Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > Music News and Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2017, 09:35 PM   #61
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Appels and oranjes. QOTSA make a different type of music and in their prime (1998 through 2005) they were pretty much the best game in town.
Two hard rock/"altenative" bands from the 90s? More like Gala and Fuji

Old 12-13-2017, 09:36 PM   #62
redbreegull

lol what about that time b0lly jumped into the audience and punched the guy who was making "gun hands" at him during 1979?

Old 12-13-2017, 09:37 PM   #63
redbreegull

LOL what about the time he kicked the guy from the Used in the stomach?

Old 12-13-2017, 10:09 PM   #64
FoolofaTook

HEAVY ROCKS is better than anything QOTSA have ever put out. By like a million fatherfucking light years.

I have spoken.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:37 PM   #65
fuzzyroes
Banned

In a recent article in Rolling Stone they mentioned that Holme was drinking at 11AM... Definitely rang alarm bells in my head. Alcoholism can be a scary place to be. Hopefully he gets help.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:52 PM   #66
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Yeah, hopefully those struggling with alcoholism can get help indeed...

Old 12-13-2017, 11:52 PM   #67
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
LOL what about the time he kicked the guy from the Used in the stomach?
Wat

Old 12-14-2017, 12:01 AM   #68
fuzzyroes
Banned

Lol that was during the Zwan days at some festival. Didn't the Used guy try to trip him or some shit?

I used to always be surprised when I heard of Billy acting like an angry tough guy or whatever because I assumed he was this sensitive man but now I know it's just a central part of his personality.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:07 AM   #69
FoolofaTook

Your father is a central part of my sexuality.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:33 AM   #70
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
lol what about that time b0lly jumped into the audience and punched the guy who was making "gun hands" at him during 1979?
wait, what?

Old 12-14-2017, 05:47 AM   #71
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Your father is a central part of my sexuality.
he is in mine too

Old 12-14-2017, 01:50 PM   #72
cork_soaker
full of longing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
In a recent article in Rolling Stone they mentioned that Holme was drinking at 11AM...
from that same interview, uttered whilst drinking tequila at 11am: "I'm really drunk from last night, still."

Old 12-14-2017, 01:56 PM   #73
FoolofaTook

Default Sepulchres, whitewashed.

Josh Homme has revealed for the first time why he fired longtime friend Nick Oliveri from Queens Of The Stone Age in 2004. Speaking to Zane Lowe tonight (July 6) on BBC Radio 1, Homme said he ordered Oliveri to leave the band after he independently confirmed Oliveri had been physically abusive to his girlfriend. "A couple years ago, I spoke to Nick about a rumor I heard," Homme recalled. "I said, 'If I ever find out that this is true, I can't know you, man.' Because music and my life are the same thing, there's no rules until something massive happens. [Nick] was over here [in England] with [QOTSA vocalist Mark] Lanegan and something happened again, and he almost didn't make it out of the country. That's not music anymore."

Old 12-14-2017, 03:38 PM   #74
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork_soaker View Post
from that same interview, uttered whilst drinking tequila at 11am: "I'm really drunk from last night, still."
Dude is well over 40, with kids, and still thinks it's cool to parade his obvious alcoholism as just "my rock and roll lifestyle, man"

To a truly full-blown alcoholic (myself) the consistent self delusion pouring out of this guy for the last several years is basically terrifying

If he doesn't dry out soon it's only gonna get worse

Old 12-14-2017, 03:41 PM   #75
run2pee
Minion of Satan

The most frustrating thing to me is that so many of his fans don't give a shit, most likely b/c they are heavily invested in their own self destructive patterns

Their reddit, even after this latest catastrophe, is awash with dickheads aggressively defending the guy "everyone calm down" "stop talking about this it's not a big deal" "he kicked THE CAMERA NOT THE LADY" give me a fucking break

Come to think of it I haven't checked inthefade.net i wonder what they're saying over there

Old 12-14-2017, 06:41 PM   #76
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Yeah but, fanboys/girls are always going to make shitty excuses like that.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:29 PM   #77
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Dude is well over 40, with kids, and still thinks it's cool to parade his obvious alcoholism as just "my rock and roll lifestyle, man"

To a truly full-blown alcoholic (myself) the consistent self delusion pouring out of this guy for the last several years is basically terrifying

If he doesn't dry out soon it's only gonna get worse
I gotta admit, when my alcoholism was at it's worst I'd read things about NOFX and their hard-partying ways and felt a kinship and likewise I'd be all bummed out if some artist I liked got sober, rationalizing that it would affect their output for the worst.

