Old 04-11-2017, 10:16 AM   #721
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Oh, God. You poor thing.

Mushrooms are the best.
Seriously, I feel so left out because of it

Most everyone I know swears mushrooms are the best thing ever.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #722
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Depends on the species imo

Old 04-11-2017, 10:23 AM   #723
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i'm just gonna come out and say it. i hate the title of this thread
This is the kind of honesty we need

Old 04-11-2017, 11:00 AM   #724
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
i hate myself so it appears to be an accurate representation of my self loathing

Old 04-11-2017, 12:19 PM   #725
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
It grew on me

Now I take it as a subtle nod to the remarkable memory that many of our esteemed boarders reserve for the various perceived slights/foibles/sins committed by their peers at one time or another

Old 04-11-2017, 12:22 PM   #726
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Also:

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Entertai...7_3x2_1600.jpg

Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Back here where we need ya (Back here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've got him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back

Old 04-11-2017, 12:28 PM   #727
LaBelle
Socialphobic

http://www.hudsonlee.com/wp-content/.../fisherman.jpg

Old 04-11-2017, 06:55 PM   #728
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i shredded poached chicken for tacos/easy dinner and made dough to make cinnamon rolls later.

tim is bringing home tomatillos for me to roast with garlic and mix with avocado and spices to make a creamy salsa.

i'm just hungry is all.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:51 PM   #729
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

a friend of my sister's who we've hung out with together and who was at her wedding posted a photo on facebook that had the text "family is anyone who loves you unconditionally" and I was about to type "...so, no one?" but then i saw my mom had liked the status.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:41 AM   #730
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i am in a b&w film photography class at the moment. it's a lot of work, but i love being in the dark room and being in control of my photos. i've been a big picture taker since elementary school and i'm just taking my first class.

practicing with composition, lines, shadows, and all that tech stuff should come before putting money into lenses, but i think you've got the right idea.

don't be like the dude who wants to start riding bikes so he focuses the outfit and accessories instead of riding a bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
It ought to comfort you that the 50mm lens is known as the "nifty fifty."

As yo soy el mejor seems to be suggesting, you're likely better off working with what you've got before too greatly expanding the collection. Too many variables might complicate what will inevitably amount to a trial and error experience.

If you haven't already discovered it, one thing to note about digital cameras is the distinction between crop sensor and full-frame bodies. I'd be willing to bet that your new acquisitions can be filed under the former category and, in this event, your 50mm will provide a field of view more closely resembling that of a 75mm. The significantly more expensive full-frame cameras and lenses are designed to match the 35mm film format.
Thanks for the advice! Yeah, I'll stick to the fifty for now and only get additional lenses down the line.

I also don't know why I typed "DSLR" when I meant to type "SLR," as it was a 35mm film camera that I purchased. I haven't even started yet, and I'm already fucking up.

Old 04-12-2017, 04:14 AM   #731
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Just got new phone to replace the one I lost. I really liked the Moto X I had, so I wanted to get another one, but they didn't have any, because that model is already a couple of years old. They only had the recent ones, and one of the few in that kinda smartphone mid range was the Samsung A5. I had a Galaxy before I got the Moto, and I liked the Moto a lot better. Granted, the Galaxy was a pretty old model at the time (it was, like, Galaxy 2 Ace, when they were already up to maybe 5 at the time), but I just found that it came with a lot of pre-installed junk software that can't be uninstalled. There seemed to be two of every basic app sort, because there would be the Samsung app, and the Android app. Some of the apps were shit that I would never use (who the fuck needs "Flipbook?"). It was even worse because that phone had very little disk space, and it eventually filled up. I don't even put any music on my phone, or download a tonne of apps. It was literally just updates to apps that filled it up.

The Moto X was a lot leaner in that department. There were very few pre-installed apps, and the few it had were useful, at least. It just seemed more customizable. It also had a very sleek design, with few mechanical buttons (the exit, back, and windows button were at the bottom of the touch screen), and a minimalist rectangular shape (only thing that sucked was that the rounded back made it bulkier).

The guys at the store convinced me to go with the Samsung anyway, because being this year's model, it has better specs than the Moto X had, anyway. Like, better camera, LTE capability, higher resolution, more RAM and CPU processing power, etc. I dunno, having better RAM and and a better processor seems like a good idea, but when it comes to shit like screen resolution... pretty sure that screens have become sufficiently high-res that any additional improvements are essentially imperceptible to the eye. The resolution of the pixels is probably already higher than the resolution of the eyes. It's not like I could distinguish the pixels on my old phone or anything.

So anyway, I've not spent twenty-four hours with the Samsung, and it's already fucking me over. All the apps disappeared from the app drawer. I know they are still installed, because I see them when I go to the list of apps in the settings. But I can't open them from there. Nothing I've done has allowed me access to my apps. Apparently, some people say that this happens because of some issue with one of the Samsung security apps. I've tried restarting the phone, force-stopping that app, but nothing works. A few of the missing apps still have shortcuts on the home screen, but not most of them. In what world do you have shortcuts to apps that you can't even find in the actual app menu?!

