Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 05-24-2014, 12:39 AM   #31
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

trots loves me so he's clearly trolling here

Old 05-24-2014, 12:42 AM   #32
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

some of the girls at work like 21-23 or so, they were like omg i like didn't even like know that like dc v. marvel was a like, thing and they were like all the same like lol

and i'm just like SHUT UP

Old 05-24-2014, 12:43 AM   #33
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

you shouldve asked them if they heard about it on npr

Old 05-24-2014, 12:44 AM   #34
Trotskilicious
Banned

there's a lot of "did you read/hear that on npr" at work tbh it's kind of like OH MY GOD ALREADYYYY

Old 05-24-2014, 12:44 AM   #35
Trotskilicious
Banned

fuckin non profits man

i love how they insist that they're apolitical but it's like "hey btw you just told us all about how ACS was a major driver for Obamacare. You declared war. Own it, FFS."

Old 05-24-2014, 12:45 AM   #36
Trotskilicious
Banned

why shouldn't the american cancer society come out with attack ads againt republicans saying "TED CRUZ WANTS YOUR GRAMMY TO DIE OF RENAL CANCER BECAUSE HE BELIEVES IN INSURANCE COMPANIES AND MONEY INSTEAD OF LIFE ITSELF. PRO LIFE, INDEED."

Old 05-24-2014, 12:55 AM   #37
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

I actually like Cap. Well he's had some horrible runs like the shit around 9/11 was pretty bad sometimes but when he well written he's a good character and in my mind if we're gonna talk boy scouts, more interesting than Superman.

As for DD i honestly don't think they should have put Elektra in the films. the truth is the Miller run was novel at the time but it hasn't stood the test of time that well (then again i'm kinda biased against miller). And then they remove Stick, well the old mentor teaching martial art is a cliche at this point, that was the argument.. Yeah ok. So...instead Daredevil TRAINS HIMSELF as a like 12 year old kid. Oh yeah that's definitely less retarded.... While i thought this part was boring and unnecessary, Batman Begins DID do the whole trained by ninjas thing and the movie did just fine.

As for days of future past...well Marvel isn't handling this one, it's fox. Don't want to assume Marvel would have necessarily done it better but...well i think the odds are higher they would have. it's their property.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:58 AM   #38
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
i mean it's just fucking incredible to me that you'd boil all of marvel down to captain america

you've never read any of these ever, have you

all you know is what they look like and yeah green lantern is cool or whatever but does anyone know what personality any of them have? they don't have one? yeah pretty much.

wonder woman doesn't have shit on storm, you serious? A golden lasso and some fuckin bracelets against the FUCKING SOUND AND FURY OF NATURE ITSELF

eat some shit
I've read way more than I should admit too.
Darkest Night is one of the greatest comic series ever. And it stars The Lanterns.

I'm talking about Avengers Vs. Justice League
Not all of Marvel. Because yeah there are some sick Marvel heroes but I mean if we go by anythinh they publish odds just dictate that some will be awesome.

Storm does fucking rock. But 90% of X-men blows. Like Wolverine? Fucking lame, man. And they're not even heroes they're mutants and there's a fuck ton of them which is lame.
Generally speaking:
DC = Aliens being human
Marvel = Humans being super

Because Im someone who feels like an alien in my normal life I tend to relate to DC stuff more

Old 05-24-2014, 12:59 AM   #39
Trotskilicious
Banned

i like cap also, i mean i just don't like some idiot kid showing up and telling us marvel is full of "boring boy scouts because captain america"

because you know DC is all about anti heroes and shit

here's an example of how DC is lame

most people acknowledge that the powersets of deathstroke and deadpool are exactly the same

however, deathstroke is one of those boring "mystery men" tropes where he just stands around brooding mysteriously
on the other hand, deadpool is a total goofball lunatic that never shuts up and breaks the fourth wall just because they let that one character do that, because he's completely mad why wouldn't he think he's a character in a comic book

that's pretty much the difference between marvel and dc.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:01 AM   #40
Elphenor
Braindead

Exactly.
Marvel is like if DC jumped the shark. It's like a parody or the fourth movie in a DC hero franchise.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:01 AM   #41
Trotskilicious
Banned

i bet you elp likes justice league because the cartoon was his favorite show growing up

here's the thing about avengers v justice league

DC apparently can't make a good movie without batman to save its life

sure, justice league is kind of cooler since it's the super team to end all super teams the most iconic and famous superheroes in american culture on one team

but the thing is it's boring, they are boring characters...marvel people fuckin fight all the time. that's what's makes it fun and that's what makes the movies work and why people want to see them. it's why the avengers went from b-league super hero team to the biggest movie ever and whedon captured that exact spirit of marvel, in that movie, to perfection

Old 05-24-2014, 01:02 AM   #42
Elphenor
Braindead

And Deadpool literally was created as a parody of Deathstroke btw

Old 05-24-2014, 01:02 AM   #43
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
Exactly.
Marvel is like if DC jumped the shark. It's like a parody or the fourth movie in a DC hero franchise.
i seriously fucking hate your goddamn opinions you smug, stupid little kid

Old 05-24-2014, 01:03 AM   #44
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
And Deadpool literally was created as a parody of Deathstroke btw
no he wasn't

rob liefeld cloned deathstroke pretty much completely but after liefeld went to draw his own bro comics for retard bros fabian niceza gave deadpool a personality unlike any other character in comics. successive writers have used him to satirize and parody comics in general and do fun, silly shit with him. he's not my favorite character in the whole world but he's so much more interesting than any generic dc hero and much better than their own parody/silly merc satire, lobo

don't start trying to tell me what the fuck happened in the 1990s in the xmen comics because you are way out of your depth

Old 05-24-2014, 01:06 AM   #45
Bread Regal
Banned

trots can you get out of the comic book thread, thanks.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:06 AM   #46
Elphenor
Braindead

I mean Spiderman is awesome.