With that said, guys partying their asses off in their 40's is never gonna end well. I appreciate rockers that still drink, as I do think it helps them to rock out better, but there's gotta be a healthy limit and moderation.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:30 PM   #78
fuzzyroes
Banned

If you're kicking young girls who are fans of yours in the face at your shows then you definitely have a predicament that you gotta seriously face.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:33 PM   #79
cork_soaker
full of longing

gotta kick the habit

right in the face

Old 12-14-2017, 07:35 PM   #80
fuzzyroes
Banned

I dunno. I don't believe in the theory that dictates that you're either completely sober or an alcoholic. I think moderation is a real choice, and it's been working for me. I haven't had any reckless incidents in over 2 years.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:37 PM   #81
FoolofaTook

I wish Mr. Homme had kicked you in the face instead.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:58 PM   #82
cork_soaker
full of longing

Quote:
I dunno. I don't believe in the theory that dictates that you're either completely sober or an alcoholic. I think moderation is a real choice, and it's been working for me. I haven't had any reckless incidents in over 2 years.
this isn't necessarily speaking to your or mr. homme's experience, but avoiding immediately catastrophic or dramatic consequences doesn't mean the substance intake isn't gradually eroding relationships or having ultimately radically negative mental, physical, professional, economic, etc effects

Old 12-14-2017, 09:03 PM   #83
FoolofaTook

Lol fuzzy doesn't believe in a theory.

Brilliant!!!

Old 12-14-2017, 11:47 PM   #84
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I gotta admit, when my alcoholism was at it's worst I'd read things about NOFX and their hard-partying ways and felt a kinship and likewise I'd be all bummed out if some artist I liked got sober, rationalizing that it would affect their output for the worst.I appreciate rockers that still drink, as I do think it helps them
Fuzzy i feel you so hard on this. Our addiction feeds itself on the so many powerful myths about drinking we absorbed growing up, one of which = rock n roll is a drinking mans paradise where your job description requires you to party

You have begun, however falteringly, the uncomfortable path toward acceptance that the demon that has infested your body is using such lies to preserve itself. The demon will never leave you. It, in fact, will outlive you. But you don't have to let it kill you

Stop drinking

Old 12-15-2017, 12:02 AM   #85
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I don't believe in the theory that dictates that alcoholics can't keep drinking. I think moderation is a real choice that alcoholics are able to accomplish [ed. thru vigorous spiritual buddhism?] and it's been working for me, an alcoholic.

...........I haven't had any reckless incidents in over 2 years.
i haven't even been here 2 years and nearly every anecdote of your life that you have shared that I have seen has involved drinking or drinking a lot or feeling depressed that you are maybe drinking too much but cutting back on drinking because you're learning how to drink better now and you're wiser and older plus man it sucks to make such a fool of yourself but gosh life just isn't the same if you're not drinking but ouch it hurts to drink sometimes but holy smokes it's ok b/c now ive nailed it now im only drinking X much (under X circumstances), or on X day(s) of the week(s), plus extra bonus days depending on how the drinkings going

YOU ARE AN ALCOHOLIC

STOP DRINKING, NOW

Old 12-15-2017, 12:42 AM   #86
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

+1

Old 12-15-2017, 07:32 PM   #87
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
If you're kicking young girls who are fans of yours in the face at your shows then you definitely have a predicament that you gotta seriously face.
fuzzy, what if he denied it happened, despite all the fingers pointing in his direction? Would you say it's OK to let him off the hook? You know, for the greater good?

Old 12-15-2017, 07:33 PM   #88
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
I wish Mr. Homme had kicked you in the face instead.
Feel Good Hit of the Fuzzer

Old 12-17-2017, 05:51 PM   #89
FoolofaTook

You Must Spread Some Rep Around Before "Giving It" to Floaming Glabes again.

Old 12-17-2017, 06:50 PM   #90
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
i haven't even been here 2 years and nearly every anecdote of your life that you have shared that I have seen has involved drinking or drinking a lot or feeling depressed that you are maybe drinking too much but cutting back on drinking because you're learning how to drink better now and you're wiser and older plus man it sucks to make such a fool of yourself but gosh life just isn't the same if you're not drinking but ouch it hurts to drink sometimes but holy smokes it's ok b/c now ive nailed it now im only drinking X much (under X circumstances), or on X day(s) of the week(s), plus extra bonus days depending on how the drinkings going

YOU ARE AN ALCOHOLIC

STOP DRINKING, NOW
Yeah man... You're probably right... You're probably right. It's just not an easy thing to do.

I had a good run awhile back but I dunno. Maybe I'll try and quit for a month or 2 to start... Just to see if I can do it again.