Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Will you boycott the upcoming tour because of D'arcy?
Yes, I am staying home because of the D'arcy debacle/it's not a real reunion 29 27.10%
No, I still plan to attend the upcoming tour 53 49.53%
I was never planning on seeing the band on the upcoming tour 25 23.36%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2018, 06:51 PM   #91
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

BUlly can get fucked and so can you, MarkeysInDads.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:51 PM   #92
FoolofaTook

You like Turgenev?

Old 02-15-2018, 06:56 PM   #93
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Yes

Goodbye

Old 02-15-2018, 06:57 PM   #94
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

ah come on, I was throwing nice little fluffy cushions at your butt!

Old 02-15-2018, 06:58 PM   #95
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
This was never going to come to my neck of the woods, and even if it did, I'm not going to spend $75 to stand in the back of a half-full arena and listen to Billy go through the motions.
this is making me feel better about probably not being able go (my kid will barely be 1 when the show nearest to me is scheduled, i can't expect her to tolerate a concert nor do i have anyone to babysit for the time it would take for me to drive there, see the show, and drive back). i hope someone records some of the concerts because i want to gawk at this

Old 02-15-2018, 06:58 PM   #96
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Well, clearly, they weren't fluffy enough, pavementtune!

>:-(

Old 02-15-2018, 07:04 PM   #97
lucid_interval
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah it was certainly the conspiracy stuff I remember watching clips of and found amusing.

With regards to Billy's observations about the political left (I'm UK btw), it's not even controversial as far as I'm concerned, you only need to watch footage on youtube.

Calling someone at a protest racist if you don't know them is simply abuse. The left are obsessed with race and are the reason it's constantly made an issue in the public eye. The KKK must secretly be thankful!! I'm going to stop as this is straying from SP related.

Last edited by lucid_interval : 02-15-2018 at 07:52 PM.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:09 PM   #98
in stereo
Demi-God

I've seen SP or BC solo many times from 1996-2017. Was an obsessed fan for decades. Had a large collection of SP related crap. Thank god I never got tattoos.

It just boils down to the fact that I genuinely dislike Billy to the level where I can't support him. Back in the day the music was so emotional and authentic. Now it's just a quick arena tour so Billy can pay his wrestling debts and continue his lavish lifestyle. All you have to do is look at the lyrics from MTAE to see that this guy has no passion, and it's strictly business.

The D'arcy thing was it for me...I was lucky enough to see the OG band many times, and that's enough. I'm thankful for the old albums but I can't provide $$ into the latest BC cash grab. I genuinely am rooting for him to fail. He deserves it.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:13 PM   #99
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid_interval View Post
Yeah it was certainly the conspiracy stuff I remember watching clips of and found amusing.

With regards to Billy's observations about the political left (I'm UK btw), it's not even controversial as far as I'm concerned, you only need to watch footage on youtube.

Calling someone at a protest racist if you don't know them is simply abuse. The left are obsessed with race and are the reason it's constantly made an issue in the public eye. The KKK must secretly be thankful!! I'm going to stop as this is straying from SP related.
Yeah, heh. Alex kept rambling about how he destroyed Cenk Uygur, I think, and how the CIA killed John Lennon. Watch it in case you're bored, lol

Old 02-15-2018, 07:17 PM   #100
Skradgee
Boardcaster

The only tour I've ever protest-skipped was the one for Oceania because Jimmy was gone. Oceania is also the worst "SP" album.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:18 PM   #101
MarquisInSpades
Banned

No.
Oceania > MTAE
Therefore, MTAE the worst "SP" album

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...QeqSazODPKu9TA

Old 02-15-2018, 07:28 PM   #102
Skradgee
Boardcaster

That's just, like...your opinion, man.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:03 PM   #103
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I met billy at a signing in 2008 in London. He was courteous, spent time chatting to me and we exchanged questions and carried on talking even when the PR staff were signalling to move on to the next person. 300+ people and we had a couple of minutes of conversation. That's one of two times I've met him and both times he's been patient, interested and dignified, and was with every other fan I saw.

That's my actual experience of him with his fans face to face, so I can't agree with what you've said from my experiences.
I’m talking about his behavior as a public person over the course of 20+ years. Not whether he acts nice for a couple minutes of conversation in front of 300 people who are spoonfeeding him narcissistic supply. How are those two things even remotely comparable?

Old 02-15-2018, 08:05 PM   #104
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale_princess View Post
Anytime! One of my BFFs is a transwoman I met thru Netphoria. Queerphorians gotta stick together!
Trans girl here😃 love you 💕💕

Old 02-15-2018, 08:26 PM   #105
lucid_interval
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
I’m talking about his behavior as a public person over the course of 20+ years. Not whether he acts nice for a couple minutes of conversation in front of 300 people who are spoonfeeding him narcissistic supply. How are those two things even remotely comparable?
Unfortunately your analysis of his public behaviour isn't quantifiable and is your opinion as you well know.

I've been disappointed over the years at the many project announcements that never came to fruition and some of the newer material, but apart from that nothing he's ever done has actually been so bad as far as I'm concerned. And as for having an abusive relationship with fans in the general public sphere, and being a bully, maybe you felt that, but I ever have sorry!

Rock on!

Old 02-15-2018, 09:02 PM   #106
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Unfortunately your analysis of his public behaviour isn't quantifiable and is your opinion as you well know.

I've been disappointed over the years at the many project announcements that never came to fruition and some of the newer material, but apart from that nothing he's ever done has actually been so bad as far as I'm concerned. And as for having an abusive relationship with fans in the general public sphere, and being a bully, maybe you felt that, but I ever have sorry!