But everyone else just seems like a joke.
YOUR MAKING ME ANGRY IMMA TURN GREENNN AHHH

But they are just comics, so I understand how people dont take DC serious regardless of how hard it tries to be

Old 05-24-2014, 01:24 AM   #47
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
i bet you elp likes justice league because the cartoon was his favorite show growing up

I was gonna say that but say Teen Titans instead.

Seriously when i played DCUO (for the record id have played a marvel mmorpg instead any day but marvel fucking sucks in that regard and won't bother doing anything good with their characters games wise. Marvel heroes is the lamest shit ever. Yeah a diablo clone in which i cant make my own character is EXACTLY what i wanted, fuck you marvel) i realised that most people like 22 and under had never read a comic and only liked this stuff because of the lame cartoons. It was pretty distressing.

I have to say though i cant back you on Deadpool. Never liked him. Deathstroke is kinda boring but i'd root for him in a Deadpool vs Deathstroke matchup. I find Deadpool obnoxious and not particularly funny. Of course probably the Liefeld connection doesn't help.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:24 AM   #48
Trotskilicious
Banned

spiderman is a stupid dick that only self-involved angsty teenagers are interested in

Old 05-24-2014, 01:37 AM   #49
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
which is lame.
Generally speaking:
DC = Aliens being human
Marvel = Humans being super

Because Im someone who feels like an alien in my normal life I tend to relate to DC stuff more

Marvel invented relatable characters. Spiderman being more or less the first.
In the 70s DC got their shit together and started to try a more Marvel approach to some of their characters and if they hadn't they'd have sunk. I mean like i said i dont buy too much into the DC vs Marvel thing, i can appreciate the more golden age elements of some of the DC stuff but i find in general most Marvel characters to be far more relatable (there's always exceptions of course like Thor)

And as for Hulk. the fact that he DOESN'T control his power in any way, and that it is in fact to him generally more a curse he wants to get rid of is what makes the character interesting (well i mean Banner). That's what the whole Peter David run in the 80's was all about. The psychological element of it. That was pretty novel, there's no other characters really like it. But sure if you want to narrow it down to Hulk Smash....

Also, Captain America is pretty much an alien really. I mean, he's displaced in time, in an era he doesn't belong to.

And of all the X-men characters to pick as "rocking" i wouldn't have went with Storm personally. They haven't known what to do with her in years. If you want to talk lame, maybe Cyclops before wolverine. (seriously has anyone ever liked Cyclops? )

Old 05-24-2014, 01:41 AM   #50
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
spiderman is a stupid dick that only self-involved angsty teenagers are interested in
Hes s perfect introduction to the marvel universe for kids and teens and was for a lot of us including me. I still kinda like him enough but...you know... its more like... I just cant really not like spiderman. He's pretty much the root of all comic things to me.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:42 AM   #51
Trotskilicious
Banned

you didn't read 70s/80s storm if you don't think she rocks the fuck out with her BBC out

Old 05-24-2014, 01:43 AM   #52
Trotskilicious
Banned

peter david wrote hulk in the 90s i think

Old 05-24-2014, 01:43 AM   #53
Trotskilicious
Banned

and nobody likes cyclops. NOBODY

Old 05-24-2014, 01:52 AM   #54
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
peter david wrote hulk in the 90s i think
he did too. Because his run lasted 12 years starting in 1987. I guess that's still more years in the 90's but i read it more late 80's early 90's.

And i was actually originally gonna personally ask you if as a xmen fan you liked Cyclops. I mean...i haven't read as much xmen as i should so i thought maybe if i'd read more i'd have found reasons to like him. But i guess not then.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:56 AM   #55
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
He's perfect in that way.
Comics are like Rock Music. They're meant for anti-social young people.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:20 AM   #56
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Jesse Eisenberg = Superman mumblecore

Old 05-24-2014, 04:25 AM   #57
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
trots can you get out of the comic book thread, thanks.
i'm sorry it was bad gas

Old 05-24-2014, 06:34 AM   #58
Catherine Wheel
Banned

I agree Ruffalo doesn't have the right look for Banner. He's too ethnic looking for that role. But he is a great actor regardless.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #59
TuralyonW3
Immortal

So much that I could reply to and argue about in this thread but I don't have the energy

I will say:
-the title is not good
-superman 1 and 2 are actually great superman films, especially for their time

Old 05-24-2014, 10:40 AM   #60
TuralyonW3
Immortal

I'm 10x better and more knowledgable than all of you at comics but Im keeping it in the sheath