Mr MacPhisto
Taper

Post Weezer Chicago

Weezer
Thursday, July 11th, 2002
Tweeter Center
Tinley Park, IL

Taper: Frank Quinto
Source: Oktava MC 012 -> Denecke PS-2 48v ps -> Denecke AD-20 Pre-amp/digital convertor -> optical -> Sharp md's

1. Improv
2. My name is Jonas
3. Island In The Sun
4. Butterfly
5. Undone - the Sweater song
6. Death and Destruction
7. The Good Life
8. Buddy Holly
9. Hash Pipe
10. Why Bother?
11. No one else
12. Keep Fishin'
13. Falling for you
14. Holiday
15. Space Rock
16. el Scorcho
17. Say it ain't so

18. Dope Nose
19. Tired of sex

Old 07-12-2002, 08:53 AM   #2
glued_on_wings
Ownz

Nice man.. cant wait to get a copy of this. I will be reaceving one at the end of the tour after i tape them when they come here to DC.. However i doubt my work will turn out as good as yours..

Rock ON..

------------------
- I use music as some kind of weird salvation to get away from life... -
-We will miss you!! The Smashing Pumpkins (1988-2000) -

Sad Machines Audio Archive
Glued On Wings FTP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" target="_blank">Glued On Wings FTP

Old 07-12-2002, 12:44 PM   #3
tearmeapart1129
Amish Rake Fighter

Very nice to see that they added more Pinkerton to the setlist, but very, VERY dissapointed that Only In Dreams wasn't played.

Old 07-12-2002, 06:20 PM   #4
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Oh please, they've played Only in Dreams at practically every show since 2000. If you haven't seen them in the past two years, either you live in tibet or you're lazy, because they toured constantly.

Suck On This.

Old 07-12-2002, 06:51 PM   #5
Fish
Demi-God

Arrow

Except, they didn't play it at the three shows I saw them in July 2001. They also only played Tired of Sex off Pinkerton. We didn't even get My Name is Jonas http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif

Old 07-13-2002, 01:54 AM   #6
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Fish:
Except, they didn't play it at the three shows I saw them in July 2001. They also only played Tired of Sex off Pinkerton. We didn't even get My Name is Jonas http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif
Hooptie Tour doesn't count! That was specifically for promoting green.

Suck On This.

Old 07-13-2002, 04:12 AM   #7
Sebastian
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Slurpee:
If you haven't seen them in the past two years, either you live in tibet or you're lazy, because they toured constantly.
...or you live in Europe where they only played a few shows (most of them in the U.K.). The real tour got cancelled with no real reason given. I still haven't forgiven them for that.

Old 07-13-2002, 11:11 AM   #8
glued_on_wings
Ownz

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebastian:
...or you live in Europe where they only played a few shows (most of them in the U.K.). The real tour got cancelled with no real reason given. I still haven't forgiven them for that.
I got canceled becuase some damn bastards decided to hi-jack an airplane and fly it into some tall buildings. FUCKING OSAMA...

Rock On.

------------------

Glued On Wings FTP

Old 07-13-2002, 11:40 AM   #9
Age Of Empathy
Demi-God

I'm taping Toronto this Sunday. I tried to get access to the soundbooth, but some guy signed up before me. His setup (Tandy Mic>MD) doesn't seem very good, I was hoping that I could take his spot in hopes of better equipment. (Dynamic Audio Cardioids>D7)

------------------
she wrote her dreams in her diary, she placed them under her bed ...

[This message has been edited by Age Of Empathy (edited 07-13-2002).]

Old 07-13-2002, 11:43 AM   #10
The Gaddrow
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally posted by Age Of Empathy:
His setup (Tandy Mic>MD) doesn't seem very good
Christ, that blows. It's a shame people sign up when they know there are people out there with better gear willing to sign up. Good luck getting the spot.

Old 07-13-2002, 01:31 PM   #11
tearmeapart1129
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Oh please, they've played Only in Dreams at practically every show since 2000. If you haven't seen them in the past two years, either you live in tibet or you're lazy, because they toured constantly.
I saw them twice last year, and yes they played it both times. But seeing as how its my favorite song of theirs, I'm a little disapointed to see it wasn't played.

[This message has been edited by tearmeapart1129 (edited 07-13-2002).]

Old 07-13-2002, 03:17 PM   #12
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gaddrow:
Christ, that blows. It's a shame people sign up when they know there are people out there with better gear willing to sign up. Good luck getting the spot.
And the guy that runs it doesn't think SHNs are worthwhile. MP3 ALL THE WAY BABY!!!

Suck On This.

Old 07-13-2002, 03:31 PM   #13
GrungeGuy
Ownz

Not to sound greedy, but is there a timeframe for when this will be on the hub?

