Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 10:51 AM   #811
Disco King
Minion of Satan

But can we please still make the thread about car crashes and ocean acidification

Old 03-28-2020, 10:51 AM   #812
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Only a big man can admit when he was wrong.

Old 03-28-2020, 10:52 AM   #813
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
jk yo soy. Let's be friends lol.

Old 03-28-2020, 11:04 AM   #814
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

You all saw it: an honest and heartfelt outreach of friendship to yo soy, completely rebuffed.

Old 03-28-2020, 11:08 AM   #815
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
F’lobes it’s cool nobody wants to told ya so about this, so please no need to apologize, but thanks for the sentiments. Hope you stay safe and don’t get laid off and everything. Banks have been deemed essential in most places, i think
Thanks. I hope everything works out and/or is currently working out OK for you. I can't imagine how terrifying this must be with children and family to look out for. I am sending out nothing but positive vibes in your direction (gassy farts being sent out in Took's direction currently).

Thankfully, I am still gainfully employed. We are working drive-thru only, and with a shelter-in-place order, it's only a matter of time before hours/staff get cut. But I will still get paid regardless, which I realize makes me extremely lucky and I am not taking it for granted. At all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
run to me put it better than i could have. be safe man!
Thanks, you too! I hope you at least get to enjoy some extra kitty time during this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Only a big man can admit when he was wrong.
That makes sense, because I made a big boy in the bathroom this morning!

Old 03-28-2020, 11:09 AM   #816
yo soy el mejor

consistent a-hole wants to be fake nice for one post and i'm supposed to what? i don't operate on your schedule, maaaan.

Old 03-28-2020, 11:10 AM   #817
yo soy el mejor

everyone stay safe, tho! don't forget to brush your teeth and shower and put on some jeans once in a while.

Old 03-28-2020, 11:14 AM   #818
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
consistent a-hole wants to be fake nice for one post and i'm supposed to what? i don't operate on your schedule, maaaan.
jk lol

Old 03-28-2020, 11:15 AM   #819
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

But really, don't talk about Took like that. He's trying.

Old 03-28-2020, 11:23 AM   #820
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

Firstly, while reading through this thread, I am glad that people are taking it seriously because it is no joke. As somebody who works in patient care, this shit is absolutely terrifying.

We are running out of everything. Our second, third, and last choices for protective equipment.
At the beginning of every shift, I get my temperature taken and have to fill out a short questionnaire about how I feel physically.
We have to come into work early, in street clothes, and then change into our uniform. We also have to bring a spare uniform AND an overnight bag in case we are exposed and placed in quarantine for two weeks.
We get ten emails a day updating us on what each hospital that we normally transport patients to is doing for these patients, what new procedures to follow, and what new protocols and equipment we are utilizing because we are running out of shit. And if, God forbid, we get one of these emails while on a call and do not check it prior to arriving somewhere are are not following procedure to a T, we get screamed at.
PD does not show up on scenes anymore unless we request them because they do not want to get sick. Then they ask us for extra masks that we do not have to give.
People have stolen masks and other equipment out of our trucks while we are inside helping somebody out. Twice our trucks have been ransacked when we get outside. And that has only been my personal experience, it has happened probably once a day for the last week. It has gotten to the point where we lock our masks up in the same cabinet we keep our narcs (pain medication) in.

I absolutely love my job. I do. And I worked really hard to get here. But holy shit guys, I am working with people that have been in patient care for thirty plus years and are saying that this is worse than anything they have ever seen before. It is hard not to be intimidated by that.

Old 03-28-2020, 04:37 PM   #821
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale blue eyes View Post
Firstly, while reading through this thread, I am glad that people are taking it seriously because it is no joke. As somebody who works in patient care, this shit is absolutely terrifying.

We are running out of everything. Our second, third, and last choices for protective equipment.
At the beginning of every shift, I get my temperature taken and have to fill out a short questionnaire about how I feel physically.
We have to come into work early, in street clothes, and then change into our uniform. We also have to bring a spare uniform AND an overnight bag in case we are exposed and placed in quarantine for two weeks.
We get ten emails a day updating us on what each hospital that we normally transport patients to is doing for these patients, what new procedures to follow, and what new protocols and equipment we are utilizing because we are running out of shit. And if, God forbid, we get one of these emails while on a call and do not check it prior to arriving somewhere are are not following procedure to a T, we get screamed at.
PD does not show up on scenes anymore unless we request them because they do not want to get sick. Then they ask us for extra masks that we do not have to give.
People have stolen masks and other equipment out of our trucks while we are inside helping somebody out. Twice our trucks have been ransacked when we get outside. And that has only been my personal experience, it has happened probably once a day for the last week. It has gotten to the point where we lock our masks up in the same cabinet we keep our narcs (pain medication) in.