Rock on!
Except for never inviting Darcy to play with the band and releasing a public statement stating that she has always declined invitations. After lying to her about wanting her on board. That was kinda bad.

Old 02-15-2018, 09:05 PM   #107
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Oh and threatening to punch Devi Ever's lights out and sue the shit out of her simply for saying something bad about him publicly. And using transphobic slurs to boot. If that's not bad what is it....good??

Old 02-15-2018, 09:06 PM   #108
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

He also wrote and recorded Zeitgeist. I rest my case!!

Last edited by johncg : 02-15-2018 at 09:11 PM.

Old 02-15-2018, 09:16 PM   #109
lucid_interval
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Except for never inviting Darcy to play with the band and releasing a public statement stating that she has always declined invitations. After lying to her about wanting her on board. That was kinda bad.
That's a grey area for me, I can believe they never spoke directly but whether or not his 'people' got in touch with her over the years is hard to know.

Quote:
Oh and threatening to punch Devi Ever's lights out and sue the shit out of her simply for saying something bad about him publicly. And using transphobic slurs to boot. If that's not bad what is it....good??
I forgot about that, fair point!

Old 02-15-2018, 09:53 PM   #110
Cowlishaw
Pledge

Really on the fence; might see em in Omaha only to see Jimmy and James. I shudder at the thought of supporting Billy in any capacity though.

Old 02-15-2018, 09:57 PM   #111
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

chances for tickets for 20 bucks on the day of the show were never bigger, were they?
given the capacity of these venue bunkers.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:00 PM   #112
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Going to the show then most likely never seeing any of them again, unless James does a solo tour. Time to let it come down.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:43 PM   #113
FoolofaTook

You sound like a junkie.

"Just one more time, then never again!"

Old 02-15-2018, 11:03 PM   #114
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
I last saw Billy perform while he was heading Zwan and I see no reason to change that

I'd honestly rather see D'arcy do a one-woman spoken word show about all she's been through

It could be called HORSES AND HORSE: A LIFE
Long Horses I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkstar View Post
honest question...for those who hate billy so much, why do you spend your energy on an internet forum about him?
the shortest answer possible is that billy corgan's music has at the least meant a lot to most of us here. I don't think most of us hate him, but it's hard growing up and realizing something that really is important to you and means so much to you came from someone who is an abusive crazy person and that he just continuously over time gets worse and then even starts blaming you as a fan for his failures. but at the same time, he still gave us songs that saved our fucking lives so.

Quote:
I met billy at a signing in 2008 in London. He was courteous, spent time chatting to me and we exchanged questions and carried on talking even when the PR staff were signalling to move on to the next person. 300+ people and we had a couple of minutes of conversation. That's one of two times I've met him and both times he's been patient, interested and dignified, and was with every other fan I saw.

That's my actual experience of him with his fans face to face, so I can't agree with what you've said from my experiences.
lol glad you verified his entire personality spectrum the two times he has given you his autograph

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisInSpades View Post
Yeah, his Alex Jones shit was pretty screwed up. I personally don't really think his political beliefs are an extension to his capabilities as a songwriter, but to each their own. I really don't think he's racist like some people here are calling him.
depends how you define "racist," but he's said/done at least a few racist things. if it quacks like a duck, it could be a really confused chicken but that's probably not what it is

Quote:

lmao man it actually makes me feel a little better knowing there are people this stupid in other countries as well

Old 02-15-2018, 11:04 PM   #115
fuzzyroes
Banned

I'm going to go to a show on the tour and I'm gonna be excited to do it.

We've had years of Billy trying to take the DIY path and it's always been a shit-show. He's got some real backing and he has Jimmy and James there with him for the first time in 20 years... It's gonna be fucking sweet and it's enough to make me enthusiastic.

We all know and always knew Billy Corgan is a dickhead, but it hasn't stopped me from supporting him 23 years ago, and it's not gonna stop me now.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:06 PM   #116
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
We've had years of Billy trying to take the DIY path and it's always been a shit-show. He's got some real backing and he has Jimmy and James there with him for the first time in 20 years... It's gonna be fucking sweet and it's enough to make me enthusiastic.
actually it's going to suck because Jeff is involved and three guitars cannot exist at the same time on one stage

Old 02-15-2018, 11:08 PM   #117
fuzzyroes
Banned

Yeah, Jeff being there will suck, I've documented exactly why that is... But I believe the powerful Jimmy/BC attack with the charisma of James will override the lameness of the Jeff/Bates duo.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:09 PM   #118
redbreegull

I'm undecided but I will vote when I make up my mind

Old 02-15-2018, 11:10 PM   #119
SPLATTER
Demi-God

he totally has gas lit fans who rooted for him

oceania was part of teargarden, an album within an album

i'd release all this material you'd love to hear but not enough of you would pay enough for it

he's just so alternative, always against the grain and has such a contrarian view that he supports alex jones b/c he's always been about not following the mainstream. what an intellect.

remember when he went on stern a couple times ago and said james was a dick bc he didn't ask billy to help out on his own solo record? like.... what?

he has integrity not sell out the bands legacy. well look what we have here.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:12 PM   #120
fuzzyroes
Banned

No one cares... Fans just wanna see a fun production with Jimmy rocking his ass off while Billy plays our favorite songs...

Sure, there's no integrity involved, and this is the biggest sell-out shit that the Smashing Pumpkins have ever done in their career... But I'm gonna be 32 in a few months, I simply don't care anymore. I just wanna have some fun and see a spectacle featuring the songs I love.