------------------
I hope grunge dies and falls off the face of the earth. Down with grunge - Billy 6.23.93
I miss my hair
Bootlist(finally updated)

Old 07-13-2002, 03:33 PM   #14
Snail*
Pledge

Quote:
I'm taping Toronto this Sunday. I tried to get access to the soundbooth, but some guy signed up before me.
You probably could have had him bumped out and put on reserve, but it's too late now.

Old 07-13-2002, 03:56 PM   #15
Age Of Empathy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally posted by Snail*:
You probably could have had him bumped out and put on reserve, but it's too late now.
I tried emailing the owner of that site but never got a response.

------------------
she wrote her dreams in her diary, she placed them under her bed ...

Old 07-13-2002, 05:08 PM   #16
Mr MacPhisto
Taper

Quote:
Originally posted by GrungeGuy:
Not to sound greedy, but is there a timeframe for when this will be on the hub?

soon

Old 07-13-2002, 05:37 PM   #17
fallingtogether
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
I'm taping Toronto this Sunday. I tried to get access to the soundbooth, but some guy signed up before me. His setup (Tandy Mic>MD) doesn't seem very good, I was hoping that I could take his spot in hopes of better equipment. (Dynamic Audio Cardioids>D7)

yea man, i'm all for weezer letting people tape and think it's great but these lame people taping with computer mics or otherwise questionable rigs are really annoying. i wanted to tape one of the nj shows w/ dpa4061s (versus a shure sm58) and not only did i never get a reply about a backup spot, but i had no way of contacting the person with those spots to see if they'd switch with me. i wish they'd reform the taping system a little, although this is better than nothing.

Old 07-13-2002, 07:08 PM   #18
Fish
Demi-God

Unhappy

Quote:
Hooptie Tour doesn't count! That was specifically for promoting green.
It wasn't the Hootpie tour, it was their first European Tour for like 5 years and they cancelled some of it to shoot a video that never got used.. Not that i'm bitter..

Old 07-13-2002, 07:34 PM   #19
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally posted by Fish:
It wasn't the Hootpie tour, it was their first European Tour for like 5 years and they cancelled some of it to shoot a video that never got used.. Not that i'm bitter..
Oh yeah, that just sucked. I'm sorry. Marcos Siega is the devil, too.

Suck On This.

Old 07-14-2002, 03:13 PM   #20
pattycakes77
Pledge

Red face

hey, does anyone know if there's a better possibly soundboard source for the 5-04-02 show at hilton coliseum in ames, iowa? i had balcony seats to that one and my equipment was a bit messed up so my show really isn't all that great. it's a decent recording that i will listen to over and over, but not the best. just wondering if someone with better equip got a soundboard source for this show?

thnx,

patrick

Old 07-14-2002, 03:17 PM   #21
aldango
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by pattycakes77:
hey, does anyone know if there's a better possibly soundboard source for the 5-04-02 show at hilton coliseum in ames, iowa? i had balcony seats to that one and my equipment was a bit messed up so my show really isn't all that great. it's a decent recording that i will listen to over and over, but not the best. just wondering if someone with better equip got a soundboard source for this show?

thnx,

patrick
They're not actually SBD tapes, just taped from inside the box...

Old 07-14-2002, 08:09 PM   #22
pattycakes77
Pledge

Red face

gotcha!

so, nobody knows anything bout my sad iowa show? didn't expect so http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif

well, incase anyone here did go to that show, i have a recording of it with these faults -

various skips in the audio that i edited out so it goes from one part of a song to between 1 and 30 seconds later (very annoying)

some songs are a little choppy or missing parts to them.

only in dreams is cut.

and i recorded from my assigned seat which was in the balcony on the left side of the stage, so you can hear the echo of the drums mostly off the back of the coliseum, but it's not too terribly noticeable, just on a few songs.

sorry, gots to get a decent recorder for next time peeps.

patrick

Old 07-14-2002, 11:13 PM   #23
glued_on_wings
Ownz

Quote:
gotcha!

so, nobody knows anything bout my sad iowa show? didn't expect so http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif

well, incase anyone here did go to that show, i have a recording of it with these faults -

various skips in the audio that i edited out so it goes from one part of a song to between 1 and 30 seconds later (very annoying)

some songs are a little choppy or missing parts to them.

only in dreams is cut.

and i recorded from my assigned seat which was in the balcony on the left side of the stage, so you can hear the echo of the drums mostly off the back of the coliseum, but it's not too terribly noticeable, just on a few songs.

sorry, gots to get a decent recorder for next time peeps.

patrick
Sorry no one taped the show for the weezer recording project.. See for yourself. http://www.geocities.com/bokkasrealm/project2.html

however if you can trade shn i may be intersted in trading you for a copy. I have lots of weezer boots on the way..

Rock On..