I absolutely love my job. I do. And I worked really hard to get here. But holy shit guys, I am working with people that have been in patient care for thirty plus years and are saying that this is worse than anything they have ever seen before. It is hard not to be intimidated by that.
Where do you live? New York or LA? My mother is a nurse in Minnesota and they’re furloughing nurses there. I keep telling her it’s coming...

Old 03-28-2020, 05:16 PM   #822
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

I live in Delaware but work in Delaware County in Pennsylvania.

It escalated really quickly here, though it is also pretty densely populated and that does not help. It was literally "Hey, just wear a mask if they have a fever and cough" on Monday to complete panicked chaos on Friday. Our call volume has been lower here, but every call is just kind of a nightmare to manage on top of everything else. Especially anything respiratory because of droplets. It is a mess.

Old 03-28-2020, 07:00 PM   #823
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

you're a fucking hero PBE, I hope it doesn't stress you out too much.

and keep us posted every now and then, if you like.

Old 03-28-2020, 09:33 PM   #824
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Old 03-29-2020, 04:45 AM   #825
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Location: you look like you like to hang out. you look like you like to hang out and drink soda

they've started arresting people for jogging.

Old 03-29-2020, 07:40 AM   #826
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Good. Hope they'll keep doing that after the pandemic.

Old 03-29-2020, 08:20 AM   #827
FoolofaTook

Old 03-29-2020, 09:32 AM   #828
yo soy el mejor

lol

Old 03-29-2020, 09:36 AM   #829
yo soy el mejor

i'm dying to at least go for a bike ride (when it warms up and stops raining) but i really hope i don't get arrested. i promise not to go near any crowds of people.

Old 03-29-2020, 11:24 AM   #830
Cool As Ice Cream

i also wish the weather would be nicer.
it's actually been quite sunny all week, but with a very cold wind. makes even a walk unpleasant. and yes, a bike ride, that'd be good.
fingers crossed for next weekend.

Old 03-29-2020, 11:51 AM   #831
Disco King
Minion of Satan

From what I've read, experts are saying going for walks and stuff is fine and low risk, so long as you're not going to the park and touching high-contact surfaces or hanging out near people at the beach or whatever.

I can imagine it would be risky if it was some crowded path that everyone jogs on, but in my neighborhood, I see, like, a couple joggers spaced two blocks apart on my drive to work, and I'd think those people are probably fine.

Old 03-29-2020, 12:11 PM   #832
yo soy el mejor

ya it's just the weather still sucks, which is helpful for keeping people inside. we just took a walk to our community garden to measure the bed and walked a few blocks around and bought "loose squares" on the way home.

i was acting a fool and taking pictures of tim and doing kicks and waving my arms around cause i know i wont do that at home. and yesterday i was dying to see a movie because that's what we usually do when we're at home and want to get out. yesterday/today has been the height of my anxiety/cabin fever. we've not left the house for anything more than groceries or to grab some cigarettes since the 13th.

Old 03-29-2020, 12:16 PM   #833
yo soy el mejor

but this morning we went through our pantry and pulled out things we could donate to the food shelter down the block. i'd love to volunteer but honestly don't want to risk getting sick as selfish as i feel that sounds.

Old 03-29-2020, 12:21 PM   #834
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
i also wish the weather would be nicer.
it's actually been quite sunny all week, but with a very cold wind. makes even a walk unpleasant. and yes, a bike ride, that'd be good.
fingers crossed for next weekend.
wind is the worst and it's never around when you want it

Old 03-29-2020, 03:09 PM   #835
redbreegull

I just had a really great fight on facebook with a former coworker I actually respected greatly until a few days ago. it ended with me telling him about my family members who died and him blocking me in response lmao

Old 03-29-2020, 04:17 PM   #836
Cool As Ice Cream

did you challenge him to a rap too?

Old 03-29-2020, 04:32 PM   #837
redbreegull

oh shit no, should I?

Old 03-29-2020, 04:41 PM   #838
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Is it th same coworker

You know, the guy

Old 03-29-2020, 04:41 PM   #839
Disco King
Minion of Satan

He thinks space is fake and shit

Old 03-29-2020, 05:02 PM   #840
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Frame enough maps and you, too, will come to think of the Earth as flat.

Closed Thread