

Old 03-23-2018, 04:03 PM   #120
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

Here, please read the definition of "racism". I don't think you know what it means.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...english/racism