------------------

Glued On Wings FTP

Old 07-15-2002, 08:44 PM   #24
pattycakes77
Pledge

Red face

i was searching some lists for a totally different band when i came upon a list that said they had the ames show "on the way". i know it's not my source cuz i haven't even let anyone listen to it yet, let alone have a copy. so, i emailed this person asking about the copy they are getting but have yet to hear back from them. i'll post whatever i hear on this thread when i get some answers, if i ever do. would be nice to have a decent copy of that show instead of just mine.
i might put up a mp3 sample of it later so you know what it sounds like before you decide on trading. you might change your mind http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

purr-snickety-patrick

Old 07-15-2002, 11:40 PM   #25
glued_on_wings
Ownz

Quote:
i was searching some lists for a totally different band when i came upon a list that said they had the ames show "on the way". i know it's not my source cuz i haven't even let anyone listen to it yet, let alone have a copy. so, i emailed this person asking about the copy they are getting but have yet to hear back from them. i'll post whatever i hear on this thread when i get some answers, if i ever do. would be nice to have a decent copy of that show instead of just mine.
i might put up a mp3 sample of it later so you know what it sounds like before you decide on trading. you might change your mind http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

purr-snickety-patrick
Im pretty sure there is one out there becuase i htink i saw it somewhere and i doubt it was yours..

Rock ON..

------------------

Glued On Wings FTP

Old 07-16-2002, 01:07 AM   #26
pattycakes77
Pledge

Red face

jeremy,

i have to comment, actually praise you, on a delightful list you have on your site. BRAVO! i wish mine looked like that, and i wish i had all your SP shows as well. that must have taken you forever to do. one bad thing though... i was sad to see i wasn't on your good traders list, but also happy to see i wasn't on your bad traders list either. oh well, our trade was quite a long time ago, i can hardly remember it myself. weren't you on the east coast somewhere?

anyway, lmk what weezer shows you get in and we'll talk shn.

patrick

Old 07-16-2002, 09:35 AM   #27
glued_on_wings
Ownz

Quote:
jeremy,

i have to comment, actually praise you, on a delightful list you have on your site. BRAVO! i wish mine looked like that, and i wish i had all your SP shows as well. that must have taken you forever to do. one bad thing though... i was sad to see i wasn't on your good traders list, but also happy to see i wasn't on your bad traders list either. oh well, our trade was quite a long time ago, i can hardly remember it myself. weren't you on the east coast somewhere?

anyway, lmk what weezer shows you get in and we'll talk shn.

patrick

Yeah i remember trading with you back in the day.. Umm that good traders list hasnt been updated in forever, it should be about 5 times as long. As for the bad traders list that is the only guy who ever made it to it. And yes im on the east coast. Umm as for weezer, i need to updated my non sp list soon, becuase i got a decent amount of weezer boots. Umm Sometime after the einlighment tour i should have a crap load of boots coming in. Somewthing like 20. I will be getting the whole enlightment tour minus like 4 shows, and then like 4 shows from dusty west, and 6 shows from hyper extended. Im really looking for blue and pinkerton era shows, as well as 2000. Lets do some shning sometime..

Rock ON..

------------------

Glued On Wings FTP

Old 07-16-2002, 07:33 PM   #28
pattycakes77
Pledge

Red face

sure thing jeremy. do you have an ftp or something? or i guess we could just go and make our own room on direct connect, i've done that before. i wish i could find the first weezer show i went to, blue album era. they opened for LIVE, can't remember if it was '94 or '95, i bought my tix for weezer and only stayed for live cuz there was a really hot chick all over me, don't ask me how that happened? oh, and there was a pre-opening band band called Fantom Mansions or something like that, kinda techno/goth/country i think, very NOT good.

k, check ya later.

snikety-p

Old 09-06-2002, 12:39 AM   #29
bokkasrealm
Amish Rake Fighter

I have been reading this board for sometime now. Nice stuff. I understand your complaints about the project. For the next leg, most likely around 2003, there will be new rules instituted. One of them being that best equipment takes the cake. I will have an arbitrary source deciding this.

I have had major problems contacting Frank. His email [email protected] has not been working for me. I figured that maybe you guys could help me out with this. I am still trying to get this concert out to everyone. If you can help me get in touch with him, [email protected] or bokkasrealm (AOL IM).

About the SHN's, they will never find a place in Weezer fansites. I will be happy to rip some SHN's from the originals that I have already and upload them to a few FTP's. One of you guys could set this up and we could get the ball rolling in that sector. Just dont expect to see this format being traded amongst the casual weezer fan.

Thanks for any future responses.

Bokkasrealm

P.S. - Zwan Rules!

Old 09-06-2002, 09:19 AM   #30
DoctaSoma
Demi-God

Quote:
I live in New Zealand, so either I'm too lazy to fly to US or New Zealand is similar to Tibet. Hmm, either way I haven't seen Weezer in the last two years.

-Ben