Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2018, 04:00 PM   #121
Alice
Minion of Satan

I stayed at someone's house in Los Angeles who was given a Keurig as a gift and never used it. Turns out those things make great homes for cockroaches. It was filled with them. Apparently this happens frequently in places like Southern California and Florida

Old 10-30-2018, 04:01 PM   #122
Alice
Minion of Satan

Warm, dark, and damp

Old 10-30-2018, 04:02 PM   #123
Alice
Minion of Satan

And when did I see the first one scurry out of the machine do you ask?

Old 10-30-2018, 04:02 PM   #124
Alice
Minion of Satan

Why right after I took my first sip of shitty coffee of course

Old 10-30-2018, 04:12 PM   #125
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

drank five cups of coffee today. my heart is doing somersaults.

Old 10-30-2018, 05:27 PM   #126
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I don't like keurig just because of the waste, and I haven't been impressed by the product either. Add in possible cockroach infestation and I'm definitely out

Old 11-01-2018, 11:36 PM   #127
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

ive been trying to lay off so much caffeine cuz a few days ago i thought i was having a heart attack at work, it was scary af and if i didnt have to worry about the bill i might have gone to the ER

but i survived and it got better when i took antacids but idk if that was placebo, wasnt like any heartburn i ever had before but it was my one guess at what it could possibly be.

just this weird like internal grabbing pain in my neck, radiating to my right jaw and ear and not at the level of my heart but kinda under my ribs and into my back - accompanied by a feeling of doom

im sure something was probably happening, but maybe it was just an anxiety attack of sorts. but im pretty sure it was legit angina. fucking bariatric surgery cant come fast enough

Old 11-01-2018, 11:39 PM   #128
ilikeplanets
Braindead

damn, that sounds terrifying. i hope it doesn't return any time soon. sometimes caffeine makes me wig out, too. like 1 out of 10 times, and it's totally unpredictable. i really should measure the coffee i use.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:41 PM   #129
ilikeplanets
Braindead

also, i tried a cold brew coffee and i didn't especially love it. i'm good with my hazelnut sugar cookie creme brulee french vanilla chocolate type stuff, from my kitchen

Old 11-02-2018, 12:50 AM   #130
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
I stayed at someone's house in Los Angeles who was given a Keurig as a gift and never used it. Turns out those things make great homes for cockroaches. It was filled with them. Apparently this happens frequently in places like Southern California and Florida
this is simultaneously horrifying and unsurprising

we all believe that people with pod coffee machines should be punished and now we can rest easy knowing that they are

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
ive been trying to lay off so much caffeine cuz a few days ago i thought i was having a heart attack at work, it was scary af and if i didnt have to worry about the bill i might have gone to the ER

but i survived and it got better when i took antacids but idk if that was placebo, wasnt like any heartburn i ever had before but it was my one guess at what it could possibly be.

just this weird like internal grabbing pain in my neck, radiating to my right jaw and ear and not at the level of my heart but kinda under my ribs and into my back - accompanied by a feeling of doom

im sure something was probably happening, but maybe it was just an anxiety attack of sorts. but im pretty sure it was legit angina. fucking bariatric surgery cant come fast enough
this is what I get. It really could be the stress from your plumbing situation at home - in isolation it doesn't seem like that much, but if your one resting space where your brain can relax at least to a point, disappears, then it can be the last straw. That's how it works for me, anyway - there's some 'last straw' factor + sleep deprivation + coffee + no food = panic attack, every time. Sorry you had to go through it if you don't go to the ER, is there at least someone you can call, so that someone knows what is going on? Just incase someone needs to make the call for you...

Old 11-02-2018, 03:13 AM   #131
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Warm, dark, and damp

Pussy?

My excuse is that 8m drunk of a Friday night.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:15 AM   #132
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

And while I’m in a sharing mood, poppa jacks are the fuckin’ best.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:04 AM   #133
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

imma have to up my "homemade coffee" game cos I just can't take this instant stuff at work anymore. the lattes I get across the street are always good but I could do well to save the $4-5 a day

Old 11-02-2018, 08:30 PM   #134
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
this is simultaneously horrifying and unsurprising

we all believe that people with pod coffee machines should be punished and now we can rest easy knowing that they are

this is what I get. It really could be the stress from your plumbing situation at home - in isolation it doesn't seem like that much, but if your one resting space where your brain can relax at least to a point, disappears, then it can be the last straw. That's how it works for me, anyway - there's some 'last straw' factor + sleep deprivation + coffee + no food = panic attack, every time. Sorry you had to go through it if you don't go to the ER, is there at least someone you can call, so that someone knows what is going on? Just incase someone needs to make the call for you...
well i did tell my coworker and sat down for a little while. i mean i didnt tell her i thought i was having angina but i told her i felt bad and very weird and at one point i started having a panic attack (the way i'm used to) and was able to get it under control so I wasn't like that -panic- place where you are just in the panic loop and incapable of functioning. i think she also realized i was worried it could be serious.]]

sorry you have to deal with that shit. it's such a weird kind of pain, like from a deep place and just so uncomfortable but so hard to explain. like your chest/neck is being pulled inwards or something

Old 11-04-2018, 02:03 PM   #135
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

i got a chemex from goodwill for dirt cheap. it broke and we replaced it, but by then i was already accustomed to using it. we only ever make coffee on the weekends. it's time consuming but i don't mind. the coffee tastes pretty good.