Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2014, 04:22 PM   #1
slunken
Virgo

Default Announce something private or candid about yourself that is Pumpkins related

i sing "sma-shing pumpkins" to the tune of the part in "USA" when he sings "re-vo-lution" and it's been years since i've actually listened to the song. so basically i just sing it to myself randomly over and over again. at this point its like a nervous tic.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:25 PM   #2
Order 66
Socialphobic

i listen to one diamond one heart almost everyday on my commute. but thats mostly due to laziness of changing out my cd player

Old 10-31-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
slunken
Virgo

I have lots of photos of me in 9th or 10th grade wearing brown pants and 70s polyester shirts while i'm pursing my lips

Old 10-31-2014, 04:28 PM   #4
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

I live with the person who once upon a time won the Machina mystery contest.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:28 PM   #5
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
I have lots of photos of me in 9th or 10th grade wearing brown pants and 70s polyester shirts while i'm pursing my lips
come to think of it i also have photos from this time of me wearing fishnets and carrying a lunchbox as well but that's for another thread

Old 10-31-2014, 04:30 PM   #6
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rairun View Post
didn't the winner get M2? you've won the lottery, mate.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:35 PM   #7
Order 66
Socialphobic

Quote:
didnt she live in europe.. and some girl named ****** took the grand prize because she couldnt make it to chicago

Old 10-31-2014, 04:36 PM   #8
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
didn't the winner get M2? you've won the lottery, mate.
No, she got 2 metro tickets with backstage passes, but couldn't afford the trip to the US. She gave the tickets away. Then they felt sorry for her and sent her a Machina lithograph, but Billy screwed that up too and addressed it to "Maria" (that's not her name). :P

Old 10-31-2014, 04:36 PM   #9
slunken
Virgo

30K TO BUY BILLY LUNCH

Old 10-31-2014, 04:38 PM   #10
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
didnt she live in europe.. and some girl named ****** took the grand prize because she couldnt make it to chicago
That's correct. Thru the Eyes of ****** was her username. Oboard admin.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:38 PM   #11
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
No, she got 2 metro tickets with backstage passes, but couldn't afford the trip to the US. She gave the tickets away. Then they felt sorry for her and sent her a Machina lithograph, but Billy screwed that up too and addressed it to "Maria" (that's not her name). :P

woah that's kind of fucked if you think about it.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:40 PM   #12
slunken
Virgo

i mean i remember "the mystery" being such a big deal, i guess it never registered that this is how it all played out. i always thought the grand prize was M2.

but with all the hype about the contest, in hindisght, a pair of tickets isn't enough.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:41 PM   #13
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
woah that's kind of fucked if you think about it.
"I'm laughing now, but it wasn't funny then," she says. :P

Old 10-31-2014, 04:41 PM   #14
dreams of glass
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I still have my old polyester shirt I bought at goodwill to imitate Billy. I remember finally finding a pair of brown pants too.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:43 PM   #15
slunken
Virgo

i demand restitution

@ rairun

Old 10-31-2014, 04:44 PM   #16
Order 66
Socialphobic

i was kinda into TEH MYSTERY.. my only regret in hindsight being that billy didnt even know what it was and we were all looking for a needle in a haystack that wasnt there

Old 10-31-2014, 04:44 PM   #17
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
i mean i remember "the mystery" being such a big deal, i guess it never registered that this is how it all played out. i always thought the grand prize was M2.

but with all the hype about the contest, in hindisght, a pair of tickets isn't enough.
I remember thinking that a pair of tickets was a good prize, but it wouldn't have hurt to fly the winner there.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:46 PM   #18
dreams of glass
Apocalyptic Poster

Also, I play guitar, and for a time in the late 90's early 2000's I really wanted to sound like Billy, until other musician friends and bandmates made fun of me and I stopped. Honestly, though, it was almost an unconscious thing I wasn't even aware of.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:47 PM   #19
F.Delacroix
Demi-God

silver pants

/MUTHAFUKIN THREAD

Old 10-31-2014, 04:49 PM   #20
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

I remember that contest. Feels like a lifetime ago. For some reason the name "Akasha" keeps springing to my mind when I think of that contest. Was that the winners username? I remember feeling bad for the girl because she couldn't attend the final Metro show.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:50 PM   #21
F.Delacroix
Demi-God

Quote:
i sing "sma-shing pumpkins" to the tune of the part in "USA" when he sings "re-vo-lution" and it's been years since i've actually listened to the song. so basically i just sing it to myself randomly over and over again. at this point its like a nervous tic.
on the nervous tic vein, i've been tapping the drum intro to "cherub" since i was 15 or so, one finger doing the bass drum, the other the snare. sometimes instead i'll do it by clicking my teeth, or will use my big toes, tapping them inside my shoes

Old 10-31-2014, 04:54 PM   #22
F.Delacroix
Demi-God

Quote:
i was kinda into TEH MYSTERY.. my only regret in hindsight being that billy didnt even know what it was and we were all looking for a needle in a haystack that wasnt there
yes, this for me was the first time i realized bill was fairly full of shit, that he wasn't really 20 steps ahead of everyone else. the band/billy's mystique unraveled pretty quickly from then. it was so disappointing.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:57 PM   #23
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
i was kinda into TEH MYSTERY..
it was how i first learned about alchemy and things like that so i'm grateful for that. after so many years of heavy metal satanic imagery it was really groundbreaking to have something come from a a white magic/philosophical background and be so upfront about it.

Quote:
it wouldn't have hurt to fly the winner there.
that's my thinking.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:32 PM   #24
D.
Consume my pants.

my teenage poetry was a straight up rip off of pumpkins lyrics most the time. i had like 10+ poetry journals.

also, if there was a word in the lyrics i didn't know, i'd learn it and then use it in conversations.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:34 PM   #25
slunken
Virgo

oh god did you do like all those fans that kept saying the word "melancholy" like "oh i'm sorry i'm just feeling a bit melancholy today" instead of SAD

Old 10-31-2014, 05:36 PM   #26
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
my teenage poetry was a straight up rip off of pumpkins lyrics most the time. i had like 10+ poetry journals.

also, if there was a word in the lyrics i didn't know, i'd learn it and then use it in conversations.
i keep wanting to digitally archive my high school tapes of acoustic guitar + singing but like every song is the worst pumpkins rip off ever. the one that sticks out the most is a song called "tommy" that is methusela with slight lyric changes. there's another called "my byzantine" that is pretty much just blissed and gone verses with a different chorus.

haha

Old 10-31-2014, 05:39 PM   #27
slunken
Virgo

part of me has been wanting to share tommy/methusela for years but it brings the cringe way too much. i realize part of that is what makes it amazing but oh god

Old 10-31-2014, 05:40 PM   #28
slunken
Virgo

this would have been circa 1998 when i was 16 btw for those keeping score at home

Old 10-31-2014, 05:58 PM   #29
F.Delacroix
Demi-God

Quote:
oh god did you do like all those fans that kept saying the word "melancholy" like "oh i'm sorry i'm just feeling a bit melancholy today" instead of SAD
i was quite resentful toward other fans at shows. privately, i mean. couldn't stand em. probably still couldn't.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:00 PM   #30
F.Delacroix
Demi-God

i think it has more to do with overhearing people's idiotic conversation about something they thought they knew a lot about; SP just happened to be the context at the time