Samsung emojis are ugly, too. I liked the little Google blob emojis. Especially since I had a slightly older version of Android, when the blobs were still in that 3/4 view with kind of arched heads, rather than the full-frontal versions of today. Made them unique and distinguished them from everybody else's emojis. I mean, which of these conveys the emotion of "oh shit" better to you guys?

http://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.co...d647734479.png http://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.co...088a5280ae.pnghttp://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.co...2af666a545.png

It's too bad that there isn't just an updated version of the Moto X yet. There is the Moto Z, but it's super expensive and doesn't even have a 3.5 mm audio jack.

More like DUMBPHONES.

Old 04-12-2017, 04:17 AM   #732
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Lol, now my phone is stuck in this cache-cleaning loop, and has been that way for maybe the past hour. And I can't even close the program or turn the phone off. I don't know if it's the Samsung software or the third-party app (this app has worked just fine for me on my two previous phones), but this isn't the shit that's supposed to happen with a new phone.

Old 04-12-2017, 04:41 AM   #733
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I also don't know why I typed "DSLR" when I meant to type "SLR," as it was a 35mm film camera that I purchased.
What did you get?

Old 04-12-2017, 07:15 AM   #734
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

He got a Samsung A5. It has face detection.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:35 AM   #735
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I can detect your face

Old 04-12-2017, 11:34 AM   #736
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Lol, now my phone is stuck in this cache-cleaning loop, and has been that way for maybe the past hour. And I can't even close the program or turn the phone off. I don't know if it's the Samsung software or the third-party app (this app has worked just fine for me on my two previous phones), but this isn't the shit that's supposed to happen with a new phone.
i got a moto g4 and like it a lot, i dont think it has quite the specs of a moto x but i like it better than my galaxy 5. also it was under only $180 with 32gb space

Old 04-12-2017, 11:36 AM   #737
yo soy el mejor

take out the battery and put it back in, dk.

Old 04-12-2017, 11:40 AM   #738
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

try a factory reset, if that doesn't work then take it back because it's defective

pretty sure you can't take out the battery but you can force reboot i'm sure

Old 04-12-2017, 01:27 PM   #739
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

wow thats more than i've ever said about my smart phone in my whole life

Old 04-12-2017, 01:28 PM   #740
Trotskilicious
Banned

"hi what's the cheapest one?"
"here's one for $100."
"Ok if you must, good bye."

SHOPPING COMPLETED, EARTH POISONING MANDATORY CONSUMER GOOD ACQUIRED

Old 04-12-2017, 03:10 PM   #741
LaBelle
Socialphobic

That's basically how my last phone purchase went.
Except it took the phone company guys a full hour to get the bureaucracy of switching my number to a new chip done.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:52 PM   #742
redbreegull

DK have you tried drunkenly pissing on it? it worked for this broken gamecube I have

Old 04-12-2017, 03:53 PM   #743
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
"hi what's the cheapest one?"
"here's one for $100."
"Ok if you must, good bye."

SHOPPING COMPLETED, EARTH POISONING MANDATORY CONSUMER GOOD ACQUIRED
wait can you really get a smart phone for $100? I still have a flip phone even though it's not the most convenient because smart phones are so expensive

Old 04-12-2017, 04:30 PM   #744
Trotskilicious
Banned

both times i purchased a phone it was about 100 dollars. appletards will always pay an arm and a leg for their smart phone because they are paying a huge markup for the logo & brand and not the phone itself.

they give out phones with sign ups for flagship services like verison, at&t. i use virgin mobile tho & don't know why anyone else wouldn't.

also flip tops lmao dude, honestly

Old 04-12-2017, 05:35 PM   #745
yo soy el mejor

you hate capitalism, but you're gonna lol at someone for having a flip phone.

i feel like lol'ing when people get worked up over phones, so i guess i get lol'ing at things you wouldn't do.

Old 04-12-2017, 07:24 PM   #746
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

I've seriously contemplated going back to a flip-phone after four years of smart-phoning. I barely use it and it sure as fuck would be cheaper.

Old 04-12-2017, 07:32 PM   #747
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

my work phone is a nokia dumbphone.

last time i charged it, it lasted two full weeks on one battery. and for a day or two i actually used it a lot, as in, i called ~60 people.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:48 PM   #748
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
both times i purchased a phone it was about 100 dollars. appletards will always pay an arm and a leg for their smart phone because they are paying a huge markup for the logo & brand and not the phone itself.

they give out phones with sign ups for flagship services like verison, at&t. i use virgin mobile tho & don't know why anyone else wouldn't.

also flip tops lmao dude, honestly
class morality volleyed from an unexpected trajectory, you almost hit me with your consumerism bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I've seriously contemplated going back to a flip-phone after four years of smart-phoning. I barely use it and it sure as fuck would be cheaper.
tbh social pressure is the biggest reason I even kind of want a smart phone. My flip was $15 and I have a pay-as-you-go plan where I pay $10 a month for an unlimited text bundle, and the phone itself is a dollar for any day you call someone, free minutes with other verizon customers. I hardly ever use the phone though, I just use it as a lil' texting machine.

sometimes if I'm lost I will wish I had a smart phone, or for instance I'm using dating apps via an emulator on my macbook which I am afraid people might think is creepy, but for the most part I don't envy people who pay like ten times as much as I do a month for a phone and service

Old 04-12-2017, 08:49 PM   #749
redbreegull

like I don't need a computer in my phone, I have a computer in my computer

Old 04-12-2017, 08:50 PM   #750
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

you can get smart phones for like $30. yeah they aren't great but for $30 they can do like 75% of what a $300 phone can do