Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Even 13 y.o., classic-rockistly disinterested me could dig houses of holy

Old 12-14-2014, 01:25 AM   #152
Elphenor
Braindead

13 year olds love Zeppelin you have your age stereotypes backwards

13 year old me loved ACDC, Sabbath, Pearl Jam, GNR, Zepp

ROCKNROLL FOR LIFE ALL THAT SPIKY HAIR AND YELLING AND THAT ELECTRONIC STUFF ISN'T EVEN MUSIC

Old 12-14-2014, 01:26 AM   #153
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

one of those bands is very much not like the other

you are a blasphemer. blasphemer

ps houses of the holy is my favorite one

Old 12-14-2014, 01:28 AM   #154
Elphenor
Braindead

But I mean I can appreciate their influence and such

Old 12-14-2014, 01:29 AM   #155
Elphenor
Braindead

I seriously just can't stand anything about Robert Plant. No, no. no

Old 12-14-2014, 01:32 AM   #156
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

morrissey is NOT that different if you take out all of his school boy pomposity. shirts undone to the waist? swaggering about suggestively on stage?

to hate robert plant is to miss the point about led zeppelin man, page & bonham & jones...don't blame them because they spawned a thousand pale shadows of the majesty of led zeppelin/jimmy page guitar solo instrumental parts. led zeppelin is why i don't care about blues rock. they killed it and dropped the mic. next up. zep & the stones are the be all end all. The best in zeppelin is to go epic, let robert say some stuff about hobbits, there is serious work going on

you invest way too much in looks. let the music speak for itself.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:40 AM   #157
Shallowed
Braindead

Led Zeppelin is okay I guess

Old 12-14-2014, 01:41 AM   #158
Elphenor
Braindead

It's his voice and lyrics more than anything. Yes they are instrumentally fantastic though. I would gladly chop my balls off for 1/10nth of that kind of talent on the guitar

Old 12-14-2014, 01:55 AM   #159
pumpkinfan1988
Pledge

He's technically sufficient, but when it comes to bringing another dynamic to a song he's kind of hanging out on the periphery. Too many short bursts, not enough sustain behind each note so to speak, that was always part of the Pumpkins overall sound.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:07 AM   #160
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
He was sulking backstage about god knows what afterwards. I can't really remember and it's not on YouTube.

As an aside, typing in "Jeff Schroeder" into the YouTube search bar gives "Jeff Schroeder homophobic rant" as one of the autocomplete options
IF ALL GOES WRONG - Behind The Scenes

Starts at 1 hour and 8 minutes in... apparently something happened with their amp and Billy was kinda making jokes and jabs and I think Jeff just took it way too seriously. Afterward backstage you'll see Jeff kinda made it like he was pissed at Billy. What a little whiny bitch.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:10 AM   #161
Elphenor
Braindead

I hated that documentary. Though it did a great job of showcasing how shit that era was

Old 12-14-2014, 02:10 AM   #162
Elphenor
Braindead

Only good part is that 99 floors song

Old 12-14-2014, 02:27 AM   #163
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Wow i just started watching it. The crazy girls with the bust of him........god... How totally creepy. And then a story about her friend dying... sometimes im like man this must be hard to be a (former) rock star. I'd just want to run away from these people screaming. On the other hand i really respect when they still give the crazies some of their time. But then again there was a camera there... nt sure what he'd have done if it hadn't been.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:29 AM   #164
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

You know he used to be really good at acoustic songs, considering i have a huge aversion for acoustic, i valued him greatly for that...but the acoustic songs in this are horrible....

Old 12-14-2014, 02:30 AM   #165
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

this documentary just felt like Billy saying "Well I'm The Smashing Pumpkins now, deal with it!"
over
and
over
and
over
and...

Old 12-14-2014, 02:30 AM   #166
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Sorry i realise probably everyone on here has seen this and discussed it...i just havent

Old 12-14-2014, 02:33 AM   #167
Elphenor
Braindead

Yeah the music is really bad and the whole thing is him whining about how everybody is stuck in the past

NO YOU JUST SUCK

Old 12-14-2014, 02:34 AM   #168
Elphenor
Braindead

He's just so unlikable in the documentary I don't know how they released it like that

Old 12-14-2014, 02:34 AM   #169
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
I seriously just can't stand anything about Robert Plant. No, no. no

In the Mood from his initial solo release is timeless-genius.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:40 AM   #170
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyZ View Post
IF ALL GOES WRONG - Behind The Scenes

Starts at 1 hour and 8 minutes in... apparently something happened with their amp and Billy was kinda making jokes and jabs and I think Jeff just took it way too seriously. Afterward backstage you'll see Jeff kinda made it like he was pissed at Billy. What a little whiny bitch.
Wow, I've never seen this before

All this footage is really cool to see. It's like a movie, almost, but it has JC playing drums and stuff

Yeah, all the threads on Netphoria kinda merge into one after a while so I don't know if this is the 'peak of billy's being an asshole' one but what an asshole

Old 12-14-2014, 02:50 AM   #171
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

I agree though that James and Darcy never contributed much and i get annoyed when everyone on here generally assumes they did. I'm not saying they were worthless members, but as composing goes, pretty much nothing or minimal.

And yes jeffs shredding is bad but....it's not like it has any effect on the albums, on the composition.

On the other hand he was being a bit of a bitch about the whole i wont play soma and mayonaise because James did stuff on it....

Last edited by The exploding boy : 12-14-2014 at 03:05 AM.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:51 AM   #172
Elphenor
Braindead

Wrong, James is a major part of the SP sound even if Billy wrote the songs

Old 12-14-2014, 02:51 AM   #173
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

I think too Billy chose jeff because he was partly asian but no good lookign and he was such a bitch about james being put forward in pictures because he was good looking.........ok not really but think about it....it might make sense. He thought shit this guy is so dorky and unattractive and plays without any emotion, i never have to be overshadowed by him.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:51 AM   #174
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Wrong, James is a major part of the SP sound even if Billy wrote the songs
And here you will submit substantial proof

Old 12-14-2014, 02:52 AM   #175
Elphenor
Braindead

Just listen to his solo album, the part of SP that is missing is on that thing. That weird pretty almost country esque sound

Old 12-14-2014, 02:52 AM   #176
Ram27
dumb

thinking about Nazi Germany...trying to have a romantic evening in with your missus when they were buring books outside

Yeah, the first few acoustic songs in there kinda suck

As does his new singing style. Dizzahhm

Old 12-14-2014, 02:54 AM   #177
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
On the other hand he was being a bit of a bitch about the whole i wont play soma and mayonaise because James did stuff on it....
By that logic he shouldn't play any pre 2007 stuff.

Quote:
Just listen to his solo album, the part of SP that is missing is on that thing. That weird pretty almost country esque sound
Country Girl, despite having literally the cheesiest lyrics known to man, has that groovy Pumpkins riff thing all over it. Kinda like Hummer

Old 12-14-2014, 02:56 AM   #178
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
That is not substantial. If anything you could make the argument his record sounded like this because he learned to compose songs under Billy. Which he kinda did. there is no ay his playing has not been heavily influenced by Corgan.

Old 12-14-2014, 03:01 AM   #179
Elphenor
Braindead

He doesn't sound like Corgan. You can almost always pick his playing out from Corgan's. We discussed this earlier in the thread, the way he approaches the instrument is atypical

Old 12-14-2014, 03:03 AM   #180
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

14 years out, 12 in.
fucking
years

get over it already, the recordings and time period with James didn't disappear, you can listen to it any time you want.